Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Labour about to collapse. 09:44 - Jun 26 with 19002 viewstrampie

Labour is on the verge of collapse both internally and amongst voters, apparently a third of people that voted Labour in the last General Election would now vote for other parties, people are also speculating that up to a half of the Labour shadow cabinet could resign.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Labour about to collapse. on 10:22 - Jun 27 with 1190 viewsPegojack

I'd like to ask those more in the know as regards Labour Party politics than me what they think the chances are that we could be on the verge of a schism of the left like we saw with the foundation of the Social Democrats by the Gang of Four back in 1981.

Is there scope for the moderate wing of the Labour Party to break away and form New Labour, or Labour Light, call it what you will? A party that the parliamentary Labour Party could join en masse, that the traditional massed ranks of moderate labour supporting working classes could rally behind, that perhaps the majority of the union movement would support, and leave Corbyn and his cronies stewing in their own juice?

A huge task, given that the hard left have hijacked the apparatus of the party and control all its assets, but could it be done?
Labour about to collapse. on 10:40 - Jun 27 with 1167 viewsUxbridge

Labour about to collapse. on 22:39 - Jun 26 by WarwickHunt

Not to mention the Tory Telegraph and Mail readers who paid £3 (thanks Ed - you utter f*cking dolt) to vote in an unelectable Labour leader.

You're way off the mark if you think Corbyn was elected with anything other than a majority of the rank and file. Sideshows like the £3 membership are just that.

We now, well did since he was elected leader, have a total split between the MPs and the party. Something has to give, and logically that should be the MPs. Either bow to the will of their party or resign their seats. The alternative, a complete fudge, might see things muddle through but it'll just postpone the necessary realignment of the Labour party.

Not that I think Corbyn is any sort of statesman mind. Agree with a lot of what he says, but he might just be the right man for the party.

It's a shame Clegg ruined the Liberals. They could clean up now. I see Farron has said that they'd take us back into the EU if elected in the next election (which could be pretty bloody soon). Shame he's got no chance.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2016 10:41]

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Labour about to collapse. on 11:20 - Jun 27 with 1139 viewsmonmouth

Who the hell are all these people? I've heard of about five.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/26/labour-shadow-cabinet-resignatio

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Labour about to collapse. on 11:39 - Jun 27 with 1122 viewsWarwickHunt

Labour about to collapse. on 10:40 - Jun 27 by Uxbridge

You're way off the mark if you think Corbyn was elected with anything other than a majority of the rank and file. Sideshows like the £3 membership are just that.

We now, well did since he was elected leader, have a total split between the MPs and the party. Something has to give, and logically that should be the MPs. Either bow to the will of their party or resign their seats. The alternative, a complete fudge, might see things muddle through but it'll just postpone the necessary realignment of the Labour party.

Not that I think Corbyn is any sort of statesman mind. Agree with a lot of what he says, but he might just be the right man for the party.

It's a shame Clegg ruined the Liberals. They could clean up now. I see Farron has said that they'd take us back into the EU if elected in the next election (which could be pretty bloody soon). Shame he's got no chance.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2016 10:41]

Agree it was marginal but it highlights the utter f*ckwittery of Ed Miliband.

Either the PLP will oust Corbyn or realign as a centre left party and let the clenched fist brigade get on with their protest politics.
Labour about to collapse. on 11:41 - Jun 27 with 1118 viewsLeonisGod

Labour about to collapse. on 10:22 - Jun 27 by Pegojack

I'd like to ask those more in the know as regards Labour Party politics than me what they think the chances are that we could be on the verge of a schism of the left like we saw with the foundation of the Social Democrats by the Gang of Four back in 1981.

Is there scope for the moderate wing of the Labour Party to break away and form New Labour, or Labour Light, call it what you will? A party that the parliamentary Labour Party could join en masse, that the traditional massed ranks of moderate labour supporting working classes could rally behind, that perhaps the majority of the union movement would support, and leave Corbyn and his cronies stewing in their own juice?

A huge task, given that the hard left have hijacked the apparatus of the party and control all its assets, but could it be done?

