Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scotland wants to leave the UK 12:22 - Jun 24 with 12078 viewsLord_Bony

This is worrying if Scotland wants a new referendum...

First Minister Nicola Sturgeon:"Democratically unacceptable" for Scotland to be taken out of EU "against its will"

https://twitter.com/search?q=scotland+will+leave+uk&ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwc

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 19:46 - Jun 24 with 1677 viewsLord_Bony

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 13:17 - Jun 24 by father_jack

what doesn't that cun.t sturgeon understand?
her country voted to stay in the uk.
the uk voted to leave europe.

Shut the fuc.k up you hag.

Post of the thread really.

Talk about having their cake and eating it. Scotland voted to stay with the UK, now we want out of Europe it is perfect timing for the SNP to take power,at the end of the day thats all its about,who can take control and power at the time...not necessarily whats best for the people or country...which party can get to the trough first....

It would be a huge blow for the UK if Scotland leave but we have to accept it...it it goes tits up for them will they come back to us 5 years later with a different government in power cap in hand?

Maybe England will vote for independence next.... then that will be the end of the UK...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 19:47 - Jun 24 with 1672 viewsyescomeon

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 19:46 - Jun 24 by Lord_Bony

Talk about having their cake and eating it. Scotland voted to stay with the UK, now we want out of Europe it is perfect timing for the SNP to take power,at the end of the day thats all its about,who can take control and power at the time...not necessarily whats best for the people or country...which party can get to the trough first....

It would be a huge blow for the UK if Scotland leave but we have to accept it...it it goes tits up for them will they come back to us 5 years later with a different government in power cap in hand?

Maybe England will vote for independence next.... then that will be the end of the UK...

I live in hope.

Upthecity!

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 19:48 - Jun 24 with 1672 viewsDr_Winston

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 19:46 - Jun 24 by Lord_Bony

Would be really funny if they got their second referendum and still voted to stay. Wouldn't bet against it either.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 19:48 - Jun 24 with 1672 viewsexiledclaseboy

Scotland voted to stay in a UK that was a member of the EU. I don't blame them for putting plans in place for another independence vote now that we won't be.

Poll: Tory leader

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 19:53 - Jun 24 with 1656 viewsLord_Bony

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 19:48 - Jun 24 by Dr_Winston

Would be really funny if they got their second referendum and still voted to stay. Wouldn't bet against it either.

Well that would be the end of trout face and her little gang... the Scots want the EU it seems but they have no deep roots in it....would they have the stomach to leave the UK union and join the European Union is the question.

Salmon and Sturgeon know they must get this thing going soon....

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 19:59 - Jun 24 with 1642 viewsDr_Winston

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 19:53 - Jun 24 by Lord_Bony

Well that would be the end of trout face and her little gang... the Scots want the EU it seems but they have no deep roots in it....would they have the stomach to leave the UK union and join the European Union is the question.

Salmon and Sturgeon know they must get this thing going soon....

They have to be very, very careful and absolutely sure that Europe will have them if they decide to leave.

An entire nation hanging around outside any meaningful economic union like Peter Odemwingie outside Loftus Road would be a bit embarrassing for them.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 20:05 - Jun 24 with 1628 viewsLord_Bony

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 19:59 - Jun 24 by Dr_Winston

They have to be very, very careful and absolutely sure that Europe will have them if they decide to leave.

An entire nation hanging around outside any meaningful economic union like Peter Odemwingie outside Loftus Road would be a bit embarrassing for them.

Oh the EU will take them in alright...in fact they ll be actively encouraging them to leave us as they need to make the numbers up and give us a spanking in public for what we ve done.

Talking about numbers the acceleration of Turkey becoming a full member will now be put on super fast track mode soon....now that will be a laugh...

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 20:08 - Jun 24 with 1625 viewssherpajacob

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 18:11 - Jun 24 by pikeypaul

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/sep/03/can-scotland-be-independent-ster

Told last time by all major party leaders no chance by 3 party leaders and governor of Bank of England.

To say Scotland can just use sterling regardless is probably the most stupid thing I've ever read on this forum.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2016 18:16]

The article you've linked to actually explains how it works endorsed by the Adam Smith institute.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Login to get fewer ads

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 20:51 - Jun 24 with 1589 viewsStarsky

It's the only way Scotland can get into Europe.

