Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Moving East 22:41 - Jun 10 with 3024 viewsMrSwansea

Anybody live east? Thinking of making the jump as bette job prospects etc. What areas are half decent in Cardiff?

Arseholes. The lot of you.
Poll: Who has received a pay rise in line with inflation within the last three years?

Moving East on 22:50 - Jun 10 with 3011 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Commute!!

No need to move

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Moving East on 22:50 - Jun 10 with 3009 viewsLord_Bony

I live in Rhiwbina,Cardiff north these days nr motorway great for travelling.Nice schools etc.

Had to move because of business etc.

Hard being the only Jack in my local but I can live with that.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Moving East on 22:53 - Jun 10 with 2999 viewsMrSwansea

What business is that? I am having a change in career and dropping wages a bit so i think Ribena will be out of my price range.

Commute? No chance - too lazy!

Poll: Who has received a pay rise in line with inflation within the last three years?

Moving East on 23:00 - Jun 10 with 2985 viewsLord_Bony

Moving East on 22:53 - Jun 10 by MrSwansea

What business is that? I am having a change in career and dropping wages a bit so i think Ribena will be out of my price range.

Commute? No chance - too lazy!

I'm saying nothing on here... 😁

But as much as I hate the scummers and their team it's not a bad place to live and work.

Depends what work your looking for really...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Moving East on 23:08 - Jun 10 with 2969 viewsMrSwansea

Probably a good move!

Looking at something between 150-250k and easy links to motorway and city centre. Still young so would like relatively cheap taxi to town. Not sure if this is a reasonable request.

Moving East on 23:19 - Jun 10 with 2944 viewsLord_Bony

Moving East on 23:08 - Jun 10 by MrSwansea

Probably a good move!

Looking at something between 150-250k and easy links to motorway and city centre. Still young so would like relatively cheap taxi to town. Not sure if this is a reasonable request.

Well you'd easily get something nice over the bay in that price range cheap taxi or train into town good link road to motorway..nice place good quality of life there. alternatively try Splott or West Carediff nr Culver house cross.

North cardiff, pontprenau is very near motorway depends if you go mainly East or west.

Moving East on 23:29 - Jun 10 with 2927 viewsKulusBeatFactory

oxymoron

(MrSwansea - ......jump east)
Moving East on 23:38 - Jun 10 with 2918 viewssherpajacob

Moving East on 23:08 - Jun 10 by MrSwansea

Probably a good move!

Lower Penarth.
Trains from cogan or dingle road take 10 minutes to cardiff central.
10 minutes drive to junction 33 M4.

You'll get to cardiff centre quicker than those living in ribena, whitchurch or lisvane.

Best of all, you'll be living in the vale of Glamorgan and not Cardiff.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Login to get fewer ads

Moving East on 23:44 - Jun 10 with 2902 viewssherpajacob

Moving East on 23:38 - Jun 10 by sherpajacob

Lower Penarth.
Trains from cogan or dingle road take 10 minutes to cardiff central.
10 minutes drive to junction 33 M4.

You'll get to cardiff centre quicker than those living in ribena, whitchurch or lisvane.

Best of all, you'll be living in the vale of Glamorgan and not Cardiff.

Mind you, if you're young and single get a flat in Cardiff bay, Atlantic wharf, Windsor quay.

If you don't mind roughing it, and commuting to Cardiff, barry waterfront is cheap

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Moving East on 02:50 - Jun 11 with 2814 viewsLoyal

Moving East on 22:50 - Jun 10 by Lord_Bony

I live in Rhiwbina,Cardiff north these days nr motorway great for travelling.Nice schools etc.

Had to move because of business etc.

Hard being the only Jack in my local but I can live with that.

I bet your not.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Moving East on 10:31 - Jun 11 with 2662 viewsLord_Bony

Moving East on 02:50 - Jun 11 by Loyal

I bet your not.

There's a few closet Jacks in there. Out of curiosity does anyone know if there's a Swansea fan club or travelling jacks type thing in cardiff?

Moving East on 10:39 - Jun 11 with 2651 viewsmonmouth

It's just another Cardiff WUM mun from 'Mr Swansea'

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Moving East on 10:55 - Jun 11 with 2624 viewsLord_Bony

He's alright mun..

Moving East on 10:57 - Jun 11 with 2612 viewsmonmouth

Moving East on 10:55 - Jun 11 by Lord_Bony

He's alright mun..

Aye, I may have mixed him up with someone else.

Nothing wrong with living east. I don't half miss the beaches though.

Moving East on 11:14 - Jun 11 with 2589 viewsmax936

Moving East on 23:00 - Jun 10 by Lord_Bony

I'm saying nothing on here... 😁

But as much as I hate the scummers and their team it's not a bad place to live and work.

Depends what work your looking for really...

Scummers apart Cardiff is a great place it does pain me to say it though.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2016 11:19]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Moving East on 11:22 - Jun 11 with 2580 viewsmax936

Moving East on 10:31 - Jun 11 by Lord_Bony

There's a few closet Jacks in there. Out of curiosity does anyone know if there's a Swansea fan club or travelling jacks type thing in cardiff?

