Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer Thread 12:01 - Jun 22 with 141853 viewsairedale

Is it worth making this a sticky one, so we can post as arising mods?

Luca Cigarini - Alalanta

http://www.gazzettaworld.com/news/transfer-market/rumour/swansea-city-enter-race

Simone Zaza - Juventus

https://www.clubcall.com/swansea-city/boss-wants-juve-star-1813393.html

Artur Ionita - Hellas Verona

https://www.clubcall.com/swansea-city/verona-star-linked-1813400.html
Transfer Thread on 22:04 - Jul 25 with 2926 viewsGriffting

Transfer Thread on 21:59 - Jul 25 by jasper_T

Connor Roberts is gonna step up.

Was hoping so, no sign of him against Bristol rovers though and playing him left back out in America. Not sure what the point of that was.
Transfer Thread on 22:09 - Jul 25 with 2884 viewslondonlisa2001

Transfer Thread on 21:37 - Jul 25 by therealme

I believe he's appy with Naughton and Rangel. I'm not fussed, would much rather strengthen elsewhere

Did you miss the games where Rangel was 20 yards behind the opposing winger desperately trying to get back then?

Right back is our weakest position (or at least it was until we sold every forward at the club).
Transfer Thread on 22:26 - Jul 25 with 2799 viewsAngelRangelQS

Transfer Thread on 22:09 - Jul 25 by londonlisa2001

Did you miss the games where Rangel was 20 yards behind the opposing winger desperately trying to get back then?

Right back is our weakest position (or at least it was until we sold every forward at the club).

Full back has been one of our weakest positions for about 2 years now - unfortunately Jenkins and Monk conspired to spend £9m on players who are/were markedly worse than what we had
[Post edited 25 Jul 2016 22:27]
Transfer Thread on 22:30 - Jul 25 with 2770 viewslondonlisa2001

Transfer Thread on 22:26 - Jul 25 by AngelRangelQS

Full back has been one of our weakest positions for about 2 years now - unfortunately Jenkins and Monk conspired to spend £9m on players who are/were markedly worse than what we had
[Post edited 25 Jul 2016 22:27]

To be fair, I think Naughton is fine as a backup to the starters. I can even live with Kingsley / Taylor on the left. But Rangel? Just not quick enough anymore (and I think he's been a fabulous player for us by the way, and he also seems like a lovely bloke). We need a starting right back. If it's supposed to be Connor Roberts, then why wasn't he playing on Saturday?
Transfer Thread on 22:32 - Jul 25 with 2745 viewsmonmouth

Transfer Thread on 22:30 - Jul 25 by londonlisa2001

To be fair, I think Naughton is fine as a backup to the starters. I can even live with Kingsley / Taylor on the left. But Rangel? Just not quick enough anymore (and I think he's been a fabulous player for us by the way, and he also seems like a lovely bloke). We need a starting right back. If it's supposed to be Connor Roberts, then why wasn't he playing on Saturday?

I was going to type 'it's Naughton' but I do have a burning suspicion it's going to be Angel.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Transfer Thread on 22:37 - Jul 25 with 2722 viewsAngelRangelQS

Transfer Thread on 22:30 - Jul 25 by londonlisa2001

Exactly. He was signed as first choice but ended up as back up. We may as well have kept Tiendalli and spent money elsewhere. Total waste
Transfer Thread on 22:43 - Jul 25 with 2686 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Transfer Thread on 21:02 - Jul 25 by Griffting

Left back Achraf Lazaar from Palermo linked.. 5 million euros. Other clubs interested including Lyon and we've apparently 'joined the race'.

From half a mile behind as per usual. Jenkins must have really p*ssed Joe off

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Transfer Thread on 23:21 - Jul 25 with 2602 viewstherealme

Transfer Thread on 21:56 - Jul 25 by monmouth

Left back though??

You don't like Kingsley? or get a top draw and offload Taylor?

This is Kingsley season to step up I think. Seen enough in his performances last season, his shirt to lose now and Taylor as rotation or backup.

Francesco's black and white army ⚪️⚫️

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer Thread on 23:28 - Jul 25 with 2559 viewsdobjack2

Transfer Thread on 22:43 - Jul 25 by Brynmill_Jack

From half a mile behind as per usual. Jenkins must have really p*ssed Joe off

Hey Joe. We've got this great idea to get you on the cheap and you can get a piece of the action as well.

All you have to do is spend a year sitting in the stiffs at Liverpool. When your contract is up instead of us paying Liverpool £8 million transfer fee we can pay it to you at £2 million pounds a season on top of your wages. It's a real winner of an idea the boys like it don't they gofer .... (Sorry boss one has gone and the other is making noises like he wants to go) .... The boys aren't here just now Joe but you know you can Trust me.... Tell them you'll do that if they' don't sell you to us for £8 million. we'll see you right with a tidy signing on fee if they sell you to us.tell them that you can't stand that whinging gog. You know the one that was talking to you on the pitch after the Portugal game.

