Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer Thread 12:01 - Jun 22 with 140581 viewsairedale

Is it worth making this a sticky one, so we can post as arising mods?

Luca Cigarini - Alalanta

http://www.gazzettaworld.com/news/transfer-market/rumour/swansea-city-enter-race

Simone Zaza - Juventus

https://www.clubcall.com/swansea-city/boss-wants-juve-star-1813393.html

Artur Ionita - Hellas Verona

https://www.clubcall.com/swansea-city/verona-star-linked-1813400.html
Transfer Thread on 12:29 - Jul 20 with 2321 viewsshandyjack

Transfer Thread on 12:19 - Jul 20 by Murph75

I'd be tempted to cash in on him. Only downside with that is I don't trust the board to re invest the money.

problem is if we lose Ayew, then we lose a guaranteed 10+ goals whether he played out wide or up top, and we have to then trust the board to bring someone in who can replace those goals.
Also his utility is vital to a small squad, lose Ayew and you need to sign a player of his ilk or 2 players to cover his wide position and his Cf position
[Post edited 20 Jul 2016 12:30]

Poll: Expectation for the season

Transfer Thread on 12:33 - Jul 20 with 2309 viewsMurph75

Transfer Thread on 12:29 - Jul 20 by shandyjack

problem is if we lose Ayew, then we lose a guaranteed 10+ goals whether he played out wide or up top, and we have to then trust the board to bring someone in who can replace those goals.
Also his utility is vital to a small squad, lose Ayew and you need to sign a player of his ilk or 2 players to cover his wide position and his Cf position
[Post edited 20 Jul 2016 12:30]

I think his utility is part of our problem with him. When plays anywhere else other than up top our shape goes to pot.
Transfer Thread on 12:44 - Jul 20 with 2272 viewsshandyjack

Transfer Thread on 12:33 - Jul 20 by Murph75

I think his utility is part of our problem with him. When plays anywhere else other than up top our shape goes to pot.

i agree he does unbalance us when he plays there, but if we had a better quality of RB of don't think we'd notice it so much.
A player of Ayew's ability is hard to come by (i.e someone who has a natural ability to get on the end of things), he's only 26 and will only get better for us.

Transfer Thread on 12:54 - Jul 20 with 2246 viewsMatthew_117

Transfer Thread on 12:19 - Jul 20 by Murph75

I'd be tempted to cash in on him. Only downside with that is I don't trust the board to re invest the money.

I'm not sure I trust the board to set an appropriate fee if he were to leave
Transfer Thread on 13:00 - Jul 20 with 2215 viewsJango

Transfer Thread on 12:44 - Jul 20 by shandyjack

i agree he does unbalance us when he plays there, but if we had a better quality of RB of don't think we'd notice it so much.
A player of Ayew's ability is hard to come by (i.e someone who has a natural ability to get on the end of things), he's only 26 and will only get better for us.

Exactly. You don't see arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs even man city playing with out and out wingers. Ayew would be fine out in a wider position if we had better fullbacks
Transfer Thread on 13:39 - Jul 20 with 2141 viewsMurph75

Transfer Thread on 12:44 - Jul 20 by shandyjack

Here's another spin on it.

Maybe its Ayew who makes whoever is playing full back look limited? And not the other way around.

He strikes me as a fairly selfcentred individual who will always put his own needs ahead of the team.
Transfer Thread on 13:51 - Jul 20 with 2106 viewsveng9

Transfer Thread on 13:39 - Jul 20 by Murph75

Maybe its Ayew who makes whoever is playing full back look limited? And not the other way around.

He strikes me as a fairly selfcentred individual who will always put his own needs ahead of the team.

That maybe the case but our right backs looked limited with or without Ayew last season
[Post edited 20 Jul 2016 13:52]
Transfer Thread on 14:08 - Jul 20 with 2058 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Mario Gomez has been told he is leaving Fiorentena, is available for about £6m and we've been after him before. A bit of a risk at 31 but looked decent at the euros
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer Thread on 14:16 - Jul 20 with 2039 viewsshandyjack

strange isn't it how people see things differently. I think he's superb team player, can always see him talking and instructing those around him. Works hard where ever he is asked to play on the pitch

Transfer Thread on 14:31 - Jul 20 with 1997 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Transfer Thread on 14:16 - Jul 20 by shandyjack

strange isn't it how people see things differently. I think he's superb team player, can always see him talking and instructing those around him. Works hard where ever he is asked to play on the pitch

The Everton game proved that for me, he chased everything down
Transfer Thread on 14:46 - Jul 20 with 1964 viewstomdickharry

Probably a plus mark for Ayew that we are missing is that last season was his first in the PL,no question a culture shock in footballing terms from the French League,next season when he knows what to expect we should see the best if him.
Transfer Thread on 15:01 - Jul 20 with 1935 viewsblaine_scfc

I really don't get how people say to cash in on him. We don't look like we are doing much in the market, we haven't even confirmed the takeover yet. It would be footballing suicide. We will be relying on him and Gylfi even more next season than we did this.
Transfer Thread on 15:11 - Jul 20 with 1906 viewsThornburyswan

Transfer Thread on 14:16 - Jul 20 by shandyjack

Broadly agree with that although if we want the best out of both Siggy & Ayew then, for me, they both have to play centrally behind a single striker in either a 4-3-2-1 (Xmas tree) with the full backs providing any width & @ least 2 defensively skilled midfielders or in a 5-1-3-1 or 5-1-2-2 again with full backs providing the width & 2 up top at home/vs weaker teams.

