Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer Thread 12:01 - Jun 22 with 142507 viewsairedale

Is it worth making this a sticky one, so we can post as arising mods?

Luca Cigarini - Alalanta

http://www.gazzettaworld.com/news/transfer-market/rumour/swansea-city-enter-race

Simone Zaza - Juventus

https://www.clubcall.com/swansea-city/boss-wants-juve-star-1813393.html

Artur Ionita - Hellas Verona

https://www.clubcall.com/swansea-city/verona-star-linked-1813400.html
Transfer Thread on 23:09 - Jul 21 with 3476 viewsGriffting

Transfer Thread on 23:00 - Jul 21 by PozuelosSideys

That will tell us all we need to know. As Monmouth says, we will sell for that. If it happens, i suspect carnage will ensue.

Yes, probably with a payment structure of 100 instalments of 250 k over 10 years. Thing is, what's he worth to us? Survival? If we're going off last year anyway. So that's 100 million straight off. We should rebuff any offers and give him a nice big new deal. If he went there would he play? I think he's better than Barkley but Barkley is very highly rated there and I can't see him displacing him.
Transfer Thread on 23:17 - Jul 21 with 3444 viewsmajorraglan

Transfer Thread on 23:09 - Jul 21 by Griffting

Yes, probably with a payment structure of 100 instalments of 250 k over 10 years. Thing is, what's he worth to us? Survival? If we're going off last year anyway. So that's 100 million straight off. We should rebuff any offers and give him a nice big new deal. If he went there would he play? I think he's better than Barkley but Barkley is very highly rated there and I can't see him displacing him.

Could Barkley be on the move for big money? Looking further down the line, the Brexit vote could change the landscape with regards to eligibility to play in the Premier League and lots of Europeans who currently ply their trade here may no longer be able to get work permits. Is someone lining up Barkley? Is Brexit the reason the club are tying down some of its more talented British youngsters on long term contracts?
[Post edited 21 Jul 2016 23:30]
Transfer Thread on 23:29 - Jul 21 with 3382 viewsPozuelosSideys

Transfer Thread on 23:17 - Jul 21 by majorraglan

Could Barkley be on the move for big money? Looking further down the line, the Brexit vote could change the landscape with regards to eligibility to play in the Premier League and lots of Europeans who currently ply their trade here may no longer be able to get work permits. Is someone lining up Barkley? Is Brexit the reason the club are tying down some of its more talented British youngsters on long term contracts?
[Post edited 21 Jul 2016 23:30]

Thats the thing though. Players like Gylfi would have no problem getting permits as they would meet the eligibility criteria in terms of appearences at national level. Reverting European inbounds to have to meet the same criteria as Non-EU would dispropotionately effectively teams like us. No cheapos or unknowns. Michu for example probably would have struggled to get a permit.

Hopefully it wouldnt be that strict

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Transfer Thread on 23:36 - Jul 21 with 3346 viewsUplandsJack

Transfer Thread on 22:56 - Jul 21 by monmouth

We would sell for that, sans doot.

There would be carnage if we sold Siggy for any amount let alone a measly £25 million....
Christ as another has stated he was the major reason for staying up last season so that values him at at least £100 million.
Realistically I accept everyone has their price but honestly in today's crazy pricing he's got to be worth double that offer at the very least. That would at least give us half a chance to go find a replacement and possibly a striker too.
Transfer Thread on 04:03 - Jul 22 with 3237 viewskyswans

Posted in the other thread, but if Gylfi does leave, we've got to learn from the Bony sale.

Have to get significant cash right away to spend on a replacement in the first team. Ziyech would get my vote.

Then we've got to spend big elsewhere. Sign Joey, Chadli, Ings, Baston.

Just can't see all that happening with three weeks until the season starts.
Transfer Thread on 06:40 - Jul 22 with 3181 viewsAussieSwan

This "likelihood" scale was posted on the Sky Sports transfer blog, and has Allen rated as a 4.9 out of 5 to go to Stoke

Interestingly, Chadli to Swansea is a 4.5

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Transfer Thread on 06:49 - Jul 22 with 3172 viewsJango

Transfer Thread on 06:40 - Jul 22 by AussieSwan

This "likelihood" scale was posted on the Sky Sports transfer blog, and has Allen rated as a 4.9 out of 5 to go to Stoke

That whispers list is a load of garbage. Sky sports are as reliable as any other media outlet, they haven't got a clue
Transfer Thread on 07:33 - Jul 22 with 3126 viewsshandyjack

Transfer Thread on 06:40 - Jul 22 by AussieSwan

i'm sure Dortmund announced the signing of Schurlle a day before the date of that whisers link and sky only have the move as 4.4! pinch of salt i'll take it with

Poll: Expectation for the season

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer Thread on 12:30 - Jul 22 with 2983 viewsDaggyjack

Reports stating that the Swans are looking to prepare a bid for Joe.

At £13 million, I'd have him back, no doubt.....as long as we still have significant funds for two strikers and a RB.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36865493

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-cardiff-c
Transfer Thread on 12:46 - Jul 22 with 2949 viewsairedale

Transfer Thread on 12:30 - Jul 22 by Daggyjack

Reports stating that the Swans are looking to prepare a bid for Joe.

