Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mexican International Alan Pulido's kidnapping/escape 19:03 - May 31 with 3206 viewsTummer_from_Texas

What a great story and brave fella.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/may/30/mexican-football-star-alan-pulido-r

Friends and I used to love to go to Tamaulipas, which borders Texas, back in the 90's. It would be almost suicidal to go there as a tourist now.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Mexican International Alan Pulido's kidnapping/escape on 19:11 - May 31 with 2567 viewsCooperman

I'm going to Aguascalientes next month (via DFW might I add) and I'm not planning on straying from either work or the Marriott. I'm glad that this story turned out with a positive ending.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Mexican International Alan Pulido's kidnapping/escape on 19:19 - May 31 with 2553 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Mexican International Alan Pulido's kidnapping/escape on 19:11 - May 31 by Cooperman

I'm going to Aguascalientes next month (via DFW might I add) and I'm not planning on straying from either work or the Marriott. I'm glad that this story turned out with a positive ending.

Aguascalientes is just deep enough in the interior that you shouldn't have to worry too much.

The northern border states are the hellhole of Mexico these days - particularly Ciudad Juarez across from El Paso, Texas, which has been called the most violent city on Earth.

How long is your layover at DFW?

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Mexican International Alan Pulido's kidnapping/escape on 20:02 - May 31 with 2531 viewsskippyjack

People all around the world get kidnapped daily.. the enlightened ones have been doing it for years

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Mexican International Alan Pulido's kidnapping/escape on 20:54 - May 31 with 2495 viewsairedale

People like us can hardly imagine what it must be like in places like that.
Mexican International Alan Pulido's kidnapping/escape on 21:45 - May 31 with 2439 viewsskippyjack

Mexican International Alan Pulido's kidnapping/escape on 20:54 - May 31 by airedale

I'd say London is worse.. a kidnapping is a regular occurrence.. especially between foreign nationals.. sorry to upset the left by mentioning the word 'foreign'.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

Mexican International Alan Pulido's kidnapping/escape on 21:47 - May 31 with 2436 viewsLoyal

Mexican International Alan Pulido's kidnapping/escape on 20:54 - May 31 by airedale

I'm waiting for Mexico Jack to respond 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Mexican International Alan Pulido's kidnapping/escape on 22:35 - May 31 with 2388 viewsCooperman

Mexican International Alan Pulido's kidnapping/escape on 19:19 - May 31 by Tummer_from_Texas

Aguascalientes is just deep enough in the interior that you shouldn't have to worry too much.

The northern border states are the hellhole of Mexico these days - particularly Ciudad Juarez across from El Paso, Texas, which has been called the most violent city on Earth.

How long is your layover at DFW?

Hmm, I've done the trip a few times and it's been ok. For June I'm only in DFW for a few hours but In August I'll be back and plan to stay overnight and head into town. I'll keep in touch 😉.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Mexican International Alan Pulido's kidnapping/escape on 22:48 - May 31 with 2373 viewsoldcob

I wonder what they'd charge to kidnap Gomis.
Login to get fewer ads

Mexican International Alan Pulido's kidnapping/escape on 00:13 - Jun 1 with 2319 viewsnice_to_michu

Mexican International Alan Pulido's kidnapping/escape on 21:45 - May 31 by skippyjack

I'd say London is worse.. a kidnapping is a regular occurrence.. especially between foreign nationals.. sorry to upset the left by mentioning the word 'foreign'.

What a load of complete rubbish.

What is happening in Mexico (particularly the border states) is way worse than anything that is happening is London.

Please get a clue.
Mexican International Alan Pulido's kidnapping/escape on 00:30 - Jun 1 with 2308 viewsLoyal

Mexican International Alan Pulido's kidnapping/escape on 00:13 - Jun 1 by nice_to_michu

What is happening in Mexico (particularly the border states) is way worse than anything that is happening is London.

Please get a clue.

Have to agree with you, the kidnap, rape and death rate there is unbelievably high. Incredible.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Mexican International Alan Pulido's kidnapping/escape on 01:30 - Jun 1 with 2287 viewsskippyjack

Mexican International Alan Pulido's kidnapping/escape on 00:13 - Jun 1 by nice_to_michu

Please get a clue.

'Arrgh complete rubbish mun'.. nice to michu knows it all you see..

exhibit 28 thousand..

