Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scotland wants to leave the UK 12:22 - Jun 24 with 12056 viewsLord_Bony

This is worrying if Scotland wants a new referendum...

First Minister Nicola Sturgeon:"Democratically unacceptable" for Scotland to be taken out of EU "against its will"

https://twitter.com/search?q=scotland+will+leave+uk&ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwc

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 13:48 - Jun 24 with 1340 viewslonglostjack

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 13:40 - Jun 24 by Lord_Bony

It would be hard to take.

The EU would welcome them with open arms just to make an example of us.

In fact Brussels will be actively encouraging them to break away knowing that lot.

A lot of countries will be looking to see if we can make a success away from the EU before they follow suit.

I'm not sure whether Spain would be too keen on approving Scotland's application to remain a member. They have Catalonia to worry about.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 13:51 - Jun 24 with 1332 viewssherpajacob

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 13:23 - Jun 24 by Flashberryjack

Scotland voting not to leave the EU isn't voting for splitting from the UK.
Sturgeon has jumped on that as an opportunity to hold another referendum on an issue that should, and has been already been resolved at the ballot box.

The Scottish referendum was prior to the last general election.

As a result of the backtracking by Cameron over the pledge, the Snp manifesto contained a,commitment to a further referendum in the event of material change within the UK..

The Scots knew this at the last general election, and overwhelming voted snp.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 17:20 - Jun 24 with 1272 viewsDyfnant

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 13:07 - Jun 24 by Smellyplumz

No England and Wales voted out Scotland didn't hence why they now want to move away from us like we are a bad smell.

Does that self serving glory hound that leads the SNP speak for all of Scotland then. They had their chance, she needs to stfu

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 17:26 - Jun 24 with 1263 viewsHighjack

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 13:14 - Jun 24 by nice_to_michu

How is that similar?

Assumably they will have to apply to join just like any other country. There are processes and rules to follow.

I imagine they'd already be further down the line than turkey in terms of requirements but it would still be quite a few years to join, that's if the EU would actually want them.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 17:31 - Jun 24 with 1248 viewspikeypaul

Scotlands independence campaign in 2014 was totally built around oil price it is now 55% lower if
they had left they would now be royaly fu@ked.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 17:32 - Jun 24 with 1247 viewsDafyddHuw

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 12:25 - Jun 24 by Lord_Bony

Im all for us leaving the EU but this would not be good for the rest of the UK should Scotland break away....

I'm amazed that this is coming as news to you.

Let's all move to Scotland.
Scotland wants to leave the UK on 17:35 - Jun 24 with 1235 viewssherpajacob

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 17:31 - Jun 24 by pikeypaul

Scotlands independence campaign in 2014 was totally built around oil price it is now 55% lower if
they had left they would now be royaly fu@ked.

But the fall in the value of the £ will make up for that.

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 17:36 - Jun 24 with 1231 viewsjohnlangy

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 12:24 - Jun 24 by Highjack

If it will take turkey decades to join the EU then how long will it take Scotland?

I imagine it can be shown that Scotland can already satisfy the criteria to be eligible to apply to join (if it didn't that would mean that the UK didn't and we've been members for the last 41 years.).
Login to get fewer ads

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 17:39 - Jun 24 with 1226 viewspikeypaul

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 17:35 - Jun 24 by sherpajacob

But the fall in the value of the £ will make up for that.

Oil is traded in US dollars nothing to do with sterling.

Oil also went down 4.73% today.

And the Bank of England said last time that if Scotland left they would not be allowed to use sterling.And why would they want to,if they want away why would they want our currency?

Or do they only want out of certain parts?
[Post edited 24 Jun 2016 17:47]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 17:51 - Jun 24 with 1199 viewspikeypaul

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 17:36 - Jun 24 by johnlangy

I imagine it can be shown that Scotland can already satisfy the criteria to be eligible to apply to join (if it didn't that would mean that the UK didn't and we've been members for the last 41 years.).

Just because the UK meets the criteria why do you assume a independent Scotland would?

They would have a total different economic structure.

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 17:57 - Jun 24 with 1183 viewssherpajacob

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 17:39 - Jun 24 by pikeypaul

Oil is traded in US dollars nothing to do with sterling.

Oil also went down 4.73% today.

And the Bank of England said last time that if Scotland left they would not be allowed to use sterling.And why would they want to,if they want away why would they want our currency?

Or do they only want out of certain parts?
[Post edited 24 Jun 2016 17:47]

I'll keep.It simple.

Let's say the price of a barrel of oil is $2.
If £1 = $2, i sell you a barrel of oil you pay me $2, I convert that $2 into £1.

If the pound falls so that £1=$1, and the price of a barrel of oil has fallen to $1. I sell you a barrel of oil, you pay me $1, I convert that $1 into £1.

If Scotland want to use sterling nobody can stop them.

