Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bale 22:40 - May 28 with 6165 viewsbuilthjack

The third Welshman to win 2 champions league ( or European cup) winners medals, after Giggs and the great Joey.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Bale on 00:20 - May 30 with 1367 viewsMorganator100

Bale on 23:11 - May 29 by builthjack

You are right here. Not sure how Joey got Tha second winners medal.

He was on the subs bench.
Bale on 00:25 - May 30 with 1359 viewsAquinas

Bale on 22:05 - May 29 by Highjack

What about the Barcelona lads like Xavi and Iniesta etc they can't be far off Giggs 34 trophies, and they've won World Cups and Euro's too.

Messi is the most decorated player.

Most of the focus on this thread is club honours. If you include individual honours like Golden Boot. Ballon D'Or etc then Messi takes it by a mile.

Did Giggs achieve any individual honours or was he just a good player in a good team?

Bale is the most expensive player of all time.
He almost single-handedly got us to our first major tournament in decades.
He is the most successful British player to play for a major foreign team.
He will be the first Welsh player to get over 100 caps.
He will be Wales' all time top scorer (only 10 goals away and he is 26 years old)
He is probably the most well-known Welsh person ever (26 million people follow him on facebook).
Bale on 03:12 - May 30 with 1319 viewsWanderer

IF big "IF" Wales win the Euros due to Bale carrying them all the way single handed by banging in goals aplenty whilst being kicked to shit in the process, where would that rank him in world terms?

in that scenario he would be close to the top of the pile, even Pele had 10 other great footballers on the pitch with him to help him along.
Bale on 05:11 - May 30 with 1303 viewsStarsky

Bale on 03:12 - May 30 by Wanderer

IF big "IF" Wales win the Euros due to Bale carrying them all the way single handed by banging in goals aplenty whilst being kicked to shit in the process, where would that rank him in world terms?

in that scenario he would be close to the top of the pile, even Pele had 10 other great footballers on the pitch with him to help him along.

Wales have 3 top four Premier league players and at least another 2 potential top four Premier players in their team this summer.
So I would hardly call them a 1 man team.

Andy King
Ben Davies
Aaron Ramsey

Joe Allen
Ashley Williams

And Gareth Bale

If all fit, they could be a dark horse in this competition

It's just the internet, init.

Bale on 07:19 - May 30 with 1265 viewsbuilthjack

Bale on 05:11 - May 30 by Starsky

Wales have 3 top four Premier league players and at least another 2 potential top four Premier players in their team this summer.

Andy King
Ben Davies
Aaron Ramsey

Joe Allen
Ashley Williams

And Gareth Bale

A reasonably young side who are very experienced

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Bale on 07:26 - May 30 with 1264 viewsHighjack

Bale on 07:19 - May 30 by builthjack

A reasonably young side who are very experienced

Exactly. And to think of the vile abuse toshack got for dropping the likes of Robbie savage for a load of 17 year olds.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Bale on 09:51 - May 30 with 1191 viewsWhiterockin

Giggs was a brilliant player for United and at the time the best player Wales had. He should have set an example by turning up for every Wales game that he was selected. At the time we had a culture of players choosing when they wanted to play, Giggs was at the forefront. If we had a full squad for every game we may well have qualified for a major tournament before.

Bale is a brilliant player for club and country, (possibly in World the top half dozen, Giggs never was) turns up for every game selected and sets an example.

Bale by a country mile.
Bale on 10:26 - May 30 with 1166 viewsMattG

Bale on 07:26 - May 30 by Highjack

Exactly. And to think of the vile abuse toshack got for dropping the likes of Robbie savage for a load of 17 year olds.

You'll never win anything with kids.
Login to get fewer ads

Bale on 11:31 - May 30 with 1115 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bale on 05:11 - May 30 by Starsky

Andy King
Ben Davies
Aaron Ramsey

Joe Allen
Ashley Williams

And Gareth Bale

I agree, we are a good tight unit. With all England's experimentation I think Roy still doesn't know his best side. We could beat them, but the major obstacle will probably be in our players' heads

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Bale on 12:06 - May 30 with 1090 viewsStarsky

Bale on 11:31 - May 30 by Brynmill_Jack

I agree, we are a good tight unit. With all England's experimentation I think Roy still doesn't know his best side. We could beat them, but the major obstacle will probably be in our players' heads

I think all the pressure is on England...
Wales have little pressure and have Gareth Bale bouncing from his Euro medal a couple of days ago.
Team spirit will give them cool heads.

