Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What kind of person does this? 14:42 - May 30 with 11548 viewsDarran

Staggering,he's been arrested now.
Why? Just why?

http://metro.co.uk/2016/05/30/man-who-wore-offensive-hillsborough-t-shirt-arrest

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

What kind of person does this? on 23:10 - May 30 with 1611 viewsLoyal

What kind of person does this? on 20:40 - May 30 by exiledclaseboy

If I ever fall foul of the law I'm going to save myself a fortune on solicitors fees by consulting Planet Swans's array of legal experts first.

You should always listen to me mate 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

What kind of person does this? on 23:20 - May 30 with 1601 viewscontroversial_jack

What kind of person does this? on 17:16 - May 30 by morningstar

(b)displays any writing, sign or other visible representation which is threatening, abusive or insulting, within the hearing or sight of a person likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress thereby.

Read, and digest. Slowly if it helps.

Not sure where you have pasted that from, but that's not a definition of harassment, as it has to be directed at a particular individual and has to be persistent.Try again?
What kind of person does this? on 23:26 - May 30 with 1597 viewscontroversial_jack

What kind of person does this? on 18:05 - May 30 by exiledclaseboy

You don't have to, that's why the words "likely to.." are in there.

There wasn't though was there?
What kind of person does this? on 23:40 - May 30 with 1576 viewsStarsky

What kind of person does this? on 23:26 - May 30 by controversial_jack

There wasn't though was there?

Are you in anyway disgusted with the guy wearing the tee shirt.
Just wondering...

It's just the internet, init.

What kind of person does this? on 23:42 - May 30 with 1572 viewsLoyal

What kind of person does this? on 23:20 - May 30 by controversial_jack

Not sure where you have pasted that from, but that's not a definition of harassment, as it has to be directed at a particular individual and has to be persistent.Try again?

No it doesn't, the person doesnt need to be present 👍
As I said, Clapham omnibus.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

What kind of person does this? on 23:43 - May 30 with 1569 viewscontroversial_jack

What kind of person does this? on 23:40 - May 30 by Starsky

Are you in anyway disgusted with the guy wearing the tee shirt.
Just wondering...

He needs a slap
What kind of person does this? on 23:52 - May 30 with 1561 viewsmorningstar

What kind of person does this? on 23:20 - May 30 by controversial_jack

Effin ell mun! Are you studying for a degree in being stupid? Nobody has said anything about harassment except you! As I said, read it very slowly. He has caused alarm and distress to people. If he hadn't, it would'nt be all over the internet or national papers would it! Look, I'm not saying it's the crime of the century and he should be hung, drawn and quartered. But he is a low life tvvat and definitely has committed a crime!

By the way i pasted it from section 5 of the public order offence from which he's been charged! Look it up.
[Post edited 30 May 2016 23:56]

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

What kind of person does this? on 00:46 - May 31 with 1509 viewscontroversial_jack

What kind of person does this? on 23:52 - May 30 by morningstar

Effin ell mun! Are you studying for a degree in being stupid? Nobody has said anything about harassment except you! As I said, read it very slowly. He has caused alarm and distress to people. If he hadn't, it would'nt be all over the internet or national papers would it! Look, I'm not saying it's the crime of the century and he should be hung, drawn and quartered. But he is a low life tvvat and definitely has committed a crime!

By the way i pasted it from section 5 of the public order offence from which he's been charged! Look it up.
[Post edited 30 May 2016 23:56]

You effin cledwyn, harassment was mentioned earlier in the thread, but you obviously missed it, and the word offensive has been removed from the public order act.
Login to get fewer ads

What kind of person does this? on 02:53 - May 31 with 1476 viewsStarsky

Surely, the fact that he has been arrested, proves that a law has been broken?

It's just the internet, init.

What kind of person does this? on 05:44 - May 31 with 1453 viewsLoyal

It's black.
No it's not, it's white.

What kind of person does this? on 07:12 - May 31 with 1409 viewscontroversial_jack

What kind of person does this? on 02:53 - May 31 by Starsky

Surely, the fact that he has been arrested, proves that a law has been broken?

Yes, that's correct, the police never make mistakes.
What kind of person does this? on 07:20 - May 31 with 1402 viewsraynor94

What kind of person does this? on 07:12 - May 31 by controversial_jack

Yes, that's correct, the police never make mistakes.

