Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scotland wants to leave the UK 12:22 - Jun 24 with 12055 viewsLord_Bony

This is worrying if Scotland wants a new referendum...

First Minister Nicola Sturgeon:"Democratically unacceptable" for Scotland to be taken out of EU "against its will"

https://twitter.com/search?q=scotland+will+leave+uk&ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwc

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 00:11 - Jun 25 with 1009 viewsKerouac

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 23:41 - Jun 24 by longlostjack

Naive? You're making an assumption. Anyone who can't distinguish facts from assumptions is a fantasist in my book. You provide the facts and I'll stand corrected.

The facts; http://ec.europa.eu/economy_finance/euro/adoption/who_can_join/index_en.htm

I really can't be bothered so I'll dumb it down.

- Pounds for a while
- Big, big cuts
- jump through hoops
- switch to Euros
- a tiny little outpost of the United States of Europe who are bossed by the krauts for ever more....kidding themselves they're independent 'cos they can tinker around the edges
- A currency which will be to strong for them
- Their young leave to find decent work, but this time fewer wash up in London and a lot more move to Germany and end up looking, sounding like and living like Germans.

So, they are merely swapping England as a big brother for Germany.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 00:18 - Jun 25 with 995 viewsSkewenMitch

If Scotland split from the UK where would their money come from?
They get £10k per head from Westminster under the Barnett formula. If they left that would stop. So where would their money come from?
Scotland wants to leave the UK on 00:19 - Jun 25 with 985 viewsKerouac

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 00:18 - Jun 25 by SkewenMitch

If Scotland split from the UK where would their money come from?
They get £10k per head from Westminster under the Barnett formula. If they left that would stop. So where would their money come from?

A fukk load of cuts

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 00:30 - Jun 25 with 970 viewsyescomeon

Where does anyones money come from.

Upthecity!

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 00:32 - Jun 25 with 966 viewsLord_Bony

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 00:30 - Jun 25 by yescomeon

Where does anyones money come from.

These days?

Its mainly printed out of thin air by successive governments or just a load of digits on a computer screen.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 00:32 - Jun 25 with 1002 viewsyescomeon

UK has its independence it will face cuts. It the Scots want do their own version of this. England and especially Wales are in no position to be giving lectures.

Upthecity!

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 00:33 - Jun 25 with 1002 viewsImAlrightJack

BLODDY YES SCOTLAND!!!. Stand up and say "country!, not region!!", then after that we can do the same.
Scotland wants to leave the UK on 00:35 - Jun 25 with 999 viewsmorningstar

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 00:32 - Jun 25 by Lord_Bony

These days?

Its mainly printed out of thin air by successive governments or just a load of digits on a computer screen.

Exactly. I print my own and sell em down the pub for half price on Giro day. Makes a fvckin killin i do!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Login to get fewer ads

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 00:40 - Jun 25 with 990 viewssherpajacob

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 22:49 - Jun 24 by morningstar

What currency would they enter the EU under then?

This really isn't that difficult.
Scotland is already in the EU and uses the £

Uk will leave the EU in June 2018.
Scotland votes for independence from UK in 2017. 1st January 2018 Scotland is independent(still in eu) using scottish £ , parity with English £. If bank of England don't agree just use currency substitution. June 2018 England and Wales sail.off using English £, Scotland remains in eu using scottish £.
The Czechs and the slovaks managed It.

Poland, Bulgaria, Denmark and others don't use the euro, why should Scotland?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 00:43 - Jun 25 with 984 viewsKerouac

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 00:32 - Jun 25 by yescomeon

UK has its independence it will face cuts. It the Scots want do their own version of this. England and especially Wales are in no position to be giving lectures.

Yeah, it's just that the SNP (the party who can't accept the result of the last Independence referendum and are demanding a new one) have been claiming that Austerity policies are not necessary and questioning the morality of any government in Westminster who ask them to make a few cuts.

