Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cholesterol 19:15 - May 28 with 1947 viewsmax936

Anyone on here who has been diagnosed with high cholesterol, I've just read this that was sent to my email what's your thoughts.

http://www.thecholesteroltruth.com

http://www.thecholesteroltruth.com/meet-the-editors/
[Post edited 28 May 2016 19:20]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Cholesterol on 09:23 - May 29 with 622 viewsItchySphincter

Cholesterol on 20:47 - May 28 by max936

Trouble is you're listening to your butty to much, I drink once a week generally and then its only maybe 8 to 10 pints, I'm on my 2nd bottle tonite and I may have one more at most, been out working most of the day, was gonna go out but decided to stay in and watch all the footie, I'm up at 7 again in morning and working till about 2 again I very much doubt I'll have a slurp tomoz, my work diary is filling up at a rate of knots so the weekends are filled along with at least 2 nights a week, so booze is the last thing on my mind.

You're right in some ways about food. Fat is fine providing you are fuelling off it. If you are taking on loads of refined carbs then you're body has to work on that first leaving you with the fat. It's quite simple but in life it's hard to stick to and manage properly. Carbs, the right kind and fat, the right kind are good.

The problem with all this low fat food is that it tastes like sh!t so they fill it up with salt and sugar to make it more bearable but it will sure as hell kill you before the full fat stuff does.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Cholesterol on 09:50 - May 29 with 615 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Cholesterol on 09:23 - May 29 by ItchySphincter

You're right in some ways about food. Fat is fine providing you are fuelling off it. If you are taking on loads of refined carbs then you're body has to work on that first leaving you with the fat. It's quite simple but in life it's hard to stick to and manage properly. Carbs, the right kind and fat, the right kind are good.

The problem with all this low fat food is that it tastes like sh!t so they fill it up with salt and sugar to make it more bearable but it will sure as hell kill you before the full fat stuff does.

What are the most efficient carbs then? I'm guessing it's not rice, chips and a plain naan in the same sitting lol

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Cholesterol on 09:58 - May 29 with 605 viewsItchySphincter

Cholesterol on 09:50 - May 29 by Brynmill_Jack

What are the most efficient carbs then? I'm guessing it's not rice, chips and a plain naan in the same sitting lol

There's carbs in things like broccoli. Trouble is carbs is thrown about like a dirty word but really it's refined carbs like bread and pasta that we struggle to cope with but they might be fine if you're planning on eating it and doing an Iron Man the next day. Most of us just eat too much, that's my problem anyway - too much of the wrong thing at bad times.

Cholesterol on 10:26 - May 29 with 588 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Cholesterol on 09:58 - May 29 by ItchySphincter

There's carbs in things like broccoli. Trouble is carbs is thrown about like a dirty word but really it's refined carbs like bread and pasta that we struggle to cope with but they might be fine if you're planning on eating it and doing an Iron Man the next day. Most of us just eat too much, that's my problem anyway - too much of the wrong thing at bad times.

Roast potatoes

Cholesterol on 11:00 - May 29 with 570 viewsDafyddHuw

I used to take statins for my high cholesterol, but now my acupuncturist has sorted me out.

And no side effects (except to my bank balance).
Cholesterol on 13:06 - May 29 with 542 viewsItchySphincter

Cholesterol on 10:26 - May 29 by Brynmill_Jack

Roast potatoes

I'm sure roasties at the right time in reasonable quantities are fine.

Cholesterol on 13:07 - May 29 with 540 viewsItchySphincter

Cholesterol on 11:00 - May 29 by DafyddHuw

I used to take statins for my high cholesterol, but now my acupuncturist has sorted me out.

And no side effects (except to my bank balance).

Did acupuncture reduce your cholesterol or just stop you eating?

Cholesterol on 15:34 - May 29 with 519 viewsmonmouth

Cholesterol on 09:58 - May 29 by ItchySphincter

Aye, portion sizes and processed food, and this stupid obsession with 'low fat'....which usually means overdone carbs.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Cholesterol on 16:24 - May 29 with 497 viewsDafyddHuw

Cholesterol on 13:07 - May 29 by ItchySphincter

Did acupuncture reduce your cholesterol or just stop you eating?

I go every 4 weeks.
She's a qualified doctor, twice, in both eastern and westen medicine.
She's sorted me out often when the NHS have failed me. Once, the NHS could only offer me an operation - she cured me in 6 1-week sessions. I have total faith in her.

Try giving something a go first before mocking it. At least then you won't be coming from a position of ignorance.
Cholesterol on 17:03 - May 29 with 485 viewsmonmouth

Cholesterol on 16:24 - May 29 by DafyddHuw

I go every 4 weeks.
She's sorted me out often when the NHS have failed me. Once, the NHS could only offer me an operation - she cured me in 6 1-week sessions. I have total faith in her.

Try giving something a go first before mocking it. At least then you won't be coming from a position of ignorance.

My wife went to a chinese acupuncturist in Edinburgh in desperation for sciatica after trying all sorts with no relief. Two one hour sessions - pain free for 18 years.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Cholesterol on 17:10 - May 29 with 482 viewsGowerjack

I go every 4 weeks.

Not sure Itchy was taking the p iss to be honest.

I thought it a genuine question and out of interest how does it work as I take the dreaded statins myself.

Thanks!

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Cholesterol on 10:08 - May 30 with 424 viewsItchySphincter

I go every 4 weeks.

It was a genuine question. I've had acupuncture for pain relief and I'm aware that it works for that whilst not actually treating the cause.

So, I wasn't taking the p!ss, genuine question - what did she treat?

Cholesterol on 18:06 - May 30 with 359 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Cholesterol on 10:08 - May 30 by ItchySphincter

It was a genuine question. I've had acupuncture for pain relief and I'm aware that it works for that whilst not actually treating the cause.

So, I wasn't taking the p!ss, genuine question - what did she treat?

Pins and needles

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024