Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Labour about to collapse. 09:44 - Jun 26 with 19043 viewstrampie

Labour is on the verge of collapse both internally and amongst voters, apparently a third of people that voted Labour in the last General Election would now vote for other parties, people are also speculating that up to a half of the Labour shadow cabinet could resign.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Labour about to collapse. on 16:17 - Jun 26 with 1137 viewslondonlisa2001

Labour about to collapse. on 16:11 - Jun 26 by monmouth

It's becoming fairly clear isn't it that NOBODY in Westminster - or Europe - thought there were two possible outcomes? No one thought we would be so monumentally self indulgent as to cut off our nose to spite our face (sorry Highjack but that's the clear view of the outcome, not by me, but by virtually all commentators now that the promises on funding and immigration ghave been shown to be the work of utter lying shits that didn't even believe in their own lies or desire the 'win' that they got through those lies).

It's like planning for the second coming of a son of god that didn't come first time. "What would we do if they actually voted no?" "Hahahahaha, good one, more Krug all round".

Actually the ones that seemingly did have a Brexit plan are the Germans. It involves making things as sh*t as possible for us to deter anyone else apparently.

Quelle sur-bloody-prise.

Oh, but, but, but, they want us to buy their cars. Yeah, because we'll just buy the ones built here instead won't we, oh wait...we don't have any, perhaps we'll still have to buy their cars after all, they'll just cost more money.
Labour about to collapse. on 16:45 - Jun 26 with 1083 viewsmonmouth

Labour about to collapse. on 16:03 - Jun 26 by londonlisa2001

Yeah.

And that sort of uncertainty is loved by the markets and investors. So loads of people will lose their jobs and the 'austerity measures' of the past few years will seem like Viv Nicholson on speed.

Ah, maybe I should have used one of those smileys there...:)

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Labour about to collapse. on 16:48 - Jun 26 with 1077 viewslondonlisa2001

Labour about to collapse. on 16:45 - Jun 26 by monmouth

Ah, maybe I should have used one of those smileys there...:)

No - I knew exactly what you meant without one ! It wasn't directed at you...
Labour about to collapse. on 17:04 - Jun 26 with 1051 viewsexiledclaseboy

Nine gone now. Vernon Coaker the latest. It tells you something about the state of the opposition when you look down the list of resignations today and realise that you weren't aware half of them even existed.

Poll: Tory leader

Labour about to collapse. on 17:06 - Jun 26 with 1046 viewsLohengrin

Labour about to collapse. on 17:04 - Jun 26 by exiledclaseboy

Nine gone now. Vernon Coaker the latest. It tells you something about the state of the opposition when you look down the list of resignations today and realise that you weren't aware half of them even existed.

When you and I begin to have exactly the same thoughts then you know this country is in deep shit!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Labour about to collapse. on 17:11 - Jun 26 with 1032 viewsvalleycommando

Labour about to collapse. on 11:24 - Jun 26 by jackonicko

I've sat and watched all the big Sunday politics shows thus far. These are the big TV events where our politicians speak to the country and provide calm assurance.

No Prime Minister. no chancellor. No Home Secretary. No foreign secretary. No leader of the opposition. No leader of the Leave Campaign. None of the other big beasts of the Leave campaign other than IDS. Liam Fox doesn't count.

Our PM has done nothing since he announced he was quitting at 8am on Friday morning. He may not agree with the result, but he is still the prime minister until October.

At a time of genuine national crisis (and I don't think it's hyperbole to say that it is), our country leaders and the leaders on both sides of the debate are in hiding. That is not leadership. It's outrageous.

Philip Hammond Foreign Secretary was on Robert Peston's programme this morning. What he had to say was a wake up call for those who vote Leave making clear that compromises would have to be made when negotiations take place.
Labour about to collapse. on 17:18 - Jun 26 with 1009 viewsItchySphincter

Labour about to collapse. on 15:08 - Jun 26 by londonlisa2001

Well I for one didn't say any of that. I did say categorically that I believe Wales voting for leave is like turkeys voting for Christmas, and I have also said that I believe people have voted for something without understanding the implications of their vote. I stand by those sentiments.

Doesn't mean I'm having a tantrum.

As an aside, the sentiment in Scotland from the cybernats was the very opposite of dignified.

My FB feed has been full of people aggressively telling people to accept democracy when all the remainers have shown is sadness. It's been the most distasteful vote of my lifetime and the smugness of the winning side when they have no idea what they have actually voted for is beyond bizarre.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Labour about to collapse. on 17:25 - Jun 26 with 989 viewsmonmouth

Labour about to collapse. on 17:18 - Jun 26 by ItchySphincter

My FB feed has been full of people aggressively telling people to accept democracy when all the remainers have shown is sadness. It's been the most distasteful vote of my lifetime and the smugness of the winning side when they have no idea what they have actually voted for is beyond bizarre.

