Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Labour about to collapse. 09:44 - Jun 26 with 19001 viewstrampie

Labour is on the verge of collapse both internally and amongst voters, apparently a third of people that voted Labour in the last General Election would now vote for other parties, people are also speculating that up to a half of the Labour shadow cabinet could resign.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Labour about to collapse. on 13:55 - Jun 26 with 1008 viewsLohengrin

Labour about to collapse. on 13:51 - Jun 26 by Phil_S

Eight members of the shadow cabinet down

Corbyn has to go surely

Give it until tea time, Phil. It will just be Jezz and Diane in an otherwise empty room singing I Got You Babe.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Labour about to collapse. on 13:57 - Jun 26 with 1004 viewsPhil_S

Labour about to collapse. on 13:55 - Jun 26 by Lohengrin

Give it until tea time, Phil. It will just be Jezz and Diane in an otherwise empty room singing I Got You Babe.

And Andy Burnham don't forget...
Labour about to collapse. on 13:58 - Jun 26 with 1002 viewsLohengrin

Labour about to collapse. on 13:57 - Jun 26 by Phil_S

And Andy Burnham don't forget...

Gooseberry!

Labour about to collapse. on 14:08 - Jun 26 with 987 viewsBarrySwan

Labour about to collapse. on 11:22 - Jun 26 by Lord_Bony

Absolutely.

The United Kingdom is like a large cruise liner with no crew floundering on the high seas while the passengers await a new one...

But having said that we have been in far worse positions in the past...I m pretty sure it will be sorted over the next few years with minimal impact to the man in the street.

These are not easy times but we will pull through....

Belgium quite recently (just a couple of years ago) operated quite happily with no government for almost two years run by it's civil service.

Which kind of demonstrates to a certain extent exactly how essential politicians really are.
Labour about to collapse. on 14:12 - Jun 26 with 981 viewsHighjack

Labour about to collapse. on 13:16 - Jun 26 by Phil_S

Now now you will just have the "leave" voters coming on here and telling you you need to get over it

But they do need to get over it in fairness. The tantrums are embarrassing to watch.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Labour about to collapse. on 14:14 - Jun 26 with 977 viewslondonlisa2001

Labour about to collapse. on 14:08 - Jun 26 by BarrySwan

Belgium quite recently (just a couple of years ago) operated quite happily with no government for almost two years run by it's civil service.

Which kind of demonstrates to a certain extent exactly how essential politicians really are.

And a couple of people that I know who live there say that two year period is exactly what allowed the Moslem fundamentalist terror groups to flourish and eventually carry out multiple attacks in Paris and Brussels and several others that have thankfully been foiled.
Labour about to collapse. on 14:15 - Jun 26 with 976 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Labour about to collapse. on 13:46 - Jun 26 by monmouth

I'm still in a you've all made your bed now lie in it' mode. Probably the most amusing thing I've seen on the tellybox is some market trader saying 'I voted out but expected to wake up on Friday and still be in. Now I'm scared and wish I hadn't voted out'

Oh and as a ps, the fact these c**ts that were quick to shout the odds for the last 6 weeks have now disappeared of the face of the planet is despicable. We should really have some lynch mobs to flush them out to explain themselves. I've been quite taken by Canada lately. Anyone coming?
[Post edited 26 Jun 2016 13:51]

Do you think you are capable of meeting Canada's strict Immigration rules?
And you can forget Australia unless you have a job lined up and you will have to do retraining as whatever qualifications you may have will not be recognised by them, over 50? well unless you are very rich you can forget it as well.
Perhaps you should try New Zealand.
Labour about to collapse. on 14:17 - Jun 26 with 967 viewsItchySphincter

Labour about to collapse. on 11:31 - Jun 26 by Brynmill_Jack

If I were trampie I'd be more worried about how utterly irrelevant plaid are in their own country.

Labour will be fine, the London vote seems to be made up predominantly of blairites, and the rest of the country outvoted London in the referendum anyway.

