Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer Thread 12:01 - Jun 22 with 141703 viewsairedale

Is it worth making this a sticky one, so we can post as arising mods?

Luca Cigarini - Alalanta

http://www.gazzettaworld.com/news/transfer-market/rumour/swansea-city-enter-race

Simone Zaza - Juventus

https://www.clubcall.com/swansea-city/boss-wants-juve-star-1813393.html

Artur Ionita - Hellas Verona

https://www.clubcall.com/swansea-city/verona-star-linked-1813400.html
Transfer Thread on 23:27 - Jul 15 with 3131 viewsGriffting

Transfer Thread on 23:13 - Jul 15 by PozuelosSideys

Pass. Hope Leicester get there first

Well he looked all but set to join lazio before bielsa left. It's one of those I think, where there is a player in there just need someone to get it out of him. Inconsistent at this level. I'd probably reserve judgement until I saw him in the flesh a few times playing for us.

What I don't get is, if you're willing to spend 10 mill with 3 mill add ons on Valencia, why not push your range up to 13/15 million will 4/5 million adds let's say and get someone better and more consistent. im sure there is a striker on the market in that 17/20 million range that would do excellent for us and it's not that much more of a stretch.
Transfer Thread on 23:31 - Jul 15 with 3117 viewshobo

Id rather sign Valencia for £10m than sign Bacca at £29m! I'm not sure what West Ham are doing there
Transfer Thread on 23:46 - Jul 15 with 3061 viewsPozuelosSideys

Transfer Thread on 23:27 - Jul 15 by Griffting

Well he looked all but set to join lazio before bielsa left. It's one of those I think, where there is a player in there just need someone to get it out of him. Inconsistent at this level. I'd probably reserve judgement until I saw him in the flesh a few times playing for us.

What I don't get is, if you're willing to spend 10 mill with 3 mill add ons on Valencia, why not push your range up to 13/15 million will 4/5 million adds let's say and get someone better and more consistent. im sure there is a striker on the market in that 17/20 million range that would do excellent for us and it's not that much more of a stretch.

Never really stood out at West Ham. Seems their fans would prefer to keep Sakho and get rid of Valencia - not a great team player by all accounts.

Agree with the rest of your post too. West Ham are our peers, id feel robbed if we paid that to them for their 3rd or 4th choice striker. Hopefully just paper talk

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Transfer Thread on 00:01 - Jul 16 with 3027 viewsveng9

Transfer Thread on 23:31 - Jul 15 by hobo

Id rather sign Valencia for £10m than sign Bacca at £29m! I'm not sure what West Ham are doing there

Over the last two seasons Bacca has 38 league goals in 5738 minutes. Valencia has 8 in 3117. So a goal every 389 minutes for Valencia and a goal every 151 for Bacca. I'd definitely be ok with spending that much on Bacca over Valencia.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2016 0:03]
Transfer Thread on 01:49 - Jul 16 with 2955 viewsgazza_1234

Transfer Thread on 00:01 - Jul 16 by veng9

Over the last two seasons Bacca has 38 league goals in 5738 minutes. Valencia has 8 in 3117. So a goal every 389 minutes for Valencia and a goal every 151 for Bacca. I'd definitely be ok with spending that much on Bacca over Valencia.

How many of those minutes has Valencia played up top?
[Post edited 16 Jul 2016 1:51]
Transfer Thread on 06:12 - Jul 16 with 2877 viewsDr_Winston

West Ham paid £12m for Valencia. In that time he's scored ten goals in 61 appearances for a decent Hammers side.. Another player signed for an inflated fee on the back of post tournament hype who hasn't really delivered.

Could be a good deal, but we should be looking at a much bigger mark down in price.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Transfer Thread on 08:59 - Jul 16 with 2740 viewshobo

Transfer Thread on 00:01 - Jul 16 by veng9

There's no doubt Bacca is quality - but for a team like West Ham to be paying £29m for someone who is 30 in 2 months and has never played in the UK is madness
Transfer Thread on 09:40 - Jul 16 with 2663 viewsJango

Transfer Thread on 08:59 - Jul 16 by hobo

There's no doubt Bacca is quality - but for a team like West Ham to be paying £29m for someone who is 30 in 2 months and has never played in the UK is madness

He's never been a starter for Columbia due to falcao, who had an even better record than Bacca before coming here. Goals elsewhere don't guarantee goals here. Crazy price for a team like West Ham to be paying for a 30 year old
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer Thread on 09:59 - Jul 16 with 2612 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Transfer Thread on 09:40 - Jul 16 by Jango

