Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barnsley v Millwall 15:37 - May 29 with 2382 viewsdickythorpe

Looks a cracker already!! 2-1 after 33 mins
Barnsley v Millwall on 15:38 - May 29 with 1608 viewsshandyjack

Great game,pure entertainment,not like yesterday's snooze fest

Poll: Expectation for the season

Barnsley v Millwall on 15:40 - May 29 with 1604 viewsblueytheblue

Only turned over after GP ended. Not a bad game.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Barnsley v Millwall on 15:46 - May 29 with 1587 viewsMurph75

Barnsley v Millwall on 15:40 - May 29 by blueytheblue

Only turned over after GP ended. Not a bad game.

Where do you fancy going next year? Barnsley or Millwall?
Barnsley v Millwall on 15:53 - May 29 with 1563 viewsskippyjack

Barnsley v Millwall on 15:38 - May 29 by shandyjack

Great game,pure entertainment,not like yesterday's snooze fest

Ian Holloway yesterday.. 'being a footballer is tough'.. I switched the tv off.. complaining that he should be locked up in an institution for the mentally unstable..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Barnsley v Millwall on 15:57 - May 29 with 1545 viewsblueytheblue

Barnsley v Millwall on 15:46 - May 29 by Murph75

Well don't do away games but I think most people would prefer Barnsley.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Barnsley v Millwall on 15:59 - May 29 with 1539 viewsMurph75

Barnsley v Millwall on 15:57 - May 29 by blueytheblue

Well don't do away games but I think most people would prefer Barnsley.

Not many of you do home games either.
Barnsley v Millwall on 16:00 - May 29 with 1539 viewsshandyjack

Barnsley v Millwall on 15:53 - May 29 by skippyjack

Ian Holloway yesterday.. 'being a footballer is tough'.. I switched the tv off.. complaining that he should be locked up in an institution for the mentally unstable..

the only thing i'd say in his defence is that it must be tough to be so committed to a lifestyle of no fast food, drink late nights etc for 10 months a year and to be constantly under scurtiny and in the public eye, and the lower league players have additional stresses of earning new contracts as they don't have the financial safety of the top players.

But the money they do make is ridiculous and makes it hard to feel sorry for some that become multi millionaires by being good at a hobby for the likes of us

Barnsley v Millwall on 16:06 - May 29 with 1525 viewsskippyjack

Barnsley v Millwall on 16:00 - May 29 by shandyjack

the only thing i'd say in his defence is that it must be tough to be so committed to a lifestyle of no fast food, drink late nights etc for 10 months a year and to be constantly under scurtiny and in the public eye, and the lower league players have additional stresses of earning new contracts as they don't have the financial safety of the top players.

But the money they do make is ridiculous and makes it hard to feel sorry for some that become multi millionaires by being good at a hobby for the likes of us

Are you warped?.. players in the conference earn 70k a year for f*ck sake.. the average wage in the Conference is 35k a year.. League 2 50k a year.. League One 95k..

They turn up for 2 or 3 hours a day for 5 days.. and kick a ball for 90 minutes on a Saturday... such a 'hard graft'..
[Post edited 29 May 2016 16:07]

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

Login to get fewer ads

Barnsley v Millwall on 16:08 - May 29 with 1516 viewssP7qupUf

Barnsley v Millwall on 15:46 - May 29 by Murph75

We won't be going to either unless it's a cup game.
Barnsley v Millwall on 16:15 - May 29 with 1495 viewsshandyjack

Barnsley v Millwall on 16:06 - May 29 by skippyjack

Are you warped?.. players in the conference earn 70k a year for f*ck sake.. the average wage in the Conference is 35k a year.. League 2 50k a year.. League One 95k..

They turn up for 2 or 3 hours a day for 5 days.. and kick a ball for 90 minutes on a Saturday... such a 'hard graft'..

Average wage if you get renewed contracts, some who get left on the scrap heap have no q's and get lost outside of the game. I in no way feel sorry for them but it's not all rosy, although I'd love to have done it

Barnsley v Millwall on 16:28 - May 29 with 1461 viewsLandore_Jack

Can't believe Carlos Edwards is still playing football. 37 years old. I remember him playing for Wrexham against us in the old Division 2. I think it was 2000/2001 season.
[Post edited 29 May 2016 16:30]

#backtojack

Barnsley v Millwall on 16:28 - May 29 with 1461 viewsskippyjack

Barnsley v Millwall on 16:15 - May 29 by shandyjack

Average wage if you get renewed contracts, some who get left on the scrap heap have no q's and get lost outside of the game. I in no way feel sorry for them but it's not all rosy, although I'd love to have done it

Yep, Qualifications mean you'll get a job by the click of your fingers.. I can imagine the interview now..

