Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For all you beer connorseuirs out there... 16:57 - May 29 with 3640 viewsStarsky

Just to quote a common term used by your ilk. "I tried a drop of '____ale' the other night"
How many 'drops' in a pint?
Also ... Are you more concerned about quality rather than quantity?

It's just the internet, init.

For all you beer connorseuirs out there... on 19:11 - May 29 with 1468 viewsdickythorpe

Stella Artois 4.8% is good but the 4.9% Stella Black is better.
Morretti is good, there is a Porreti which is 5% and very nice.
Perllenbacher from Lidl is excellent and a new favourite of mine is Amstel, its not as sweet as its big brother Heineken.
Steinhouser from Aldi was good.
Cobra is great with curry, couldnt drink it as a session lager though.
Plus in Tesco I tried an Argentinan lager 4.9% which was of good quality.

There are many ales nowadays thanks to the explosion of microbreweries, some are very good some are too experimental, but Gower Gold has to be up there as one of the best!
There is also a Harbour Brewery in Tenby, it is in its infancy but so far they do 3 very good ales.
For all you beer connorseuirs out there... on 19:12 - May 29 with 1467 viewsexiledclaseboy

For all you beer connorseuirs out there... on 19:11 - May 29 by dickythorpe

Stella Artois 4.8% is good but the 4.9% Stella Black is better.
Morretti is good, there is a Porreti which is 5% and very nice.
Perllenbacher from Lidl is excellent and a new favourite of mine is Amstel, its not as sweet as its big brother Heineken.
Steinhouser from Aldi was good.
Cobra is great with curry, couldnt drink it as a session lager though.
Plus in Tesco I tried an Argentinan lager 4.9% which was of good quality.

There are many ales nowadays thanks to the explosion of microbreweries, some are very good some are too experimental, but Gower Gold has to be up there as one of the best!
There is also a Harbour Brewery in Tenby, it is in its infancy but so far they do 3 very good ales.

I'm in to Heineken at the moment. It's nice and smooth and not as gassy as Stella.

Poll: Tory leader

For all you beer connorseuirs out there... on 19:20 - May 29 with 1454 viewsdickythorpe

I'd forgotten Peroni, very nice with food.

Lovely pint of Heineken in the Brunswick, ECB. Not sure whether it's still on draught there as it has been a while since i've been.

I prefer Amstel as it's drier than Heineken and on a par with Perllenbacher.

Lime in lager is only allowed in hot weather, other than that you are destroying the taste and life of your "drop"
For all you beer connorseuirs out there... on 19:21 - May 29 with 1449 viewsexiledclaseboy

For all you beer connorseuirs out there... on 19:20 - May 29 by dickythorpe

Lovely pint of Heineken in the Brunswick, ECB. Not sure whether it's still on draught there as it has been a while since i've been.

Lime in lager is only allowed in hot weather, other than that you are destroying the taste and life of your "drop"

Had quite a few peronis yesterday in Vesuvios before the Manics gig. Lovely and refreshing.
[Post edited 29 May 2016 19:21]

Poll: Tory leader

For all you beer connorseuirs out there... on 19:24 - May 29 with 1443 viewsClinton

Quality is everything; until about the fifth pint then any old stuff will do.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

For all you beer connorseuirs out there... on 20:21 - May 29 with 1409 viewswaynekerr55

For all you beer connorseuirs out there... on 19:12 - May 29 by exiledclaseboy

I'm in to Heineken at the moment. It's nice and smooth and not as gassy as Stella.

I have to say I do like a nice pint of Winnie Mandela on draught

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

For all you beer connorseuirs out there... on 20:23 - May 29 with 1404 viewsdickythorpe

For all you beer connorseuirs out there... on 20:21 - May 29 by waynekerr55

I have to say I do like a nice pint of Winnie Mandela on draught

WhAt Do YoU tHinK percH tOWers serVEs?
For all you beer connorseuirs out there... on 20:24 - May 29 with 1403 viewswaynekerr55

For all you beer connorseuirs out there... on 19:20 - May 29 by dickythorpe

Erdinger on draught is also cracking. I remember having a couple in a pub by Clapham Junction after we got dicked on by Palace in 2008, in our first season in the championship under Judas.

Cracking stuff but it was close to a fiver back then 🙃🙃🙃😷😷😷😷😷😷

Login to get fewer ads

For all you beer connorseuirs out there... on 21:14 - May 29 with 1367 viewsbuilthjack

Has to be quality. Butty Bach my favourite at the moment, Max likes it too.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

For all you beer connorseuirs out there... on 21:22 - May 29 with 1355 viewsmarchamjack

A thread about beer and most of the talk is about lager...

Wychcraft by Wychwood
Old Speckled Hen by Morlands
London Pride/ Chiswick by Fullers
Black Sheep by Black Sheep

All excellent ales

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

For all you beer connorseuirs out there... on 21:31 - May 29 with 1348 viewsDr_Winston

Developed a strange fondness for Stella and Amstel lately.

As far as beer goes, way too many IPA's about at the minute for my liking.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

For all you beer connorseuirs out there... on 21:39 - May 29 with 1332 viewsClinton

For all you beer connorseuirs out there... on 21:14 - May 29 by builthjack

Has to be quality. Butty Bach my favourite at the moment, Max likes it too.

