Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job 15:00 - May 31 with 21053 viewsmacthejack

http://www.thesackrace.com/news/31st-may-2016/garry-monk-new-frontrunner-for-lee
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 20:16 - May 31 with 2466 viewsplasjack

Garry was a Swansea legend, not the internet trash that comments on here.
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 20:17 - May 31 with 2462 viewsMurph75

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 20:16 - May 31 by plasjack

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 20:18 - May 31 with 2459 viewsjack247

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 20:14 - May 31 by Darran

Yeah of course I doubt Huw Jenkins has ever had any input it's just a myth.

There is input and there is picking the team and getting them to play the almost polar opposite of the way Jenkins professes he wants us to. In fact the way we had usually played from the Martinez days up until last season.

Don't make me explain that as well.
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 20:19 - May 31 with 2452 viewsDarran

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 20:18 - May 31 by jack247

There is input and there is picking the team and getting them to play the almost polar opposite of the way Jenkins professes he wants us to. In fact the way we had usually played from the Martinez days up until last season.

Don't make me explain that as well.

I'm agreeing with you mun.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 20:26 - May 31 with 2441 viewsjack247

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 20:15 - May 31 by Murph75

Is that the same diamond Guidolin seems to favour?

Do you honestly believe the players that came in during the transfer windows were all his own signings?

No, it's not the same diamond Guidolin seems to favour. Going over old ground again, but he was brought in to keep us up, by hook or by crook. He had players used to playing a certain way, so rather than rip it up mid season in a dogfight, he tweaked it, got the results and then played his own way for the last few games.

No, I never said all the players were his own signings. They won't be at many clubs, but the manager will have input into the type of player he wants if he can't handpick the individual. I'm pretty confident some of the players signed when he was in charge wouldn't be signed now for example. I also doubt we would have signed Paloschi if we hadn't sacked Garry.

Anyway, I don't think he merits the Leeds in based on what he did here, but if he gets it good luck to him. I've nothing against him as a person.
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 20:27 - May 31 with 2437 viewsjack247

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 20:19 - May 31 by Darran

I'm agreeing with you mun.

Fair enough. Can never tell whether you are being serious or sarcastic!
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 20:30 - May 31 with 2433 viewsdobjack2

Whether Garry wanted specific players or not his job in the system in place down here was to coach/develop them and set out tactics.

The comparison is guidolin with the same players.

Do I think that he should have had an experienced number 2 rather than pep and his mates - yes

If it was suggested that he took on an experienced number 2 and he refused, do I think he should have gone then - yes

Wish him no ill but anyone that takes on the Leeds job is desperate in my book so for his sake I hope this is paper talk.
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 20:39 - May 31 with 2402 viewsjack247

Yes he was. And when Leon hangs up his boots I hope he never gets the managers job here because I wouldn't want him to go the same way as Garry and Cusack.
Login to get fewer ads

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 11:00 - Jun 1 with 2108 viewsMurph75

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 20:39 - May 31 by jack247

Yes he was. And when Leon hangs up his boots I hope he never gets the managers job here because I wouldn't want him to go the same way as Garry and Cusack.

Looks like it could be happening. In talks according to the sky sports website.
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 11:01 - Jun 1 with 2108 viewsLeonisGod

Not sure who's won the argument going on here (I'm not even sure I know what the argument is), but I don't miss Garry's negative, containing tactics. Not at all. Despite him being a club legend and all that. Can't fault his work rate and dedication though.

Needs his head testing if he goes to Leeds.
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 11:12 - Jun 1 with 2101 viewsLoyal

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 11:01 - Jun 1 by LeonisGod

Not sure who's won the argument going on here (I'm not even sure I know what the argument is), but I don't miss Garry's negative, containing tactics. Not at all. Despite him being a club legend and all that. Can't fault his work rate and dedication though.

Needs his head testing if he goes to Leeds.

Opinions are not always arguments 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 11:18 - Jun 1 with 2091 viewsDewi1jack

This.
I can understand the laughing at/ slagging off for the tapas waiter, due to the words and the way he left.
He helped us to where we are, so for that I still thank him. For the way he left, he deserves the sh1te flying his way. Yorath left the 1st time with some bad feelings as well.
But for the rest of our ex players/ managers?
Good, bad or indifferent, they've all helped us get to where we are.
Just thank them, wish them luck and success except when they are opposing us, when I wish bad luck on them the same as any opposition and move on.
Discuss them fairly.
Be constructive for a change- you know you want to!

IMHO, Leeds is the poisoned chalice. A once great club gone to a total basket case of an owner and club. Certainly more poisoned than the Chelsea job.
If GM can do the job there, he'll be able to go to most clubs and do ok.
Reckon he'd be better off at a lower profile club to rebuild his career from though and leaving basket case clubs to the likes of Schteve Brollyman/ Warnock/ Pulis/ Redknapp/ Carver/ Slade etc

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:28 - Jun 1 with 1918 viewsGlyn1

If you compare Garry with Francesco, there's no doubt that the Italian is the better manager.

Last season they had 11 matches against the same opponents (Chelsea, Newcastle, Everton, Southampton, Spurs, Stoke, Villa, Arsenal, Bournemouth, Liverpool and Leicester).

