Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer Thread 12:01 - Jun 22 with 142615 viewsairedale

Is it worth making this a sticky one, so we can post as arising mods?

Luca Cigarini - Alalanta

http://www.gazzettaworld.com/news/transfer-market/rumour/swansea-city-enter-race

Simone Zaza - Juventus

https://www.clubcall.com/swansea-city/boss-wants-juve-star-1813393.html

Artur Ionita - Hellas Verona

https://www.clubcall.com/swansea-city/verona-star-linked-1813400.html
Transfer Thread on 16:15 - Jul 12 with 2697 viewstomdickharry

Transfer Thread on 16:07 - Jul 12 by jasper_T

The papers have an interesting view on our transfer strategies.

Think we will go back for someone who has been here before in the strikers department and pay peanuts.
Transfer Thread on 16:19 - Jul 12 with 2671 viewsAustinIsOurHero

The Telegraph reporting that Ayew is looking for a move.
Anyone know if this is true or just paper talk?

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Transfer Thread on 16:28 - Jul 12 with 2628 viewsairedale

Transfer Thread on 16:19 - Jul 12 by AustinIsOurHero

The Telegraph reporting that Ayew is looking for a move.
Anyone know if this is true or just paper talk?

No disrespect to us, but any quality player who comes to us, will do so looking to move on up the ladder. And why not, suits us and them.
Transfer Thread on 16:36 - Jul 12 with 2603 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Transfer Thread on 16:28 - Jul 12 by airedale

No disrespect to us, but any quality player who comes to us, will do so looking to move on up the ladder. And why not, suits us and them.

I don't doubt that. But the way I interpreted that article, it suggested to me that he is unhappy & is pushing for a move. I was simply wondering if anyone could corroborate this?

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Transfer Thread on 16:38 - Jul 12 with 2592 viewsshandyjack

Transfer Thread on 16:36 - Jul 12 by AustinIsOurHero

I don't doubt that. But the way I interpreted that article, it suggested to me that he is unhappy & is pushing for a move. I was simply wondering if anyone could corroborate this?

If he did go, at least we should have £20m to ply with to get another winger and CF in

Poll: Expectation for the season

Transfer Thread on 17:23 - Jul 12 with 2462 viewsairedale

HRK wanted abroad according to this. If true I'd grab it if I were him.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10499684/hal-robson-kanu-wanted-by-
Transfer Thread on 17:51 - Jul 12 with 2410 viewsJango

Transfer Thread on 15:49 - Jul 12 by magicdaps10

Leonardo Ulloa for 10M being mentioned..........NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Hope it is just paper talk, if it has legs then just smells of desperation by the club. When you hear that Boro are after Negredo then surely for a loan we should be after that type of player.

The same Negredo who's scored 10 goals in 55 games for Valenica. And only 9 in 2 seasons for man city? Why do people insist we overspend on big names when they are not even that good. We never have and hopefully never will do it
Transfer Thread on 18:11 - Jul 12 with 2363 viewsyescomeon

Bony off to Turkey on loan. Or has an offer at least.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/1431533/wilfried-bony-set-to-end-manches

Upthecity!

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer Thread on 20:49 - Jul 12 with 2137 viewsairedale

Link to a Cameroon International striker playing in France.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/07/12/report-swansea-city-and-west-bromwich-albio
Transfer Thread on 21:22 - Jul 12 with 2098 viewsGriffting

Ghana web seem to believe we will slap a 40 million pound price tag on Ayew.
Transfer Thread on 21:50 - Jul 12 with 2006 viewsTheKirkyLife

If someone wants to spend £40 million we'd take that money and make the fastest runner we've ever produced
Transfer Thread on 22:03 - Jul 12 with 1966 viewsGriffting

Transfer Thread on 21:50 - Jul 12 by TheKirkyLife

If someone wants to spend £40 million we'd take that money and make the fastest runner we've ever produced

I'd say that but I'd equally say there's no point because wouldn't see it reinvested in quality players for the first team. Same with Bony, made good money but never really replaced him and as a result gone backwards. Southampton sell their best players but rarely will you see them fail to replace who has gone. We need to take a leaf IMO.
Transfer Thread on 22:11 - Jul 12 with 1936 viewsDaggyjack

Transfer Thread on 22:03 - Jul 12 by Griffting

I'd say that but I'd equally say there's no point because wouldn't see it reinvested in quality players for the first team. Same with Bony, made good money but never really replaced him and as a result gone backwards. Southampton sell their best players but rarely will you see them fail to replace who has gone. We need to take a leaf IMO.

