Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cars on personal Lease 14:58 - May 25 with 14125 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Hi Guys, after some advise if anyone can help?

Have had a bit of a nightmare with mine & the Mrs' cars recently. Cost us significant amount of money to get them both fixed & as such, we're looking into getting cars on personal lease, as opposed to PCP/finance so any service/repair costs are paid for.

Does anyone else have a car on personal lease?
What's the best way of going about it - dealership, 3rd party etc?
Are there any companies in Swansea/surrounding areas that facilitate this?
Do you find it works better for you rather than buying used/nearly new on finance?

Cheers in advance.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Cars on personal Lease on 15:19 - May 25 with 7356 viewslatchford

I`ve got one from VIP leasing in Cardiff. Excellent service and very good price. Give them a try
Cars on personal Lease on 16:09 - May 25 with 7298 viewsCooperman

I came out of a company car scheme about 10 years ago and have had personal lease ever since, 3 cars on the trot from Nationwide Vehicle Contracts who are prepared to price match anyone else and who are a big player in the lease market.

I tried to beat their price for my current car by going direct to dealer only to find it was 25% more expensive purely based on the volume of cars that NVC shift.

It all comes down to personal choice. If you want a 2/3/4 year plan without considerable up front investment and with a walk away option at the end, then personal leasing could be your option. It's not for everyone though.

There are some astonishing deals out there ranging from city cars for less than £100 per month to Audi A6 saloon, 2.0Tdi S-Line Black Edition S-Tronic for £350.

Maintenance options can be included but I've avoided them so far. Road tax and MOT is included in price but you sort your own insurance. Normal vehicle warranty applies.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Cars on personal Lease on 16:46 - May 25 with 7244 viewsJackfath

Cars on personal Lease on 16:09 - May 25 by Cooperman

I came out of a company car scheme about 10 years ago and have had personal lease ever since, 3 cars on the trot from Nationwide Vehicle Contracts who are prepared to price match anyone else and who are a big player in the lease market.

I tried to beat their price for my current car by going direct to dealer only to find it was 25% more expensive purely based on the volume of cars that NVC shift.

It all comes down to personal choice. If you want a 2/3/4 year plan without considerable up front investment and with a walk away option at the end, then personal leasing could be your option. It's not for everyone though.

There are some astonishing deals out there ranging from city cars for less than £100 per month to Audi A6 saloon, 2.0Tdi S-Line Black Edition S-Tronic for £350.

Maintenance options can be included but I've avoided them so far. Road tax and MOT is included in price but you sort your own insurance. Normal vehicle warranty applies.

What are the drawbacks of doing this?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Cars on personal Lease on 17:25 - May 25 with 7192 viewsCountyJim

Your paying a monthly sum and at end of contract you hand car back with HP the cars yours
Cars on personal Lease on 18:16 - May 25 with 7136 viewsCooperman

Cars on personal Lease on 16:46 - May 25 by Jackfath

What are the drawbacks of doing this?

It really depends on your long term plan. I wish to have a shiny new car every 3 to 4 years but without 1) shelling out large sums of money for it up front, 2) taking out a loan, 3) getting caught up in ballon payments. I also do a reasonably high mileage per year so it suits me quite well in that I'm not stuck with a car that's done 100k or more.

On the contrary some people want to own their car either mid term or long term, are happy to take loans etc, or run vehicles for longer than 4 years.

The drawbacks with the way I do it are that you generally cannot buy your vehicle at the end of the lease (I wanted to buy my last car as a second car but couldn't, whereas I could with the vehicle before it), and you have to meet a certain wear and tear guide and failure to do so means you pay a penalty upon return unless your correct the damage yourself. I've got to spend circa £250 getting two alloys repaired between now and January.

Cars on personal Lease on 18:37 - May 25 with 7104 viewsJackfath

Cars on personal Lease on 18:16 - May 25 by Cooperman

It really depends on your long term plan. I wish to have a shiny new car every 3 to 4 years but without 1) shelling out large sums of money for it up front, 2) taking out a loan, 3) getting caught up in ballon payments. I also do a reasonably high mileage per year so it suits me quite well in that I'm not stuck with a car that's done 100k or more.