The main Mexican drug cartel control Mexican states.. when rival 'gangs' attempt to infiltrate or disrupt trade between American and European money men.. like attempt to steal cocaine, heroin and other drugs (including the NHS prescribed cannabis, and a few other things).. they will kill, rape, and torture the gang and family members.. if you're an ordinary person, you can swiftly get on with your life.. if you're looking for trouble, you'll get it.. innocents will not be killed, and if innocents are killed, the bosses will kill the perpetrator.. drug cartels are educated under the Roman Catholic church.. the killings are due to minority gangs trying to steal produce.. that the American and European money men have paid for, plus the ties with the main Mexican drug cartel.. in today's advanced technological world.. and the billions the drug cartel make.. the odds of any innocent people getting killed is unlikely.. it's the minority gangs rising up and attempting to gain territory off the Cartel.. innocents don't die in Mexico.. Cooperman knows where the no go zones are.. just like the no zone areas in London, Birmingham, Glasgow.. but due to the land mass, crime rate is restricted..

Mexican International Alan Pulido's kidnapping/escape on 07:54 - Jun 1 with 2232 viewsItchySphincter

Mexican International Alan Pulido's kidnapping/escape on 01:30 - Jun 1 by skippyjack

exhibit 28 thousand..

The main Mexican drug cartel control Mexican states.. when rival 'gangs' attempt to infiltrate or disrupt trade between American and European money men.. like attempt to steal cocaine, heroin and other drugs (including the NHS prescribed cannabis, and a few other things).. they will kill, rape, and torture the gang and family members.. if you're an ordinary person, you can swiftly get on with your life.. if you're looking for trouble, you'll get it.. innocents will not be killed, and if innocents are killed, the bosses will kill the perpetrator.. drug cartels are educated under the Roman Catholic church.. the killings are due to minority gangs trying to steal produce.. that the American and European money men have paid for, plus the ties with the main Mexican drug cartel.. in today's advanced technological world.. and the billions the drug cartel make.. the odds of any innocent people getting killed is unlikely.. it's the minority gangs rising up and attempting to gain territory off the Cartel.. innocents don't die in Mexico.. Cooperman knows where the no go zones are.. just like the no zone areas in London, Birmingham, Glasgow.. but due to the land mass, crime rate is restricted..

Plonker.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Mexican International Alan Pulido's kidnapping/escape on 08:12 - Jun 1 with 2218 viewsnice_to_michu

Mexican International Alan Pulido's kidnapping/escape on 01:30 - Jun 1 by skippyjack

exhibit 28 thousand..

No, I don't "know it all" like you said, but it is fairly obvious that Mexico is a much more dangerous place than London to live.

Actually, I've spent a decent amount of time there in places such Mexico City, Toluca, Acapulco, Cancun, Merida and others. This is just anecdotal, I know, but If you think London is less dangerous than Mexico City or Acapulco, for example, then you really should visit there and report back.

You're right to say that most of the major violent events are cartel vs cartel, but you then say that they will "rape, kill, torture" family members. This is also true, but family members can be innocent. Sometimes it's the young men in the northern states who join these cartels and their family is desperate for them to choose a different life, but it's the whole family who pays the price. They are innocent, are they not?

Farmers across Mexico are also forced to pay protection money to the cartel. Predictably, the cartel are ruthless with any farmer that causes them hassle. Interestingly, there is a great documentary about this issue on YouTube which shows how huge Mormon families (English speaking Americans living in Mexico for generations) that live and farm in Mexico face a daily struggle to fight the cartel. Bizarrely, the documentary follows the family of Mitt Romney (former American presidential candidate) and really shows how dangerous it is to live in the northern states of Mexico, even if you are completely "innocent" and have no connection to the drug trade at all.

Also, if you are wealthy in Mexico, you don't not have to be connected to a cartel to be the victim of kidnap, extortion and, ultimately, murder. This is one of the reasons why so many middle and upper class families in Mexico live in guarded compounds. The houses of my friends who live there are guarded 24/7.

Finally, I think you are underestimating the complete lack of "justice" in Mexico these days. Corruption in the police is so rife, even the most basic of crimes (e.g. theft), may not be dealt with in the way you would expect in London or Birmingham. Yes, of course we have corruption too, but it's a whole different level in Mexico these days unfortunately.

"Innocents don't die in Mexico" - that is so ridiculous I don't know where to begin. Did you not hear about the group of 43 students that have "disappeared" in western Mexico the other year at the hands of the police who then gave them to cartels?
[Post edited 1 Jun 2016 8:21]
Mexican International Alan Pulido's kidnapping/escape on 08:30 - Jun 1 with 2201 viewsItchySphincter

Mexican International Alan Pulido's kidnapping/escape on 08:12 - Jun 1 by nice_to_michu

No, I don't "know it all" like you said, but it is fairly obvious that Mexico is a much more dangerous place than London to live.

Actually, I've spent a decent amount of time there in places such Mexico City, Toluca, Acapulco, Cancun, Merida and others. This is just anecdotal, I know, but If you think London is less dangerous than Mexico City or Acapulco, for example, then you really should visit there and report back.