A very nice chap who used to sit next to me in the South lives in Cardiff not sure where though, next time I speak to him I'll ask him, there's quite a few Jacks and Jackeline's up there though I know that.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Moving East on 14:56 - Jun 11 with 2513 viewsswan2016

You want to learn to spell 'better' before applying for any jobs
Moving East on 15:18 - Jun 11 with 2482 viewsblueytheblue

If I was moving from outside Cardiff, when the outskirts and commuting in would be my choice - council have made driving across Cardiff a complete non-enjoyment task.

Pontcanna is central, but very expensive - years ago the luvvie set started invading, driving prices up. Started to creep into Canton too.

It's the same as everywhere really, can get some nice areas within s***holes if you look carefully enough. Where I am is ok enough given the needs, namely easy access to motorway and easy access to UHW.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Moving East on 15:27 - Jun 11 with 2476 viewsmonmouth

Moving East on 15:18 - Jun 11 by blueytheblue

If I was moving from outside Cardiff, when the outskirts and commuting in would be my choice - council have made driving across Cardiff a complete non-enjoyment task.

Pontcanna is central, but very expensive - years ago the luvvie set started invading, driving prices up. Started to creep into Canton too.

It's the same as everywhere really, can get some nice areas within s***holes if you look carefully enough. Where I am is ok enough given the needs, namely easy access to motorway and easy access to UHW.

Wifey was saying she thought up by the reservoir (Lisvane?) had some nice properties. Is that right? I had to explain that if she thought I was ******* moving now, she had lost her ******* marbles.

Well, that's what I meant by 'yes dear' anyway.

Moving East on 15:32 - Jun 11 with 2474 viewsblueytheblue

Moving East on 15:27 - Jun 11 by monmouth

Wifey was saying she thought up by the reservoir (Lisvane?) had some nice properties. Is that right? I had to explain that if she thought I was ******* moving now, she had lost her ******* marbles.

Well, that's what I meant by 'yes dear' anyway.

To be honest I don't really travel around Cardiff that much, just go to the places I need to go. Have heard some good things about some properties around there tho.

If you've serious money, there are some cracking properties in Cyncoed.

The problem we have is the number of new properties that are planned in Cardiff. It's simply expanding when I don't believe the infrastructure is there. It'll take it's toll on schooling, NHS... driving will be more of a nightmare...

Moving East on 15:42 - Jun 11 with 2462 viewsmonmouth

Moving East on 15:32 - Jun 11 by blueytheblue

To be honest I don't really travel around Cardiff that much, just go to the places I need to go. Have heard some good things about some properties around there tho.

If you've serious money, there are some cracking properties in Cyncoed.

The problem we have is the number of new properties that are planned in Cardiff. It's simply expanding when I don't believe the infrastructure is there. It'll take it's toll on schooling, NHS... driving will be more of a nightmare...

Are we're resisting the brainless expansion around here too. WAG has some stupid target for new builds all through Monmouthshire and it's not NIMBY (well I suppose it is also that, if I'm honest) but the roads get gridlocked now and the doctors surgery lists are bursting. The school catchment infighting is a wonder to behold too.

None of that matters of course if you sit in an ivory tower forcing local authorities to comply, and don't have to live with the results. We've just won a battle to stop turning 'The Gateway to the Wye Valley' into 'The Gateway to living like you're in Newport', but I doubt we'll win the war. Developers can wait until they find the right people to bribe.

Moving East on 15:56 - Jun 11 with 2441 viewsblueytheblue

Moving East on 15:42 - Jun 11 by monmouth

Are we're resisting the brainless expansion around here too. WAG has some stupid target for new builds all through Monmouthshire and it's not NIMBY (well I suppose it is also that, if I'm honest) but the roads get gridlocked now and the doctors surgery lists are bursting. The school catchment infighting is a wonder to behold too.

None of that matters of course if you sit in an ivory tower forcing local authorities to comply, and don't have to live with the results. We've just won a battle to stop turning 'The Gateway to the Wye Valley' into 'The Gateway to living like you're in Newport', but I doubt we'll win the war. Developers can wait until they find the right people to bribe.

Sadly true that.

School catchment areas are getting pretty bad right now - not helped by some parents abusing them.

When my work takes me to bristol, I drop my son off at breakfast club at 8am. Head onto A48M to get to M4 - it's often crazy busy. Not just people on at one junction then off the next.

The doctors surgery we're with have been pretty good with us - as wife has lupus, they always fit her in. Like the other day when she had a really bad stomach the GP made a home visit, something they wouldn't do for others. Equally, the surgery is full, aren't taking new people on - there are a lot of students registered. The bulk of missed appointments are purely down to students. Many remain on the list by not registering elsewhere when they move away, meaning permanent residents have to find alternative arrangements.

Moving East on 16:32 - Jun 11 with 2416 viewsMrSwansea

Don't know much about Cardiff apart from the town centre. That is a lot better than what we have down here. As previous poster said, I will miss the beaches though. Barry Island doesn't have the same ring.

Moving East on 16:34 - Jun 11 with 2414 viewsMrSwansea

I have heard that prospective employees are checking late night planet swans contributions.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024