Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Owners PL Owners and Director's Test 10:44 - Jun 29 with 4269 viewsSwaneeRiver

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/swansea-city-still-waiting-on-directors-
Seems to me it should be something done earlier on, as if they are deemed not fit to run a club by the EPL, then all other discussions and announcements become null and void.
Is it me or does that just seem like common sense ?
New Owners PL Owners and Director's Test on 10:46 - Jun 29 with 2893 viewsmonmouth

It's a formality. Think of people that have been 'approved'.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

New Owners PL Owners and Director's Test on 10:57 - Jun 29 with 2859 viewsDafyddHuw

New Owners PL Owners and Director's Test on 10:46 - Jun 29 by monmouth

It's a formality. Think of people that have been 'approved'.

What's the EPL?
New Owners PL Owners and Director's Test on 11:37 - Jun 29 with 2785 viewsoldcob

New Owners PL Owners and Director's Test on 10:57 - Jun 29 by DafyddHuw

What's the EPL?

English Premier League I assume.
New Owners PL Owners and Director's Test on 11:43 - Jun 29 with 2763 viewsandypitt56

Maybe it has something to do with Landon Donavon getting involved?? perhaps will he be coming in as a director? meaning he will need to comply with the tests as well
New Owners PL Owners and Director's Test on 12:43 - Jun 29 with 2627 viewsJPage520

Hmmm...

Jason Levien making fans wait on pivotal decisions regarding important matters and the future of a club.

...Sounds a bit familiar...
New Owners PL Owners and Director's Test on 13:02 - Jun 29 with 2576 viewsairedale

Looking at it another way, we are resigned to this takeover. So, at the end of the day its all about private individuals selling their shares and we are really not involved, apart from being interested bystanders.
New Owners PL Owners and Director's Test on 14:45 - Jun 29 with 2406 viewsLoyal

New Owners PL Owners and Director's Test on 12:43 - Jun 29 by JPage520

Hmmm...

Jason Levien making fans wait on pivotal decisions regarding important matters and the future of a club.

...Sounds a bit familiar...

Your a cheeky sort, sounds familiar to a new fan ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

New Owners PL Owners and Director's Test on 15:13 - Jun 29 with 2352 viewsGlyn1

New Owners PL Owners and Director's Test on 14:45 - Jun 29 by Loyal

Sounds familiar from their previous dealings in American sports presumably. He probably knows them better than we do.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Login to get fewer ads

New Owners PL Owners and Director's Test on 15:16 - Jun 29 with 2345 viewsJoe_bradshaw

New Owners PL Owners and Director's Test on 15:13 - Jun 29 by Glyn1

Sounds familiar from their previous dealings in American sports presumably. He probably knows them better than we do.

Correct. He will being a DC United supporter.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

New Owners PL Owners and Director's Test on 15:32 - Jun 29 with 2315 viewsJPage520

New Owners PL Owners and Director's Test on 14:45 - Jun 29 by Loyal

Sounds familiar to a fan of DC United. Levien was promoted as being someone who was supposed to finally get something we've wanted and frankly have deserved for years. A stadium. Since 1996, the year MLS began, DC United has played at RFK stadium. Which they shared with the Washington Redskins (American football) who moved out a few years after DCU's inception. This was supposed to only be until DCU could get a stadium of their own. As a flagship franchise, this should not have been much of an issue. Especially considering we've won the second most Cups in the league. Including the first and second ever competed for. There had been talks numerous times, but nothing formulated.

Enter Levien and his partners who bought the club a few years back. He came in promising to be the one to deliver us our own home. Granted, it's finally happening and we're scheduled to have our own ground in 2018. So it would be wrong to say he isn't actually coming through on that promise, and it would also be wrong to put all blame on him specifically for the issues along the way. But for the past few years, we've all been watching very cautiously, and frankly very cynically as ownership seemingly bounced back and forth between having everything locked up to almost losing it to finally having it again.

Not to mention the fact that the overwhelming sentiment among the longtime die hard fans is that ownership cares much less about us at all, and so much more about corporate sponsors and partnerships. The new stadium will seat the Supporters Groups behind the net, even though we've been on the lower level of the sideline for 20 years. Shrinking our area. Raising the price tag on our tickets. Among a few other things. The ones pulling the strings also seem to be making it a point to tighten up budgets on getting good players to compete for another cup until the new stadium opens. We've found a few shining stars on our budget (See Luciano Acosta) and through our development program (Bill Hamid, Jalen Robinson, Andy Najar). But the team is far from loaded. And the general suspicion is that once the stadium is about to open, the front office will be on the hunt for an older famous player. Which the MLS is famous for lol.
New Owners PL Owners and Director's Test on 16:05 - Jun 29 with 2251 viewsJPage520

What exactly is involved in this "Owner's Test"?

Is it just a general interview?
Is he required to do anything in particular for the test?
Is it multiple choice? Essay questions?
New Owners PL Owners and Director's Test on 16:18 - Jun 29 with 2212 viewsDewi1jack

New Owners PL Owners and Director's Test on 16:05 - Jun 29 by JPage520

If you look at what Massimo Cellino (Leeds Utd) was being accused of (tax evasion, fraud etc) when he sat and passed his 'fit and proper person' test, then your guess is as good as any of ours.
Cheers for the cynicism on our new owners.
Might wake one or two more people up to these people aren't the next "great white hope."!

