Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blocked sewerage pipe 08:34 - May 25 with 957 viewsGiff

My daughter lives in Morriston and has a blocked sewerage pipe. Any suggestions on a reputable company in the area and an approximate cost if possible.
Blocked sewerage pipe on 09:55 - May 25 with 894 viewsdickythorpe

Have you phoned Welsh Water? Always find them helpful.
Blocked sewerage pipe on 09:58 - May 25 with 889 viewsmax936

Above ground or below, if below fone Council and they'll come out normally free of charge, if above ground and you've a toilet upstairs put plug in bath and basin if shower block waste outlet up with old towel etc and put pressure on the towel to secure in place, then get a mop and plunge mop in the toilet and plunge it up and down that should clear it normally, if it's a toilet roll stuck on U bend of toilet then I'm afraid it's a long waterproof glove and go for it.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Blocked sewerage pipe on 10:00 - May 25 with 882 viewsdickythorpe

Blocked sewerage pipe on 09:58 - May 25 by max936

Above ground or below, if below fone Council and they'll come out normally free of charge, if above ground and you've a toilet upstairs put plug in bath and basin if shower block waste outlet up with old towel etc and put pressure on the towel to secure in place, then get a mop and plunge mop in the toilet and plunge it up and down that should clear it normally, if it's a toilet roll stuck on U bend of toilet then I'm afraid it's a long waterproof glove and go for it.

Jesus wept Max , as advice goes thats clean off!!!
Blocked sewerage pipe on 10:11 - May 25 with 866 viewsmax936

Blocked sewerage pipe on 10:00 - May 25 by dickythorpe

Jesus wept Max , as advice goes thats clean off!!!

I will add it's advice not for the faint hearted and it can turn out a bit messy if you're unlucky, but it normally sorts it, either that or try an unblocker like One Shot, but its nasty stuff, gloves and very good ventilation is required, pour the recommended dose stated on bottle down drain and vacate the premises for a while it's strong stuff but just follow the advice on the bottle.
[Post edited 25 May 2016 10:13]

Blocked sewerage pipe on 10:16 - May 25 with 859 viewsDafyddHuw

Shit happens.
Blocked sewerage pipe on 10:30 - May 25 with 839 viewsGiff

Blocked sewerage pipe on 10:11 - May 25 by max936

I will add it's advice not for the faint hearted and it can turn out a bit messy if you're unlucky, but it normally sorts it, either that or try an unblocker like One Shot, but its nasty stuff, gloves and very good ventilation is required, pour the recommended dose stated on bottle down drain and vacate the premises for a while it's strong stuff but just follow the advice on the bottle.
[Post edited 25 May 2016 10:13]

She said that it was coming back up a drain
Blocked sewerage pipe on 10:30 - May 25 with 838 viewsmax936

Blocked sewerage pipe on 10:16 - May 25 by DafyddHuw

Shit happens.

Aye you're right there, unblocking urinals is a favourite too, especially on a Monday after a guts full over the weekend

Blocked sewerage pipe on 10:32 - May 25 with 831 viewsmax936

Blocked sewerage pipe on 10:30 - May 25 by Giff

She said that it was coming back up a drain

Outside? if yes thats below ground then, Council it is then and ask for the environment department.

Login to get fewer ads

Blocked sewerage pipe on 10:35 - May 25 with 828 viewsGiff

Blocked sewerage pipe on 10:32 - May 25 by max936

Outside? if yes thats below ground then, Council it is then and ask for the environment department.

Yes, outside. Will contact council, thanks very much for your help.
Blocked sewerage pipe on 10:56 - May 25 with 803 viewsJohnw102

I used rods with spike on the end, had to get down in manhole to use them nothing happened, then suddenly a rumble and water started to trickle through then Whoosh, jumped out almost in time, nearly a weeks 5hit paper eat cleared. Wife insisted on hosing me down before I was allowed into house and shower. The joys of DIY!!

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Blocked sewerage pipe on 11:05 - May 25 with 789 viewsPhaedrus

try going to the nearest phone box and having a tug.Your drains will be the least of your worries.

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Blocked sewerage pipe on 14:57 - May 25 with 674 viewsunion_jack

Blocked sewerage pipe on 10:56 - May 25 by Johnw102

I used rods with spike on the end, had to get down in manhole to use them nothing happened, then suddenly a rumble and water started to trickle through then Whoosh, jumped out almost in time, nearly a weeks 5hit paper eat cleared. Wife insisted on hosing me down before I was allowed into house and shower. The joys of DIY!!

Messy but very satisfying that whoosh is!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024