Both are fine IF you have capable full backs - for me only Kingsley or a younger Rangel fit that - & a physical hold-up striker in the one-up version.
Transfer Thread on 15:13 - Jul 20 with 1897 viewsGriffting

No chance.

The space Ayew creates out wide by dragging defenders inside would be an athletic/attacking fullbacks wet dream. If we had a fullback in the mold of Kyle walker he would have an absolute field day up and down our right hand side. Rangel is more intricate, likes a one-two, pass and move to get in behind. Naughton likes to cross from deep, haven't really seen enough from him in attack although he has been good on the occasion he has got himself into a decent postions in the final 3rd. For me, he doesn't push up high enough in attack. Just a clash of playing styles really.
Transfer Thread on 16:06 - Jul 20 with 1818 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Transfer Thread on 15:11 - Jul 20 by Thornburyswan

Broadly agree with that although if we want the best out of both Siggy & Ayew then, for me, they both have to play centrally behind a single striker in either a 4-3-2-1 (Xmas tree) with the full backs providing any width & @ least 2 defensively skilled midfielders or in a 5-1-3-1 or 5-1-2-2 again with full backs providing the width & 2 up top at home/vs weaker teams.

Both are fine IF you have capable full backs - for me only Kingsley or a younger Rangel fit that - & a physical hold-up striker in the one-up version.

Not for me, they both look at their best when fast attacking wingers are played, the wingers shift defenders making space for Siggy & Ayew to move into to receive the ball from the wings or mid field.
Or the wingers get behind the defenders, drawing them away from the middle and then putting the crosses in for them to get on the end of.
There are very few Wing Backs as good as outright wingers, although England have 2 on the right hand side.
Transfer Thread on 16:17 - Jul 20 with 1781 viewsskippyjack

I think Ayew is fine as a false winger.. If we can go to a 5221 formation with two wingbacks.. The balance of the team will be sorted, and we'll still have an outlet on the wings.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Transfer Thread on 16:35 - Jul 20 with 1726 viewsjasper_T

Transfer Thread on 15:11 - Jul 20 by Thornburyswan

Ayew has been garbage very time he played in behind a striker for us.

He moves there when he plays as a winger, but he's hardly been effective doing it. Nowhere near the invention of craft of Gylfi. Even Cork creates more in that area.

His best work has been done either leading the line or defending/holding the ball up in wide areas.
N/A. on 16:37 - Jul 20 with 1712 viewsHuw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 0:17]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Transfer Thread on 16:59 - Jul 20 with 1668 viewsmagicdaps10

Linked with a 15M move for Nacer Chadli.

Would rather if we were in the market for an attacking midfielder that we would go for Ziyech.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Transfer Thread on 17:07 - Jul 20 with 1645 viewsairedale

Transfer Thread on 16:59 - Jul 20 by magicdaps10

Linked with a 15M move for Nacer Chadli.

Would rather if we were in the market for an attacking midfielder that we would go for Ziyech.

Weren't we linked with him a couple of years ago?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-make-move-nacer-cha
Transfer Thread on 17:13 - Jul 20 with 1620 viewsnyc_swans

Transfer Thread on 17:07 - Jul 20 by airedale

Weren't we linked with him a couple of years ago?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-make-move-nacer-cha

yes, i remember him being linked before he signed for spurs.

i think this would be a good signing. a winger/creative player who can score goals and put in a cross. he looked class a couple years ago at spurs.

add him and a couple center forwards, and all of a sudden the attack is looking good.
Transfer Thread on 17:18 - Jul 20 with 1602 viewsJango

Very much doubt we'd go to anywhere near £15million for him. He'd improve us massively but for that fee we'd need to be spending it on other positions first, Unless of course these Americans are planning on investing a large sum in the squad. I like him tho, very good player
Transfer Thread on 17:19 - Jul 20 with 1598 viewsjasper_T

Chadli is good and would have had way more success had he come to us in the first place. Like Gylfi, found himself in too competitive a squad at Spurs.

Shown enough to prove he can cut it at this level. Would be a great signing.
Transfer Thread on 17:25 - Jul 20 with 1576 viewsairedale

Transfer Thread on 17:13 - Jul 20 by nyc_swans

yes, i remember him being linked before he signed for spurs.

i think this would be a good signing. a winger/creative player who can score goals and put in a cross. he looked class a couple years ago at spurs.

add him and a couple center forwards, and all of a sudden the attack is looking good.

Lots of Wonga though, £15m ish for him plus 10 - 15 mill each for the strikers, plus wherever else, say a full back. Shows that the club seems to be moving up the ladder generally though. It was not so long ago I was on the verge of anti depressants because that Robinson bloke left.
Transfer Thread on 17:30 - Jul 20 with 1552 viewsLord_Bony

Jazz Richards now playing as a scummer.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024