Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer Thread 12:01 - Jun 22 with 141692 viewsairedale

Is it worth making this a sticky one, so we can post as arising mods?

Luca Cigarini - Alalanta

http://www.gazzettaworld.com/news/transfer-market/rumour/swansea-city-enter-race

Simone Zaza - Juventus

https://www.clubcall.com/swansea-city/boss-wants-juve-star-1813393.html

Artur Ionita - Hellas Verona

https://www.clubcall.com/swansea-city/verona-star-linked-1813400.html
Transfer Thread on 19:50 - Jul 30 with 2884 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Transfer Thread on 18:12 - Jul 30 by 3swan

http://www.claretandhugh.info/hammers-set-to-complete-20m-deal/?

True? who knows

From the comments section - I hope they really believe this...

Ayew is the kind of player a newly promoted team tries to sign. Not a team claiming to have top 4 ambitions.

Everyone else has turned us down so I guess they have gotten very desperate.

Also he has a very poor attitude and is not a dressing room favourite

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Transfer Thread on 19:51 - Jul 30 with 2872 viewsdobjack2

Transfer Thread on 19:42 - Jul 30 by Borojack

Exactly the old board would have asked near 30 miĺlion which would scare most clubs off.
Thats why we have asked 20 hoping they will come back .Only one way we are heading if we carry on like this.

How can you possibly be so cynical? 😊
Transfer Thread on 19:52 - Jul 30 with 2852 viewsstid

Transfer Thread on 19:46 - Jul 30 by londonlisa2001

What do you mean no one has done anything?

We have. We've sold or loaned out every forward at the club.

You are obviously on a wind up.

The forwards that all the fans were say aint good enough...As for Gorre he was never good enough yet
Transfer Thread on 19:55 - Jul 30 with 2820 viewslondonlisa2001

Transfer Thread on 19:52 - Jul 30 by stid

The forwards that all the fans were say aint good enough...As for Gorre he was never good enough yet

Didn't mention Gorre.

Your suggestion is Llorente 1 fine as one option. Or are you planning on relying on no injuries?

Who's on the bench first match?

And even if Gomis was not good enough, or Eder, or Paloschi, they were better than what we have at the moment. Sell Ayew and where are the goals? We could barely put out an 18.

Shambles.
Transfer Thread on 19:57 - Jul 30 with 2784 viewsBorojack

Transfer Thread on 19:51 - Jul 30 by dobjack2

How can you possibly be so cynical? 😊

I know and after Mr Levein stated they were not in it for the money as well.
I have a feeling its all going to get a bit nasty.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Transfer Thread on 19:58 - Jul 30 with 2785 viewsstid

If we get to September the 1st with 0 Sts then I will agree with you...They will come things are starting to move now
Transfer Thread on 20:00 - Jul 30 with 2756 viewsFlashberryjack

Transfer Thread on 19:44 - Jul 30 by stid

Why the panic? No1 has done anything in the window...Could be worse you could be a WHU fan and promised a top class ST and end up with Ayew who isnt even a ST.

Who's panicking ? there is still just under 2 weeks before the season starts and we've already sold 2 strikers and got shot of another, which leaves us with Ayew.

Now there are reports that we've been offered £20 million for him, I'm sure lesser fans than I will be panicking, not me, I'm just very, very ,very concerned

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Transfer Thread on 20:04 - Jul 30 with 2719 viewsmagicdaps10

The way i see it, in todays market we need to be looking at spending a minimum 30M to improve us for this season.

2 Strikers, 1 Midfielder and a Right Back.

A striker for about 10M, another for 6-8M, a Midfielder for about 8-10M and a RightBack for about 4M. What worries me that they will sell Ayew for 20M and get a winger and striker for in and around that 20M and be happy with that. If we sell Ayew for 20M then a percentage of that should be banged on an already 30M kitty. It is quite obvious that they are juggling players about and trying to sell players to make a kitty. The two questions that need answering are
1. What has happened to the money we have brought in from TV money to profits we have made on players sale?
2.What investment has IF any has been put into the playing side by the Americans?

