Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A great night last night 09:23 - Jun 28 with 3557 viewstrampie

Sport is not just about wanting your team to win but its also about wanting your biggest rival to lose, just loved last night.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2016 9:25]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

A great night last night on 09:29 - Jun 28 with 2529 viewstrampie

I was hoping to be singing 'your on the first plane home Ingerland...Ingerland', but will content myself with 'your on the second plane home Ingerland...Ingerland'.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

A great night last night on 09:36 - Jun 28 with 2513 viewsdickythorpe

I smiled when England lost to Iceland but more in admiration for the victors.
How small minded of you Trampie, I suppose if we lose to Belgium on Fri you'll take any piss taking from england fans with no problem?

I thought we'd grown as a nation.

I couldnt care less about other teams.
A great night last night on 09:43 - Jun 28 with 2486 viewstrampie

A great night last night on 09:36 - Jun 28 by dickythorpe

How small minded of you Trampie, I suppose if we lose to Belgium on Fri you'll take any piss taking from england fans with no problem?

Look at Swans fans wanting Kaardiff to lose or Man U fans wanting Liverpool to lose etc, etc, look at that advert for the six nations that the English had banned where people wearing different shirts [French, Irish, Scottish, Italian, Welsh] were all shouting England in different locations [pub, street, shops etc] only for the punchline to come up, sport is not just about who you want to win but also about who you want to lose.

A great night last night on 09:45 - Jun 28 with 2477 viewsmonmouth

Pah Dicky. If we lose to Belgium it is expected. England lost to Lewisham in terms of nation size last night and after all their usuual hubris and cant (and after all the crap - the texts are quiet now, how odd I took when they squeaked past us in the last second) I took great pleasure in their humiliation. It was even better that it was lovely Iceland that did it.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

A great night last night on 09:46 - Jun 28 with 2476 viewsjack247

Agree with Trampie on this one. Last night was fantastic.
A great night last night on 09:50 - Jun 28 with 2453 viewsdickythorpe

Stinks of inferiority to me lads, let's just concentrate and enjoy our achievements.

If some prefer to revel in other's failures then I suppose that is your choice but I would suggest it shows a lack of confidence.
A great night last night on 09:53 - Jun 28 with 2433 viewsstevethejack

I'm with Trampie on this
A great night last night on 09:55 - Jun 28 with 2427 viewstrampie

A great night last night on 09:50 - Jun 28 by dickythorpe

Stinks of inferiority to me lads, let's just concentrate and enjoy our achievements.

If some prefer to revel in other's failures then I suppose that is your choice but I would suggest it shows a lack of confidence.

I thought Man Utd had won the league more times than any other team, yet just like all teams a lot of their fans revel in the defeat of their biggest rivals.

Login to get fewer ads

A great night last night on 09:55 - Jun 28 with 2427 viewsSwansNZ

A great night last night on 09:53 - Jun 28 by stevethejack

I'm with Trampie on this

Me too

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

A great night last night on 09:56 - Jun 28 with 2421 viewsmonmouth

Who said anyone 'preferred it'. I don't see your issue Dick to be honest. Aren't you happy that all those visiting fans next season will have this at the back of their minds every game? Any attempts at GSTQ or Ingurlund Ingurlund will be hilarious. I'm sure the east stand songwriters can do something nice with variations of Iceland. And boy will it sting them.

Unless you feel it's not right and shows a lack of confidence?

A great night last night on 10:04 - Jun 28 with 2398 viewsjack247

Wanting your rivals to lose is a big part of sport. As has already been said, I love it when Cardiff lose, regardless of their inferiority. England are just the Cardiff of international sport as far as I'm concerned.
A great night last night on 10:10 - Jun 28 with 2384 viewssa3swan

Let's be honest, everyone outside of England wanted Iceland to win.

But I find it embarassing calling England our enemies, rivals etc. I guarantee the vast majority of England fans will be supporting Wales from here on. I've not met one that considers Wales a sporting rival at all.
A great night last night on 10:15 - Jun 28 with 2370 viewsjack247

A great night last night on 10:10 - Jun 28 by sa3swan

Let's be honest, everyone outside of England wanted Iceland to win.

But I find it embarassing calling England our enemies, rivals etc. I guarantee the vast majority of England fans will be supporting Wales from here on. I've not met one that considers Wales a sporting rival at all.

Of course they don't. Deluded bunch think Germany are.
A great night last night on 10:25 - Jun 28 with 2343 viewsClinton

a lot of disrespect is being shown to Iceland by calling them minnows and saying that it's England's greatest defeat etc. This is a team that beat the Dutch to qualify for the tournament from a difficult group. They performed well to qualify for the round of 16 and are clearly no mugs. After all they have our own Gylfi, who we all know is a top player.