Imo there's scope for new New Labour. The centre ground is being vacated quicker than a hot tub with a floater in it.
Labour about to collapse. on 11:42 - Jun 27 with 1118 viewsPegojack

Labour about to collapse. on 11:20 - Jun 27 by monmouth

Who the hell are all these people? I've heard of about five.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/26/labour-shadow-cabinet-resignatio

Never mind, mate, it'll be a lot simpler to remember when Diane Abbott is in every position.
Labour about to collapse. on 12:46 - Jun 27 with 1050 viewsdickythorpe

Time for an "AFC Labour Party" to start in the lower leagues?
Labour about to collapse. on 12:53 - Jun 27 with 1036 viewsUxbridge

Labour about to collapse. on 11:39 - Jun 27 by WarwickHunt

Agree it was marginal but it highlights the utter f*ckwittery of Ed Miliband.

Either the PLP will oust Corbyn or realign as a centre left party and let the clenched fist brigade get on with their protest politics.

The PLP are so far removed from the Labour party members I can't see how things can possibly stay as they are.

One thing to come out of all this is that I can't see our current parliamentary system, or two party politics, surviving in the long term. Same thing happening across Europe. I can't see Labour surviving in its current form, and that may be no bad thing.

Login to get fewer ads

Labour about to collapse. on 12:55 - Jun 27 with 1033 viewsQuakerJack

Labour about to collapse. on 11:42 - Jun 27 by Pegojack

Never mind, mate, it'll be a lot simpler to remember when Diane Abbott is in every position.

Corbyn's already had her in every position

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Labour about to collapse. on 13:01 - Jun 27 with 1014 viewsjackonicko

Labour about to collapse. on 12:53 - Jun 27 by Uxbridge

The PLP are so far removed from the Labour party members I can't see how things can possibly stay as they are.

One thing to come out of all this is that I can't see our current parliamentary system, or two party politics, surviving in the long term. Same thing happening across Europe. I can't see Labour surviving in its current form, and that may be no bad thing.

There seem to be 3 coups going on in the Labour Party. The mass resignations is the most obvious one. The second was the vote of no confidence put forward by Hodge and the other MP whose name escapes me, which pre-dated the resignations.

The third is the rumours of 100 or so centrist Labour MPs breaking away from Corbyn and establishing themselves as the new "offical" opposition as the second largest "party" in Government. Constitionally possible, I suppose, but quite how that works will be interesting to watch, hence my use of " ". This one essentially explodes a nuclear bomb underneath the Labour Party.

Interesting times.
Labour about to collapse. on 13:07 - Jun 27 with 1004 viewsWarwickHunt

Labour about to collapse. on 12:55 - Jun 27 by QuakerJack

Thanks for ruining my lunch.
Labour about to collapse. on 13:22 - Jun 27 with 983 viewsdickythorpe

Labour about to collapse. on 13:07 - Jun 27 by WarwickHunt

Thanks for ruining my lunch.

A black version of Bella Emberg.
Labour about to collapse. on 13:32 - Jun 27 with 965 viewsperchrockjack

I can honestly say I've not had worse than Di

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Labour about to collapse. on 13:36 - Jun 27 with 960 viewsacejack3065

Corbyn absolutely has to go. His poor and obstructive leadership is partly to blame for the UKs sleepwalk into Brexit. If he is leader by the time an election is called we will be obliterated.

It's a shame the majority of members don't see it. The only thing important for most is voting for whoever says they are most left wing, regardless of whether they are actually qualified to take the job.

Any member who thinks that one man is bigger than the party won't be missed.
Labour about to collapse. on 13:40 - Jun 27 with 950 viewsperchrockjack

He was supposed to be a man with principles.

This is quite evidently not the case now and I feel for his supporters in what are called working class areas who he has lied to. He s kippered them.

If he had guts ,he would have stood up to the buffoon that is Johnson and the slime ball that is garage.

He didn't

For Angela eagle to go is a truly staggering departure.

Just fook off corbyn .labour might under Benn jnr or burnham be worth voting for.

We face possibly may, Johnson or crabb as pm

Think on thst.

