Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer Thread 12:01 - Jun 22 with 141826 viewsairedale

Is it worth making this a sticky one, so we can post as arising mods?

Luca Cigarini - Alalanta

http://www.gazzettaworld.com/news/transfer-market/rumour/swansea-city-enter-race

Simone Zaza - Juventus

https://www.clubcall.com/swansea-city/boss-wants-juve-star-1813393.html

Artur Ionita - Hellas Verona

https://www.clubcall.com/swansea-city/verona-star-linked-1813400.html
Transfer Thread on 17:31 - Jul 20 with 2228 viewsGriffting

Transfer Thread on 17:07 - Jul 20 by airedale

Weren't we linked with him a couple of years ago?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-make-move-nacer-cha

Yup - linked before he went to Spurs, had the fee agreed but he turned us down to wait for a better offer. Probably would do the same again.

Cant say I wouldn't be thrilled if we managed to get him, great player at our level. A three of chadli/siggy/Ayew behind a striker would be something I'd like to see a lot. 15 million would be good business in my opinion. Can't see us spending 15 mil on Chadli, 10-15 mill on a striker and 10-12 million on Allen though.
N/A. on 17:33 - Jul 20 with 2217 viewsHuw57

Transfer Thread on 17:31 - Jul 20 by Griffting

Yup - linked before he went to Spurs, had the fee agreed but he turned us down to wait for a better offer. Probably would do the same again.

Cant say I wouldn't be thrilled if we managed to get him, great player at our level. A three of chadli/siggy/Ayew behind a striker would be something I'd like to see a lot. 15 million would be good business in my opinion. Can't see us spending 15 mil on Chadli, 10-15 mill on a striker and 10-12 million on Allen though.

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 0:16]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Transfer Thread on 17:34 - Jul 20 with 2201 viewsdobjack2

Transfer Thread on 17:13 - Jul 20 by nyc_swans

yes, i remember him being linked before he signed for spurs.

i think this would be a good signing. a winger/creative player who can score goals and put in a cross. he looked class a couple years ago at spurs.

add him and a couple center forwards, and all of a sudden the attack is looking good.

Think that we also tried to get him on loan from Spurs as well but he turned the idea down.
Transfer Thread on 17:43 - Jul 20 with 2170 viewsGriffting

I think it's safe to say we have a good relationship with Spurs as well, probably the most out of all the Prem big boys.
Transfer Thread on 17:50 - Jul 20 with 2140 viewsairedale

Transfer Thread on 17:43 - Jul 20 by Griffting

I think it's safe to say we have a good relationship with Spurs as well, probably the most out of all the Prem big boys.

Down to the player at the end of the day though.
Transfer Thread on 17:54 - Jul 20 with 2125 viewsGriffting

Transfer Thread on 17:50 - Jul 20 by airedale

Down to the player at the end of the day though.

Hopefully have a word with gylfi, ben, Michel and Kyle before he made a decision this time
Transfer Thread on 18:24 - Jul 20 with 2055 viewsDaggyjack

See that Athletico Madrid are looking to buy Higuain, so I'd definitely consider bidding for Baston as our back up striker, good goal per game ratio, 18 in 36 for Eibar last year in La Liga and would be fairly cheap to buy.
Transfer Thread on 19:07 - Jul 20 with 1968 viewsLandore_Jack

What a signing by Boro.

Negredo on a season-long loan.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36848286

#backtojack

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer Thread on 19:09 - Jul 20 with 1952 viewsLandore_Jack

Chadli? Yes please.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-plan-reco

#backtojack

Transfer Thread on 19:20 - Jul 20 with 1910 viewsskippyjack

Transfer Thread on 19:07 - Jul 20 by Landore_Jack

What a signing by Boro.

They've made some cracking signings..

Valdes
Barragan
Espinosa
Viktor Fischer
Negredo

and possibly Gaston Ramirez

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Transfer Thread on 19:29 - Jul 20 with 1876 viewsMurph75

Transfer Thread on 19:07 - Jul 20 by Landore_Jack

What a signing by Boro.

Jury is out on this one for me. He struggled in this league playing for a top 4 team. It will be interesting to see how he gets on in a team that's just come up.
Transfer Thread on 19:34 - Jul 20 with 1855 viewsairedale

Transfer Thread on 16:59 - Jul 20 by magicdaps10

Linked with a 15M move for Nacer Chadli.

Would rather if we were in the market for an attacking midfielder that we would go for Ziyech.

Some people think it would be a good move, for Spurs.

http://playingfor90.com/2016/07/20/tottenham-shouldnt-hesitate-to-accept-swansea
Transfer Thread on 19:36 - Jul 20 with 1848 viewsAnotherJohn

Not so keen on Chadli at £15m. I noticed the author of a Spurs blog saying he'd drive him down personally if there are mugs in this world who would pay them double the £7m they laid out after three poor seasons. I'd bite at about £8m, but think we could get more for £15m. Of course the fee may be paper talk.
Transfer Thread on 19:48 - Jul 20 with 1810 viewsJango

Transfer Thread on 19:36 - Jul 20 by AnotherJohn

Not so keen on Chadli at £15m. I noticed the author of a Spurs blog saying he'd drive him down personally if there are mugs in this world who would pay them double the £7m they laid out after three poor seasons. I'd bite at about £8m, but think we could get more for £15m. Of course the fee may be paper talk.

