Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City win court battle with FC Utrecht over Michel Vorm 15:09 - May 28 with 3249 viewsforkbeard

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-win-court

Swansea City win court battle with FC Utrecht over Michel Vorm on 15:24 - May 28 with 3194 viewsDarran

Warwick,Brynmill and others will be gutted.
Thick tw*ts.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swansea City win court battle with FC Utrecht over Michel Vorm on 15:41 - May 28 with 3135 viewsveng9

But I thought we were dirty scum who'd never be able to sign a player again.
Swansea City win court battle with FC Utrecht over Michel Vorm on 15:59 - May 28 with 3074 viewsdobjack2

Not have to pay any money - good

However from that article the court of arbitration did not believe us that it was a free transfer but believed it was part of a player exchange - not so good

What was the sell on clause then? 30% of any fee or 30% of any profit?

For there to be no money owing it has to be the latter with the court valuing vorm as the same or less than we initially paid.

If the court didn't believe us then it doesn't do our reputation any good.
Swansea City win court battle with FC Utrecht over Michel Vorm on 16:04 - May 28 with 3054 viewsDarran

Swansea City win court battle with FC Utrecht over Michel Vorm on 15:59 - May 28 by dobjack2

Not have to pay any money - good

However from that article the court of arbitration did not believe us that it was a free transfer but believed it was part of a player exchange - not so good

What was the sell on clause then? 30% of any fee or 30% of any profit?

For there to be no money owing it has to be the latter with the court valuing vorm as the same or less than we initially paid.

If the court didn't believe us then it doesn't do our reputation any good.

lol

FIFA initially ruled that Swansea had acted correctly, leaving Utrecht to take the case to the Court of Arbritation for Sport.

That court, according to van Shaik, have disagreed with FIFA's ruling and judged that this was a player exchange deal.

However, they have ruled that no money is owed, determining that there was nothing untoward about the value of the deal.

Swansea City win court battle with FC Utrecht over Michel Vorm on 17:48 - May 28 with 2876 viewsdobjack2

Swansea City win court battle with FC Utrecht over Michel Vorm on 16:04 - May 28 by Darran

lol

FIFA initially ruled that Swansea had acted correctly, leaving Utrecht to take the case to the Court of Arbritation for Sport.

That court, according to van Shaik, have disagreed with FIFA's ruling and judged that this was a player exchange deal.

However, they have ruled that no money is owed, determining that there was nothing untoward about the value of the deal.

sorry don't understand your comment.

Nothing untoward about the value of the deal is what we agree on.

The issue reading the article you linked to is that we appear to have said that it was a free transfer whilst the court ruled it was a player exchange. I.e they didn't believe us. That is not good from a reputation all point of view
Swansea City win court battle with FC Utrecht over Michel Vorm on 17:50 - May 28 with 2870 viewsDarran

Swansea City win court battle with FC Utrecht over Michel Vorm on 17:48 - May 28 by dobjack2

sorry don't understand your comment.

Nothing untoward about the value of the deal is what we agree on.

The issue reading the article you linked to is that we appear to have said that it was a free transfer whilst the court ruled it was a player exchange. I.e they didn't believe us. That is not good from a reputation all point of view

We're not guilty I don't care.

Swansea City win court battle with FC Utrecht over Michel Vorm on 19:11 - May 28 with 2714 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City win court battle with FC Utrecht over Michel Vorm on 15:24 - May 28 by Darran

Thick tw*ts.

Gutted beyond belief .
(If you believe that of course)

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City win court battle with FC Utrecht over Michel Vorm on 19:20 - May 28 with 2695 viewsdobjack2

Swansea City win court battle with FC Utrecht over Michel Vorm on 17:50 - May 28 by Darran

We're not guilty I don't care.

If the article is correct the reason we are not guilty is that the value of Vorm in the player exchange did not result in the sell on clause being activated rather than him being a free transfer.

A subtle difference.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City win court battle with FC Utrecht over Michel Vorm on 19:34 - May 28 with 2667 viewsraynor94

Swansea City win court battle with FC Utrecht over Michel Vorm on 19:20 - May 28 by dobjack2

If the article is correct the reason we are not guilty is that the value of Vorm in the player exchange did not result in the sell on clause being activated rather than him being a free transfer.

A subtle difference.

Oh, stop digging, no case to answer

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea City win court battle with FC Utrecht over Michel Vorm on 19:36 - May 28 with 2662 viewsDarran

Swansea City win court battle with FC Utrecht over Michel Vorm on 19:34 - May 28 by raynor94

Innit we are the innocent ones in this Rayns.

Swansea City win court battle with FC Utrecht over Michel Vorm on 20:02 - May 28 with 2636 viewsmonmouth

Swansea City win court battle with FC Utrecht over Michel Vorm on 19:20 - May 28 by dobjack2

A subtle difference.

A subtle difference that makes no difference. Utrecht's claims had no merit.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swansea City win court battle with FC Utrecht over Michel Vorm on 20:14 - May 28 with 2607 viewsraynor94

Swansea City win court battle with FC Utrecht over Michel Vorm on 19:36 - May 28 by Darran

Innit we are the innocent ones in this Rayns.

