Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bony move getting closer? 00:26 - May 29 with 18409 viewsStarsky

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-ready-write-16milli

It's just the internet, init.

Bony move getting closer? on 14:34 - May 29 with 1893 viewsBanosswan

Bony move getting closer? on 14:27 - May 29 by Murph75

It's the name of the league we're currently in.

Let's hope we get to the FA cup finale next year then.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Bony move getting closer? on 14:38 - May 29 with 1877 viewssnork44

Bony move getting closer? on 14:27 - May 29 by Murph75

It's the name of the league we're currently in.

Murph it is the Premier League, a premiere is the first showing of a play or a movie. Please get the context right and stop making yourself look a fool!

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Bony move getting closer? on 14:42 - May 29 with 1848 viewsMurph75

Bony move getting closer? on 14:38 - May 29 by snork44

Murph it is the Premier League, a premiere is the first showing of a play or a movie. Please get the context right and stop making yourself look a fool!

Thanks for pointing that out. Hardly makes me look like a fool.
Bony move getting closer? on 14:45 - May 29 with 1833 viewsgiantstoneater

Bony move getting closer? on 11:57 - May 29 by Murph75

He is a muppet the way the whole take over saga was/is being handled.

The mess we found ourselves in last season was partly down to him and the board. Instead of building on a hugely successful previous season with some good signings they went shopping in the bargain basement again. How can you not replace a £28 million striker still baffles me to this day.

Gomis was brought in as a long term replacement but he only seems to try when the window is open. We should have brought someone better than Eder that's for sure. I'm sure a lot of us would love the return of Wilf, myself included, but does FG see him fit into the system that he wants to implement the final word should rest with our manager.
Bony move getting closer? on 14:47 - May 29 with 1826 viewsshandyjack

Bony move getting closer? on 14:42 - May 29 by Murph75

no, everything else you said has

Poll: Expectation for the season

Bony move getting closer? on 14:48 - May 29 with 1821 viewssnork44

Your welcome, just trying to show some friendly advice. When calling someone thick it is best not to commit a spelling faux pas when you are trying to get one over your rival.

Bony move getting closer? on 14:49 - May 29 with 1818 viewsMurph75

Bony move getting closer? on 14:47 - May 29 by shandyjack

no, everything else you said has

Every time you fart does part of your brain pop out?
Bony move getting closer? on 14:50 - May 29 with 1815 viewsshandyjack

Bony move getting closer? on 14:49 - May 29 by Murph75

Every time you fart does part of your brain pop out?

ohh did you learn that yesterday from your nursery friends

Login to get fewer ads

Bony move getting closer? on 14:51 - May 29 with 1814 viewsjack247

Bony move getting closer? on 14:45 - May 29 by giantstoneater

Gomis was brought in as a long term replacement but he only seems to try when the window is open. We should have brought someone better than Eder that's for sure. I'm sure a lot of us would love the return of Wilf, myself included, but does FG see him fit into the system that he wants to implement the final word should rest with our manager.

It will and the system he seems to like would have to be tweaked to accommodate Bony. He isn't nippy or mobile enough for it. I don't think it would have to change drastically to fit in a more static centre forward though, particularly with everything else he brings to the table.
Bony move getting closer? on 14:52 - May 29 with 1803 viewsMurph75

Bony move getting closer? on 14:48 - May 29 by snork44

Your welcome, just trying to show some friendly advice. When calling someone thick it is best not to commit a spelling faux pas when you are trying to get one over your rival.

I hardly think its a case of getting one over a "rival". I have no relationship with anyone on this forum. Its the internet where nothing is real.
Bony move getting closer? on 15:00 - May 29 with 1775 viewssnork44

Bony move getting closer? on 14:52 - May 29 by Murph75

I hardly think its a case of getting one over a "rival". I have no relationship with anyone on this forum. Its the internet where nothing is real.

But you are sparring with shandyjack and he is giving you the run around. If you are trying to outwit him then calling the premier league the premiere league is making you look stupid. Just saying!

Bony move getting closer? on 15:04 - May 29 with 1763 viewsMurph75

Bony move getting closer? on 15:00 - May 29 by snork44

But you are sparring with shandyjack and he is giving you the run around. If you are trying to outwit him then calling the premier league the premiere league is making you look stupid. Just saying!

Thanks for the advice. Its been nice conversing with you.
Bony move getting closer? on 15:04 - May 29 with 1763 viewsgiantstoneater

Bony move getting closer? on 14:51 - May 29 by jack247

It will and the system he seems to like would have to be tweaked to accommodate Bony. He isn't nippy or mobile enough for it. I don't think it would have to change drastically to fit in a more static centre forward though, particularly with everything else he brings to the table.

Agree there systems can be manipulated to suit the squad Wilf brings more to the table than goals, he can recapture his form, he helps out in defence and holds up the ball well although at times I'd have liked him to move the ball on faster and not enjoy the wrestle! If you picture the goal Man C scored late on up at the Etihad if Wilf would have been on the end of Taylor's ball perhaps we would have kept possession and got a deserved point but it was Gomis! And hey it's great when you get a reply to a post without getting called a thicko though I may well be one!
Bony move getting closer? on 15:27 - May 29 with 1690 viewssnork44

Bony move getting closer? on 15:04 - May 29 by giantstoneater

Agree there systems can be manipulated to suit the squad Wilf brings more to the table than goals, he can recapture his form, he helps out in defence and holds up the ball well although at times I'd have liked him to move the ball on faster and not enjoy the wrestle! If you picture the goal Man C scored late on up at the Etihad if Wilf would have been on the end of Taylor's ball perhaps we would have kept possession and got a deserved point but it was Gomis! And hey it's great when you get a reply to a post without getting called a thicko though I may well be one!