What qualifications do you have?
A plumbing certificate..
What's your experience?
Kicking a football around..
Sorry son, our firm require some background experience..

Do you live in your own bubble shandy? how do you survive? or you're one of the zombies without a mind of your own?

Barnsley v Millwall on 16:30 - May 29 with 1451 viewsskippyjack

Barnsley v Millwall on 16:28 - May 29 by Landore_Jack

Can't believe Carlos Edwards is still playing football. 37 years old. I remember him playing for Wrexham against us in the old Division 2. I think it was 2000/2001 season.
[Post edited 29 May 2016 16:30]

He's got to earn a Living mun.. tough job earning 50k+ a year for 16 years for 16 hours a week service..

Barnsley v Millwall on 16:31 - May 29 with 1446 viewsshandyjack

Barnsley v Millwall on 16:28 - May 29 by skippyjack

Yep, Qualifications mean you'll get a job by the click of your fingers.. I can imagine the interview now..

What qualifications do you have?
A plumbing certificate..
What's your experience?
Kicking a football around..
Sorry son, our firm require some background experience..

Do you live in your own bubble shandy? how do you survive? or you're one of the zombies without a mind of your own?

What the hell are you on about?? That post makes no sense

Barnsley v Millwall on 16:36 - May 29 with 1421 viewsMurph75

Barnsley v Millwall on 16:30 - May 29 by skippyjack

He's got to earn a Living mun.. tough job earning 50k+ a year for 16 years for 16 hours a week service..

Word to the wise. I wouldn't bother getting drawn in to anything with this one.
Barnsley v Millwall on 16:37 - May 29 with 1420 viewsLandore_Jack

3-1. Game over?

#backtojack

Barnsley v Millwall on 16:38 - May 29 with 1412 viewsMurph75

Barnsley v Millwall on 16:37 - May 29 by Landore_Jack

3-1. Game over?

Looks that way. I just put a fiver on Millwall at 14/1 just before the 3rd went in :-(
Barnsley v Millwall on 16:48 - May 29 with 1394 viewsskippyjack

Barnsley v Millwall on 16:31 - May 29 by shandyjack

What the hell are you on about?? That post makes no sense

Elaborate on sense.

Barnsley v Millwall on 17:02 - May 29 with 1355 viewsshandyjack

Barnsley v Millwall on 16:48 - May 29 by skippyjack

Elaborate on sense.

I guess be up, I agree with you on 99% of the argument ffs

Barnsley v Millwall on 17:53 - May 29 with 1292 viewsMorganator100

Barnsley v Millwall on 16:06 - May 29 by skippyjack

my mate is a Financial Advisor and he did mortgages for some League 1 players 3 years ago. They weren't on that kind of money. It was much less.

Maybe they pay the couple of star players that money but not the majority of them.
Barnsley v Millwall on 19:20 - May 29 with 1184 viewsdailew

Barnsley were bottom in mid December.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Barnsley v Millwall on 20:13 - May 29 with 1132 viewsMorganator100

Looks as if Millwall fans have gone back to type again today.
Barnsley v Millwall on 21:33 - May 29 with 1052 viewsskippyjack

Barnsley v Millwall on 17:53 - May 29 by Morganator100

my mate is a Financial Advisor and he did mortgages for some League 1 players 3 years ago. They weren't on that kind of money. It was much less.

Maybe they pay the couple of star players that money but not the majority of them.

No sh*t sherlock.. it's called average for a reason.. my aunties brother in laws mothers next door neighbour is an avid gin salesman..

Barnsley v Millwall on 21:37 - May 29 with 1042 viewsDr_Winston

Barnsley v Millwall on 17:53 - May 29 by Morganator100

You can earn more in a skilled trade than you can as a lower league footballer. For all the bitching about the money they're paid only a select percentage earn the biggest money.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Barnsley v Millwall on 21:38 - May 29 with 1037 viewsshandyjack

Barnsley v Millwall on 21:37 - May 29 by Dr_Winston

You can earn more in a skilled trade than you can as a lower league footballer. For all the bitching about the money they're paid only a select percentage earn the biggest money.

my point exactly

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024