Loan bid maybe, cover his wages.
Transfer Thread on 19:58 - Jul 20 with 1785 viewsmagicdaps10

I would be happy with Nacer Chadli but at 15M, no!!

Goes to show how stupid things are when he is being valued at the same amount as Andre Ayew. If Chadli is worth 15M then Ayew is atleast 25M!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Transfer Thread on 20:19 - Jul 20 with 1693 viewsGriffting

Don't get the hype over negredo, reported to be on massive wages, 19 goals in 3 season and one of them included stint at man city. Gomis has 13 goals in 2 seasons playing for a side that arguably doesn't create as many chances.. And we know how well he's played! Jury is definitely out, might come and do well you never know but I think it's a big risk.
Transfer Thread on 20:53 - Jul 20 with 1610 viewsnyc_swans

Transfer Thread on 21:10 - Jul 20 with 1557 viewsGriffting

Transfer Thread on 20:53 - Jul 20 by nyc_swans

On a personal level, Id be absolutely gutted if Stoke get Allen. Couldn't hate that team anymore as it stands already. There's the asking price so go and match it Huw FFS.
Transfer Thread on 21:11 - Jul 20 with 1545 viewsDr_Winston

Transfer Thread on 21:10 - Jul 20 by Griffting

On a personal level, Id be absolutely gutted if Stoke get Allen. Couldn't hate that team anymore as it stands already. There's the asking price so go and match it Huw FFS.

Do we need Joe Allen badly enough that using £13m of our transfer budget to get him makes sense?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Transfer Thread on 21:17 - Jul 20 with 1506 viewsmagicdaps10

Hate Stoke but you have to give it to them, Joe Allen 13M and they are pursuing Berhaino and reports of nigh on 20M for him.

Its not good signs for us and certainly going to dampen spirits with the fans. Really dont know what is going on with our player recruitment.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Transfer Thread on 21:21 - Jul 20 with 1481 viewsairedale

Transfer Thread on 21:11 - Jul 20 by Dr_Winston

Do we need Joe Allen badly enough that using £13m of our transfer budget to get him makes sense?

IMO, no.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2016 9:05]
Transfer Thread on 21:25 - Jul 20 with 1450 viewsDr_Winston

Transfer Thread on 21:21 - Jul 20 by airedale

IMO, no.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2016 9:05]

We've got more pressing needs than to spend that kind of cash on a central midfielder, of which we've already got plenty.

Some of the panicky nonsense is bordering on the absurd.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Transfer Thread on 21:28 - Jul 20 with 1428 viewsGriffting

Transfer Thread on 21:11 - Jul 20 by Dr_Winston

Valuations of players have gone up, he's tried and tested in the premier league and that's the going rate for Players of his ability this summer. We're only going to get places if we keep up with the times, that's not saying go and spunk 100 million but we're going to have to spend more than the 10-15 odd million we usually spend in the summer at some point. In my opinion, if our midfield partnership is intended to be Leroy Fer and Jack Cork for this season then I've got to say it's not good enough. I accepted the fer signing on grounds he would be competition for a better centre mid, but now I'm not really sure. Perhaps he is intended to be first choice.
Transfer Thread on 21:29 - Jul 20 with 1420 viewsChief

Transfer Thread on 21:25 - Jul 20 by Dr_Winston

We've got more pressing needs than to spend that kind of cash on a central midfielder, of which we've already got plenty.

Some of the panicky nonsense is bordering on the absurd.

personally, I'd rather sign him for that type of cash rather than not sign anyone of note

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Transfer Thread on 21:32 - Jul 20 with 1390 viewsDr_Winston

Transfer Thread on 21:28 - Jul 20 by Griffting

Valuations of players have gone up, he's tried and tested in the premier league and that's the going rate for Players of his ability this summer. We're only going to get places if we keep up with the times, that's not saying go and spunk 100 million but we're going to have to spend more than the 10-15 odd million we usually spend in the summer at some point. In my opinion, if our midfield partnership is intended to be Leroy Fer and Jack Cork for this season then I've got to say it's not good enough. I accepted the fer signing on grounds he would be competition for a better centre mid, but now I'm not really sure. Perhaps he is intended to be first choice.

Fer, Ki, Britton & Cork. Enough decent cover there for two positions that spending £13m is simply a reckless use of finite transfer cash. At £8m or so then signing Allen might be worthwhile. If Liverpool want most of their money back on a player they clearly don't want anymore then some other mug can pay it.

If we're going to be spending eight figures on someone this summer it needs to be a striker, or goalscoring winger.

This post has been edited by an administrator

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024