Itchy seems to be under the impression that MP's can just get rid of Corbyn in a fit of pique but even if he resigned to force another membership ballot the MEMBERS (the little people who voted him in by a landslide) will encourage him to stand again and then re elect him.

Itchy mentions "sensible policies". These same "sensible" policies have been in place since pre New Labour and have resulted in the worst austerity crisis since the 1930's due to unregulated financial chaos condoned and encouraged by government, the cheap offloading of the country's gold reserves for next to nothing, the complete and utter decimation of any manufacturing industry we had left (I really don't think steel in PT is safe and it's our only blast furnace LEFT) and participation in three or four foreign wars which have left a gaping wound in our armed forces from the dead and maimed young men and women of this country not to mention hundreds of thousands of dead men women and children who actually lived happily enough in those places before we joined the American crusade.
And that's not even including the terror and fear it's imported into our own doorsteps.

As a country we've tried the centre right route for thirty to forty years now and it will never work. The definition of idiocy is trying the same method repeatedly and expecting different results. Wake up , it's NEVER going to work for the benefit of the people of this country of ours.

Instead of demonizing Corbyn people should demonize the political anti Christ's that rubbish his vision for a better Britain where public services are protected, the NHS goes back to something that works properly in public hands, affordable social housing for young people is provided so they don't bankrupt themselves trying to buy a garden shed to live in, accountability for bankers so they have to think twice about gambling away their depositors cash like a Saturday night drunk on a one armed bandi ---t and a fairer more egalitarian Britain.

Because egalitarianism means less division, more commonality and a happier populace. It maybe that's wrong and a minority view nowadays?
[Post edited 26 Jun 2016 11:38]

Putting words in my mouth there Bryn. I just presented a scenario whereby Labour could make gains and we would remain in the EU by democratic means. It was hypothetical.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Login to get fewer ads

Labour about to collapse. on 14:18 - Jun 26 with 968 viewslondonlisa2001

Labour about to collapse. on 14:12 - Jun 26 by Highjack

But they do need to get over it in fairness. The tantrums are embarrassing to watch.

Why is it that posts on here that disagree with the outcome of the vote are being described as 'tantrums' or people that express concern are being described as 'spoilt brats'?

Don't people have a right to express dissent or disagreement in the new right wing utopia?
Labour about to collapse. on 14:19 - Jun 26 with 962 viewsItchySphincter

Labour about to collapse. on 12:04 - Jun 26 by Darran

John McDonnell just said on Sky News that the Tories are in disarray.

You can't think they're not in a bit of trouble?

Labour about to collapse. on 14:19 - Jun 26 with 965 viewstrampie

Labour about to collapse. on 13:43 - Jun 26 by Brynmill_Jack

He was a union rep before entering politics . Yes, he has spent most of his life in Westminster but in contrast to the millibands of this world he did actually do something else before.

Hilary is a Labour man is it, lol, have you heard him talk, sounds like he has a plum in his gob, then we Jeremy from the shires and now part of the Islington set is the Labour leader is it, lol.

I will put my faith in Leanne from the valleys myself butt.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Labour about to collapse. on 14:21 - Jun 26 with 952 viewsDr_Winston

Labour about to collapse. on 14:08 - Jun 26 by BarrySwan

Perhaps the Civil Servants should just run everything.

We could take suggestions from the public every second Tuesday.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Labour about to collapse. on 14:23 - Jun 26 with 946 viewsItchySphincter

Labour about to collapse. on 12:43 - Jun 26 by Lohengrin

On the first part you're joking, right? We'd be here for months posting up links.

Empathy? It would get support from me and anybody else of a nationalist bent. A nation's infrastructure is exactly that. It's both a shared inheritance and a shared obligation to maintain.

If nothing else I think the vote to Leave may be the signal for a real sea-change in British politics. It is going to free people up, embolden them to say what they really think. We've all been taken for a ride for far too long.

Absolutely, this is cross party politics. They are all flailing and the country could swing from right to left in a matter of weeks or months at the moment. Labour's biggest problem at the moment is that they have an un-electable leader who is seen by many to have halfheartedly led the Labour charge for Brexit.