Yet they would create a situation that would result in cuts on an unprecedented scale in Scotland, dwarfing the cuts of the last 6 years....they'd do this tomorrow if they could.

Do you not see a problem with that?

....and what if we agreed to them keeping the pound on their independence whilst they "converge" and force them to take their fair share of the national debt....how many years of radical cuts do you think the Scots would be forced to endure?
Who's fault would that be?
[Post edited 25 Jun 2016 0:46]

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 00:45 - Jun 25 with 980 viewsKerouac

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 00:40 - Jun 25 by sherpajacob

Scotland votes for independence from UK in 2017. 1st January 2018 Scotland is independent(still in eu) using scottish £ , parity with English £. If bank of England don't agree just use currency substitution. June 2018 England and Wales sail.off using English £, Scotland remains in eu using scottish £.

http://ec.europa.eu/economy_finance/euro/adoption/who_can_join/index_en.htm

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 00:50 - Jun 25 with 963 viewsyescomeon

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 00:43 - Jun 25 by Kerouac

Yeah, it's just that the SNP (the party who can't accept the result of the last Independence referendum and are demanding a new one) have been claiming that Austerity policies are not necessary and questioning the morality of any government in Westminster who ask them to make a few cuts.

Yet they would create a situation that would result in cuts on an unprecedented scale in Scotland, dwarfing the cuts of the last 6 years....they'd do this tomorrow if they could.

Do you not see a problem with that?

....and what if we agreed to them keeping the pound on their independence whilst they "converge" and force them to take their fair share of the national debt....how many years of radical cuts do you think the Scots would be forced to endure?
Who's fault would that be?
[Post edited 25 Jun 2016 0:46]

Some of that sounds speculative but its not really my business. It's down to them though it's their choice. They knew what was in the SNP manifesto when the elected them. It's the same with this EU referendum we just had. There are economic repercussions of brexit but it happened.

Upthecity!

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 00:50 - Jun 25 with 963 viewsmorningstar

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 00:40 - Jun 25 by sherpajacob

Thanks for wasting 20 seconds of my life.

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 00:53 - Jun 25 with 957 viewssherpajacob

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 00:45 - Jun 25 by Kerouac

http://ec.europa.eu/economy_finance/euro/adoption/who_can_join/index_en.htm

Scotland won't be applying to join. They are already in.

It's England and Wales who are leaving.

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 01:02 - Jun 25 with 940 viewslonglostjack

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 00:00 - Jun 25 by morningstar

I don't make assumptions, it's basic common sense. If you really believe that Scotland could enter the EU as a new member using a non members currency, then that is indeed the definition of fantasy. It's a totally different scenario to the Scottish independence referendum when the UK was part of the EU. I'm sure you can sit down and think about it sensibly if you want to. Honestly now, it's not worth debating. Scotland will be at the EU's mercy if it wishes to join as a new independent nation.

Not worth debating? Well there you go that tells me all I need to know. The laws of gravity may not be worth debating but Economics and Politics is a different matter. At the EU's mercy ? Who are these faceless bureaucrats who form this evil empire. Ye gods.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 01:03 - Jun 25 with 939 viewsKerouac

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 00:53 - Jun 25 by sherpajacob

Yeah and I bet they'll get a rebate as well.

Scotland won't be the UK.
They will have left the UK (who have left the EU) and be a new state who won't be anywhere near the 5 convergence criteria. Go back and read the link again.

Of course the EU could choose to treat Scotland differently, let them break the rules (France gets away with it after all!) just to piss us off.
Unfortunately that would piss Greece and some others off also
[Post edited 25 Jun 2016 1:05]

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 01:08 - Jun 25 with 931 viewssherpajacob

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 01:03 - Jun 25 by Kerouac

Yeah and I bet they'll get a rebate as well.

Scotland won't be the UK.
They will have left the UK (who have left the EU) and be a new state who won't be anywhere near the 5 convergence criteria. Go back and read the link again.

