Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Immigration 11:57 - May 26 with 9293 viewsdonkeylabour

Can someone explain something to me because it has puzzled me for a long time.

Net Immigration last year 330k

Within that Net increase from EU 180k

From outside the EU 188K

Why do we in perpetuum bang on about EU migration, where this IS an economic benefit to the Country as the immigrants tend to be younger, in work and more mobile.

Non EU migration we have issues in terms of assimilation, language problems, huge families in which the women tend not to work, much higher levels of unemployment.

The UKIP types are always banging on about immigrants and it doesn't take a genius to know what they mean *nudge nudge, wink wink* why all this obsessing about a EU migrants.

BTW Net Immigration is too high, unless we spend sh1t loads of infrastructure and demolish our green belt something has to give.

My father voted labour and his father voted labour and his father voted labour so I vote labour

Immigration on 12:08 - May 29 with 1224 viewsexiledclaseboy

Immigration on 05:53 - May 29 by AnotherJohn

Either way the divisions will run deep and the recriminations will be deeply damaging. Labour too is going to lose voters who cannot stomach seeing Corbyn lining up with Peter Sutherland, and Pixie Balls-Cooper wittering on about how ashamed she feels.

Ooh a Littlejohn reference. There goes your credibility.

Poll: Tory leader

Immigration on 12:15 - May 29 with 1212 viewsdonkeylabour

Immigration on 00:34 - May 29 by exiledclaseboy

The only thing that could save the referendum campaign from total f*ckwittery is banning every and all active politicians from taking part.

I want to vote remain. I really do. I'm instinctively pro Europe. But I'm also a democrat. The remain camp makes me want to vote leave. The leave camp makes me want to have nothing to do with the leave camp.

Help.

It's hardly rocket science you vote what you think is in the interest of the Country.

I really get bored with people talking about how bad the debate is, it's the never ending cliche of elections.

'It's all scare tactics... give me the facts.... we want the truth.... it's all a conspiracy'

blah blah blah

Ok facts: economy will shrink on leaving.

LIES DISGRACE OUTRAGE

I've watched much of the debates and beyond the tabloid flannel it's actually been quite good.

The reality is people don't like the facts, for instance the Gov says there's been a 2m increase in employment.

Rubbish!! They're all zero hours, they don't exist, just people working for nothing!

When you do a bit of research 70-80% are f.t jobs.

My point is that nothing will satisfy the public, the public just love to moan - I honestly don't know what people expect at times. If you read a red top of course you're going to get scare stories, it's what they do.

Referendums have been proven to be a disaster.
[Post edited 29 May 2016 12:16]

My father voted labour and his father voted labour and his father voted labour so I vote labour

Immigration on 12:18 - May 29 with 1208 viewsdonkeylabour

It reminds me a QT audience, always the same:

'I work for the NHS' - Drink

'I'm a junior Doctor' - Drink

'Give us the facts' i.e. what I agree with - Drink

'Tory cuts' boo hiss - Drink

'I'm a son of an immigrant' - Drink

'We wouldn't have an NHS without immigrants' - Drink

The media set the tone, they always have.

Immigration on 12:18 - May 29 with 1207 viewsexiledclaseboy

Immigration on 12:15 - May 29 by donkeylabour

It's hardly rocket science you vote what you think is in the interest of the Country.

I really get bored with people talking about how bad the debate is, it's the never ending cliche of elections.

'It's all scare tactics... give me the facts.... we want the truth.... it's all a conspiracy'

blah blah blah

LIES DISGRACE OUTRAGE

I've watched much of the debates and beyond the tabloid flannel it's actually been quite good.

The reality is people don't like the facts, for instance the Gov says there's been a 2m increase in employment.

Rubbish!! They're all zero hours, they don't exist, just people working for nothing!

My point is that nothing will satisfy the public, the public just love to moan - I honestly don't know what people expect at times. If you read a red top of course you're going to get scare stories, it's what they do.

I'm sorry old son but you must be the only person in the entire country that thinks this campaign has been constructive and edifying.

Immigration on 19:16 - May 29 with 1166 viewsdonkeylabour

Immigration on 12:18 - May 29 by exiledclaseboy

I'm sorry old son but you must be the only person in the entire country that thinks this campaign has been constructive and edifying.

Has there ever been a debate that has been constructive and edifying?

The reason you get scare stories is because it works, the reason Cameron had to form a coalition with Clegg was because he did a wet, 'positive' campaign about the big society. In the last election it was ruthless and they got a majority.

The public overall don't do nuance. You will find a lot of excellent debates they just don't make the headlines.

Immigration on 19:28 - May 29 with 1160 viewsAnotherJohn

Immigration on 12:08 - May 29 by exiledclaseboy

Ooh a Littlejohn reference. There goes your credibility.