Never ceases to amaze me how quick some of our own fans on here can't wait to put the boot in their own club!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea City win court battle with FC Utrecht over Michel Vorm on 20:18 - May 28 with 2593 viewsDarran

Swansea City win court battle with FC Utrecht over Michel Vorm on 20:14 - May 28 by raynor94

Never ceases to amaze me how quick some of our own fans on here can't wait to put the boot in their own club!

Couldn't agree more Rayns some will be gutted we ain't guilty,fined £10million and banned from making transfers for the next five seasons.

Swansea City win court battle with FC Utrecht over Michel Vorm on 21:04 - May 28 with 2508 viewsGTCJack

Swansea City in proven to be acting appropriately shocker.

Must be the first thing we've got right in at least ten years.
Swansea City win court battle with FC Utrecht over Michel Vorm on 23:43 - May 28 with 2375 viewsWarwickHunt

Swansea City win court battle with FC Utrecht over Michel Vorm on 15:24 - May 28 by Darran

Thick tw*ts.

Here's a Kleenex - wipe the sh1t off your nose.
Swansea City win court battle with FC Utrecht over Michel Vorm on 08:57 - May 29 with 2204 viewsItchySphincter

Thick tw*ts.

Hope this'll shut up the tw@ts that are quick to believe the worst and use it as a stick to beat the club with.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Swansea City win court battle with FC Utrecht over Michel Vorm on 10:03 - May 29 with 2133 viewsdobjack2

Swansea City win court battle with FC Utrecht over Michel Vorm on 19:34 - May 28 by raynor94

Not a case of digging just reading the article. I am very pleased that we have won the case and do not have to pay more are not facing sanctions etc. Etc. Where I am uneasy is that the article states that the court of arbitration did not believe us in relation to the mechanics of the transfer. Player exchange and not as we stated a free.

The fact that the decision took so long would also suggest that it was not a cut and dried decision.

I hope that whatever has actually gone on, something that we won't know as all we will know is what has been reported, that we learn from it and move on.

Some posters may disagree with my view and concerns - fair enough. I think that we will have to agree to disagree on this one.
Swansea City win court battle with FC Utrecht over Michel Vorm on 10:10 - May 29 with 2118 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City win court battle with FC Utrecht over Michel Vorm on 23:43 - May 28 by WarwickHunt

On the mark as usual sir. You tell the f*cktard

Swansea City win court battle with FC Utrecht over Michel Vorm on 10:11 - May 29 with 2110 viewsDarran

Swansea City win court battle with FC Utrecht over Michel Vorm on 08:57 - May 29 by ItchySphincter

Hope this'll shut up the tw@ts that are quick to believe the worst and use it as a stick to beat the club with.

Some people seem to hate everything about the club Johnny and I find that very strange.

Swansea City win court battle with FC Utrecht over Michel Vorm on 10:16 - May 29 with 2099 viewsDarran

Swansea City win court battle with FC Utrecht over Michel Vorm on 23:43 - May 28 by WarwickHunt

It must be demoralising being wrong so often Philip.

Swansea City win court battle with FC Utrecht over Michel Vorm on 10:21 - May 29 with 2089 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City win court battle with FC Utrecht over Michel Vorm on 08:57 - May 29 by ItchySphincter

Well the same people went into negotiations to sell the club behind the trust's backs. Or doesn't that count?

Swansea City win court battle with FC Utrecht over Michel Vorm on 10:47 - May 29 with 2047 viewsDafyddHuw

Just in the interest of doing further business with Utrecht, I think we should have offered them , say £500K, to keep them sweet. Woulda meant nothing to club. If we can afford to keep wasters like Bartley at the club we could certainly afford that.

They'll never sell anyone to us ever again.
Swansea City win court battle with FC Utrecht over Michel Vorm on 12:22 - May 29 with 1980 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City win court battle with FC Utrecht over Michel Vorm on 10:47 - May 29 by DafyddHuw

Just in the interest of doing further business with Utrecht, I think we should have offered them , say £500K, to keep them sweet. Woulda meant nothing to club. If we can afford to keep wasters like Bartley at the club we could certainly afford that.

Offering a payment would have been seen as an admission of guilt when we have done nothing wrong. It could also give the impression that we are a soft touch.

The main point here is being missed. Vorm wanted away when Fab came in and the club gave him his wish. No rules were broken. End of.
Swansea City win court battle with FC Utrecht over Michel Vorm on 13:12 - May 29 with 1944 viewsItchySphincter

Swansea City win court battle with FC Utrecht over Michel Vorm on 10:21 - May 29 by Brynmill_Jack

Well the same people went into negotiations to sell the club behind the trust's backs. Or doesn't that count?

Different subject Brynny!

Swansea City win court battle with FC Utrecht over Michel Vorm on 13:13 - May 29 with 1942 viewsItchySphincter

Swansea City win court battle with FC Utrecht over Michel Vorm on 10:47 - May 29 by DafyddHuw

Maybe we could give them Bartley as a gesture?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024