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 18:00 - Jun 24 with 1175 viewsHighjack

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 17:51 - Jun 24 by pikeypaul

Just because the UK meets the criteria why do you assume a independent Scotland would?

They might fail on their human rights record too after inflicting bagpipes on the world and forcing big butch men to wear skirts.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 18:05 - Jun 24 with 1164 viewspikeypaul

Rubbish,it's controlled by the BoE and it was plainly stated last time Scotland would not be allowed to use our currency if it was no part of Britain.

As for your little equation it does not add up,the bottom line is oil has halved in price and a relatively tiny drop in sterling is not going to change that or it's value.

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 18:08 - Jun 24 with 1163 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 13:42 - Jun 24 by yescomeon

It's the EU's job now to do everything in their power to make sure we don't make a success of it.

Well if that's the case what's your problem? Surely we are better off being away from those kinds of people.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 18:11 - Jun 24 with 1153 viewspikeypaul

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/sep/03/can-scotland-be-independent-ster

Told last time by all major party leaders no chance by 3 party leaders and governor of Bank of England.

To say Scotland can just use sterling regardless is probably the most stupid thing I've ever read on this forum.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2016 18:16]

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 18:11 - Jun 24 with 1021 viewsBrynmill_Jack

It's the EU's job now to do everything in their power to make sure we don't make a success of it.

And in a nutshell you have encapsulated the whole Remai capmaign's tactics.
"Stay and things may be alright but leave and you're going to hell". Project fear alright

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 18:54 - Jun 24 with 1000 viewssherpajacob

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 18:11 - Jun 24 by pikeypaul

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/sep/03/can-scotland-be-independent-ster

Told last time by all major party leaders no chance by 3 party leaders and governor of Bank of England.

To say Scotland can just use sterling regardless is probably the most stupid thing I've ever read on this forum.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2016 18:16]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Currency_substitution

How will they stop Scotland using sterling?

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 19:08 - Jun 24 with 985 viewsGlyn1

They don't have any reason to do us any favours but they're not our mortal enemy. You really, really do need to get out of the habit of blaming the EU for everything. If things go tits up the nation will know exsctly who to blame and it won't be the EU.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 19:14 - Jun 24 with 967 viewsdickythorpe

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 19:08 - Jun 24 by Glyn1

They don't have any reason to do us any favours but they're not our mortal enemy. You really, really do need to get out of the habit of blaming the EU for everything. If things go tits up the nation will know exsctly who to blame and it won't be the EU.

Glyn, so we've been so successful then under the EU?
Scotland wants to leave the UK on 19:16 - Jun 24 with 964 viewsGlyn1

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 17:51 - Jun 24 by pikeypaul

But they don't have to join the EU as they're already in it. All they have to do is not leave it when England does.

Shouldn't the Vote Leavers have discussed this before thr vote?

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 19:18 - Jun 24 with 956 viewsOldjack

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 13:17 - Jun 24 by father_jack

what doesn't that cun.t sturgeon understand?
her country voted to stay in the uk.
the uk voted to leave europe.

Shut the fuc.k up you hag.

exactly

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 19:20 - Jun 24 with 952 viewsGlyn1

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 19:14 - Jun 24 by dickythorpe

Glyn, so we've been so successful then under the EU?

IMO yes but that's irrelevant now. We're out so how do we make the best of it?

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 19:20 - Jun 24 with 952 viewsyescomeon

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 18:08 - Jun 24 by Brynmill_Jack

Well if that's the case what's your problem? Surely we are better off being away from those kinds of people.

We are those kind of people.

Upthecity!

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 19:29 - Jun 24 with 927 viewsdickythorpe

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 19:20 - Jun 24 by Glyn1

IMO yes but that's irrelevant now. We're out so how do we make the best of it?

I'm not a politician so I couldn't possibly come up with any answer! I have replied to you on another thread, I do hope you read the way it was written as I would never be joyous on seeing someone lose their job after working hard.

No one should be "celebrating" today as if they've won a cup final......the real hard graft starts now.
Scotland wants to leave the UK on 19:32 - Jun 24 with 920 viewsyescomeon

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 19:08 - Jun 24 by Glyn1

I'm not trying to imply it will be the EUs fault, just raising the point that its is not really in their interest do do us any favours, and probably not in ours to do any for them now. If whatever reminants of the UK crash and burn they the EU gets to point at it and say "Look what happens when you leave". If we do well, other countries will want to leave. They're hardly going to give us some fabulous deal. If we can trade with any country in the EU then so can the EU trade with any other country. If we won't but their goods, someone else will. Long term economically Britain will be fine, of course it will. What upsets me about this is isolating ourselves from our neighbours. I know we're not sailing Britain of to the Caribbean or anything but we've just given our closest neighbours a big f u.

Upthecity!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024