How can anyone 'accept democracy' when the winning argument was a tissue of lies and no one has any idea of what an outcome based on real arguments would have been? That's not democracy is it? If anyone needs a reminder:

"it never intended to curb immigration, there will be no extra money for the NHS, there was no plan for making up EU spending in deprived areas"

Oh and of course the people who were going to vote out come what may have a cracking record of 'respecting democracy' on this issue. They've always gracefully accepted the overwhelming landslide for in after 1975 after all...

I still have no idea if, managed properly, out might be better than in. I do know that there is nothing at all democratic about using lying promises to gain votes from utterly desperate people though.

Login to get fewer ads

Labour about to collapse. on 17:26 - Jun 26 with 982 viewswaynekerr55

What has the one who's all about fighting inequality except, you know, when it doesn't involve her own children had to say?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Labour about to collapse. on 17:29 - Jun 26 with 973 viewslondonlisa2001

Who on earth is Vernon Coaker?
Labour about to collapse. on 17:32 - Jun 26 with 965 viewsjackonicko

Labour about to collapse. on 17:29 - Jun 26 by londonlisa2001

Big swans fan I think.
Labour about to collapse. on 17:33 - Jun 26 with 963 viewsexiledclaseboy

Labour about to collapse. on 17:29 - Jun 26 by londonlisa2001

He was, apparently, the shadow Secretary of State for Northern Ireland. He's now just plain old Vernon Coaker MP.

Labour about to collapse. on 17:34 - Jun 26 with 959 viewslondonlisa2001

Labour about to collapse. on 17:32 - Jun 26 by jackonicko

Big swans fan I think.

Is he one of the Manselton Coakers then
Labour about to collapse. on 17:35 - Jun 26 with 958 viewsexiledclaseboy

Labour about to collapse. on 17:26 - Jun 26 by waynekerr55

What has the one who's all about fighting inequality except, you know, when it doesn't involve her own children had to say?

Ive no idea but your obsession with Diane Abbot is a little weird. Yes, we know you hate her and yes we know why. No need to tell us all again.

Labour about to collapse. on 17:35 - Jun 26 with 955 viewslondonlisa2001

Labour about to collapse. on 17:33 - Jun 26 by exiledclaseboy

He was, apparently, the shadow Secretary of State for Northern Ireland. He's now just plain old Vernon Coaker MP.

Ah ! Even my interest in politics doesn't stretch as far as the shadow Secretary of State for Northern Ireland :-)
Labour about to collapse. on 17:37 - Jun 26 with 953 viewsPrivate_Partz

Labour about to collapse. on 16:06 - Jun 26 by dickythorpe

A jolly good shake up all over Britain will hopefully follow, Corby is a wet lettuce and should be out soon. The even wetter Tim Farron of the library dems needs to step up and be far more vocal and all!!!

Cannot agree. Getting rid if two of our most honest politicians and replacing them with more liars is not the answer.
Neither were worthy of coverage in the media who concentrated on Dodgy Dave and his party squabbles.
No one in the media wanted honest appraisals if the situation. They much preferred mud slinging and back stabbing.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Labour about to collapse. on 17:46 - Jun 26 with 920 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Labour about to collapse. on 16:17 - Jun 26 by londonlisa2001

Actually the ones that seemingly did have a Brexit plan are the Germans. It involves making things as sh*t as possible for us to deter anyone else apparently.

Quelle sur-bloody-prise.

Oh, but, but, but, they want us to buy their cars. Yeah, because we'll just buy the ones built here instead won't we, oh wait...we don't have any, perhaps we'll still have to buy their cars after all, they'll just cost more money.

I am getting fed up with your lies and exaggerations.

In 2013 more than 1.5 million cars and more than 2.5 million engines were produced in the UK according to the SMMT.

Morgan Motor Company Ltd » (Aero, 4/4, Plus 4, Plus 8, Roadster, 4 seater, 3 wheeler)
Caterham Cars Ltd » (Seven)

Mclaren Automotive » (MP4-12C and P1)
Made in Britain

MINI — build the MINI, MINI Clubman, Coupe and Roadster in Cowley, Oxford, but are owned by BMW in Germany.

Honda build the Civic, CRV and Jazz(from autumn 2009) in Swindon.

Toyota build the Auris and Avensis in Derbyshire.

Nissan build the Juke, Qashqai, Note and LEAF in Sunderland.

Lotus in Norfolk are Malaysian owned and build the Elise, EWvora and Exige

Aston Martin in Gaydon, Warwickshire build the DB9, Rapide, Virage, DBS and one-77 and are owned by two Kuwaiti companies — Investment Dar and Adeem Investments.

Bentley Motors in Crewe (owned by Volkswagen) builds the Continental, Flying Spur and Mulsanne

Rolls Royce builds the Ghost, Phantom and Wraith in Goodwood and is owned by BMW.

Jaguar/Land Rover cars (F-type, XJ, XF, XK, Defender, Discovery, Evoque, Freelander, Range Rover, Range Rover Sport) are built in the West Midlands and Liverpool but owned by Tata Motor Company of India.

MG Motors build the MG3 and MG6 at Longbridge, Birmingham — owned by SAIC of China.