The reaction reminds me of a Swansea victory over Man U. Everyone in the media asks where Man U has gone wrong rather than analysing our strengths. It drives us crazy on here. A lot are falling into the same trap of asking where the so-called 'big boys' have gone wrong when all that has happened is that they have lost to a decent team.

Obviously there's the traditional England-Wales banter, but please folks don't show yourselves up as being like the reporters of the Mirror, Mail and Sun with their Iceland no bigger than Coventry stuff. We are better than that.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

A great night last night on 11:20 - Jun 28 with 2280 viewsDafyddHuw

A great night last night on 09:36 - Jun 28 by dickythorpe

Bollocks
A great night last night on 11:21 - Jun 28 with 2280 viewsshandyjack

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/watch-wales-players-go-wild-8298609

looks like our players agree with trampie lol

Poll: Expectation for the season

A great night last night on 11:25 - Jun 28 with 2265 viewsmonmouth

A great night last night on 11:21 - Jun 28 by shandyjack

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/watch-wales-players-go-wild-8298609

looks like our players agree with trampie lol

Now see, that I don't agree with. They are professionals and should not show those feelings.

A great night last night on 11:40 - Jun 28 with 2231 viewsexiledclaseboy

A great night last night on 11:25 - Jun 28 by monmouth

Now see, that I don't agree with. They are professionals and should not show those feelings.

The principle is the same. Wanting your rivals to lose. Many of the England players will be their mates, bantz mun. I think it's brilliant.

Poll: Tory leader

A great night last night on 11:40 - Jun 28 with 2227 viewsDafyddHuw

Why's that then?
A great night last night on 11:42 - Jun 28 with 2218 viewsjack247

I agree, they shouldn't. I couldn't help laughing though
A great night last night on 11:51 - Jun 28 with 2188 viewsPegojack

I agree with all the comments about English media arrogance and how fabulous it was to see them getting their come uppance On top of that, I thought it was a fantastic, absorbing game to watch (if you're not English).

It reminded us all that there's more than one way to win a football match. Iceland have become past masters at 'parking the bus', which is a crude way of saying defending with extreme commitment, energy and courage against technically superior opponents, but also maximizing your scant attacking opportunities.

It was interesting to watch Siggy, who for obvious reasons doesn't play his Swans attacking midfield role for Iceland, because they don't really have attacking midfielders! He sits in front of the back four and just covers and covers relentlessly, occasionally getting an attack going with a judicious pass, but more often than not just lumping it forward to relieve pressure. In fact, I'd go as far as to say he had a quiet game last night, and I was surprised he didn't get involved more, but maybe I'm misreading his contribution.

Their work rate and organization is just a joy to watch, and I'm really looking forward to seeing if they can pull the same stunt against the French.
A great night last night on 12:01 - Jun 28 with 2155 viewsmonmouth

A great night last night on 11:40 - Jun 28 by exiledclaseboy

The principle is the same. Wanting your rivals to lose. Many of the England players will be their mates, bantz mun. I think it's brilliant.

My issue, and it's not a big one is not that they feel that way, but that they make it public. I nearly drowned in champagne when we beat bank of scotland to the natwest acquisition but going up to the Mound and baring our hairy arses at them for the Scotsman to publish would have been unprofessional.

I don't have a real problem with it though, and am pleased they share my delight.

A great night last night on 12:10 - Jun 28 with 2140 viewstrampie

Small countries have a great affinity with each other and they especially enjoy seeing a fellow small country beat a big imperialistic country, Wales have done a few full tours of the Pacific Islands in rugby the big nations are too afraid, was it 100 degree heat in one game ? and another we had two players knocked out in different instances at the same time if I remember, they are tough and raw and we took them on out there when they were very raw many years ago, they respect us and we respect them, we played the Basques in a football international, they have an exceptional record, most of the imperialists wont play them, it was possibly Giggs only good game for Wales too. lol.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2016 12:15]

A great night last night on 12:34 - Jun 28 with 2083 viewsjack247

A great night last night on 12:01 - Jun 28 by monmouth

My issue, and it's not a big one is not that they feel that way, but that they make it public. I nearly drowned in champagne when we beat bank of scotland to the natwest acquisition but going up to the Mound and baring our hairy arses at them for the Scotsman to publish would have been unprofessional.

I don't have a real problem with it though, and am pleased they share my delight.

It's been done deliberately, I'm sure of it. Don't really know what purpose it serves, but I'm pretty sure it's been authorised and leaked.

A decent minority of them are English born, can't see they would have been as delighted as the likes of Bale and Ramsey who have grown up in that mindset and taken minor digs at the English throughout the tournament.

Either way, it's unprofessional, but very funny. I thought it was a bunch of lads in a social club up the Rhondda or somewhere at first glance
A great night last night on 12:44 - Jun 28 with 2053 viewsmonmouth

May need to unmute
[Post edited 28 Jun 2016 12:44]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024