Labour about to collapse. on 14:25 - Jun 26 with 946 viewswaynekerr55

A union man who didn't even finish university as he 'disagreed with the curriculum'.

As I've said before, anyone who blindly trusts and a supports the biggoted hypocrite Abbott shouldn't be allowed to run a bath, never mind the opposition.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Labour about to collapse. on 14:27 - Jun 26 with 943 viewsmonmouth

Labour about to collapse. on 14:15 - Jun 26 by A_Fans_Dad

Do you think you are capable of meeting Canada's strict Immigration rules?
And you can forget Australia unless you have a job lined up and you will have to do retraining as whatever qualifications you may have will not be recognised by them, over 50? well unless you are very rich you can forget it as well.
Perhaps you should try New Zealand.

Aye I could get into any. Massochism keeps me here, along with she who must be obeyed, obviously, even though she could also get in in her own right.

I'll stay on the ship even if she sinks. It's still my ship.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Labour about to collapse. on 14:29 - Jun 26 with 939 viewsLohengrin

Labour about to collapse. on 14:19 - Jun 26 by trampie

Hilary is a Labour man is it, lol, have you heard him talk, sounds like he has a plum in his gob, then we Jeremy from the shires and now part of the Islington set is the Labour leader is it, lol.

I will put my faith in Leanne from the valleys myself butt.

Ah! Trampie!

Labour about to collapse. on 14:31 - Jun 26 with 933 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Labour about to collapse. on 13:12 - Jun 26 by londonlisa2001

The problem is that it is incredibly difficult for any of them to know what to do.

A referendum which should never have been called, turned into a Conservative party internal battle, while the only person of note from any party who actually wanted Brexit to win has absolutely no mandate from the British electorate to do anything.

No one on the leave side ever wanted to leave. none of the conservatives want to leave other than a few right wing loons who take their political ideas of foreign relations from reruns of Dads Army, none of Labour want to leave other than possibly their leader who has absolutely no support whatsoever from his parliamentary party and a ridiculously insignificant German who saw an opportunity for advancement. None of the national parties want to leave, the Lib Dems don't want to leave and yet they are sitting on a result caused by people protesting about the unfairness of their lives by voting for the one thing guaranteed to make them worse off.

They thought maybe they could spin it out a bit and get offered some sweeteners from the EU to allow Boris or similar to return to the people with a new deal and our bluff has been called by the EU partners who were supposedly 'desperate for us to stay', but who are now saying we should sod off as quickly as humanly possible while they attempt to remove guards from the Calais camps and move financial services to Frankfurt as quickly as their feet can carry them.

Meanwhile, the people who voted in protest now say in relatively large numbers that they were only joking or alternatively say 'we can be like Norway' ignoring the fact that Norway has free movement of people, is bound by virtually every EU regulation without veto or input, and is one of the two countries that can supply the EU member states with gas and is therefore in a pretty powerful negotiating position.

It's an absolute disaster and to be frank my only surprise is that Cameron hasn't said he'll leave on Monday.

But there we go, at least 'London' is unhappy.

Lisa, only half the story, most of which are Remain Headlines.
The ones calling for fast action are the Presidents of the EU and the Foreign Ministers of the 6 founding countries, not their Heads of State.
In fact Germany is not calling for it, in fact Merkel is calling for calm.
The person calling the removal of the Calais Camp is the Mayor of Calais, who has been calling for the same thing since it was created, so nothing new there then.
The UE heads are now calling for re-thinking of the direction the EU has been going in and actually listening to the peoples of Europe.
Labour about to collapse. on 14:31 - Jun 26 with 929 viewsexiledclaseboy

Labour about to collapse. on 14:21 - Jun 26 by Dr_Winston

Perhaps the Civil Servants should just run everything.

We could take suggestions from the public every second Tuesday.

Civil servants already run everything. They just ask ministers to "make" the important "decisions" that the CS wants them to make.

Poll: Tory leader

Labour about to collapse. on 14:40 - Jun 26 with 897 viewsItchySphincter

Labour about to collapse. on 13:12 - Jun 26 by londonlisa2001

The problem is that it is incredibly difficult for any of them to know what to do.