On the contrary some people want to own their car either mid term or long term, are happy to take loans etc, or run vehicles for longer than 4 years.

The drawbacks with the way I do it are that you generally cannot buy your vehicle at the end of the lease (I wanted to buy my last car as a second car but couldn't, whereas I could with the vehicle before it), and you have to meet a certain wear and tear guide and failure to do so means you pay a penalty upon return unless your correct the damage yourself. I've got to spend circa £250 getting two alloys repaired between now and January.

I don't do more than say 10k miles a year. It seems like it could be a good idea for me to do this. After sensing that not having a DAB radio in my current motor vehicle means I am behind the times. Perhaps I need to research this concept further.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Cars on personal Lease on 18:55 - May 25 with 7067 viewsCooperman

Cars on personal Lease on 18:37 - May 25 by Jackfath

I don't do more than say 10k miles a year. It seems like it could be a good idea for me to do this. After sensing that not having a DAB radio in my current motor vehicle means I am behind the times. Perhaps I need to research this concept further.

Start by giving NVC site a look then, it's very well laid out. Use the various options to search make & model against contract length, but be mindful to change the business lease tab to personal lease (unless you've got a way of avoiding the VAT).

Cars on personal Lease on 18:57 - May 25 with 7063 viewsdickythorpe

You've had some valuable advice on here Jackfath/op. Happy motoring.

You could look at Dacia cars, some great deals for a very good car.
Login to get fewer ads

Cars on personal Lease on 19:01 - May 25 with 7054 viewsCooperman

Cars on personal Lease on 18:57 - May 25 by dickythorpe

You've had some valuable advice on here Jackfath/op. Happy motoring.

You could look at Dacia cars, some great deals for a very good car.

Indeed. I have been to their assembly plant in Pitesti Romania several times. Renault have invested hundreds of millions of Euro's in technology and quality control in the place.

Cars on personal Lease on 20:01 - May 25 with 6969 viewsnantywatcher

Before I retired I bought and sold something like 30,000 cars, never considered leasing before - but I am over the moon with my new seat Leon. BIG reccomendation is to go to Lings Leasing - she's as mad as a box of frogs but has a fantastic range and is very competitive. I actually got my deal by using her prices as a negotiation tool to get the best deal. Car delivered to my house - no tax, maintenance or MOT's to worry about
Cars on personal Lease on 20:04 - May 25 with 6962 viewsSwaneeRiver

Cars on personal Lease on 20:01 - May 25 by nantywatcher

Before I retired I bought and sold something like 30,000 cars, never considered leasing before - but I am over the moon with my new seat Leon. BIG reccomendation is to go to Lings Leasing - she's as mad as a box of frogs but has a fantastic range and is very competitive. I actually got my deal by using her prices as a negotiation tool to get the best deal. Car delivered to my house - no tax, maintenance or MOT's to worry about

Can you get a new Leon for Swans ?
Cars on personal Lease on 20:08 - May 25 with 6950 viewsnantywatcher

Cars on personal Lease on 20:04 - May 25 by SwaneeRiver

Can you get a new Leon for Swans ?

The old one's good enough for another year!
Cars on personal Lease on 09:51 - May 26 with 6752 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Thanks for all the feedback so far guys.

Cars on personal Lease on 09:52 - May 26 with 6743 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Cars on personal Lease on 15:19 - May 25 by latchford

I`ve got one from VIP leasing in Cardiff. Excellent service and very good price. Give them a try

Cheers for the recommendation - I've had a look on their site briefly, looks good from what I can see. One car I've seen on there is quite a bit cheaper on another site, so I'm going to use the price match option to see if they can match it.

Cars on personal Lease on 09:53 - May 26 with 6739 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Cheers for the info. Where is she based? Is she online?

Cars on personal Lease on 10:09 - May 26 with 6727 viewsnantywatcher

Cars on personal Lease on 09:53 - May 26 by AustinIsOurHero

Cheers for the info. Where is she based? Is she online?

Yes online. Very entertaining and informative website.
Cars on personal Lease on 10:32 - May 26 with 6704 viewsjackmorsel

I've used "Yes Lease" for the last two leases, they have been the cheapest by miles. Run by some very charming ladies who are very knowledgeable and helpful.