You're right to say that most of the major violent events are cartel vs cartel, but you then say that they will "rape, kill, torture" family members. This is also true, but family members can be innocent. Sometimes it's the young men in the northern states who join these cartels and their family is desperate for them to choose a different life, but it's the whole family who pays the price. They are innocent, are they not?

Farmers across Mexico are also forced to pay protection money to the cartel. Predictably, the cartel are ruthless with any farmer that causes them hassle. Interestingly, there is a great documentary about this issue on YouTube which shows how huge Mormon families (English speaking Americans living in Mexico for generations) that live and farm in Mexico face a daily struggle to fight the cartel. Bizarrely, the documentary follows the family of Mitt Romney (former American presidential candidate) and really shows how dangerous it is to live in the northern states of Mexico, even if you are completely "innocent" and have no connection to the drug trade at all.

Also, if you are wealthy in Mexico, you don't not have to be connected to a cartel to be the victim of kidnap, extortion and, ultimately, murder. This is one of the reasons why so many middle and upper class families in Mexico live in guarded compounds. The houses of my friends who live there are guarded 24/7.

Finally, I think you are underestimating the complete lack of "justice" in Mexico these days. Corruption in the police is so rife, even the most basic of crimes (e.g. theft), may not be dealt with in the way you would expect in London or Birmingham. Yes, of course we have corruption too, but it's a whole different level in Mexico these days unfortunately.

"Innocents don't die in Mexico" - that is so ridiculous I don't know where to begin. Did you not hear about the group of 43 students that have "disappeared" in western Mexico the other year at the hands of the police who then gave them to cartels?

Ignore skippy, he's a fool.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Mexican International Alan Pulido's kidnapping/escape on 08:36 - Jun 1 with 2195 viewsnice_to_michu

Mexican International Alan Pulido's kidnapping/escape on 08:30 - Jun 1 by ItchySphincter

Ignore skippy, he's a fool.

Haha ok, fair enough
Mexican International Alan Pulido's kidnapping/escape on 08:37 - Jun 1 with 2195 viewsraynor94

Mexican International Alan Pulido's kidnapping/escape on 08:12 - Jun 1 by nice_to_michu

Brilliant reply

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Mexican International Alan Pulido's kidnapping/escape on 09:18 - Jun 1 with 2162 viewsskippyjack

Arrrrghhh Skippys a fool..

The Mormons fighting the cartel because you watched a documentary.. f*cking h*'ll.. I've heard it all now..

They live in guarded compounds.. nobody in London lives in guarded compounds do they.. they're guarded by the main Mexican drug cartel.. from minority gangs attempting to gain ransom money and control from the cartel..

Arrrghhh the 43 students in Mexico go missing b cause tha police iz corrupt init blood.. I'm sure they're innocent in all this.. because it's what the news portrays it as such..

You're warped.. in Mexico crime rates are higher due to the larger population.. the Mormons being harassed by the cartel.. f*ck that's a belter...

Mexican International Alan Pulido's kidnapping/escape on 09:53 - Jun 1 with 2130 viewsnice_to_michu

Mexican International Alan Pulido's kidnapping/escape on 09:18 - Jun 1 by skippyjack

Arrrrghhh Skippys a fool..

The Mormons fighting the cartel because you watched a documentary.. f*cking h*'ll.. I've heard it all now..

They live in guarded compounds.. nobody in London lives in guarded compounds do they.. they're guarded by the main Mexican drug cartel.. from minority gangs attempting to gain ransom money and control from the cartel..

Arrrghhh the 43 students in Mexico go missing b cause tha police iz corrupt init blood.. I'm sure they're innocent in all this.. because it's what the news portrays it as such..

You're warped.. in Mexico crime rates are higher due to the larger population.. the Mormons being harassed by the cartel.. f*ck that's a belter...

"the Mormons are fighting the cartel because you watched a documentary".

- You're implying that this isn't true, or I just made it up, which is weird because it is true and I haven't made it up. Although there are numerous articles to prove this, here is the documentary if you're interested:

-43 students in Mexico go missing b cause the police iz corrupt innit blood"

- again, not really sure why you're disputing this, it's one of the biggest scandals in Mexico over the last few years. In fact, journalists in Mexico are often very cautious in their criticism of certain politicians and police as many journalists have "disappeared" as well. But, such is the public outrage at this crime, journalists have followed the story very closely.

"nobody in London lives in guarded compounds do they"

- Ummm, when compared to Mexico? No. Guarded compounds are common place for the middle class in Mexico. None of my middle class friends in London have armed guards at the gates of their street, or any guards for that matter....