Was that the 'Pixie' bit? I didn't know it originated from Mr Littlejohn, and have seen it in many places. Obviously some do read the Mail - presumably including those who know who coined the term.
Immigration on 19:43 - May 29 with 1152 viewsexiledclaseboy

Immigration on 19:28 - May 29 by AnotherJohn

Was that the 'Pixie' bit? I didn't know it originated from Mr Littlejohn, and have seen it in many places. Obviously some do read the Mail - presumably including those who know who coined the term.

Nice try, AJ. I'm not buying it though. I had no clue who you were referring to so Googled it. I do read his column sometimes mind. He's very amusing and I like to imagine his salivating acolytes hanging off his every bile filled word.
[Post edited 29 May 2016 19:45]

Immigration on 20:00 - May 29 with 1138 viewsAnotherJohn

Well if you googled it (as I've just done) you'll see that Norman Matthews in the Telegraph was calling said lady the 'ice pixie' as far back as 2010 (predating the Littlejohn articles that also come up). I hope you are more thorough when you prepare CS briefs! A lot of readers in the comment columns use the 'pixie' term.
[Post edited 29 May 2016 20:04]
Login to get fewer ads

Immigration on 20:02 - May 29 with 1135 viewsexiledclaseboy

Immigration on 20:00 - May 29 by AnotherJohn

Well if you googled it (as I've just done) you'll see that Norman Matthews in the Telegraph was calling said lady the 'ice pixie' as far back as 2010 (predating the Littlejohn articles that also come up). I hope you are more thorough when you prepare CS briefs! A lot of readers in the comment columns use the 'pixie' term.
[Post edited 29 May 2016 20:04]

You didn't use the term "ice pixie" though, did you? So that's irrelevant.

Anyway, it matters not in the general scheme of things. It was an amusing sideshow for me though.

Immigration on 20:12 - May 29 with 1128 viewsAnotherJohn

I am not going to be-labour this discussion, but it seems highly likely that Matthew Norman's phrase is where 'Pixie' came from. The only link between what I wrote and Littlejohn's columns is that it gives you an opening for deflection and jibes about RL acolytes - of which I am most certainly not one. If Ms Balls-Cooper's febrile outpourings float your boat then so be it.
[Post edited 29 May 2016 20:47]
Immigration on 20:16 - May 29 with 1118 viewsexiledclaseboy

Immigration on 20:12 - May 29 by AnotherJohn

I am not going to be-labour this discussion, but it seems highly likely that Matthew Norman's phrase is where 'Pixie' came from. The only link between what I wrote and Littlejohn's columns is that it gives you an opening for deflection and jibes about RL acolytes - of which I am most certainly not one. If Ms Balls-Cooper's febrile outpourings float your boat then so be it.
[Post edited 29 May 2016 20:47]

Defensive about this aren't you? The link between your post and Littlejohn is that he coined and uses the EXACT same phrase that you used. You like Litllejohn. So what? Embrace it. We're all different. ONLY Littlejohn coined the phrase "Pixie Balls Cooper".

Incidentally, her name is not Balls-Cooper
[Post edited 29 May 2016 20:18]

Immigration on 20:45 - May 29 with 1098 viewsAnotherJohn

The term even appears in @Mirrorpolitics twitter threads!

Believe it or not I am not the first after RL to use it.

I can drive a Volkswagen without liking Hitler.
[Post edited 29 May 2016 20:49]
Immigration on 20:46 - May 29 with 1095 viewsexiledclaseboy

Immigration on 20:45 - May 29 by AnotherJohn

The term even appears in @Mirrorpolitics twitter threads!

Believe it or not I am not the first after RL to use it.

I can drive a Volkswagen without liking Hitler.
[Post edited 29 May 2016 20:49]

Ha. Fair play. Godwin invocation is a sure sign of desperation.

Immigration on 19:04 - Jun 3 with 988 viewsdonkeylabour

Argh Yvette Cooper, her whole campaign is based around the fact she doesn't have testicles.

Labour's lack of talent is breath taking really, the tories have about 6 potential candidates for leader I can't think of any in labour oh sorry Dan Jarvis - basically he served in the army and

Immigration on 19:09 - Jun 3 with 984 viewsdonkeylabour

Immigration on 05:53 - May 29 by AnotherJohn

Either way the divisions will run deep and the recriminations will be deeply damaging. Labour too is going to lose voters who cannot stomach seeing Corbyn lining up with Peter Sutherland, and Pixie Balls-Cooper wittering on about how ashamed she feels.

I read an interesting comment in the 'I' the other day. It suggested the tories might split in the next few years and there's already discussions in place.

Labour should do the same, it would be great for democracy. People can vote for the bearded old student and the more sensible ones on the left can vote for someone else. The same with the tories, one part can vote for the UKIP style tories and the sensible ones can vote for the wet one nation variety.

Immigration on 22:05 - Jun 12 with 907 viewsexiledclaseboy

Immigration on 12:15 - May 29 by donkeylabour

blah blah blah

LIES DISGRACE OUTRAGE

A disaster, donkey boy?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024