It's just the internet, init.

Bale on 14:13 - May 30 with 1024 viewsLoyal

Bale on 13:09 - May 29 by Jack_Kass

I'll be in Toulouse for the Russia game, maybe in Lens for the England game if Christmas has come early for you

More chance of seeing Lord Lucan propping the bar up than yourself.

Why have you set out to abuse me ?
Like one or two others you start the abuse then get all holier than tho' when you get it back.
I only had a differing opinion to you on Gareth Bale you w ank stain.

I'll see you in France if you like, if your mummy's nipples don't get too red.
Keyboard coward, here he is.
[Post edited 30 May 2016 14:14]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Bale on 15:18 - May 30 with 983 viewsJBT95

Bale on 00:25 - May 30 by Aquinas

Messi is the most decorated player.

Most of the focus on this thread is club honours. If you include individual honours like Golden Boot. Ballon D'Or etc then Messi takes it by a mile.

Did Giggs achieve any individual honours or was he just a good player in a good team?

Bale is the most expensive player of all time.
He almost single-handedly got us to our first major tournament in decades.
He is the most successful British player to play for a major foreign team.
He will be the first Welsh player to get over 100 caps.
He will be Wales' all time top scorer (only 10 goals away and he is 26 years old)
He is probably the most well-known Welsh person ever (26 million people follow him on facebook).

Chris Gunter should get more caps than Bale. Bale is 5 days older than Gunter. Gunter has 66 caps currently compared to Bale's 54.
Bale on 15:52 - May 30 with 953 viewsshandyjack

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3615037/The-decorated-active-p

based on their points system then Giggs would have 149 pts making him number 3 on the list

Premier League (13)91 PTS:
FA Cup (4)20pts:
Football League Cup (3)9pts
FA Community Shield (9)9pts:
UEFA Champions League (2)16 pts:
UEFA Super Cup (1)1pt:
FIFA Club World Cup (1)3 pt

Poll: Expectation for the season

Bale on 16:10 - May 30 with 936 viewsBLAZE

Bale on 15:18 - May 30 by JBT95

Chris Gunter should get more caps than Bale. Bale is 5 days older than Gunter. Gunter has 66 caps currently compared to Bale's 54.

Bale will be selected until the day he retires. Gunter, hopefully, will be replaced well before then. Bale will end up with more caps.
Bale on 16:11 - May 30 with 931 viewsshandyjack

and thats a sorry state of Welsh football when someone like Gunter has 6 caps let alone 66 and counting

Poll: Expectation for the season

Bale on 16:24 - May 30 with 908 viewsHighjack

Bale on 16:10 - May 30 by BLAZE

Bale will be selected until the day he retires. Gunter, hopefully, will be replaced well before then. Bale will end up with more caps.

Bale gets injured more though.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Bale on 16:41 - May 30 with 884 viewsjack247

Yeah I'd guess some of the Barca boys are more decorated than Giggs, if not they can't be far off. Having said that, there are probably league one cloggers with a couple of promotions and ldv trophies more decorated than Shearer and Gazza.

Giggs was an incredible player. I think Bale will eclipse him though.
Bale on 17:56 - May 30 with 834 viewsAquinas

Bale will play into his 30s, it is only a matter of time before Wales produces an average right back who will displace Gunter (not Jazz).
Bale on 18:53 - May 31 with 662 viewsJack_Kass

Bale on 14:13 - May 30 by Loyal

Why have you set out to abuse me ?
Like one or two others you start the abuse then get all holier than tho' when you get it back.
I only had a differing opinion to you on Gareth Bale you w ank stain.

I'll see you in France if you like, if your mummy's nipples don't get too red.
Keyboard coward, here he is.
[Post edited 30 May 2016 14:14]

I didn't start the abuse and it was nothing to do with my opinion on Gareth Bale, you absolute basket. You start so many saloon brawls on here like the cowboy you think you are, you can't even remember the reasons why, FFS

2/10.
[Post edited 31 May 2016 18:54]

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Bale on 23:46 - May 31 with 613 viewsbuilthjack

Bale on 17:56 - May 30 by Aquinas

Bale will play into his 30s, it is only a matter of time before Wales produces an average right back who will displace Gunter (not Jazz).

The way it's going, Gunter will get 80-90 caps. Amazing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024