What you said was valid very well said. As for Murph he is having a mare and you got caught in the crossfire so to speak. When his brain cell wakes up he will have forgotten all about it!

Bony move getting closer? on 15:29 - May 29 with 1677 viewsMurph75

Bony move getting closer? on 15:27 - May 29 by snork44

What you said was valid very well said. As for Murph he is having a mare and you got caught in the crossfire so to speak. When his brain cell wakes up he will have forgotten all about it!

I have no idea what you're talking about????
Bony move getting closer? on 16:09 - May 29 with 1570 viewsDafyddHuw

Ah well. Yet another thread hijacked.

I thought we had mods that kept an eye on this sort of thing.
[Post edited 29 May 2016 16:10]
Bony move getting closer? on 16:38 - May 29 with 1502 viewsicecoldjack

Bony move getting closer? on 16:09 - May 29 by DafyddHuw

Ah well. Yet another thread hijacked.

I thought we had mods that kept an eye on this sort of thing.
[Post edited 29 May 2016 16:10]

Well said.

Back to the OP.

Bony, if open to a return, is a player that will get you goals and can also be that focal point we've been missing.
He does indeed bring other aspects to his game which will be useful for us.

The truth is that most of us knew the move to Man city was doomed to failure if only because wilf is the kind of player that needs game time to get his mojo going.
He was never going to be number 1 and was always going to be 2nd best .

I have no fear if he returned and played regular that he will continue where he left off at Swansea, he knows the club,we know his strengths and he knows he will play every week.

The move makes great sense to all parties, if we get the chance we need to make it happen IMO.

Bring back Joe Allen too please.
Bony move getting closer? on 16:46 - May 29 with 1470 viewsshandyjack

Bony move getting closer? on 16:38 - May 29 by icecoldjack

Well said.

Back to the OP.

Bony, if open to a return, is a player that will get you goals and can also be that focal point we've been missing.

The truth is that most of us knew the move to Man city was doomed to failure if only because wilf is the kind of player that needs game time to get his mojo going.

I have no fear if he returned and played regular that he will continue where he left off at Swansea, he knows the club,we know his strengths and he knows he will play every week.

The move makes great sense to all parties, if we get the chance we need to make it happen IMO.

Allen and Bony returning is surely a no brainier if we can afford it

Bony move getting closer? on 16:51 - May 29 with 1452 viewsStarsky

Bony move getting closer? on 16:38 - May 29 by icecoldjack

Well said.

Back to the OP.

Do you remember when Bony would gave his foot on the ball just stood there with the defender trying to get the ball off him in vain. Then Bony suddenly slips it to Siggy...

I want those days back.

And for all you naysayers who don't like re-signing former players... Thank god we re-signed Curtis when we did. He was made for us, as is Bony.

Bony move getting closer? on 16:57 - May 29 with 1437 viewsskippyjack

Bony move getting closer? on 16:51 - May 29 by Starsky

Do you remember when Bony would gave his foot on the ball just stood there with the defender trying to get the ball off him in vain. Then Bony suddenly slips it to Siggy...

I want those days back.

And for all you naysayers who don't like re-signing former players... Thank god we re-signed Curtis when we did. He was made for us, as is Bony.

Front 3 of..

Ayew..Bony..Siggy all have goals..

or

Ayew..Bony..Paloschi
...........Siggy..............
.......Ki........Cork..........
FB..Williams..CB..FB..

Bony the focal out ball.. Paloschi and Ayew feeding off scraps and pressing.. while giving Gylfi a free reign to cause mayhem..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Bony move getting closer? on 17:04 - May 29 with 1411 viewsGowerjack

Sorry Murph but I have to disagree....

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Bony move getting closer? on 17:04 - May 29 with 1410 viewsshandyjack

A team next year of

Fab
VDW Ash Amat Kings
Allen Cork

Ayew Sigg Jeff/Mo

Bony

Would be quality with a good bench too

Bony move getting closer? on 17:05 - May 29 with 1403 viewsStarsky

Bony move getting closer? on 17:04 - May 29 by shandyjack

A team next year of

Fab
VDW Ash Amat Kings
Allen Cork

Ayew Sigg Jeff/Mo

Bony

Would be quality with a good bench too

Can you imagine if we'd got Bony a few years earlier and paired him up with Bayo. Lmao

Bony move getting closer? on 17:09 - May 29 with 1382 viewsicecoldjack

Bony move getting closer? on 16:51 - May 29 by Starsky

I want those days back.

Yes and it worked extremely well for us, imagine what we could do with both Ayew and Siggy benefiting from that ?

Makes me laugh when people moan about re signing players, normally the same people who forget that Leon Britton was re signed by us and got better.

Allen left us with rough edges and will return a better player, as did Siggy and as will Bony..if they sign for us.

Nothing wrong with players moving on to clubs like Liverpool and Man city, if they wish to return later then why not? we all know they would have improved playing with better players and we all know what they can do in a swans shirt, its minimum risk for maximum return.

Ask Leon and Gylfi .
Bony move getting closer? on 17:12 - May 29 with 1361 viewsStarsky

Bony move getting closer? on 17:09 - May 29 by icecoldjack

Yes and it worked extremely well for us, imagine what we could do with both Ayew and Siggy benefiting from that ?

Makes me laugh when people moan about re signing players, normally the same people who forget that Leon Britton was re signed by us and got better.

Allen left us with rough edges and will return a better player, as did Siggy and as will Bony..if they sign for us.

Nothing wrong with players moving on to clubs like Liverpool and Man city, if they wish to return later then why not? we all know they would have improved playing with better players and we all know what they can do in a swans shirt, its minimum risk for maximum return.

Ask Leon and Gylfi .

Indeed and I really do believe that our club is a special case for this phenomenon.
Just look at how many players crash and burn when they leave us

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024