Garry's record was 6 Home matches: 6 points. 5 Away matches: 5 points. Total = 11 points.

Franco's record was 4 Home matches: 9 points. 7 Away matches: 7 points. Total = 16 points.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:34 - Jun 1 with 1906 viewsmonmouth

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:28 - Jun 1 by Glyn1

If you compare Garry with Francesco, there's no doubt that the Italian is the better manager.

Last season they had 11 matches against the same opponents (Chelsea, Newcastle, Everton, Southampton, Spurs, Stoke, Villa, Arsenal, Bournemouth, Liverpool and Leicester).

Garry's record was 6 Home matches: 6 points. 5 Away matches: 5 points. Total = 11 points.

Franco's record was 4 Home matches: 9 points. 7 Away matches: 7 points. Total = 16 points.

I don't disagree with the conclusion but I do find it mildly interesting, in an insane sort of way, that you equate a team's name with a static single variable representation of what they offer on the pitch.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:45 - Jun 1 with 1884 viewsMurph75

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:28 - Jun 1 by Glyn1

Of course he's the better manager. He started his journey in management in 1986 and has had 16 jobs.

Maybe we should compare their records 30 years from now.
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 20:21 - Jun 1 with 1844 viewsGlyn1

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:45 - Jun 1 by Murph75

Of course he's the better manager. He started his journey in management in 1986 and has had 16 jobs.

Certainly Garry has the ability to improve as a manager and I sincerely wish him all the best.

But we started the season with one manager and ended with a better one.

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 20:23 - Jun 1 with 1839 viewsMurph75

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 20:21 - Jun 1 by Glyn1

Certainly Garry has the ability to improve as a manager and I sincerely wish him all the best.

But we started the season with one manager and ended with a better one.

Maybe.
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 21:00 - Jun 1 with 1783 viewsGlyn1

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:34 - Jun 1 by monmouth

I don't disagree with the conclusion but I do find it mildly interesting, in an insane sort of way, that you equate a team's name with a static single variable representation of what they offer on the pitch.

Eh?

I'm not equating a "name" with anything. I'm only comparing how the two managers did against the same opposition and drawing a conclusion from that, which could be right or wrong. It may only be partial evidence, but it's better than having nothing to go on.

By "a static single variable representation of what they offer on the pitch" do you mean "points"?
[Post edited 1 Jun 2016 21:07]

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 21:01 - Jun 1 with 1781 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I see Garry's being tipped to take Emnes and Bartley to Leeds.

He'll be back on my Christmas card list if he does.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 21:02 - Jun 1 with 1775 viewsMurph75

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 21:01 - Jun 1 by Joe_bradshaw

If he took Gomis as well I'd buy him a present.
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 21:15 - Jun 1 with 1752 viewsGlyn1

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 21:01 - Jun 1 by Joe_bradshaw

Who is tipping him to do a crazy thing like that?

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 21:18 - Jun 1 with 1745 viewsjack247

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:45 - Jun 1 by Murph75

In fairness, he was looking at their records for us, last season. Comparng their managerial records since 1986 isn't realistic. Comparing them since August is.

Either way, I hope he does well at Leeds. There probably aren't many better clubs to be at if he can get it right. If it does go sideways, it won't damage him too much as most recent Leeds managers have been sacked brutally and it's kind of expected.
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 21:22 - Jun 1 with 1734 viewsMurph75

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 21:18 - Jun 1 by jack247

In fairness, he was looking at their records for us, last season. Comparng their managerial records since 1986 isn't realistic. Comparing them since August is.

Either way, I hope he does well at Leeds. There probably aren't many better clubs to be at if he can get it right. If it does go sideways, it won't damage him too much as most recent Leeds managers have been sacked brutally and it's kind of expected.

Not really. I was merely pointing out that someone with 30 years experience should be slightly better at what they do than someone who has roughly 2 years experience.
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 21:27 - Jun 1 with 1726 viewsjack247

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 21:22 - Jun 1 by Murph75

Not really. I was merely pointing out that someone with 30 years experience should be slightly better at what they do than someone who has roughly 2 years experience.

All things being equal yes.

You could also argue that someone who had been at the club for more than a decade, has been a captain under some of our most successful managers and knew the players inside out would have a bit of an advantage over someone inheriting a struggling team who couldn't speak the language.

Going by your logic, everyone would have managers in their 60s and 70s
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 21:35 - Jun 1 with 1705 viewsmonmouth

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 21:00 - Jun 1 by Glyn1

Eh?

I'm not equating a "name" with anything. I'm only comparing how the two managers did against the same opposition and drawing a conclusion from that, which could be right or wrong. It may only be partial evidence, but it's better than having nothing to go on.

By "a static single variable representation of what they offer on the pitch" do you mean "points"?
[Post edited 1 Jun 2016 21:07]

No I mean they are not the same team in two different seasons just because they have the same name. For example, the Evo at goodison this season were nothing like the evo at goodison last season for a number of reasons, or the Chelse that were champions are not the same as this seasons car crash, so your comparison is flawed.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024