Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer Thread 12:01 - Jun 22 with 141913 viewsairedale

Is it worth making this a sticky one, so we can post as arising mods?

Luca Cigarini - Alalanta

http://www.gazzettaworld.com/news/transfer-market/rumour/swansea-city-enter-race

Simone Zaza - Juventus

https://www.clubcall.com/swansea-city/boss-wants-juve-star-1813393.html

Artur Ionita - Hellas Verona

https://www.clubcall.com/swansea-city/verona-star-linked-1813400.html
Transfer Thread on 18:35 - Jul 30 with 2063 viewsdobjack2

Transfer Thread on 18:16 - Jul 30 by FearOfAJackPlanet

However, the Swans have “gone missing ” over the last 24 hours after we decided not to haggle towards a conclusion but offer precisely the fee required.

Bizarrely, we have learned that the club is blanking calls from the player, manager and agent although the Irons are confident the deal will be done.

Huw's turned his phone off again...

Blanking calls isn't bizarre doesn't the author of this realise that if we sell before we have replacements we have nothing left and inevitably others will want to follow.

The only bizarre part is that we weren't asking for £30 million at this stage of the game. Hasnt Jenkins worked out that some clubs are willing to pay the inflated prices the sky money has generated even if we aren't?
Transfer Thread on 18:44 - Jul 30 with 1964 viewsPozuelosSideys

Transfer Thread on 18:34 - Jul 30 by Oldjack

bloody hope not ,we don't need to sell him

Depends on the transfer policy. At the moment it seems to be clearing the decks and getting as much as we can off the wage bill.

It could be just preparing for incoming.

Or, it could be cutting costs which is exactly what we were warned about.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Transfer Thread on 18:50 - Jul 30 with 1903 viewsBorojack

Transfer Thread on 18:35 - Jul 30 by dobjack2

Blanking calls isn't bizarre doesn't the author of this realise that if we sell before we have replacements we have nothing left and inevitably others will want to follow.

The only bizarre part is that we weren't asking for £30 million at this stage of the game. Hasnt Jenkins worked out that some clubs are willing to pay the inflated prices the sky money has generated even if we aren't?

Jenkins is just the mouthpiece though he does as he is told now.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Transfer Thread on 18:56 - Jul 30 with 1849 viewsdobjack2

Transfer Thread on 18:50 - Jul 30 by Borojack

Jenkins is just the mouthpiece though he does as he is told now.

Probably true, but whether it is Jenkins and/or the majority shareholders whoever is involved doesn't appear to have understood the apparent rise in Transfer fees since last season.
Transfer Thread on 19:01 - Jul 30 with 1818 viewsBorojack

Transfer Thread on 18:56 - Jul 30 by dobjack2

Probably true, but whether it is Jenkins and/or the majority shareholders whoever is involved doesn't appear to have understood the apparent rise in Transfer fees since last season.

My point is though the new owners are more likely to sell without replacements in.
When Morgan Jenkins Dineen and co were running it they were fans of the club.
Levein and Kaplin are not and I think thats what is unsettling so many on this board myself included.

Transfer Thread on 19:05 - Jul 30 with 1786 viewsstid

20m? Thank you and goodbye...Lets hope we dont go down the road of signing these big egos on a free with a big sign on fee again.
Transfer Thread on 19:07 - Jul 30 with 1763 viewslondonlisa2001

Transfer Thread on 19:05 - Jul 30 by stid

20m? Thank you and goodbye...Lets hope we dont go down the road of signing these big egos on a free with a big sign on fee again.

He's worth more than £20m.

The only way that would be acceptable is if they are then taking the remaining signing on fee away as well, which is depending on reports, either another £4m or £6m so we are in effect receiving £20m pure profit.
Transfer Thread on 19:19 - Jul 30 with 1655 viewsFlashberryjack

Transfer Thread on 19:05 - Jul 30 by stid

"£20 million and thank you" that's exactly what the Americans will be saying

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer Thread on 19:23 - Jul 30 with 1613 viewsstid

Transfer Thread on 19:19 - Jul 30 by Flashberryjack

You think West Ham came looking? His agent as been trying to get a move since January! He had his head turned by Sunderland for god sakes....Doesnt get in our side when we bring a ST in anyway
Transfer Thread on 19:24 - Jul 30 with 1593 viewslondonlisa2001

Transfer Thread on 19:23 - Jul 30 by stid

You think West Ham came looking? His agent as been trying to get a move since January! He had his head turned by Sunderland for god sakes....Doesnt get in our side when we bring a ST in anyway

Doesn't matter. He's worth more than £20m and if we sell for that we're mugs.8
Transfer Thread on 19:29 - Jul 30 with 1552 viewsdobjack2

Transfer Thread on 19:24 - Jul 30 by londonlisa2001

Exactly. if this article is to be believed we put the £20 million price tag on ayew so we are already mugs for undervaluing him.
Transfer Thread on 19:30 - Jul 30 with 1537 viewsstid

Transfer Thread on 19:24 - Jul 30 by londonlisa2001

It will be a forced moved...the guy held Marseille (The team he supposedly loves) to ransom so much so they let his contract run down. He is way off a 20m player so take it and get a proper ST( Someone to hold the ball up) and get back to what we are best at
Transfer Thread on 19:32 - Jul 30 with 1515 viewsFlashberryjack

Transfer Thread on 19:23 - Jul 30 by stid

I don't know if West Ham came looking, neither do I know if his agent has been trying to get a move for him since January, I respectfully suggest that you don't know either.

What I am fairly confident of, is that if we do get £20 million for Ayew, it won't all be used on his replacement.