There is very little talk and even less action since this takeover/investment. If they do not start getting their act together in the next week then this is going to turn quite nasty against a bunch of guys who were once so well respected. From rags to riches............from average guys to greedy gits, that is what money does to people!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer Thread on 20:09 - Jul 30 with 2692 viewsstid

Huw Jenkins will come out on top again you just wait...All this nonsense that the yanks will just pocket the money is laughable.Do you think they would of bought into us if we were in the Championship?
Transfer Thread on 20:13 - Jul 30 with 2660 viewslondonlisa2001

Transfer Thread on 20:09 - Jul 30 by stid

Huw Jenkins will come out on top again you just wait...All this nonsense that the yanks will just pocket the money is laughable.Do you think they would of bought into us if we were in the Championship?

No I don't. And I don't think they are asset stripping. But there is undoubtedly an air of complacency about how good we are. We were not far off going down last season - an unexpected result at Arsenal made a lot of difference.

People thinking that we have no need of a full back is a prime example.
Transfer Thread on 20:14 - Jul 30 with 2688 viewsmagicdaps10

They are the bosses and they can do what they want.

They can sell off all the players and bring in crap and make money off the TV revenue, they would also make money off the parachute payments if we were to go down. Aslong as they kept wages at a level then there could be a profit for them even if we were relegated.

I am not saying that they are planning this but its not rocket science that it is very possible that they could money out of all this, easier than you think.

Transfer Thread on 20:15 - Jul 30 with 2674 viewsPozuelosSideys

Would have.

And no, because we wouldnt have had the quality of players we have, and therefore the saleable assets on the playing staff would be far less.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Transfer Thread on 20:17 - Jul 30 with 2664 viewsstid

Funny old game..Mark Hughes with Stoke have an ''amazing season'' and we are nearly relegated yet finish 4 points off them. Sadly Monks spell from after the international break was what ended our season. The quality of the squad showed from Feb
Transfer Thread on 20:24 - Jul 30 with 2604 viewslondonlisa2001

Transfer Thread on 20:17 - Jul 30 by stid

Funny old game..Mark Hughes with Stoke have an ''amazing season'' and we are nearly relegated yet finish 4 points off them. Sadly Monks spell from after the international break was what ended our season. The quality of the squad showed from Feb

You don't understand what I said

There we go. I'm done.

Let's hope that we see some action this week. In as well as out. If we don't, then I'm afraid we'll find it difficult.

By the way - just a quick 'business type' note. When you're buying, you don't sell everything first - it tends to weaken your bargaining position as every club dealing with us now knows we're desperate for a forward so will put their prices up.
Transfer Thread on 21:06 - Jul 30 with 2487 viewsmonmouth

I'll echo Lisa in lets hope we some action. Off on my hols for two weeks on the ocean. back after Burnley. Hope to see that the team had a proper forward in it and everyone's happier, plus a win obviously!

Iechyd Da.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Transfer Thread on 21:12 - Jul 30 with 2461 viewsraynor94

Transfer Thread on 21:06 - Jul 30 by monmouth

I'll echo Lisa in lets hope we some action. Off on my hols for two weeks on the ocean. back after Burnley. Hope to see that the team had a proper forward in it and everyone's happier, plus a win obviously!

Iechyd Da.

Have a great trip Monny

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Transfer Thread on 21:19 - Jul 30 with 2413 viewsdobjack2

Transfer Thread on 21:06 - Jul 30 by monmouth

Iechyd Da.

Keep away from newspapers and sky sports, you'll be far more relaxed for it.
Transfer Thread on 21:19 - Jul 30 with 2409 viewsjasper_T

Transfer Thread on 19:33 - Jul 30 by dobjack2

Sorry how many goals did he score last year?

In this inflated window and taking into account the fact that we are a little bit light on forwards we should have been asking for far more than £20 million

12. 6 under Monk when we were playing like absolute shit, and 4 in the last three when we were already safe.