He's never been a starter for Columbia due to falcao, who had an even better record than Bacca before coming here. Goals elsewhere don't guarantee goals here. Crazy price for a team like West Ham to be paying for a 30 year old

Let's hope it f*cks them up then

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Transfer Thread on 10:28 - Jul 16 with 2564 viewsDaggyjack

I would definitely consider Mario Gomez from Fiorentina.
Had a great season in Turkey last year, had a decent Euros, Fiorentina aren't going to play him now that they plan to use Rossi in the striking role now that he's fit and firing again ( we should have gone for Rossi last January).
Gomez would also be available for a snip £5 million I reckon.
Transfer Thread on 11:13 - Jul 16 with 2499 viewsdobjack2

Transfer Thread on 06:12 - Jul 16 by Dr_Winston

West Ham paid £12m for Valencia. In that time he's scored ten goals in 61 appearances for a decent Hammers side.. Another player signed for an inflated fee on the back of post tournament hype who hasn't really delivered.

Could be a good deal, but we should be looking at a much bigger mark down in price.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Valencia looks like a winger trying to play up front. We've got one of them already and he scores more goals than Valencia.

Valencia has also had injury problems so especially for the money being quoted I hope that it's all paper talk which is what his agent said a month ago in relation to us.
Transfer Thread on 13:17 - Jul 16 with 2369 viewslondonlisa2001

Transfer Thread on 19:45 - Jul 14 by tomdickharry

Do get the feeling that we will sign a striker that has been here before.

If there is any truth in the rumour that a certain Spanish striker who plays for Getafe is coming back here I think I may laugh - a lot. Not quite as much as I did when I heard he was going to Arsenal perhaps.
Transfer Thread on 13:29 - Jul 16 with 2341 viewshobo

Transfer Thread on 13:17 - Jul 16 by londonlisa2001

If there is any truth in the rumour that a certain Spanish striker who plays for Getafe is coming back here I think I may laugh - a lot. Not quite as much as I did when I heard he was going to Arsenal perhaps.

I doubt we'd have much chance of getting Vazquez. He's been linked with Arsenal recently
[Post edited 16 Jul 2016 13:29]
Transfer Thread on 13:31 - Jul 16 with 2334 viewsmax936

Not the all conquering striker that is Alvaro Vazquez, he'll be a great addition to the banqueting suite. is he trained in silver service

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Transfer Thread on 14:00 - Jul 16 with 2270 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Transfer Thread on 13:31 - Jul 16 by max936

Not the all conquering striker that is Alvaro Vazquez, he'll be a great addition to the banqueting suite. is he trained in silver service

Oh great, perched can call him a coward for not sticking his head in the way of a flying boot. Another reason for the most baneful poster on PS to moan. He'll be delighted

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Transfer Thread on 15:34 - Jul 16 with 2027 viewsairedale

The Post is saying that Lazio want to rent Valencia whilst we have steamed in with cash.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/swansea-city-gossip-swans-trump-lazio-in
Transfer Thread on 16:51 - Jul 16 with 1882 viewstomdickharry

The area of Iberian Peninsula has produced some great strikers.
Transfer Thread on 17:28 - Jul 16 with 1827 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

I've never said this about transfers before and ways had a cool head with our transfers

But

I wish they'd pull their fingers out and get a decent centreforward in ASAP .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Transfer Thread on 17:55 - Jul 16 with 1763 viewsGriffting

Truth is, no one knows how a player will do when he goes to new club. There is undoubted ability in a player like Valencia but he hasn't shown it consistently in the prem, he started okay and if I remember got injured a couple of times which put him out of contention. Then last year Bilic didn't seem rate him but I think Bilic likes a big man up top. It's hard to say if he will gain consistency with us or not, the funny thing is, is that if this transfer was being touted at 5-7 million I'd think it was a decent signing, but because it's that bit more I feel more apprehensive. Sakho would probably be a better signing, that is if we are intending for Valencia to play up top, could be bringing him in as a winger.
Transfer Thread on 19:18 - Jul 16 with 1633 viewsskippyjack

I have just stumbled upon some of the top scorers around Europe with 10+ goals last season who have not been bought and are under 30..

Belgium..

