Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Immigrants in Wales 09:31 - Jun 25 with 6680 viewstrampie

Has the huge immigrant population of Wales skewed the referendum vote in Wales ?

What is it something like a quarter of the population of Wales was not born in Wales, what can the Welsh do if they cant win via the ballot box ? ............ hmm

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Immigrants in Wales on 09:31 - Jun 25 with 4226 viewsSwansNZ

WALIP

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Immigrants in Wales on 09:35 - Jun 25 with 4211 viewsLord_Bony

WALLY

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Immigrants in Wales on 09:44 - Jun 25 with 4183 viewsSwansNZ

Immigrants in Wales on 09:35 - Jun 25 by Lord_Bony

WALLY

Where?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Immigrants in Wales on 09:46 - Jun 25 with 4179 viewsLord_Bony

Immigrants in Wales on 09:44 - Jun 25 by SwansNZ

Where?

What?

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Immigrants in Wales on 09:50 - Jun 25 with 4166 viewsnice_to_michu

Give it a rest, you're so tiresome.

The Brexit vote was strongest amongst some of our poorest communities. Hardly places where wealthy English "immigrants" (a ridiculous term to use considering we are all in the United Kingdom) come retire is it?!
Immigrants in Wales on 10:08 - Jun 25 with 4139 viewsSwaneeRiver

Nothing to do with the immigrants.
Those with half a brain would realise there are greater issues than just immigration.
The codswallop about "They come here taking our jobs" has been going on for many years.
The Irish Navvies, West Indian Bus Drivers and Conductors, Polish plumbers, now it's Turkish hairdressers and car cleaners.etc, etc
Many of these people either do jobs many British people won't or don't do, work for lower than minimum wage, or else work very long hours. Often a combination of all of these.
Plus they tend to be more reliable than "some" British workmen
For many, the money we pay into the pot is an issue.
For others, it was being told what to do by foreign powers (how times have changed - British Empire et al)
It was a very complex decision that I don't feel many ever knew enough about to make an informed decision
[Post edited 25 Jun 2016 10:50]
Immigrants in Wales on 09:07 - Jun 26 with 4009 viewsKilkennyjack

Immigrants in Wales on 09:50 - Jun 25 by nice_to_michu

Give it a rest, you're so tiresome.

The Brexit vote was strongest amongst some of our poorest communities. Hardly places where wealthy English "immigrants" (a ridiculous term to use considering we are all in the United Kingdom) come retire is it?!

Not so ridiculous when it dilutes the welsh culture until its meaningless. We want to keep the welsh language and culture safe for future generations - it enriches us all. It does not take much to provide reasonable safeguards that have helped preserve minority cultures the world over. Its normal.

Beware of the Risen People

Immigrants in Wales on 09:23 - Jun 26 with 3993 viewsmagicdaps10

The EU wether they know it or not are killing the history and tradition of many a country. I am all for free movement but like so many things has to be controlled and that is not what has been done.

To keep history and tradition then these people going into countries have to integrate into their new surroundings, this has not been happening albeit some have made a superb effort.

I am proud to say that my wife is Irish and she goes well out of her way to let the kids know that they are Welsh. She goes out and buys welsh costumes for St Davids day and Welsh football and rugby tops and not once has she bought a Irish top for them but reminds them occasionally of her Irish roots and they respect that, she has never pushed them like many a other Irish parent that i know living in the UK...........whatever your view this is definitely a issue!

I am a firm believer of when in Rome, but as stated this is not the only issue of what is many as to why people voted out.

To the original post, i would feel the so called huge Immigrant population that was mentioned would have made the vote go the other way........................if there were a huge population of Immigrants in Wales then i would have suspected it would have gone the other way.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Login to get fewer ads

Immigrants in Wales on 12:31 - Jun 26 with 3900 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Immigrants in Wales on 09:07 - Jun 26 by Kilkennyjack

Not so ridiculous when it dilutes the welsh culture until its meaningless. We want to keep the welsh language and culture safe for future generations - it enriches us all. It does not take much to provide reasonable safeguards that have helped preserve minority cultures the world over. Its normal.

Go down to St Helen's school in the Sandfields on St David's day and see all the little girls of sub continental heritage proudly wearing their Welsh hats and shawls.

We have an event of culture which we run for the general population , the international community and the youth. It's called the eisteddfod.

Listen to the footballing world wonder at our fantastic football fans singing our hugely impressive national anthem as if their lives depended upon it.

Welsh culture has never been more popular.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Immigrants in Wales on 12:51 - Jun 26 with 3873 viewsjack247

Does Wales have a huge immigrant population then?
Immigrants in Wales on 12:53 - Jun 26 with 3871 viewsDr_Winston

Immigrants in Wales on 12:51 - Jun 26 by jack247

Does Wales have a huge immigrant population then?