Vauxhall Motors are part of General Motors and build Astras at Ellesmere Port and the Vivaro van in Luton

Now let's take our number one imported manufacturer Ford Motor Co, who I used to work for.
Practically every Ford Engine for the whole of Europe is made in the UK, no trade with the EU, no Ford cars or Vans can be made in Europe.

Then of course there is the rest of the world that export cars here which will become cheaper without EU tariffs
Japan
Korea
USA
Tawain

Practically all of the Manufacturers from here or from those countries have vehicles that can replace anything coming out of Germany or France.

Do you by any chance drive a German car?
Labour about to collapse. on 17:48 - Jun 26 with 908 viewsJackFish

I find it incredible that there's no actual plan for what happens now. The vote should have been on whether to remain in the EU or to leave it under conditions that had been negotiated and agreed upon, not just some vague idea of "taking back control", more money to spend in the UK and keeping immigrats out - the latter two aren't actually happening now of course.

How is anyone supposed to know if we'll be better off out when nobody has the slightest clue what that is?
Labour about to collapse. on 17:49 - Jun 26 with 907 viewsWarwickHunt

Labour about to collapse. on 17:35 - Jun 26 by exiledclaseboy

Ive no idea but your obsession with Diane Abbot is a little weird. Yes, we know you hate her and yes we know why. No need to tell us all again.

Yes there is.
Labour about to collapse. on 17:55 - Jun 26 with 889 viewsexiledclaseboy

Ten gone. Charlie Falconer the latest. At least I've heard of him.

Labour about to collapse. on 17:57 - Jun 26 with 860 viewsjackonicko

Labour about to collapse. on 17:55 - Jun 26 by exiledclaseboy

Ten gone. Charlie Falconer the latest. At least I've heard of him.

How many are left? I'll be honest, I'm no guru on the shadow cabinet!

Incredible that it reached double figures in a single day though.
Labour about to collapse. on 17:58 - Jun 26 with 857 viewsmonmouth

Labour about to collapse. on 17:46 - Jun 26 by A_Fans_Dad

In 2013 more than 1.5 million cars and more than 2.5 million engines were produced in the UK according to the SMMT.

Morgan Motor Company Ltd » (Aero, 4/4, Plus 4, Plus 8, Roadster, 4 seater, 3 wheeler)

Made in Britain

MINI — build the MINI, MINI Clubman, Coupe and Roadster in Cowley, Oxford, but are owned by BMW in Germany.

Aston Martin in Gaydon, Warwickshire build the DB9, Rapide, Virage, DBS and one-77 and are owned by two Kuwaiti companies — Investment Dar and Adeem Investments.

Bentley Motors in Crewe (owned by Volkswagen) builds the Continental, Flying Spur and Mulsanne

Rolls Royce builds the Ghost, Phantom and Wraith in Goodwood and is owned by BMW.

Jaguar/Land Rover cars (F-type, XJ, XF, XK, Defender, Discovery, Evoque, Freelander, Range Rover, Range Rover Sport) are built in the West Midlands and Liverpool but owned by Tata Motor Company of India.

MG Motors build the MG3 and MG6 at Longbridge, Birmingham — owned by SAIC of China.

Vauxhall Motors are part of General Motors and build Astras at Ellesmere Port and the Vivaro van in Luton

Now let's take our number one imported manufacturer Ford Motor Co, who I used to work for.
Practically every Ford Engine for the whole of Europe is made in the UK, no trade with the EU, no Ford cars or Vans can be made in Europe.

Then of course there is the rest of the world that export cars here which will become cheaper without EU tariffs
Japan
Korea
USA
Tawain

Practically all of the Manufacturers from here or from those countries have vehicles that can replace anything coming out of Germany or France.

You think people are going to stop choosing to buy German cars in favour of hose you have listed? Honestly? 27% of new car sales in Q1 2016 were German. 16% Other EU. So 43% of UK car owners will change brands?

Labour about to collapse. on 17:59 - Jun 26 with 846 viewsexiledclaseboy

Labour about to collapse. on 17:57 - Jun 26 by jackonicko

How many are left? I'll be honest, I'm no guru on the shadow cabinet!

Incredible that it reached double figures in a single day though.

Believe it or not there are around 25 shadow cabinet members. Still 15 left.

Labour about to collapse. on 17:59 - Jun 26 with 844 viewsLeonisGod

Labour about to collapse. on 17:46 - Jun 26 by A_Fans_Dad

Made in Britain

Japan
Korea
USA
Tawain

We make some components, but essentially bolt cars together so rely on movement of products in the single market. I've only spoken to one person who works in the sector and his company is very disappointed in the result.
Labour about to collapse. on 18:02 - Jun 26 with 836 viewsexiledclaseboy

Labour about to collapse. on 17:58 - Jun 26 by monmouth

You think people are going to stop choosing to buy German cars in favour of hose you have listed? Honestly? 27% of new car sales in Q1 2016 were German. 16% Other EU. So 43% of UK car owners will change brands?

And the SMMT was firmly in favour of remaining in the EU.

http://www.smmt.co.uk/2016/06/remaining-in-europe-critical-to-future-of-uk-autom

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024