Of course the EU could choose to treat Scotland differently, let them break the rules (France gets away with it after all!) just to piss us off.
Unfortunately that would piss Greece and some others off also
[Post edited 25 Jun 2016 1:05]

Isn't that what the brexiters have been saying all along.

The eu just make up their own rules in order to piss the English off.

Well now they may have the chance to do just that.

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 01:14 - Jun 25 with 923 viewsmorningstar

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 01:02 - Jun 25 by longlostjack

Not worth debating? Well there you go that tells me all I need to know. The laws of gravity may not be worth debating but Economics and Politics is a different matter. At the EU's mercy ? Who are these faceless bureaucrats who form this evil empire. Ye gods.

That's a great paragraph fair play. Nothing of any substance in there of course, but well typed all the same.

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 01:34 - Jun 25 with 913 viewsDJack

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 12:24 - Jun 24 by Highjack

If it will take turkey decades to join the EU then how long will it take Scotland?

Highjack, your are not normally this disingenuous but as we both KNOW the barriers to do with Turkey are centred around good governance/human rights . I'm very disappointed with your deceit... are you Mr Gove or Mr Farage?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 05:25 - Jun 25 with 884 viewsHighjack

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 01:34 - Jun 25 by DJack

Highjack, your are not normally this disingenuous but as we both KNOW the barriers to do with Turkey are centred around good governance/human rights . I'm very disappointed with your deceit... are you Mr Gove or Mr Farage?

I like to use my talent for talking bollocks to provoke and facilitate discussion.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 06:13 - Jun 25 with 878 viewsDr_Winston

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 22:38 - Jun 24 by Highjack

I thought the last referendum was given to them on the proviso that it was a one in a generation thing.

You can't just keep having f ucking referendums until you get the result you want.

Never stopped the EU before...

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 08:03 - Jun 25 with 849 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 00:00 - Jun 25 by morningstar

I don't make assumptions, it's basic common sense. If you really believe that Scotland could enter the EU as a new member using a non members currency, then that is indeed the definition of fantasy. It's a totally different scenario to the Scottish independence referendum when the UK was part of the EU. I'm sure you can sit down and think about it sensibly if you want to. Honestly now, it's not worth debating. Scotland will be at the EU's mercy if it wishes to join as a new independent nation.

Yes it will be at the EU's mercy.
But they can join the EU and not be part of the Euro The UK did after all.
The deal point here is would Westminster allow Scotland to use sterling? The answer to this should be the same as the EU 's stance towards us yesterday - "when you're out, you're out".

Faced with that scenario /reality, would the Scots really vote to leave ?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 08:11 - Jun 25 with 841 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 00:53 - Jun 25 by sherpajacob

The UK will have left before Scottish independence can come about. So yes, they will have to apply to join. Unless you think that Wales, England, Scotland and NI joined the EU separately.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 08:44 - Jun 25 with 836 viewsscottishjack

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 13:17 - Jun 24 by father_jack

what doesn't that cun.t sturgeon understand?
her country voted to stay in the uk.
the uk voted to leave europe.

Shut the fuc.k up you hag.

The SNP is doing a good job for the Scots people until it turns to this independence nonsense... I was about to post something similar to your post...

That's it in a nutshell, didn't want to leave the UK, then the UK voted to leave Europe... It's quite simple really.

Or another example of "Keep voting till we get the right result?"
Scotland wants to leave the UK on 11:02 - Jun 25 with 806 viewsbathgatejack

Scotland wants to leave the UK on 08:44 - Jun 25 by scottishjack

The SNP is doing a good job for the Scots people until it turns to this independence nonsense... I was about to post something similar to your post...

That's it in a nutshell, didn't want to leave the UK, then the UK voted to leave Europe... It's quite simple really.

Or another example of "Keep voting till we get the right result?"

I am just happy to be alive
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024