But shop around, it seems to me that some brokers have better deals with the manufacturers and dealers than others.

Also getting the paperwork done is a breeze.

http://www.yes-lease.co.uk
Cars on personal Lease on 10:55 - May 26 with 6679 viewsLeonisGod

Chuckle. Worth checking the web site even for those not looking for cars http://www.lingscars.com/. Best with sound on
Cars on personal Lease on 12:07 - May 26 with 6649 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Cars on personal Lease on 10:55 - May 26 by LeonisGod

Chuckle. Worth checking the web site even for those not looking for cars http://www.lingscars.com/. Best with sound on

What the hell did I just see? lol.

Cars on personal Lease on 12:43 - May 26 with 6613 viewsCountyJim

Cars on personal Lease on 12:07 - May 26 by AustinIsOurHero

What the hell did I just see? lol.

feck me my eyes
Cars on personal Lease on 07:40 - May 27 with 6473 viewssquarebear

I can't decide if Ling is hot or not.

Edit: I mean the girl on the website. Just in case Ling is that bloke.
[Post edited 27 May 2016 7:44]
Cars on personal Lease on 09:10 - May 27 with 6424 viewsmonmouth

I've never considered a personal lease, so find this debate interesting. Looking at it, you basically pay the depreciation costs of a new car for 3 years and repeat? I guess that works well if you buy new and change every 3 years anyway by taking any hassle out of the process. Is that right? I can see the attraction.

It depends on your outlook I suppose. I've tended to be a buy demonstrators when the dealer is desperate to make quota and keep for 7-10 years type myself. Seems much cheaper to me. Even more so if you buy 2 year old hardly used, when the car is like new anyway which is what I did last time. Will have essentially been running a 75K new price car for the equivalent purchase cost of £400 a month including finance by the time I plan to get shot of it and it still looks and feels like new at 5 year old now. On that Ling thing the same model is £900 per month. I do expect a couple of sizeable repair bills at some stage so it may get more expensive I suppose.
[Post edited 27 May 2016 9:36]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Cars on personal Lease on 09:20 - May 27 with 6414 viewsnantywatcher

Leasing is more expensive - but the "peace of mind" factor is worth a lot of money, in my opinion.
Cars on personal Lease on 09:23 - May 27 with 6412 viewsmonmouth

Cars on personal Lease on 09:20 - May 27 by nantywatcher

Leasing is more expensive - but the "peace of mind" factor is worth a lot of money, in my opinion.

Aye I was just thinking that. It's constantly under warranty if you go for three years. Also if yourcircumstances change you're not tied in. I am quite intrigued by the idea.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Cars on personal Lease on 09:30 - May 27 with 6401 viewsCooperman

Cars on personal Lease on 09:10 - May 27 by monmouth

I've never considered a personal lease, so find this debate interesting. Looking at it, you basically pay the depreciation costs of a new car for 3 years and repeat? I guess that works well if you buy new and change every 3 years anyway by taking any hassle out of the process. Is that right? I can see the attraction.

It depends on your outlook I suppose. I've tended to be a buy demonstrators when the dealer is desperate to make quota and keep for 7-10 years type myself. Seems much cheaper to me. Even more so if you buy 2 year old hardly used, when the car is like new anyway which is what I did last time. Will have essentially been running a 75K new price car for the equivalent purchase cost of £400 a month including finance by the time I plan to get shot of it and it still looks and feels like new at 5 year old now. On that Ling thing the same model is £900 per month. I do expect a couple of sizeable repair bills at some stage so it may get more expensive I suppose.
[Post edited 27 May 2016 9:36]

Your point about your motoring outlook is most relevant - what do you want and when.

Ref the depreciation comment, it's not always massive. Most lease providers are promoting 'hot deals'.

Take the Audi A6 I mentioned above, it's basically a 35 + 3 lease at £350 per month on a 12k mile p/a plan, which is £13,300 out of your pocket. List price for the car is up around £36k but it will be worth considerably less than £23k after 3 years and with near 40k on the clock. During my negotiation with the lease company I quizzed them on the maths and the response basically implied that they had struck a deal with Audi that involved the supply of over 2000 vehicles, hence the very competitive price.

Away from the hot deals however then yes, you are funding more of the depreciation.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024