He was reported to the police, he was charged with "displaying abusive writing likely to cause distress" no mistake there

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

What kind of person does this? on 10:15 - May 31 with 1330 viewsswansea101

Alarm or distress is the words you need to concentrate on, it basically means Youve been taken a back or shocked by it in legal terms

If average joe walks down the street and saw that bloke wearing it would He feel shocked by it? If yes he's guilty of it

That's section 5 as well so someone doesn't need to be actually alarmed or distressed, more the likelihood of someone being. It's an easy get out, and the lesser of public order offences
What kind of person does this? on 10:24 - May 31 with 1323 viewsHighjack

What kind of person does this? on 10:15 - May 31 by swansea101

Alarm or distress is the words you need to concentrate on, it basically means Youve been taken a back or shocked by it in legal terms

If average joe walks down the street and saw that bloke wearing it would He feel shocked by it? If yes he's guilty of it

That's section 5 as well so someone doesn't need to be actually alarmed or distressed, more the likelihood of someone being. It's an easy get out, and the lesser of public order offences

It's a slippery slope to arrest people because of the likelihood of an offence being possibly committed in the future. And with the way this country is going these days with everyone being offended and outraged by everything in the world we'll all be in prison soon.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

What kind of person does this? on 10:29 - May 31 with 1319 viewsjack247

There really should be an all encompassing law against being a massive tw@t in public.
What kind of person does this? on 11:26 - May 31 with 1290 viewsHighjack

What kind of person does this? on 10:29 - May 31 by jack247

There really should be an all encompassing law against being a massive tw@t in public.

Again, none of us would be safe.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

What kind of person does this? on 11:29 - May 31 with 1288 viewsmorningstar

What kind of person does this? on 00:46 - May 31 by controversial_jack

You effin cledwyn, harassment was mentioned earlier in the thread, but you obviously missed it, and the word offensive has been removed from the public order act.

Harassment alarm or distress has been used yes, it's either or. No one has mentioned harassment as a stand alone charge except you. I honestly think i've done my best to spell it out for you in laymans terms here, but your still not getting it are you!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

What kind of person does this? on 11:56 - May 31 with 1272 viewsLeonisGod

What kind of person does this? on 16:21 - May 30 by Highjack

This guy is clearly the scum of the earth and he deserves everything he gets but it is absolutely crazy the police are involved for something like this. It really is trial by Twitter in the 21st century.

Tend to agree. I'm sure the family of the 96 disagree, but where do you draw the line? How offensive does something have to be and to how many people. Being offended is so subjective that to me it just seems an overly complex (and therefore expensive) issue to resolve legally.

Can't most people (the families of the 96 excepted probably) just agree that this bloke is a complete tvvat and then just move on?
What kind of person does this? on 14:08 - May 31 with 1223 viewsLoyal

What kind of person does this? on 07:20 - May 31 by raynor94

He was reported to the police, he was charged with "displaying abusive writing likely to cause distress" no mistake there

It would be nice from someone from the Hillsborough side to make a few comments and commend the actions taken.

mmmmm .....

What kind of person does this? on 14:08 - May 31 with 1223 viewsHighjack

What kind of person does this? on 11:56 - May 31 by LeonisGod

Tend to agree. I'm sure the family of the 96 disagree, but where do you draw the line? How offensive does something have to be and to how many people. Being offended is so subjective that to me it just seems an overly complex (and therefore expensive) issue to resolve legally.

Can't most people (the families of the 96 excepted probably) just agree that this bloke is a complete tvvat and then just move on?

In a world where common sense is applied the police would just have a quiet word with the guy and say "look mate that's inappropriate can you cover it up or go and change?" And that would be the end of it. And that's what used to happen probably before the Twitter brigade started baying for blood about every single tiny transgression.

What kind of person does this? on 14:13 - May 31 with 1219 viewswaynekerr55

What kind of person does this? on 23:10 - May 30 by Loyal

You should always listen to me mate 👍

You sir are the embodiment of 'pro bono publico' 😋

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

What kind of person does this? on 14:26 - May 31 with 1212 viewsLoyal

What kind of person does this? on 14:13 - May 31 by waynekerr55

You sir are the embodiment of 'pro bono publico' 😋

Can't stand U2 mate 😂😂😂

What kind of person does this? on 14:34 - May 31 with 1202 viewscontroversial_jack

What kind of person does this? on 11:29 - May 31 by morningstar

Harassment alarm or distress has been used yes, it's either or. No one has mentioned harassment as a stand alone charge except you. I honestly think i've done my best to spell it out for you in laymans terms here, but your still not getting it are you!

So, what is the actual charge against him?
What kind of person does this? on 14:36 - May 31 with 1194 viewsLoyal

What kind of person does this? on 14:34 - May 31 by controversial_jack

So, what is the actual charge against him?

Being fcking annoying 👍😂

What kind of person does this? on 14:37 - May 31 with 1192 viewscontroversial_jack

What kind of person does this? on 07:20 - May 31 by raynor94

Yes, there is a mistake as there is no such offence
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024