Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer Thread 12:01 - Jun 22 with 142486 viewsairedale

Is it worth making this a sticky one, so we can post as arising mods?

Luca Cigarini - Alalanta

http://www.gazzettaworld.com/news/transfer-market/rumour/swansea-city-enter-race

Simone Zaza - Juventus

https://www.clubcall.com/swansea-city/boss-wants-juve-star-1813393.html

Artur Ionita - Hellas Verona

https://www.clubcall.com/swansea-city/verona-star-linked-1813400.html
Transfer Thread on 11:52 - Aug 2 with 3142 viewsairedale

Apparently we were 7/1 to sign Januzaj, but looks like he's going to Sunderland.
Transfer Thread on 12:21 - Aug 2 with 3000 viewsjasper_T

Transfer Thread on 11:52 - Aug 2 by airedale

Apparently we were 7/1 to sign Januzaj, but looks like he's going to Sunderland.

Thank christ
Transfer Thread on 12:23 - Aug 2 with 2977 viewsSwansea93

Not that I think he genuinely knows but Danny Gabbidon has confirmed Williams to Everton is certain on Twitter.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Transfer Thread on 12:37 - Aug 2 with 2914 viewsshandyjack

Could we startr up new interest in Gabbiadini again now Napoli have signed Milik?

Poll: Expectation for the season

Transfer Thread on 12:49 - Aug 2 with 2847 viewsadamswan

The people we are linked to seems like red top drivel, to me anyway. In the last few seasons we seemed to be linked to far more during silly season, these wildcards that also seemed credible. I wake up and check the gossip columns daily, and we aren't mentioned with anyone, other than who we are selling.

Do people think the club are clever in that they have learned to keep potential deals a complete secret nowadays after being gazumped in the past, or are we actually just streamlining and aren't going in for people? I'm started to wonder whether its the latter.
Transfer Thread on 13:44 - Aug 2 with 2754 viewsairedale

Transfer Thread on 12:49 - Aug 2 by adamswan

The people we are linked to seems like red top drivel, to me anyway. In the last few seasons we seemed to be linked to far more during silly season, these wildcards that also seemed credible. I wake up and check the gossip columns daily, and we aren't mentioned with anyone, other than who we are selling.

Do people think the club are clever in that they have learned to keep potential deals a complete secret nowadays after being gazumped in the past, or are we actually just streamlining and aren't going in for people? I'm started to wonder whether its the latter.

I haven't looked at any stats, but I wonder that if we cut playing staff to the bone, whether it would have any significant effect on our overall performance at the end of the day.

Outside a hard core of players, fringe players tend to be used for cup games, and when you consider the academy, how many youngsters are brought through?

The youth scheme at PL clubs seem to me to be a 'Catch 22' scenario, where unless you've got these large amount of [young] bodies being catered for in an academy, then you can't access [real] young talent from other clubs. And how often do clubs do that anyway?
Transfer Thread on 14:13 - Aug 2 with 2598 viewskyswans

Transfer Thread on 12:37 - Aug 2 by shandyjack

Could we startr up new interest in Gabbiadini again now Napoli have signed Milik?

Think we should be looking at Gabbiadini and Zaza instead of Chadli and Ulloa, although they're all quality IMO.
Transfer Thread on 14:30 - Aug 2 with 2482 viewsmagicdaps10

Milic was signed as Higuain's replacement.

I like Chadli, has a bit of Arnautovic about him and can get goals but the price tag of 15M is incredible, i suppose that is the market we are in!
I myself cant see us looking further than Ziyech,Baston,Haller. These are three young guys who will be chomping at the bit to prove themselves at premier league level. All three will see us as a stepping stone but that is just fine if we can get a season or two out of them.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer Thread on 14:34 - Aug 2 with 2456 viewsairedale

Transfer Thread on 14:30 - Aug 2 by magicdaps10

Milic was signed as Higuain's replacement.

I like Chadli, has a bit of Arnautovic about him and can get goals but the price tag of 15M is incredible, i suppose that is the market we are in!
I myself cant see us looking further than Ziyech,Baston,Haller. These are three young guys who will be chomping at the bit to prove themselves at premier league level. All three will see us as a stepping stone but that is just fine if we can get a season or two out of them.

But I've seen Chadli valued somewhere else (can't recall where) at £7mill, and how much would Zaza and Gabiawhatsit cost?
Transfer Thread on 14:57 - Aug 2 with 2342 viewsLeonisGod

Transfer Thread on 14:13 - Aug 2 by kyswans

Think we should be looking at Gabbiadini and Zaza instead of Chadli and Ulloa, although they're all quality IMO.