"Crime rates are higher due to a larger population"

- not sure if you understand the "rate" part of that sentence. A "rate" of crime generally refers to the amount of crime per 100,000 people. Mexico's crime rate is appalling despite its relatively high population when compared to the UK, not because of it.
Mexican International Alan Pulido's kidnapping/escape on 11:02 - Jun 1 with 2105 viewsskippyjack

Mexican International Alan Pulido's kidnapping/escape on 09:53 - Jun 1 by nice_to_michu

"the Mormons are fighting the cartel because you watched a documentary".

- You're implying that this isn't true, or I just made it up, which is weird because it is true and I haven't made it up. Although there are numerous articles to prove this, here is the documentary if you're interested:

-43 students in Mexico go missing b cause the police iz corrupt innit blood"

- again, not really sure why you're disputing this, it's one of the biggest scandals in Mexico over the last few years. In fact, journalists in Mexico are often very cautious in their criticism of certain politicians and police as many journalists have "disappeared" as well. But, such is the public outrage at this crime, journalists have followed the story very closely.

"nobody in London lives in guarded compounds do they"

- Ummm, when compared to Mexico? No. Guarded compounds are common place for the middle class in Mexico. None of my middle class friends in London have armed guards at the gates of their street, or any guards for that matter....

"Crime rates are higher due to a larger population"

- not sure if you understand the "rate" part of that sentence. A "rate" of crime generally refers to the amount of crime per 100,000 people. Mexico's crime rate is appalling despite its relatively high population when compared to the UK, not because of it.

The Cartel are fighting the Mormons? A trillion pound organisation are picking on a religious sect?.. articles? news documentaries?.. you're warped.

It's only a scandal because the NEWS say it is.. f*cking simpleton mun.

Of course I understand you delinquent..

f*ck.. you'll believe that pigs fly next..

Mexican International Alan Pulido's kidnapping/escape on 11:12 - Jun 1 with 2089 viewsnice_to_michu

Mexican International Alan Pulido's kidnapping/escape on 11:02 - Jun 1 by skippyjack

The Cartel are fighting the Mormons? A trillion pound organisation are picking on a religious sect?.. articles? news documentaries?.. you're warped.

Sorry to burst your bubble:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/07/22/AR2009072203738.

No, it's not "cartel vs Mormons". It's "cartel vs groups of wealthy families who own large amounts of land in northern Mexico, of which some happen to be Mormons".

So let me get this straight, you don't believe that 43 students were abducted? Or you don't believe that 43 students being abducted and killed is a scandal? Again, sorry to burst your bubble:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-34589099
Mexican International Alan Pulido's kidnapping/escape on 11:20 - Jun 1 with 2074 viewsskippyjack

Mexican International Alan Pulido's kidnapping/escape on 11:12 - Jun 1 by nice_to_michu

Sorry to burst your bubble:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/07/22/AR2009072203738.

No, it's not "cartel vs Mormons". It's "cartel vs groups of wealthy families who own large amounts of land in northern Mexico, of which some happen to be Mormons".

So let me get this straight, you don't believe that 43 students were abducted? Or you don't believe that 43 students being abducted and killed is a scandal? Again, sorry to burst your bubble:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-34589099

Are you thick? or just a bit slow?

Mexican International Alan Pulido's kidnapping/escape on 11:56 - Jun 1 with 2056 viewsnice_to_michu

Mexican International Alan Pulido's kidnapping/escape on 11:20 - Jun 1 by skippyjack

Are you thick? or just a bit slow?

Clearly I'm a bit slow and a bit thick, then.

You asked for articles and news sources, I provided you with two sources (the BBC and the Washington Post).

Please tell me where I am going wrong, enlighten me...
Mexican International Alan Pulido's kidnapping/escape on 12:01 - Jun 1 with 2055 viewsSmellyplumz

Mexican International Alan Pulido's kidnapping/escape on 22:35 - May 31 by Cooperman

Hmm, I've done the trip a few times and it's been ok. For June I'm only in DFW for a few hours but In August I'll be back and plan to stay overnight and head into town. I'll keep in touch 😉.

Are ewe worth any money butt?

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Mexican International Alan Pulido's kidnapping/escape on 12:12 - Jun 1 with 2044 viewsnice_to_michu

Mexican International Alan Pulido's kidnapping/escape on 11:02 - Jun 1 by skippyjack

Oh, I almost forgot to mention.

"Of course I understand you delinquent"

- Do you actually understand though? Because if you did understand that "crime rate" is different to "number of crimes", then why would you say that crime rate in Mexico is worse because they have a higher population? You understand that is total nonsense, right? Crime rate is higher in Mexico because there are more crimes per population.

I'd love to know what papers or news organizations you get your information from, assuming you don't get your info from Steve and Alan down the local boozer....
Mexican International Alan Pulido's kidnapping/escape on 12:50 - Jun 1 with 2016 viewsbluenile

Fair go Skippy, you're coming across as an arrogant thick t**t, no mean feat on here. Time to concede....................................

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024