It's just the internet, init.

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 20:59 - Jun 24 with 1582 viewsplasjack

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 20:51 - Jun 24 by Starsky

It's the only way Scotland can get into Europe.

Second class football nation and if they want to leave the UK they will be sorry as their oil wont last for much longer.
Scotland wants to leave the UK on 22:21 - Jun 24 with 1529 viewsmorningstar

They'll vote too stay when the SKY cut off letters come through the door and they're left with BBC Scotland and a return to the test card after 11pm (2pm on Saturdays after the Boris Karloff horror films)

[Post edited 24 Jun 2016 22:22]

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 22:34 - Jun 24 with 1503 viewsKerouac

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 17:51 - Jun 24 by pikeypaul

Just because the UK meets the criteria why do you assume a independent Scotland would?

They would have a total different economic structure.

Yes, they would have a very large deficit and would have Greek style austerity forced down their necks.
They'd also have to sign up to the Euro.

I'd let them have a referendum this week if they wanted, this time it should be spelled out that there won't be another one for a 100 years....no fukking excuses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 22:38 - Jun 24 with 1489 viewsHighjack

I thought the last referendum was given to them on the proviso that it was a one in a generation thing.

You can't just keep having f ucking referendums until you get the result you want.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 22:39 - Jun 24 with 1483 viewslonglostjack

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 22:34 - Jun 24 by Kerouac

Yes, they would have a very large deficit and would have Greek style austerity forced down their necks.
They'd also have to sign up to the Euro.

I'd let them have a referendum this week if they wanted, this time it should be spelled out that there won't be another one for a 100 years....no fukking excuses.

Why would they have to sign up to the Euro? Please explain.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 22:45 - Jun 24 with 1471 viewsmorningstar

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 22:38 - Jun 24 by Highjack

I thought the last referendum was given to them on the proviso that it was a one in a generation thing.

You can't just keep having f ucking referendums until you get the result you want.

Indeed. Scotland is part of the UK. 38% of the population wish to leave the EU. Does the SNP consider them? Of course not. Where does it end? 'ins' to the North 'leaves' to the South? It was a UK referendum and we voted too leave.

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 22:45 - Jun 24 with 1469 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 19:20 - Jun 24 by yescomeon

We are those kind of people.

No we aren't. Unless you, like some people i know are dying for the UK to fail just to turn around and say "we told you so".
That would be a very unBritish attitude.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 22:49 - Jun 24 with 1466 viewsmorningstar

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 22:39 - Jun 24 by longlostjack

Why would they have to sign up to the Euro? Please explain.

What currency would they enter the EU under then?

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 22:53 - Jun 24 with 1457 viewsKerouac

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 17:57 - Jun 24 by sherpajacob

I'll keep.It simple.

Let's say the price of a barrel of oil is $2.
If £1 = $2, i sell you a barrel of oil you pay me $2, I convert that $2 into £1.

If the pound falls so that £1=$1, and the price of a barrel of oil has fallen to $1. I sell you a barrel of oil, you pay me $1, I convert that $1 into £1.

If Scotland want to use sterling nobody can stop them.

True....but an independent Scotland applying to the EU would be signing up for the Euro.

What is funny is that the currency scenario you are proposing is the same situation the likes of Greece have found themselves in.

I'll keep it simple.
If they are "independent" and continue to use the pound they don't have control of their monetary policy.
Economics 101 - http://www.economicshelp.org/blog/534/economics/define-fiscal-and-monetary-polic

This is the source of the Eurozone problems. The likes of Greece have a currency that is too strong for them, Germany has one that is too weak (which assists them because they are a manufacturing based economy).
The ECB controls the fiscal and monetary policy.
Germany and France call the shots at the ECB.

An independent Scotland will need to be heavily subsidised by the EU and will be asked to make cuts....THE AUSTERITY POLICIES THAT THEY ARE SO OPPPOSED TOO(!)....the Scottish government will be hampered when it comes to promoting growth as they won't have the tools of fiscal and monetary policy.
They would be trapped and would have to suck up whatever the Germans told them to do.
Sturgeon and co. must really fukking hate the English.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 23:02 - Jun 24 with 1442 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 22:53 - Jun 24 by Kerouac

True....but an independent Scotland applying to the EU would be signing up for the Euro.

