Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Police 24/7 09:00 - May 25 with 1147 viewsCopperJack

Anyone seen this? It's meant to be about South Wales Police, and the area they cover, but instead, they've only covered Swansea so far (and one fleeting reference to Neath).

The Cardiff media love portraying a negative impression of Swansea don't they? Last time it was Swansea Living on the Streets. Heaven forbid they do a programme in Splott or Tremorfa.

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

Police 24/7 on 10:19 - May 25 with 1097 viewsfather_jack

and its all drugs and drunkeness

DRINK, FECK, GIRRRRLLSSS!

Police 24/7 on 11:08 - May 25 with 1057 viewsCopperJack

Police 24/7 on 10:19 - May 25 by father_jack

and its all drugs and drunkeness

Like every time they show Swansea. Heaven forbid they take them to a nice part of town or, for once, show someone who isn't a drug addict. No wonder so many people in Wales have a bad impression of Swansea when the Welsh media spend their time trying to convince them that it's like that.

Police 24/7 on 13:10 - May 25 with 966 viewsdickythorpe

They should focus on some of the "religious radicals" that inhabit the areas near Cardiff Bay for a change.....but they wont until they are shown on a training video for a terrorist group.
Police 24/7 on 13:18 - May 25 with 958 viewscostalotta

The Welsh media...hahhahahhahhhaaaahhhahhahhaahhah.

Really?

There is no welsh media anymore as they've become an irrelevance. Who buys their rags/newspapers? Who watches the welsh News ? Who can understand it for a start (And i don't mean the language) For my part i stopped years ago and apart from picking up snippets on here i have set it to IGNORE. They are a compete joke and judging by some of the tripe I've read on here thats sourced from them i have to say who cares? They clearly have contempt for Swansea, they obviously don't get it. Small mind, small newspapers, reporting to a small minority by printing small time rubbish.
Police 24/7 on 13:23 - May 25 with 948 viewsDarran

Police 24/7 on 11:08 - May 25 by CopperJack

Like every time they show Swansea. Heaven forbid they take them to a nice part of town or, for once, show someone who isn't a drug addict. No wonder so many people in Wales have a bad impression of Swansea when the Welsh media spend their time trying to convince them that it's like that.

There's been some wonderful footage down The Gower on this series of Police 24/7.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Police 24/7 on 13:40 - May 25 with 925 viewsLoyal

Police 24/7 on 13:18 - May 25 by costalotta

The Welsh media...hahhahahhahhhaaaahhhahhahhaahhah.

Really?

There is no welsh media anymore as they've become an irrelevance. Who buys their rags/newspapers? Who watches the welsh News ? Who can understand it for a start (And i don't mean the language) For my part i stopped years ago and apart from picking up snippets on here i have set it to IGNORE. They are a compete joke and judging by some of the tripe I've read on here thats sourced from them i have to say who cares? They clearly have contempt for Swansea, they obviously don't get it. Small mind, small newspapers, reporting to a small minority by printing small time rubbish.

Spot on pal. Absolutely 100% correct.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Police 24/7 on 14:51 - May 25 with 842 viewsunion_jack

Police 24/7 on 13:23 - May 25 by Darran

There's been some wonderful footage down The Gower on this series of Police 24/7.

Incoming!!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Police 24/7 on 15:02 - May 25 with 832 viewscostalotta

Police 24/7 on 13:40 - May 25 by Loyal

Spot on pal. Absolutely 100% correct.

The so called welsh media seem like they don't realise that the world has moved on.... Communication, News, Sport, Business, friends and social interaction is now global. They are so out of touch its unreal.

I tend to use the foreign channels for news... Less bullsh*t, less sensationalism, less censorship too...real news.
[Post edited 25 May 2016 15:03]
Login to get fewer ads

Police 24/7 on 15:07 - May 25 with 826 viewscostalotta

Police 24/7 on 14:51 - May 25 by union_jack

Incoming!!

Why anybody living in or close to Swansea would want to watch footage of The Gower is beyond me. Go there and enjoy it for real.
Police 24/7 on 15:43 - May 25 with 804 viewsDafyddHuw

Fùck 'em (copyright Darran)
Police 24/7 on 16:28 - May 25 with 769 viewsCopperJack

Police 24/7 on 13:23 - May 25 by Darran

There has been yeah, but it is stuck in between the constant belittling of Swansea and portraying the city as a drug riddled, crime hotspot. I lived in England for a few years and the difference in the way English people viewed Swansea compared to Welsh people was stark. Why? Because English people haven't been brainwashed by the Cardiff media into thinking Cardiff is like New York and Swansea is a cesspit.

Police 24/7 on 16:49 - May 25 with 747 viewsDarran

Police 24/7 on 16:28 - May 25 by CopperJack

There has been yeah, but it is stuck in between the constant belittling of Swansea and portraying the city as a drug riddled, crime hotspot. I lived in England for a few years and the difference in the way English people viewed Swansea compared to Welsh people was stark. Why? Because English people haven't been brainwashed by the Cardiff media into thinking Cardiff is like New York and Swansea is a cesspit.

Did you ever see Bread?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Police 24/7 on 18:26 - May 25 with 668 viewsjack247

Police 24/7 on 16:28 - May 25 by CopperJack

It hasn't been much different to the call centre or the series about the market in the way it portrays Swansea. Even some of the criminals are funny. If anyone, English or whatever, watches any of those programmes and seriously thinks that most people in Swansea are like that, or that there aren't drug addicts, car thieves, call centres and markets in pretty much any city, then they probably wouldn't be capable of getting here unaided. Personally, I found all three enjoyable, light hearted trash tv.

I think it portrays Gower in worse light. As in bumbling toffs rather than the scenery.

Plus, let's be fair, not many people outside the Swansea area are going to watch it anyway.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024