100% correct.

I fear that we are getting left behind in terms of signings and also in terms of what price we seem to be willing to pay compared to other clubs...maybe that is a good thing but if we are to compete, I think we need to either buy quality (Bony, Zaza, Gabbiadini) or find a gem (Mahrez).

As for the Cameroonian international, he isn't exactly prolific for them (4 in 32) and hasn't been in France either. We must do better than that.
Transfer Thread on 22:36 - Jul 12 with 1875 viewsLoyal

Transfer Thread on 20:49 - Jul 12 by airedale

Link to a Cameroon International striker playing in France.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/07/12/report-swansea-city-and-west-bromwich-albio

Whenever we get in a race we end up winning the thinking about it trophy.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Transfer Thread on 22:53 - Jul 12 with 1825 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Transfer Thread on 21:50 - Jul 12 by TheKirkyLife

No doubt paid in 17 installments with a £ 3 million downpayment...............................

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Transfer Thread on 23:49 - Jul 12 with 1758 viewsnyc_swans

at this point it's worth considering what the club could actually do in terms of recruitment that would please the masses

the negativity around here regarding any and all movement from the club is as high as i've seen.
Transfer Thread on 23:52 - Jul 12 with 1747 viewsdobjack2

Transfer Thread on 23:49 - Jul 12 by nyc_swans

at this point it's worth considering what the club could actually do in terms of recruitment that would please the masses

the negativity around here regarding any and all movement from the club is as high as i've seen.

Follow through on what the share sale was supposed to do. I.e. Enable us to compete financially with the other clubs in the league.
Transfer Thread on 23:55 - Jul 12 with 1737 viewsGriffting

Couple of scouts with good pedigree would be the best signing of this window I think.
Transfer Thread on 23:59 - Jul 12 with 1728 viewsdobjack2

Transfer Thread on 23:55 - Jul 12 by Griffting

Couple of scouts with good pedigree would be the best signing of this window I think.

Do we actually scout overseas players or is it a case of agents recommendations highlights dvd's and YouTube followed up by someone having a look.
Transfer Thread on 00:08 - Jul 13 with 1703 viewsjasper_T

Transfer Thread on 23:52 - Jul 12 by dobjack2

Follow through on what the share sale was supposed to do. I.e. Enable us to compete financially with the other clubs in the league.

When did anyone suggest this was supposed to happen?
Transfer Thread on 00:14 - Jul 13 with 1686 viewsjasper_T

Transfer Thread on 23:55 - Jul 12 by Griffting

Most scouting these days is done by agencies, and agents peddling their wares. Or playing Football Manager games if you're David Moyes.

Actual boots on the ground scouting isn't that common any more at senior level. Managers, chairmen etc. can get all the information they need without sending their own man out to write a report.
Transfer Thread on 00:34 - Jul 13 with 1658 viewsGriffting

Transfer Thread on 00:14 - Jul 13 by jasper_T

Most scouting these days is done by agencies, and agents peddling their wares. Or playing Football Manager games if you're David Moyes.

Actual boots on the ground scouting isn't that common any more at senior level. Managers, chairmen etc. can get all the information they need without sending their own man out to write a report.

Yeah, I should have said additions to the recruitment system really. Although I can't see Huw sharing the power with anyone or getting rid of Dave Leadbeater, who after a couple of arguably failed transfer windows should be looked at I think.
Transfer Thread on 03:07 - Jul 13 with 1613 viewsLoyal

Transfer Thread on 00:14 - Jul 13 by jasper_T

Swans employ agents to find players at the highest level, we know this.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Transfer Thread on 07:48 - Jul 13 with 1509 viewsdobjack2

Transfer Thread on 00:08 - Jul 13 by jasper_T

When did anyone suggest this was supposed to happen?

I agree with you, it was press speculation from memory but someone was feeding the press. The question was what could the club do to satisfy the masses.
Transfer Thread on 08:42 - Jul 13 with 1441 viewscrix

Swansea are launching a £10m bid to sign Leicester's Leonardo Ulloa, as they prepare for the exits of Andre Ayew and Bafetimbi Gomis. The Daily Telegraph.

Swansea will make a £10m move for Leicester striker Leo Ulloa. The Sun.

well I sure hope these arnt true.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024