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

New Owners PL Owners and Director's Test on 16:30 - Jun 29 with 2188 viewsdobjack2

Perhaps I'm reading the article wrong, but it seems like the issue is that we are waiting for those that test/interview/whatever prospective owners to provide a date.

Wonder if they are all on a jolly in France and we are bottom of their priorities. Meanwhile the transfer window opens. If I remember right from the villa appointment it took about a fortnight to come through after the "test."

So if there is going to be any significant investment in the playing staff we may not be in a position to close deals before the end of July and maybe not until August.
New Owners PL Owners and Director's Test on 16:31 - Jun 29 with 2187 viewsJPage520

New Owners PL Owners and Director's Test on 16:18 - Jun 29 by Dewi1jack

If you look at what Massimo Cellino (Leeds Utd) was being accused of (tax evasion, fraud etc) when he sat and passed his 'fit and proper person' test, then your guess is as good as any of ours.
Cheers for the cynicism on our new owners.
Might wake one or two more people up to these people aren't the next "great white hope."!

I was hoping I could shed a little light on the situation from another perspective. Glad to help.

My general hope in regards to Swansea is the group remains relatively "Hands off" and lets the football people do the work. Bring in a team with experience in the Premier League and/or other top world leagues and allow them to build a winner. I am an avid follower of MLS, and root for it to grow and one day be a top tier league in the world. But it's not there yet. Not even close.
New Owners PL Owners and Director's Test on 17:51 - Jun 29 with 2084 viewswhiterock

Tomorrow is the day they take the test, we'll still be working on a sensible budget
New Owners PL Owners and Director's Test on 19:33 - Jun 29 with 1959 viewsdobjack2

New Owners PL Owners and Director's Test on 17:51 - Jun 29 by whiterock

Tomorrow is the day they take the test, we'll still be working on a sensible budget

Tfft.
New Owners PL Owners and Director's Test on 19:45 - Jun 29 with 1928 viewsTummer_from_Texas

New Owners PL Owners and Director's Test on 11:37 - Jun 29 by oldcob

That's the standard term used when talking about the PL in the USA.

Of course, I always make it an immediate point to correct anyone that uses it by informing them that one of the clubs isn't English.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

New Owners PL Owners and Director's Test on 20:12 - Jun 29 with 1852 viewsskippyjack

New Owners PL Owners and Director's Test on 19:45 - Jun 29 by Tummer_from_Texas

Of course, I always make it an immediate point to correct anyone that uses it by informing them that one of the clubs isn't English.

The best way to describe us is like the Canadians.. Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver..

but we have places like Cardiff, Newport and Wrexham..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

New Owners PL Owners and Director's Test on 22:41 - Jun 29 with 1699 viewsSwansNZ

New Owners PL Owners and Director's Test on 19:45 - Jun 29 by Tummer_from_Texas

EPL is a worldwide thing, nothing wrong with it.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

New Owners PL Owners and Director's Test on 22:44 - Jun 29 with 1691 viewsSwansNZ

New Owners PL Owners and Director's Test on 16:05 - Jun 29 by JPage520

I’d like to see the new owners put through a proper test. As well as financial test, test their football knowledge and knowledge of the club they are buying — and just watching JTAK would result in a fail.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

New Owners PL Owners and Director's Test on 23:04 - Jun 29 with 1658 viewsmonmouth

New Owners PL Owners and Director's Test on 22:44 - Jun 29 by SwansNZ

I’d like to see the new owners put through a proper test. As well as financial test, test their football knowledge and knowledge of the club they are buying — and just watching JTAK would result in a fail.

I'd like them to have to fart the whole of 'Swansea oh Swansea'.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

New Owners PL Owners and Director's Test on 10:54 - Jun 30 with 1518 viewsDafyddHuw

New Owners PL Owners and Director's Test on 11:37 - Jun 29 by oldcob

No such thing.
New Owners PL Owners and Director's Test on 11:06 - Jun 30 with 1503 viewsjasper_T

New Owners PL Owners and Director's Test on 16:31 - Jun 29 by JPage520

I was hoping I could shed a little light on the situation from another perspective. Glad to help.

My general hope in regards to Swansea is the group remains relatively "Hands off" and lets the football people do the work. Bring in a team with experience in the Premier League and/or other top world leagues and allow them to build a winner. I am an avid follower of MLS, and root for it to grow and one day be a top tier league in the world. But it's not there yet. Not even close.

We're not really football people
New Owners PL Owners and Director's Test on 12:44 - Jun 30 with 1424 viewswhiterock

New Owners PL Owners and Director's Test on 11:06 - Jun 30 by jasper_T

We're not really football people

And Ol' uncle Vinne is?

Serious, its about whether they have any skeletons in the cupboard, where the money is coming from etc. Todays the day we find out I suppose
New Owners PL Owners and Director's Test on 14:01 - Jun 30 with 1345 viewstomdickharry

The crucial event is that they have to provide and satisfy the PL with the source of any background funding and a business plan,consequently if the two gentlemen pass the test then its an encouraging sign that our club will be in safe hands.
Are we certain that the result of the test is due today?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024