Corbyn has blood on his hands

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Labour about to collapse. on 13:44 - Jun 27 with 946 viewsLeonisGod

Labour about to collapse. on 11:42 - Jun 27 by Pegojack

You'd like Diane Abbott in every position?
Labour about to collapse. on 13:45 - Jun 27 with 945 viewsacejack3065

Labour about to collapse. on 12:55 - Jun 27 by QuakerJack

Well played. Have an up arrow!
Labour about to collapse. on 14:49 - Jun 27 with 912 viewsUxbridge

Labour about to collapse. on 13:01 - Jun 27 by jackonicko

There seem to be 3 coups going on in the Labour Party. The mass resignations is the most obvious one. The second was the vote of no confidence put forward by Hodge and the other MP whose name escapes me, which pre-dated the resignations.

The third is the rumours of 100 or so centrist Labour MPs breaking away from Corbyn and establishing themselves as the new "offical" opposition as the second largest "party" in Government. Constitionally possible, I suppose, but quite how that works will be interesting to watch, hence my use of " ". This one essentially explodes a nuclear bomb underneath the Labour Party.

Interesting times.

I'm not entirely sure how legitimate such a group could ever be. Constitutionally yes I concede, but it would surely be completely unworkable.

Just the most remarkable timing. The PLP may think that Corbyn is the reason they have little chance in a general election but I'd be looking a little closer to home on that score.

Labour about to collapse. on 14:55 - Jun 27 with 900 viewsDarran

Labour about to collapse. on 13:40 - Jun 27 by perchrockjack

He was supposed to be a man with principles.

This is quite evidently not the case now and I feel for his supporters in what are called working class areas who he has lied to. He s kippered them.

If he had guts ,he would have stood up to the buffoon that is Johnson and the slime ball that is garage.

He didn't

For Angela eagle to go is a truly staggering departure.

Just fook off corbyn .labour might under Benn jnr or burnham be worth voting for.

We face possibly may, Johnson or crabb as pm

Think on thst.

Corbyn has blood on his hands

He won't stand up to Garage because he's built like a big square building.

F*cking hell mun.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Labour about to collapse. on 15:00 - Jun 27 with 894 viewsPegojack

Labour about to collapse. on 13:44 - Jun 27 by LeonisGod

You'd like Diane Abbott in every position?

You missed the boat with that one, mate, Quakerjack already did the joke better - see above!
Labour about to collapse. on 15:05 - Jun 27 with 885 viewsGroo

How many labour MP's are there? I see 37 have quit now, wondering how many left, 300 odd? so about 10% so far, which is an enormous figure if you think about it, have publicly rejected Corbyn, who knows how many are rejecting offers as replacements.

Groo does what Groo does best

Labour about to collapse. on 15:07 - Jun 27 with 880 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Labour about to collapse. on 15:05 - Jun 27 by Groo

How many labour MP's are there? I see 37 have quit now, wondering how many left, 300 odd? so about 10% so far, which is an enormous figure if you think about it, have publicly rejected Corbyn, who knows how many are rejecting offers as replacements.

229 Labour MPs.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Labour about to collapse. on 15:13 - Jun 27 with 866 viewsacejack3065

Labour about to collapse. on 15:07 - Jun 27 by Joe_bradshaw

229 Labour MPs.

They should have enough MPs to fill every role although the barrel will have been well and truly scraped.

Any shadow cabinet will be totally unworkable as the cooperation simply won't be there. The vote of no confidence vote will give us a better idea of numbers if the results are published.
Labour about to collapse. on 15:19 - Jun 27 with 858 viewslondonlisa2001

Labour about to collapse. on 15:13 - Jun 27 by acejack3065

They should have enough MPs to fill every role although the barrel will have been well and truly scraped.

Any shadow cabinet will be totally unworkable as the cooperation simply won't be there. The vote of no confidence vote will give us a better idea of numbers if the results are published.

When you have Diane Abbott as shadow health secretary I'd suggest that the bottom of the barrel is a considerable distance above you.
Labour about to collapse. on 15:26 - Jun 27 with 845 viewsacejack3065

Labour about to collapse. on 15:19 - Jun 27 by londonlisa2001

When you have Diane Abbott as shadow health secretary I'd suggest that the bottom of the barrel is a considerable distance above you.

We will be scraping the bottoms of barrels in China before this is done, trust me. If this stretches out, Diane Abbot is going to be made to look like Lloyd George.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024