A referendum which should never have been called, turned into a Conservative party internal battle, while the only person of note from any party who actually wanted Brexit to win has absolutely no mandate from the British electorate to do anything.

No one on the leave side ever wanted to leave. none of the conservatives want to leave other than a few right wing loons who take their political ideas of foreign relations from reruns of Dads Army, none of Labour want to leave other than possibly their leader who has absolutely no support whatsoever from his parliamentary party and a ridiculously insignificant German who saw an opportunity for advancement. None of the national parties want to leave, the Lib Dems don't want to leave and yet they are sitting on a result caused by people protesting about the unfairness of their lives by voting for the one thing guaranteed to make them worse off.

They thought maybe they could spin it out a bit and get offered some sweeteners from the EU to allow Boris or similar to return to the people with a new deal and our bluff has been called by the EU partners who were supposedly 'desperate for us to stay', but who are now saying we should sod off as quickly as humanly possible while they attempt to remove guards from the Calais camps and move financial services to Frankfurt as quickly as their feet can carry them.

Meanwhile, the people who voted in protest now say in relatively large numbers that they were only joking or alternatively say 'we can be like Norway' ignoring the fact that Norway has free movement of people, is bound by virtually every EU regulation without veto or input, and is one of the two countries that can supply the EU member states with gas and is therefore in a pretty powerful negotiating position.

It's an absolute disaster and to be frank my only surprise is that Cameron hasn't said he'll leave on Monday.

But there we go, at least 'London' is unhappy.

You've been quiet since the result Lisa but I've been making very similar points for the last 24 hours.

Labour about to collapse. on 14:40 - Jun 26 with 899 viewslondonlisa2001

Labour about to collapse. on 14:31 - Jun 26 by A_Fans_Dad

The ones calling for fast action are the Presidents of the EU and the Foreign Ministers of the 6 founding countries, not their Heads of State.
The person calling the removal of the Calais Camp is the Mayor of Calais, who has been calling for the same thing since it was created, so nothing new there then.
The UE heads are now calling for re-thinking of the direction the EU has been going in and actually listening to the peoples of Europe.

Yes, it's all 'project fear' isn't it?

I'm not suggesting that the EU may not change direction - the issue is, that unless parliament ignores the wishes of the electorate (which it may do, but it's difficult to see how) we won't be part of it.

They simply cannot allow us to have our cake and eat it. It won't happen.
Labour about to collapse. on 14:43 - Jun 26 with 890 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Labour about to collapse. on 14:31 - Jun 26 by exiledclaseboy

Civil servants already run everything. They just ask ministers to "make" the important "decisions" that the CS wants them to make.

"Yes Minister"!
Labour about to collapse. on 14:45 - Jun 26 with 881 viewsPrivate_Partz

Labour about to collapse. on 14:31 - Jun 26 by A_Fans_Dad

Your half is smaller than hers ;-) You have a point though. Had the vote gone the other way but remained very close I am sure it would have caused a major rethink within the EU and the direction it was going. Unfortunately any rethink, future development and direction change will now take place without any input from the UK.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Labour about to collapse. on 14:46 - Jun 26 with 878 viewsexiledclaseboy

Labour about to collapse. on 14:43 - Jun 26 by A_Fans_Dad

"Yes Minister"!

Yes, Minister was really a fly on the wall documentary, not a sitcom.

Poll: Tory leader

Labour about to collapse. on 14:53 - Jun 26 with 864 viewsdailew

Labour about to collapse. on 14:46 - Jun 26 by exiledclaseboy

Yes, Minister was really a fly on the wall documentary, not a sitcom.

Easy to forget how good that program was.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Labour about to collapse. on 14:53 - Jun 26 with 858 viewslondonlisa2001

Labour about to collapse. on 14:40 - Jun 26 by ItchySphincter

You've been quiet since the result Lisa but I've been making very similar points for the last 24 hours.

I've had a busy few days so haven't had chance to catch up - apologies if you'd already said it!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024