At £13 million, I'd have him back, no doubt.....as long as we still have significant funds for two strikers and a RB.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36865493

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-cardiff-c

For me, the £13mill will not be too much of a stumbling block for the board, because, as Huw has said, we already have a full complement of midfielders, so if Joey is coming in for my money someone else is going the other way.
Transfer Thread on 12:58 - Jul 22 with 2912 viewsDaggyjack

Transfer Thread on 12:46 - Jul 22 by airedale

For me, the £13mill will not be too much of a stumbling block for the board, because, as Huw has said, we already have a full complement of midfielders, so if Joey is coming in for my money someone else is going the other way.

Possibly Gylfi then although I really hope not.
Transfer Thread on 12:59 - Jul 22 with 2904 viewsGriffting

Transfer Thread on 12:46 - Jul 22 by airedale

Joey to us is like that thing you've always wanted and you always keep a look out for to see if it goes on sale, and when it does, you usually don't particularly need it or perhaps should get it because you need to budget for other stuff.. In the end you just buy it and work things out.
Transfer Thread on 14:05 - Jul 22 with 2818 viewsairedale

Of course, there's always a chance that we could try a talented youngster on loan.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/07/21/tt-report-hull-city-swansea-and-west-brom-k
Transfer Thread on 14:11 - Jul 22 with 2801 viewsmarchamjack

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/258768/percy-13m-fee-agreed-allen?pag

thought I'd have a quick look on Stoke site to see what they think of whole Joey/Ki transfer. 23 pager!! (read the last 2...they think they'll end up getting Ki and we get Joey).

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Transfer Thread on 14:16 - Jul 22 with 2779 viewslondonlisa2001

Transfer Thread on 14:11 - Jul 22 by marchamjack

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/258768/percy-13m-fee-agreed-allen?pag

thought I'd have a quick look on Stoke site to see what they think of whole Joey/Ki transfer. 23 pager!! (read the last 2...they think they'll end up getting Ki and we get Joey).

I think they're right.
Transfer Thread on 14:23 - Jul 22 with 2759 viewsWarwickHunt

Chadli?

Jenkins needs to get his tunnel vision/Emnes Syndrome sorted out. Perhaps he likes getting shafted by Daniel Levy...

Are we still after Dexter Blackstock?
Transfer Thread on 14:38 - Jul 22 with 2723 viewsmarchamjack

Transfer Thread on 14:23 - Jul 22 by WarwickHunt

Chadli?

Jenkins needs to get his tunnel vision/Emnes Syndrome sorted out. Perhaps he likes getting shafted by Daniel Levy...

Are we still after Dexter Blackstock?

Dexter is one of my clients up here in Oxon...I've told him about the whole pss take of the use of his name on this site, which he has found quite funny tbf

I'll let him know his name will never die on here and long after his career is over he'll still be a possible signing for us :)

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Transfer Thread on 16:04 - Jul 22 with 2634 viewsDaggyjack

For £13 million, you get a quality player, who knows the system and will quite probably (if we don't get relegated) be at Swansea for the rest of his career, 7 years+, most of it as club captain I'd imagine.

A great return for a small outlay in this market.

By the way, I cant ever imagine id say Swansea spending £13 million on one player and describing it as small !!
Transfer Thread on 17:58 - Jul 22 with 2467 viewsWarwickHunt

Transfer Thread on 14:38 - Jul 22 by marchamjack

Dexter is one of my clients up here in Oxon...I've told him about the whole pss take of the use of his name on this site, which he has found quite funny tbf

I'll let him know his name will never die on here and long after his career is over he'll still be a possible signing for us :)

TDH is still waiting outside the Liberty with his autograph book.
Transfer Thread on 21:48 - Jul 22 with 2334 viewsGriffting

7 million bid rejected for Ulloa. Seriously hope we do not go higher than that.
Transfer Thread on 21:54 - Jul 22 with 2321 viewskyswans

Transfer Thread on 21:48 - Jul 22 by Griffting

7 million bid rejected for Ulloa. Seriously hope we do not go higher than that.

Think he's just wanting a new contract with Leicester.

If he's legitimately wanting out (or if Leicester don't want to give him a new contract like they've given everyone else), then I think 7m is a bid they could accept.
Transfer Thread on 22:03 - Jul 22 with 2289 viewsGriffting

Transfer Thread on 21:54 - Jul 22 by kyswans

Think he's just wanting a new contract with Leicester.

If he's legitimately wanting out (or if Leicester don't want to give him a new contract like they've given everyone else), then I think 7m is a bid they could accept.

Yeah, Leicester fans are of the opinion it's his agent that is stirring the pot and Ulloa is perfectly happy at the club. I hope he's not the height of our ambition when it comes to signing a striker though.
Transfer Thread on 22:05 - Jul 22 with 2279 viewsDr_Winston

Transfer Thread on 22:03 - Jul 22 by Griffting

Yeah, Leicester fans are of the opinion it's his agent that is stirring the pot and Ulloa is perfectly happy at the club. I hope he's not the height of our ambition when it comes to signing a striker though.

He played well against us once. It was enough to get Marvin Emnes three years worth of Premier League wages.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Transfer Thread on 19:30 - Jul 23 with 1996 viewsskippyjack

Transfer Thread on 17:58 - Jul 22 by WarwickHunt

TDH is still waiting outside the Liberty with his autograph book.

in all fairness he isn't that bad.. he's exactly like Robson Canoe.. Championship standard.. With 4 premier league performances per season.

We're attempting to sign Joey and Robson-Kanu for a combined £15 million.. let it sink in.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Transfer Thread on 22:48 - Jul 23 with 1849 viewsdobjack2

Telegraph are reporting that Joe is meeting mark Hughes tomorrow and that we are considering a bid.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024