Gohi Bi Zoro Cyriac
Abdoulay Diaby
Laurent Depoitre
Sven Kums (midfielder)
Jelle Vossen
Knowledge Musona
Ivan Santini
Zinho Gano (22 years old)

France

Wissam Ben Yedder (Improving all the time)
Valère Germain
Benjamin Moukandjo
Andy Delort
Martin Braithwaite
Abdul Majeed Waris
Sofiane Boufal (midfielder)
Ronny Rodelin
Anatole Ngamukol
Gaëtan Courtet
Júlio Tavares
Loïs Diony (23, 6ft+)
Steve Mounié (21, 6ft+)
Nuno da Costa

Germany

Anthony Modeste
Yunus Mallı (midfielder)
Nils Petersen
Niclas Füllkrug (23, 6ft+)
Vincenzo Grifo (midfield)
Guido Burgstaller (midfield)
Damir Kreilach (midfield)
Fabian Klos
Robert Leipertz (23, 6ft+)
Kerem Demirbay (23, midfielder)
Davie Selke (21, 6ft+)

Netherlands

Luuk De Jong
Sébastien Haller (22, 6ft+)
Hakim Ziyech (23, midfielder)
Mike Havenaar
Michiel Kramer
Lars Veldwijk
Markus Henriksen (23, midfielder)
Erik Falkenburg (midfielder)
Gastón Pereiro (21, midfielder)
Davy Pröpper (midfielder)
Mitchell te Vrede
Valeri Qazaishvili (23, midfielder)

Portugal

Léo Bonatini (22, 6ft+)
Rafael Martins
André Claro
Dyego Sousa
Henrique Dourado
Hassan Kouka
Nikola Stojiljković

Russia

Fyodor Smolov
Quincy Promes
Pavel Mamayev (midfielder)

Spain

Borja Baston (probably out of our reach now)
Lucas Pérez
Iago Aspas
Imanol Agirretxe
Jonathan Viera (midfielder, mentioned him multiple times)
Sergio León
Florin Andone
Juan Villar
Quique
Nano (21)
Roberto Torres (midfielder)
Alexander Szymanowski
Álex Alegría (23, 6ft+)
Fidel Chaves (winger)
Alfredo Ortuño
Lago Junior
Anthony Lozano

Italy

Leonardo Pavoletti
Andrea Belotti (22)
Antonio Candreva
Massimo Coda
Diego Farias
João Pedro (midfielder)
Benjamin Mokulu
Federico Ricci
Fillip Raicevic
Cesar Falletti (midfielder)

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Transfer Thread on 19:40 - Jul 16 with 1578 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Transfer Thread on 19:18 - Jul 16 by skippyjack

I have just stumbled upon some of the top scorers around Europe with 10+ goals last season who have not been bought and are under 30..

Belgium..

Gohi Bi Zoro Cyriac
Abdoulay Diaby
Laurent Depoitre
Sven Kums (midfielder)
Jelle Vossen
Knowledge Musona
Ivan Santini
Zinho Gano (22 years old)

France

Wissam Ben Yedder (Improving all the time)
Valère Germain
Benjamin Moukandjo
Andy Delort
Martin Braithwaite
Abdul Majeed Waris
Sofiane Boufal (midfielder)
Ronny Rodelin
Anatole Ngamukol
Gaëtan Courtet
Júlio Tavares
Loïs Diony (23, 6ft+)
Steve Mounié (21, 6ft+)
Nuno da Costa

Germany

Anthony Modeste
Yunus Mallı (midfielder)
Nils Petersen
Niclas Füllkrug (23, 6ft+)
Vincenzo Grifo (midfield)
Guido Burgstaller (midfield)
Damir Kreilach (midfield)
Fabian Klos
Robert Leipertz (23, 6ft+)
Kerem Demirbay (23, midfielder)
Davie Selke (21, 6ft+)

Netherlands

Luuk De Jong
Sébastien Haller (22, 6ft+)
Hakim Ziyech (23, midfielder)
Mike Havenaar
Michiel Kramer
Lars Veldwijk
Markus Henriksen (23, midfielder)
Erik Falkenburg (midfielder)
Gastón Pereiro (21, midfielder)
Davy Pröpper (midfielder)
Mitchell te Vrede
Valeri Qazaishvili (23, midfielder)

Portugal

Léo Bonatini (22, 6ft+)
Rafael Martins
André Claro
Dyego Sousa
Henrique Dourado
Hassan Kouka
Nikola Stojiljković

