Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hillary Clinton 12:53 - Jun 7 with 25143 viewssnork44

Well Ms Clinton has wrapped up the Democratic nomination for the President even though she could be indicted by the FBI over the private email server scandal. Uncle Bernie is staying in, mainly hoping that she is charged and he can take over the nomination even if that happens we will end up with a President Trump.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Hillary Clinton on 12:49 - Sep 14 with 2022 viewsperchrockjack

Maybe the ideal scenario would be the American people boycotting the election as both candidates seem unsuitable for this office.

Both seem as bad as each other and frankly I wouldn't know whom to choose.

Why would Mrs Clinton want office at all

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Hillary Clinton on 14:15 - Sep 14 with 1989 viewsnice_to_michu

Hillary Clinton on 14:11 - Sep 13 by Headmaster

On the topic of lobbying, if the price is right, they will listen. This video says it much better than I can. It's about Clinton and the Clinton Foundation but the general criticisms can be applied to others too.

"Henry Kissenger isn't a "boss" that demands people listen to him. He is a respected foreign policy advisor but no one has to listen to him if they don't want to."

He's also an accused war criminal whose decisions and advice led to the deaths of thousands. If that's what constitutes a "respected foreign policy advisor", it tells you a lot about the state of mainstream American politics. Of course they don't have to listen to him. But they do, precisely because he's seen as a "respected" and influential person in foreign policy.

There's no denying that money can have a concerning influence upon American politics. I wrote my thesis on the impact of lobbying groups and their money upon particular legislation. Believe it or not, my conclusions were mixed. Sometimes you had a undemocratic influence, sometimes you didn't. The money part is greatly overstated, in my opinion. Organisation can be a much more powerful influence (e.g. the NRA can help mobilise it's millions of members to boycott things, vote certain ways, actively campaign for certain candidates. But sometimes it's just because the members genuinely believe in a certain piece of legislation, as opposed to personally having some sort of financial gain).

But going back to your original point, which was that Clinton et al will just do whatever their "bosses" tell them to do when it comes to foreign policy. I lived in America and worked in politics for a number of years, eventually working for the leadership on Capitol Hill in Washington DC. In my experience, the whole idea of shadowy corporations pulling the strings of Congressmen or women like puppets has is exaggerated, particularly when it comes very complex foreign policy matters.

I accept that other people's experiences might be different, I'm just speaking from my own.
Hillary Clinton on 14:40 - Sep 14 with 1966 viewsDarran

Has she died yet Dai?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Hillary Clinton on 14:45 - Sep 14 with 1960 viewssnork44

Hillary Clinton on 14:15 - Sep 14 by nice_to_michu

There's no denying that money can have a concerning influence upon American politics. I wrote my thesis on the impact of lobbying groups and their money upon particular legislation. Believe it or not, my conclusions were mixed. Sometimes you had a undemocratic influence, sometimes you didn't. The money part is greatly overstated, in my opinion. Organisation can be a much more powerful influence (e.g. the NRA can help mobilise it's millions of members to boycott things, vote certain ways, actively campaign for certain candidates. But sometimes it's just because the members genuinely believe in a certain piece of legislation, as opposed to personally having some sort of financial gain).

But going back to your original point, which was that Clinton et al will just do whatever their "bosses" tell them to do when it comes to foreign policy. I lived in America and worked in politics for a number of years, eventually working for the leadership on Capitol Hill in Washington DC. In my experience, the whole idea of shadowy corporations pulling the strings of Congressmen or women like puppets has is exaggerated, particularly when it comes very complex foreign policy matters.

I accept that other people's experiences might be different, I'm just speaking from my own.

Hillary obviously has links to the big Wall St institutions especially Goldman Sachs, but I don't subscribe to her being in take of these organisations especially the Industrial Military Complex! I think she is very ambitious, but her undoings are self made and I think that may hurt her. I live in the South so people are a lot more conservative than say the big west coast states!

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Hillary Clinton on 15:02 - Sep 14 with 1941 viewsdailew

Hillary Clinton on 14:40 - Sep 14 by Darran

Has she died yet Dai?

Of course she has.

It's all been hushed up. Too much vested interest.

One news channel let slip but were quickly told to pull the item. Nearly everything has been wiped on youtube. Watch the video while it's still up.