Joe...are you still there Joe ...... Joe... You're right Dar f*ck him he's gone.
Transfer Thread on 15:19 - Jul 26 with 2250 viewsskippyjack

http://sportwitness.co.uk/swansea-city-battling-sign-star-champions-league-ambit

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Transfer Thread on 15:28 - Jul 26 with 2225 viewsLoyal

Transfer Thread on 15:19 - Jul 26 by skippyjack

http://sportwitness.co.uk/swansea-city-battling-sign-star-champions-league-ambit

Not sure how you battle to sign a player when your the only club looking to sign him.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Transfer Thread on 15:30 - Jul 26 with 2206 viewsBorojack

Transfer Thread on 15:28 - Jul 26 by Loyal

Not sure how you battle to sign a player when your the only club looking to sign him.

It says Lyon and Sporting Lisbon are after him as well.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Transfer Thread on 16:25 - Jul 26 with 2100 viewsDaggyjack

Liverpool the latest club to be linked to Ayew.
£30 million and I'd sell although time is getting tight to spend the cash.
Transfer Thread on 16:28 - Jul 26 with 2081 viewsBorojack

Transfer Thread on 16:25 - Jul 26 by Daggyjack

Liverpool the latest club to be linked to Ayew.
£30 million and I'd sell although time is getting tight to spend the cash.

Like Laudrup said no point being the richest club in the Championship.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Transfer Thread on 16:29 - Jul 26 with 2076 viewsGriffting

Given our transfer window so far, I wouldn't really be comfotable with any of our attackers leaving at the moment.
Transfer Thread on 16:37 - Jul 26 with 2045 viewsairedale

Wales Online reckons these 8 strikers could do a job for us.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-transfer-
Transfer Thread on 16:40 - Jul 26 with 2028 viewsPozuelosSideys

Transfer Thread on 16:37 - Jul 26 by airedale

Wales Online reckons these 8 strikers could do a job for us.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-transfer-

Proper lazy journalism that

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Transfer Thread on 16:45 - Jul 26 with 1997 viewsmonmouth

Transfer Thread on 16:29 - Jul 26 by Griffting

Given our transfer window so far, I wouldn't really be comfotable with any of our attackers leaving at the moment.

If Ayew or Sigurdsson were allowed to go now I would genuinely fear for our future, unless they were replaced immediately - and I mean basically in the same press release - by demonstrably better players. And as far as Sig goes I can't even think of a realistic one offhand.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Transfer Thread on 16:45 - Jul 26 with 1999 viewslondonlisa2001

Transfer Thread on 16:40 - Jul 26 by PozuelosSideys

Surprised they didn't mention Higuain given some of those names.
Transfer Thread on 16:51 - Jul 26 with 1973 viewskarnataka

Transfer Thread on 15:28 - Jul 26 by Loyal

When we battle to sign a player, the battle is with the player and his agent to get the deal as cheap as is humanly possible, not with other clubs.
Transfer Thread on 16:52 - Jul 26 with 1971 viewsairedale

Transfer Thread on 16:40 - Jul 26 by PozuelosSideys

Yup, but for me it begs the question whether transfer work has already been undertaken by clubs. If the lazy journos know what's available, then you can rest assured that the clubs do too.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2016 17:02]
Transfer Thread on 16:58 - Jul 26 with 1951 viewsPozuelosSideys

Transfer Thread on 16:52 - Jul 26 by airedale

Yup, but for me it begs the question whether transfer work has already been undertaken by clubs. If the lazy journos know what's available, then you can rest assured that the clubs do too.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2016 17:02]

Aye. I honestly dont believe we have anything in the pipeline, mainly due to the takeover. The pessimist in me thinks we will go in to the season with some below par, overpriced striker brought in at the last minute in a panic, plus having sold at least one of Ayew or Gylfi.

Those strikers are mostly out of our price range and will cost £25m+

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Transfer Thread on 18:51 - Jul 26 with 1755 viewsjasper_T

Dennis Praet of Anderlecht is available for less than 10m eurobucks. Sign him up, Huw.
Transfer Thread on 05:07 - Jul 27 with 1444 viewsGriffting

Idrissa Gueye had a 7 million pound relegation release clause, which Everton have just activated. Think this is something we should have been on. Looked very solid in an awful villa team last year.
Transfer Thread on 06:39 - Jul 27 with 1380 viewsDr_Winston

Transfer Thread on 05:07 - Jul 27 by Griffting

Idrissa Gueye had a 7 million pound relegation release clause, which Everton have just activated. Think this is something we should have been on. Looked very solid in an awful villa team last year.

A defensive midfielder. Don't need another one of those.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024