Russia

Fyodor Smolov
Quincy Promes
Pavel Mamayev (midfielder)

Spain

Borja Baston (probably out of our reach now)
Lucas Pérez
Iago Aspas
Imanol Agirretxe
Jonathan Viera (midfielder, mentioned him multiple times)
Sergio León
Florin Andone
Juan Villar
Quique
Nano (21)
Roberto Torres (midfielder)
Alexander Szymanowski
Álex Alegría (23, 6ft+)
Fidel Chaves (winger)
Alfredo Ortuño
Lago Junior
Anthony Lozano

Italy

Leonardo Pavoletti
Andrea Belotti (22)
Antonio Candreva
Massimo Coda
Diego Farias
João Pedro (midfielder)
Benjamin Mokulu
Federico Ricci
Fillip Raicevic
Cesar Falletti (midfielder)

Baston
Still not tied down

Lump on 😄

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Transfer Thread on 19:42 - Jul 16 with 1576 viewsmagicdaps10

Done your work there skippy.

Players who really call out there are
Davie Selke-A lump of the a striker, there is real belief in Germany that he will become the eventual national no 9. Certainly someone who could come in and within our reach.Impressive record in under age level with Germany

Zinho Gano-Another big guy, pundits in Belgium think he will be the next big striking export to hit one of the big leagues.

Both these players would be ideal as a player to come in and push/support a bigger name striker, Selke is probably the best option out of the two.

Other interesting ones are
Svan Kums-A playmaking midfield who dictates a game very well and a set piece specalist. No youngster but a very intelligent footballer.
Valeri Qazaishvili- A box of tricks who can play out wide and central with an eye for goal.

Always think that it is worth signing a couple of players like the above mentioned, their fee would be minimal in premier league terms and if they succeed then there could be a good fee if sold on.

Andrea Bellotti is a player we should certainly be looking at getting in. If we got him and Selke then we would be in business.

I would mention Ziyech, think the majority of people know he is quality.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Transfer Thread on 19:45 - Jul 16 with 1567 viewsmagicdaps10

Transfer Thread on 19:40 - Jul 16 by oh_tommy_tommy

Baston
Still not tied down

Lump on 😄

Could have signed him for around 3-5M last year................this year he will be closer to 10-12M.

Mind you, if Batashuayi was up for it then we would have got him for 5M a couple of seasons back AND not forget Payet turned us down after a fee of around 5-7M was agreed.

Funny how close we have come to getting a diamond in, far before the other clubs were pushing for them.

Transfer Thread on 19:54 - Jul 16 with 1535 viewsskippyjack

Transfer Thread on 19:42 - Jul 16 by magicdaps10

Done your work there skippy.

Players who really call out there are
Davie Selke-A lump of the a striker, there is real belief in Germany that he will become the eventual national no 9. Certainly someone who could come in and within our reach.Impressive record in under age level with Germany

Zinho Gano-Another big guy, pundits in Belgium think he will be the next big striking export to hit one of the big leagues.

Both these players would be ideal as a player to come in and push/support a bigger name striker, Selke is probably the best option out of the two.

Other interesting ones are
Svan Kums-A playmaking midfield who dictates a game very well and a set piece specalist. No youngster but a very intelligent footballer.
Valeri Qazaishvili- A box of tricks who can play out wide and central with an eye for goal.

Always think that it is worth signing a couple of players like the above mentioned, their fee would be minimal in premier league terms and if they succeed then there could be a good fee if sold on.

Andrea Bellotti is a player we should certainly be looking at getting in. If we got him and Selke then we would be in business.

I would mention Ziyech, think the majority of people know he is quality.

Selke would cost 10 million+.. We won't take risks like that.

Leo Bonatini is the one I'd sign.. His finishing is fantastic, technically unbelievable for a big man.

or Borja Baston.. but of a donkey mind.. but scores.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Transfer Thread on 20:03 - Jul 16 with 1519 viewsmagicdaps10

Transfer Thread on 19:54 - Jul 16 by skippyjack

Selke would cost 10 million+.. We won't take risks like that.

Leo Bonatini is the one I'd sign.. His finishing is fantastic, technically unbelievable for a big man.

or Borja Baston.. but of a donkey mind.. but scores.

Selke would be nowhere near 10M, if he has a good Olympics it might get close to that figure but he wont cost that amount.

Bonatini, is he brazilia........could be work permit issues.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024