[Post edited 14 Sep 2016 15:03]

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Hillary Clinton on 15:06 - Sep 14 with 1932 viewsDarran

Hillary Clinton on 15:02 - Sep 14 by dailew

Of course she has.

One news channel let slip but were quickly told to pull the item. Nearly everything has been wiped on youtube. Watch the video while it's still up.

lol

Hillary Clinton on 19:42 - Sep 14 with 1886 viewsGowerjack

Hillary Clinton on 12:47 - Sep 14 by trampie

Forgetting American view points and forgetting foreign policy for a minute some people around the World might see Clinton as being better for America than Trump but taking foreign policy into consideration and the capacity and appetite for conflict abroad then those same people from around the World might see Trump as a better bet.

Arrant nonsense.

Typical Trampie.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Hillary Clinton on 20:04 - Sep 14 with 1875 viewsnice_to_michu

Hillary Clinton on 15:02 - Sep 14 by dailew

Of course she has.

Do you actually believe that?
Login to get fewer ads

Hillary Clinton on 20:29 - Sep 14 with 1858 viewsnice_to_michu

Hillary Clinton on 14:45 - Sep 14 by snork44

Hillary obviously has links to the big Wall St institutions especially Goldman Sachs, but I don't subscribe to her being in take of these organisations especially the Industrial Military Complex! I think she is very ambitious, but her undoings are self made and I think that may hurt her. I live in the South so people are a lot more conservative than say the big west coast states!

Yeh I agree with you about her undoings being self made.

As for Wall St links, I think you're right to be observant and be look into everything like that. However, some people think that these "links" (such as meeting with the major Wall Street firms etc) are inherently corrupt. I don't think it is always that way.

For example, if you're going to make sweeping changes on health policy in the United States (e.g. Obamacare) it is entirely rational that you would meet the various different stakeholders such as doctors, patients and, yes, insurance companies. I don't see why that is any different when attempting to alter tax policy on the ultra rich, corporations, middle class, low-income etc etc. Obama has overseen a massive increase in employment during his term, real-terms wages going up, gender wage gap being decreased, enacted the largest public bailout of a private industry in history, and many other things, all the while the stock market has improved markedly. These things do not have to be at expense of one another, but constant dialogue is required to do this.

I'm not what some might describe as "neo-liberal" in terms of economics, far from from it. I just think that we should give some people the benefit of the doubt on occasion, and credit where it is due in a system which is notorious for its gridlock.
Hillary Clinton on 21:06 - Sep 14 with 1834 viewsdailew

Hillary Clinton on 20:04 - Sep 14 by nice_to_michu

Do you actually believe that?

Of course I do. It's about time people woke up to the way they are being duped by the MSM.

She died months ago. But I don't believe in that body double rubbish. Not that stupid. No need. It's a re-animated corpse - albeit a not very convincing one.

There were problems with heat and humidity at the 911 memorial - the electronics can suffer above 75F and 80% humidity. They were taking here back to the Scooby Van to get her dehumidified and charged up again when disaster struck.

If you watch the video a piece of metal falls from her and then she collapses like a bag of spuds. It was an integral part of the internal electronics.

They then had to rush her to HQ (Chelsea's "apartment") and replace the main electronics within her. They have loads of spares for just such an occasion. How else could she be up and running again in less than 90 mins?

This kind of technology has been available for over 20 years now (see the video below from 1994) and with Moore's Law continuing to apply to all branches of computing and electronics (including Manimatronics) these corpses can be very convincing nowadays.

Wake up and smell the coffee guys !!

Hillary Clinton on 21:30 - Sep 14 with 1824 viewsnice_to_michu

Hillary Clinton on 21:06 - Sep 14 by dailew

Of course I do. It's about time people woke up to the way they are being duped by the MSM.

She died months ago. But I don't believe in that body double rubbish. Not that stupid. No need. It's a re-animated corpse - albeit a not very convincing one.

There were problems with heat and humidity at the 911 memorial - the electronics can suffer above 75F and 80% humidity. They were taking here back to the Scooby Van to get her dehumidified and charged up again when disaster struck.

If you watch the video a piece of metal falls from her and then she collapses like a bag of spuds. It was an integral part of the internal electronics.

They then had to rush her to HQ (Chelsea's "apartment") and replace the main electronics within her. They have loads of spares for just such an occasion. How else could she be up and running again in less than 90 mins?