What is funny is that the currency scenario you are proposing is the same situation the likes of Greece have found themselves in.

I'll keep it simple.
If they are "independent" and continue to use the pound they don't have control of their monetary policy.
Economics 101 - http://www.economicshelp.org/blog/534/economics/define-fiscal-and-monetary-polic

This is the source of the Eurozone problems. The likes of Greece have a currency that is too strong for them, Germany has one that is too weak (which assists them because they are a manufacturing based economy).
The ECB controls the fiscal and monetary policy.
Germany and France call the shots at the ECB.

An independent Scotland will need to be heavily subsidised by the EU and will be asked to make cuts....THE AUSTERITY POLICIES THAT THEY ARE SO OPPPOSED TOO(!)....the Scottish government will be hampered when it comes to promoting growth as they won't have the tools of fiscal and monetary policy.
They would be trapped and would have to suck up whatever the Germans told them to do.
Sturgeon and co. must really fukking hate the English.

It will be the most ridiculous case of biting one's nose off to spite one's face in history..............

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 23:07 - Jun 24 with 1437 viewsyescomeon

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 22:45 - Jun 24 by Brynmill_Jack

No we aren't. Unless you, like some people i know are dying for the UK to fail just to turn around and say "we told you so".
That would be a very unBritish attitude.

No, not at all. To be quite honest. Right now. I don't much care what happens to whatever the remains of the UK will be called.

Upthecity!

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 23:12 - Jun 24 with 1433 viewslonglostjack

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 22:49 - Jun 24 by morningstar

What currency would they enter the EU under then?

Right that old chestnut.Was always raised by the Tories during the Scottish referendum. I'd imagine the Conservative and Unionist Party wouldn't stand in the way of the Scots maintaining the pound post EU referendum. There again you never know, they seem to be intent on breaking up the UK.

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 23:30 - Jun 24 with 1412 viewsmorningstar

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 23:12 - Jun 24 by longlostjack

Right that old chestnut.Was always raised by the Tories during the Scottish referendum. I'd imagine the Conservative and Unionist Party wouldn't stand in the way of the Scots maintaining the pound post EU referendum. There again you never know, they seem to be intent on breaking up the UK.

It's no longer an old chestnut though is it, as new lines would be drawn? Any new member to the EU would have to sign up to the Euro. Anyone who believes that Scotland as a new independent nation could join the EU with a non members currency would be naive at best.

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 23:41 - Jun 24 with 1397 viewslonglostjack

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 23:30 - Jun 24 by morningstar

It's no longer an old chestnut though is it, as new lines would be drawn? Any new member to the EU would have to sign up to the Euro. Anyone who believes that Scotland as a new independent nation could join the EU with a non members currency would be naive at best.

Naive? You're making an assumption. Anyone who can't distinguish facts from assumptions is a fantasist in my book. You provide the facts and I'll stand corrected.

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 23:50 - Jun 24 with 1385 viewsLord_Bony

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 23:41 - Jun 24 by longlostjack

Naive? You're making an assumption. Anyone who can't distinguish facts from assumptions is a fantasist in my book. You provide the facts and I'll stand corrected.

If an independent Scotland joined the EU they would prefer to do so using sterling ...the problem is the Bank of England won t allow them to do that and rightly so.

So they will have no option but to join under the Euro currency like all the other member states...the UK had special exemption under the Maastricht Treaty 25 years ago if anyone remembers that.

There would also be a border with controls at English Scottish border lands.

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 00:00 - Jun 25 with 1374 viewsmorningstar

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 23:41 - Jun 24 by longlostjack

I don't make assumptions, it's basic common sense. If you really believe that Scotland could enter the EU as a new member using a non members currency, then that is indeed the definition of fantasy. It's a totally different scenario to the Scottish independence referendum when the UK was part of the EU. I'm sure you can sit down and think about it sensibly if you want to. Honestly now, it's not worth debating. Scotland will be at the EU's mercy if it wishes to join as a new independent nation.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024