A true connoisseur.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

For all you beer connorseuirs out there... on 21:39 - May 29 with 1332 viewsbuilthjack

Lots of little micro breweries popping up all over Wales., Also ale houses are in fashion, so good for real ale drinkers.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

For all you beer connorseuirs out there... on 22:03 - May 29 with 1309 viewsdickythorpe

Tanglefoot, Timotyh Taylors Landlord and St Austell's Proper Job and Tribute are quality ales.
For all you beer connorseuirs out there... on 23:18 - May 29 with 1291 viewsMuteswan

For all you beer connorseuirs out there... on 19:12 - May 29 by exiledclaseboy

I was in a Greek restaurant in London a few months back and the waiter recommended a lager brewed in Santorini called VOLKAN SANTORINI BLACK . Very unusual in that it was the colour of Guinness but was a lager. It tasted quite chocolatey but was not too heavy, would recommend it to anyone who likes something different!
For all you beer connorseuirs out there... on 23:27 - May 29 with 1217 viewsBrynmill_Jack

For all you beer connorseuirs out there... on 17:07 - May 29 by Starsky

For us regular punters... Stella Artois?

Since they took the strength down from 5.2 to 4.8% it's become a really nice pint. Can't beat a nice drop of Cobra beer though.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

For all you beer connorseuirs out there... on 01:25 - May 30 with 1184 viewsStarsky

For all you beer connorseuirs out there... on 21:22 - May 29 by marchamjack

A thread about beer and most of the talk is about lager...

Wychcraft by Wychwood
Old Speckled Hen by Morlands
London Pride/ Chiswick by Fullers
Black Sheep by Black Sheep

All excellent ales

Last time I checked... Lager IS a beer

It's just the internet, init.

For all you beer connorseuirs out there... on 08:12 - May 30 with 1141 viewswaynekerr55

For all you beer connorseuirs out there... on 23:18 - May 29 by Muteswan

I was in a Greek restaurant in London a few months back and the waiter recommended a lager brewed in Santorini called VOLKAN SANTORINI BLACK . Very unusual in that it was the colour of Guinness but was a lager. It tasted quite chocolatey but was not too heavy, would recommend it to anyone who likes something different!

Have you tried Asahi Black?

For all you beer connorseuirs out there... on 08:13 - May 30 with 1140 viewswaynekerr55

For all you beer connorseuirs out there... on 20:23 - May 29 by dickythorpe

WhAt Do YoU tHinK percH tOWers serVEs?

Unicorn p*ss, hand crafted by his Butler called Gordon
[Post edited 30 May 2016 8:13]

For all you beer connorseuirs out there... on 09:46 - May 30 with 1111 viewsMuteswan

For all you beer connorseuirs out there... on 08:12 - May 30 by waynekerr55

Have you tried Asahi Black?

Not tried that personally but just looked it up on Beeradvocate.com ,it's not rated as highly as Volkan but it's all down to individual taste . Although imho the reviewers on that website seem to be a little "pretentious " 😜 Did you buy it locally ot was it abroad?
For all you beer connorseuirs out there... on 10:45 - May 30 with 1084 viewswaynekerr55

For all you beer connorseuirs out there... on 09:46 - May 30 by Muteswan

Not tried that personally but just looked it up on Beeradvocate.com ,it's not rated as highly as Volkan but it's all down to individual taste . Although imho the reviewers on that website seem to be a little "pretentious " 😜 Did you buy it locally ot was it abroad?

You can lay your hands on it in supermarkets up here (Watford/St Albans) but they definitely used to serve it in Wasabi in the Uplands. Haven't been there for a couple of years so not sure if they still do.

Failing that, Asahi Super Dry is good.

For all you beer connorseuirs out there... on 12:23 - May 30 with 1042 viewsMuteswan

For all you beer connorseuirs out there... on 10:45 - May 30 by waynekerr55

You can lay your hands on it in supermarkets up here (Watford/St Albans) but they definitely used to serve it in Wasabi in the Uplands. Haven't been there for a couple of years so not sure if they still do.

Failing that, Asahi Super Dry is good.

Cheers 🍻 Will look out for both.
For all you beer connorseuirs out there... on 12:35 - May 30 with 1035 viewsmacthejack

For all you beer connorseuirs out there... on 16:18 - May 30 with 996 viewsdickythorpe

Doom bar brewed by sharp's brewery in rock, Cornwall has been bought by coors. Went to a localish pub after work today in Llangain and on tap water sharp's cornish pilsner. 5.2% and a bit fruity but very smooth and refreshing in this magnificent sunshine.
Broken a rule today, I drinking cans of bottles of Heineken, whilst watching test match on ipad sky go in garden.

Happy slurping!!!! (don't you just know work is going to be a "delight " tomorrow!!!)
For all you beer connorseuirs out there... on 19:47 - May 30 with 943 viewsWxmJax

For all you beer connorseuirs out there... on 12:35 - May 30 by macthejack

Hope its not like home made elderflower wine, off my head on it once.

Visiting family seem to enjoy Wrexham Lager, 4% on draught and 5% in bottles. Good enough for Heston to sell in his establishments.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024