Hello

Transfer Thread on 19:33 - Jul 30 with 1498 viewsdobjack2

Transfer Thread on 19:30 - Jul 30 by stid

It will be a forced moved...the guy held Marseille (The team he supposedly loves) to ransom so much so they let his contract run down. He is way off a 20m player so take it and get a proper ST( Someone to hold the ball up) and get back to what we are best at

Sorry how many goals did he score last year?

In this inflated window and taking into account the fact that we are a little bit light on forwards we should have been asking for far more than £20 million
Transfer Thread on 19:35 - Jul 30 with 1486 viewslondonlisa2001

Transfer Thread on 19:30 - Jul 30 by stid

He has 3 years left on his contract.

And given our inability to replace any of the three forwards we've already lost, and our inability to sign a player who actually lives in Swansea after saying we were going to, then forgive me if I don't believe we'll spend the £20m properly anyway.

We'd have to find 2 forwards, a wide player, probably a midfielder and a right back - in 2 weeks.

My betting would be we bring in one player who's past it. Still, year end tomorrow, think of the dividends.
Transfer Thread on 19:37 - Jul 30 with 1464 viewsstid

Transfer Thread on 19:35 - Jul 30 by londonlisa2001

And given our inability to replace any of the three forwards we've already lost, and our inability to sign a player who actually lives in Swansea after saying we were going to, then forgive me if I don't believe we'll spend the £20m properly anyway.

We'd have to find 2 forwards, a wide player, probably a midfielder and a right back - in 2 weeks.

My betting would be we bring in one player who's past it. Still, year end tomorrow, think of the dividends.

We have 4 wingers and 2 RB'S...2 forwards needed
Transfer Thread on 19:39 - Jul 30 with 1436 viewsstid

Transfer Thread on 19:32 - Jul 30 by Flashberryjack

I don't know if West Ham came looking, neither do I know if his agent has been trying to get a move for him since January, I respectfully suggest that you don't know either.

What I am fairly confident of, is that if we do get £20 million for Ayew, it won't all be used on his replacement.

You wasnt about in January then?
Transfer Thread on 19:41 - Jul 30 with 1414 viewsFlashberryjack

Transfer Thread on 19:39 - Jul 30 by stid

You wasnt about in January then?

Yes I was........but the Americans weren't

Hello

Transfer Thread on 19:41 - Jul 30 with 1407 viewsairedale

Transfer Thread on 19:35 - Jul 30 by londonlisa2001

Who's player who lives in Swansea we said we were going to sign, I don't ken that?
Transfer Thread on 19:42 - Jul 30 with 1396 viewsBorojack

Transfer Thread on 19:19 - Jul 30 by Flashberryjack

Exactly the old board would have asked near 30 miĺlion which would scare most clubs off.
Thats why we have asked 20 hoping they will come back .Only one way we are heading if we carry on like this.

Transfer Thread on 19:42 - Jul 30 with 1387 viewslondonlisa2001

Transfer Thread on 19:37 - Jul 30 by stid

We have 4 wingers and 2 RB'S...2 forwards needed

So do Mumbles Rangers and they're not bloody good enough either.

You have obviously not watched Rangel in full flow for some time. Nor Dyer.

Of course no one has watched Dyer in full flow for a while as he was never picked at Leicester.

These are players that have been brilliant for us in the past, but they are not the answer now. It's ridiculous that anyone thinks they are.

We need a right back. We need 2 forwards. We need a wide player if Ayew goes. We need to be thinking about who's going to replace Leon, because he won't keep going for much longer. Who's our back up to Siggy? Who's the back up to whichever of Ki or Fer you give as your answer?

Still, we've 5 goalkeepers.
Transfer Thread on 19:44 - Jul 30 with 1372 viewsstid

Transfer Thread on 19:41 - Jul 30 by Flashberryjack

Yes I was........but the Americans weren't

Why the panic? No1 has done anything in the window...Could be worse you could be a WHU fan and promised a top class ST and end up with Ayew who isnt even a ST.
Transfer Thread on 19:44 - Jul 30 with 1369 viewslondonlisa2001

Transfer Thread on 19:41 - Jul 30 by airedale

Who's player who lives in Swansea we said we were going to sign, I don't ken that?

Joe.
Transfer Thread on 19:46 - Jul 30 with 1350 viewslondonlisa2001

Transfer Thread on 19:44 - Jul 30 by stid

Why the panic? No1 has done anything in the window...Could be worse you could be a WHU fan and promised a top class ST and end up with Ayew who isnt even a ST.

What do you mean no one has done anything?

We have. We've sold or loaned out every forward at the club.

You are obviously on a wind up.
Transfer Thread on 19:50 - Jul 30 with 1307 viewsstid

Transfer Thread on 19:42 - Jul 30 by londonlisa2001

So do Mumbles Rangers and they're not bloody good enough either.

You have obviously not watched Rangel in full flow for some time. Nor Dyer.

Of course no one has watched Dyer in full flow for a while as he was never picked at Leicester.

These are players that have been brilliant for us in the past, but they are not the answer now. It's ridiculous that anyone thinks they are.

We need a right back. We need 2 forwards. We need a wide player if Ayew goes. We need to be thinking about who's going to replace Leon, because he won't keep going for much longer. Who's our back up to Siggy? Who's the back up to whichever of Ki or Fer you give as your answer?

Still, we've 5 goalkeepers.

We could do with a young RB yes but its not necessary this window, We need 2 Strikers , Plenty of CM's no need to panic there. Ideal world we get Llorente he would bring so much more to the team than having Ayew up front. Only 2 players that we need to panic if they go and they are Ash and Gylfi.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024