Didn't contribute many goals in the run under Guidolin that saved our season.

Only 2 assists all season.
Transfer Thread on 21:50 - Jul 30 with 2298 viewsDDCH

Wow the last few pages have become a depressing read. Just saw online that Hull are trying to get Bony on a season loan.

I wonder what Huw has been up to when all this is going on.......I wonder........I wonder........I...

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Transfer Thread on 21:59 - Jul 30 with 2220 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Guidolin tries desperately to get hold of HJ at his home to discuss squad strengthening;)

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Transfer Thread on 22:05 - Jul 30 with 2184 viewsskippyjack

Transfer Thread on 19:50 - Jul 30 by Tummer_from_Texas

From the comments section - I hope they really believe this...

Ayew is the kind of player a newly promoted team tries to sign. Not a team claiming to have top 4 ambitions.

Everyone else has turned us down so I guess they have gotten very desperate.

Also he has a very poor attitude and is not a dressing room favourite

West Ham fans... The most disturbed bunch of deluded nut jobs in football.

Deluded fan list.. from scouring forums..

1. Newcastle (think they are this massive club that won everything years ago)
2. Liverpool (think they're Premier League contenders every season)
3. Cardiff (think they belong in the top division, because their support is massive)
4. West Ham (they always talk about the glory days, when was that?)
5. Millwall (believe they should be a top team, even though they've always been crap)
6. Sunderland (believe they should be challenging for Europe)
7. QPR (believe they have this right to be a top division team, even though they've been sh*te)
8. Leeds (believe they are one of the European powerhouses of football)
9. N.Forest (have this belief they deserve to be competing for honours, because they won the title 30+ years ago)
10. Bristol City (try to convince the populous they're a big club, but they've always been a lower league plodder)

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Transfer Thread on 22:32 - Jul 30 with 2037 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Transfer Thread on 21:19 - Jul 30 by jasper_T

12. 6 under Monk when we were playing like absolute shit, and 4 in the last three when we were already safe.

Didn't contribute many goals in the run under Guidolin that saved our season.

Only 2 assists all season.

Ayew also earned 3 pk's, including the memorable one he earned with sheer hustle and effort in our crucial victory at Everton.

I also think Ayew was one of the 3 or 4 most-fouled players in the entire PL last season, way ahead of anyone else on the club. That's another overlooked contribution from a player who some our fans seem to undervalue for some reason. I strongly feel that £20m still isn't even close to enough for us to be able to afford losing Ayew, even IF we have a plan to immediately re-invest it on the 1st team.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Transfer Thread on 22:56 - Jul 30 with 1880 viewsnyc_swans

undervalue how much he was fouled? he spent more time rolling around on the ground than the rest of the team put together. i personally don't think that means he's worth more than if he was rarely fouled. he's a sly player and opportunistic.

just saying, at least 2 of those penalties were clear dives.

20m will suit the club just fine IF they immediately reinvest. I'm not sure what a distracted and disappointed ayew is worth to the club. we saw it last year with Gomis. once their heads get turned, performance suffers. especially players like Andre who have a bit of an ego to begin with.
Transfer Thread on 22:58 - Jul 30 with 1853 viewsmagicdaps10

Liverpool echo and Mirror reporting we have agreed a 10M fee with Everton for Ash.

Transfer Thread on 22:59 - Jul 30 with 1847 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Transfer Thread on 22:56 - Jul 30 by nyc_swans

undervalue how much he was fouled? he spent more time rolling around on the ground than the rest of the team put together. i personally don't think that means he's worth more than if he was rarely fouled. he's a sly player and opportunistic.

just saying, at least 2 of those penalties were clear dives.

20m will suit the club just fine IF they immediately reinvest. I'm not sure what a distracted and disappointed ayew is worth to the club. we saw it last year with Gomis. once their heads get turned, performance suffers. especially players like Andre who have a bit of an ego to begin with.

That's a big IF.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024