No chance. Both Gabbiadini and Zaza have had £20m bids knocked back already from other clubs. Unless we're freeing up capital to make 1 big money signing, I haven't seen anything to suggest we'll spend that sort of money.
Transfer Thread on 15:00 - Aug 2 with 2312 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Transfer Thread on 13:44 - Aug 2 by airedale

I haven't looked at any stats, but I wonder that if we cut playing staff to the bone, whether it would have any significant effect on our overall performance at the end of the day.

Outside a hard core of players, fringe players tend to be used for cup games, and when you consider the academy, how many youngsters are brought through?

The youth scheme at PL clubs seem to me to be a 'Catch 22' scenario, where unless you've got these large amount of [young] bodies being catered for in an academy, then you can't access [real] young talent from other clubs. And how often do clubs do that anyway?

That is the problem of not having a Second Team League, which would be a bridge for the youth players to use to get from the Acadamy in to the First team.
Currently it is a very big step up.
Transfer Thread on 15:34 - Aug 2 with 2185 viewsAussieSwan

Transfer Thread on 14:57 - Aug 2 by LeonisGod

No chance. Both Gabbiadini and Zaza have had £20m bids knocked back already from other clubs. Unless we're freeing up capital to make 1 big money signing, I haven't seen anything to suggest we'll spend that sort of money.

I haven't seen anything to suggest we'll ever spend £20M on any player

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Transfer Thread on 16:09 - Aug 2 with 2117 viewsBorojack

Transfer Thread on 15:00 - Aug 2 by A_Fans_Dad

That is the problem of not having a Second Team League, which would be a bridge for the youth players to use to get from the Acadamy in to the First team.

What do we need a 2nd team league for they have all fukced off on loan

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Transfer Thread on 17:08 - Aug 2 with 1975 viewsjasper_T

Transfer Thread on 15:34 - Aug 2 by AussieSwan

I haven't seen anything to suggest we'll ever spend £20M on any player

£20m is the new £10m, and we've spent that before.
Transfer Thread on 17:51 - Aug 2 with 1897 viewsairedale

Transfer Thread on 15:00 - Aug 2 by A_Fans_Dad

I agree, pity PL clubs couldn't have a 'B' team in the football league, or some arrangement to get them all out on loan.
Transfer Thread on 18:33 - Aug 2 with 1773 viewsskippyjack

I'm surprised our Scottish scouting network haven't snapped up free transfer Jordan Preston.. 20 year old striker who banged in 15 goals and 5 assists for Ayr last season..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Transfer Thread on 18:47 - Aug 2 with 1692 viewsDaggyjack

Transfer Thread on 18:33 - Aug 2 by skippyjack

I'm surprised our Scottish scouting network haven't snapped up free transfer Jordan Preston.. 20 year old striker who banged in 15 goals and 5 assists for Ayr last season..

Another for our development squad? He plays at a level of our Conference so not sure of the quality.
We've enough youngsters signed up, time for the big guns!
Transfer Thread on 18:56 - Aug 2 with 1655 viewsA_Fans_Dad

He obviously knows where the back of the net is, he also scored 5 in 14 games the previous season.
Not bad for a 20 Year old.
Transfer Thread on 19:32 - Aug 2 with 1560 viewsskippyjack

Transfer Thread on 18:56 - Aug 2 by A_Fans_Dad

He obviously knows where the back of the net is, he also scored 5 in 14 games the previous season.
Not bad for a 20 Year old.

I haven't seen him play.. but he's worth a trial on stats alone.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

Transfer Thread on 19:39 - Aug 2 with 1526 viewsmagicdaps10

Khama Billiat, 25yr old Zimbabwe international playing for Mamelodi Sundowns been linked.

Transfer Thread on 19:41 - Aug 2 with 1506 viewsjasper_T

Transfer Thread on 19:39 - Aug 2 by magicdaps10

Khama Billiat, 25yr old Zimbabwe international playing for Mamelodi Sundowns been linked.

Keep your cat off your keyboard tia
Transfer Thread on 19:43 - Aug 2 with 1480 viewsmagicdaps10

Transfer Thread on 19:41 - Aug 2 by jasper_T

Keep your cat off your keyboard tia

My cat obviously knows more about football than you Jasper, maybe you could get him a job writing about football where you work!?!

Transfer Thread on 19:44 - Aug 2 with 1474 viewsskippyjack

Transfer Thread on 19:39 - Aug 2 by magicdaps10

Well.. he played a blinder the other day... I have also seen Rory Fallon play like Zidane in one game.. shall we sign him up?

F*ck it..

Transfer Thread on 19:47 - Aug 2 with 1448 viewsjasper_T

Transfer Thread on 19:43 - Aug 2 by magicdaps10

My cat obviously knows more about football than you Jasper, maybe you could get him a job writing about football where you work!?!

Put some more sugar in your tea, you're sounding bitter.
Transfer Thread on 19:49 - Aug 2 with 1436 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Because Ayr ain't Falkirk, that's why !

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024