This kind of technology has been available for over 20 years now (see the video below from 1994) and with Moore's Law continuing to apply to all branches of computing and electronics (including Manimatronics) these corpses can be very convincing nowadays.

Haha I thought you were being serious there for a second.

You had me going, fair play.
Hillary Clinton on 09:53 - Sep 15 with 1761 viewsdailew

She must collapse a lot or her aids wouldn't have acted in such a matter of fact manner and would have taken her straight to hospital.

Here's Bill Clinton letting slip that this has happened "frequently".

[Post edited 15 Sep 2016 9:54]

Hillary Clinton on 10:04 - Sep 15 with 1748 viewsswanjackal

Hillary Clinton on 09:53 - Sep 15 by dailew

She must collapse a lot or her aids wouldn't have acted in such a matter of fact manner and would have taken her straight to hospital.

Here's Bill Clinton letting slip that this has happened "frequently".

[Post edited 15 Sep 2016 9:54]

TRIGGER WARNING:

And if anyone knows about women going down easily and often, it's Ol' Bill.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Hillary Clinton on 10:06 - Sep 15 with 1745 viewsDarran

So she's still dead then yeah?

Hillary Clinton on 11:13 - Sep 15 with 1719 viewsnice_to_michu

Hillary Clinton on 10:06 - Sep 15 by Darran

So she's still dead then yeah?

Excellent question.

Dailew also said she is a robot though,Mao I don't know what to believe....
Hillary Clinton on 11:29 - Sep 15 with 1710 viewsswanjackal

Hillary Clinton on 11:13 - Sep 15 by nice_to_michu

Excellent question.

Dailew also said she is a robot though,Mao I don't know what to believe....

"Don't bring me into this!"
[Post edited 15 Sep 2016 11:30]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Hillary Clinton on 14:00 - Sep 15 with 1672 viewsnice_to_michu

Hillary Clinton on 11:29 - Sep 15 by swanjackal

"Don't bring me into this!"
[Post edited 15 Sep 2016 11:30]

Haha thsts a good one!

I like it
Hillary Clinton on 15:20 - Sep 15 with 1652 viewsmonmouth

Hillary Clinton on 10:04 - Sep 15 by swanjackal

TRIGGER WARNING:

And if anyone knows about women going down easily and often, it's Ol' Bill.

Bloody hell, that's a bit below the belt.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Hillary Clinton on 17:16 - Sep 15 with 1624 viewsdailew

Every man and his dog are doing videos on the election now.

Even Marvellous Marvin and Jason Scotland have got in on the act.

Hillary Clinton on 18:08 - Sep 15 with 1593 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Hillary Clinton on 14:15 - Sep 14 by nice_to_michu

It's a massive problem within the EU legislative process as well. Big corporations have the ready ears of commissioners and ministers. There's enough corruption within the Westminster lobbying process for the British people to put up with let alone Brussels as well.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Hillary Clinton on 18:16 - Sep 15 with 1581 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Hillary Clinton on 18:08 - Sep 15 by Brynmill_Jack

It's a massive problem within the EU legislative process as well. Big corporations have the ready ears of commissioners and ministers. There's enough corruption within the Westminster lobbying process for the British people to put up with let alone Brussels as well.

Here's the video that confirmed my misgivings over the EU machine and helped make my mind up to vote leave.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Hillary Clinton on 18:23 - Sep 15 with 1573 viewsGowerjack

Hillary Clinton on 21:06 - Sep 14 by dailew

You are Pepe the Frog and I claim my $100 dollars.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Hillary Clinton on 18:23 - Sep 15 with 1573 viewstrampie

What no Sally Perdue video.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Hillary Clinton on 20:59 - Sep 15 with 1527 viewsdailew

Here's her latest speech live. Looks in good health.

Hillary Clinton on 02:32 - Sep 16 with 1467 viewsHumpty

Hillary Clinton on 11:35 - Sep 13 by swanjackal

Jimmy Dore....what a horrible vile coward, spitting in a man's face.

TYT is as lunatic as the Fox news media. Both should be given equal billing for craziness.

You're not comparing TYT with Fox News are you?

One is some youtube/radio/two hours of cable telly a day bunch of amateurs.

The other is the most popular cable news Channel in America. Owned by Rupert Murdoch and basically the propaganda arm of the Republican party.

I think I mentioned false equivalency somewhere earlier.

Here's an example.

Dearie me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024