If you think anyone with a drop of blood originating the other side of Offa's Dyke an immigrant like Trampie does then yeah.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Immigrants in Wales on 13:45 - Jun 26 with 3837 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Immigrants in Wales on 12:53 - Jun 26 by Dr_Winston

If you think anyone with a drop of blood originating the other side of Offa's Dyke an immigrant like Trampie does then yeah.

Trampie's surname is actually Hamilton Fletcher - Smythe. But he was born in Glynneath so that's ok.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Immigrants in Wales on 13:50 - Jun 26 with 3825 viewsHumpty

Good point. It was all the English immigrants with holiday homes in Newport, Swansea and Merthyr wot dun it.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2016 13:51]
Immigrants in Wales on 13:51 - Jun 26 with 3820 viewstrampie

Immigrants in Wales on 13:45 - Jun 26 by Brynmill_Jack

Trampie's surname is actually Hamilton Fletcher - Smythe. But he was born in Glynneath so that's ok.

I've got a Celtic name not that matters, if you want to support right wing little Englander politics Brynmill Jack that is your business, if I support left wing Welsh politics that is my business.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Immigrants in Wales on 13:57 - Jun 26 with 3813 viewsLohengrin

Immigrants in Wales on 13:51 - Jun 26 by trampie

I've got a Celtic name not that matters, if you want to support right wing little Englander politics Brynmill Jack that is your business, if I support left wing Welsh politics that is my business.

Isn't "business" a swear word in those ever-decreasing circles, Tramp?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Immigrants in Wales on 14:11 - Jun 26 with 3798 viewslondonlisa2001

Immigrants in Wales on 13:51 - Jun 26 by trampie

Aye - Twpsyn ap Twp.
Immigrants in Wales on 14:21 - Jun 26 with 3777 viewstrampie

Immigrants in Wales on 14:11 - Jun 26 by londonlisa2001

Aye - Twpsyn ap Twp.

Immigrants in Wales on 14:22 - Jun 26 with 3774 viewslondonlisa2001

Immigrants in Wales on 14:21 - Jun 26 by trampie

Immigrants in Wales on 14:39 - Jun 26 with 3746 viewsexiledclaseboy

This is worth a read.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/brexit-wales-eu-referendum-vote-leave-uk-ign

Poll: Tory leader

Immigrants in Wales on 21:05 - Jun 26 with 3609 viewsperchrockjack

Surely Welsh language and culture is of lesser significance than our kids having a country able to provide a future of some quality.

Whether you have Welsh English or xsosa as your mother tongue isn't as important as decent house, quality of life.
Unless you like complaining whinging and bitching in Welsh , watching a wealthier world drift by.

Language is a dangerous divisive tool which is evident by the racist hate on here by trampie and Kilkenny .

Together United not divided to die

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Immigrants in Wales on 21:12 - Jun 26 with 3585 viewstrampie

No racist hate from me or Kilkenny Perch, seems like the hate is from you towards me and Kilkenny and towards Welsh people and Swansea people.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2016 21:13]

Immigrants in Wales on 21:13 - Jun 26 with 3570 viewslifelong

Immigrants in Wales on 21:05 - Jun 26 by perchrockjack

Surely Welsh language and culture is of lesser significance than our kids having a country able to provide a future of some quality.

Whether you have Welsh English or xsosa as your mother tongue isn't as important as decent house, quality of life.
Unless you like complaining whinging and bitching in Welsh , watching a wealthier world drift by.

Language is a dangerous divisive tool which is evident by the racist hate on here by trampie and Kilkenny .

I speak fluent xsosa.
Immigrants in Wales on 21:16 - Jun 26 with 3551 viewsDarran

Immigrants in Wales on 21:13 - Jun 26 by lifelong

I speak fluent xsosa.

Move to Liverpool you can learn fluent hubcap.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Immigrants in Wales on 21:18 - Jun 26 with 3547 viewsBigPhilG

Immigrants in Wales on 21:05 - Jun 26 by perchrockjack

I can speak Welsh and I'm no racist. I find your post offensive and xenophobic in nature but you probably know that

Happy to confirm yours as the most vile post I've read in a long time. How dare you insult my language and my culture go back and crawl under the rock where you came from
Immigrants in Wales on 21:20 - Jun 26 with 3535 viewsperchrockjack

Not only are you openly racist in its purest sense, you are arrogance personified. If you had your way, what? No jobs for non Welsh speakers, no homes sold to English people,

Thankfully, you are in a tiny minority , a political fossil wrapped up in pitiful divisive drivel .

You and your type divide monoglot and bilingual Welsh people.

It's what makes us so insular and so prone to inter necine squabbles.

Left wing? Don't tell me...that s the best.

Welsh/English... We re the same people, at least those from the north east, north west and west midlands..

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024