Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bartley gone to Leeds season loan 23:34 - Jun 29 with 2714 viewsmarchamjack

Probably his level. Disappointed in all honesty we haven't sold him. May as well offload as never going to be PL quality. Anyway atb for him.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Bartley gone to Leeds season loan on 03:33 - Jun 30 with 2352 viewsTummer_from_Texas

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyle_Bartley#cite_note-Bartley_contract-27

"Return to Swansea
After impressing new Swansea manager Garry Monk on his return, Bartley was handed a new three-year contract with Swansea until June 2017."

If Wikipedia is correct and he's a free agent in the summer of 2017, we must be loaning him for at least as much as we figured we could get anyone to buy him. As good as selling him in that case.

However, that says the deal was done in January 2015, so maybe he's under contract until 2018. Does anyone know for sure?

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Bartley gone to Leeds season loan on 04:37 - Jun 30 with 2332 viewsnyc_swans

but hey, he played that hard-tackling 30 mins against everton like 3 years ago before he was taken off injured.

in all seriousness, he was signed for 1 million. couldn't be bothered if he goes away for nowt.
Bartley gone to Leeds season loan on 07:10 - Jun 30 with 2222 viewsLandore_Jack

Anybody got a link?
[Post edited 30 Jun 2016 8:32]

#backtojack

Bartley gone to Leeds season loan on 08:05 - Jun 30 with 2133 viewsmagicdaps10

I would disagree that championship is his level. He obviously has talent but his mentality is his obvious problem. Switches off and does something stupid and high percentage of the time it get punished.

All the attributes but the brain went wrong somewhere.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Bartley gone to Leeds season loan on 08:40 - Jun 30 with 2075 viewsClinton

Bartley gone to Leeds season loan on 08:05 - Jun 30 by magicdaps10

I would disagree that championship is his level. He obviously has talent but his mentality is his obvious problem. Switches off and does something stupid and high percentage of the time it get punished.

Good analysis.
However, the perception of Bartley is fatally damaged. Any further mistake in a Swnasea shirt would see the fans right on his back very quickly (Even a minor mistake that would be quickly forgotten if made by another player). He's also associated with that very bad period last season.
He's lost the confidence of the fans, I'm afraid. It would affect his confidence on the pitch, if he ever pulled on the shirt again.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Bartley gone to Leeds season loan on 10:52 - Jun 30 with 1931 viewsDafyddHuw

Totally disagree. Continually loses his man. Very poor attitude. "Won't roll his sleeves up.

Really looking forward to see how Leeds will do next season.
Bartley gone to Leeds season loan on 12:08 - Jun 30 with 1858 viewsAl_Bundy

Bartley gone to Leeds season loan on 10:52 - Jun 30 by DafyddHuw

Totally disagree. Continually loses his man. Very poor attitude. "Won't roll his sleeves up.

Really looking forward to see how Leeds will do next season.

He will do fine in the Championship..

Long aerial passing ... lots of crosses to deal with , slow forwards with limited ability.

Bit of a street fight in that league.. way out of his depth in the prem.
Bartley gone to Leeds season loan on 12:14 - Jun 30 with 1837 viewsjasper_T

Bartley has "all the attributes" does he? Give over.

Clumsy lump without a drop of common sense.
Login to get fewer ads

Bartley gone to Leeds season loan on 12:15 - Jun 30 with 1835 viewsmorningstar

Erm, that's the very definition of a Championship player!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Bartley gone to Leeds season loan on 12:43 - Jun 30 with 1777 viewsDevz00

Bartley gone to Leeds season loan on 03:33 - Jun 30 by Tummer_from_Texas

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyle_Bartley#cite_note-Bartley_contract-27

"Return to Swansea
After impressing new Swansea manager Garry Monk on his return, Bartley was handed a new three-year contract with Swansea until June 2017."

If Wikipedia is correct and he's a free agent in the summer of 2017, we must be loaning him for at least as much as we figured we could get anyone to buy him. As good as selling him in that case.

However, that says the deal was done in January 2015, so maybe he's under contract until 2018. Does anyone know for sure?

This site is usually decent. Not sure where the info is from but it says 2017.

http://www.transfermarkt.com/kyle-bartley/profil/spieler/67421

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Bartley gone to Leeds season loan on 13:33 - Jun 30 with 1688 viewsHighjack

Garry really seems to rate him. Picking Bartley over Amat last season is what finished him off as a manager.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Bartley gone to Leeds season loan on 14:09 - Jun 30 with 1625 viewsmagicdaps10

Bartley gone to Leeds season loan on 12:15 - Jun 30 by morningstar

Erm, that's the very definition of a Championship player!

Is it!?

I would have said that he is not quite good enough for the premier league if i was going to give a definition myself.

Plenty of players throughout the leagues have many attributes to be a decent premier league footballer but instead languish lower down the leagues.
Bartley has a major decision making problem whilst on the pitch, not just a tad but a major one.................so major that i would suggest that it would hinder him in championship football also.
As said, he has all the attributes. Height, strength etc etc but that one moment in games is a major problem. The first game i ever saw him in, a league cup game i said this straight away after an attempted tackle........ball was never there to be played but he threw his whole body sliding in and the lower league striker just done him like he was a oversized turd. I hoped this was just a bit of enthusiam but the pattern just seemed to continue week into month into year with him.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Bartley gone to Leeds season loan on 14:30 - Jun 30 with 1580 viewsandypitt56

Every time I've watched him play for us I have had the thought that hes going to give away a penalty. Its all well and good tough tackling, but he just throw himself at it blindly. giving away needless free kicks, extremely clumsy imo.
Bartley gone to Leeds season loan on 15:14 - Jun 30 with 1542 viewsjasper_T

Bartley gone to Leeds season loan on 14:09 - Jun 30 by magicdaps10

Is it!?

I would have said that he is not quite good enough for the premier league if i was going to give a definition myself.

Plenty of players throughout the leagues have many attributes to be a decent premier league footballer but instead languish lower down the leagues.
Bartley has a major decision making problem whilst on the pitch, not just a tad but a major one.................so major that i would suggest that it would hinder him in championship football also.
As said, he has all the attributes. Height, strength etc etc but that one moment in games is a major problem. The first game i ever saw him in, a league cup game i said this straight away after an attempted tackle........ball was never there to be played but he threw his whole body sliding in and the lower league striker just done him like he was a oversized turd. I hoped this was just a bit of enthusiam but the pattern just seemed to continue week into month into year with him.

Okay, so height and strength... is that really "all the attributes"?

Name one more that he's got.
Bartley gone to Leeds season loan on 15:25 - Jun 30 with 1523 viewsGriffting

Bartley gone to Leeds season loan on 15:14 - Jun 30 by jasper_T

He has strength?
Bartley gone to Leeds season loan on 16:17 - Jun 30 with 1449 viewsDrizzy

Next Ash according to some members of the Brains Trust.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Bartley gone to Leeds season loan on 16:26 - Jun 30 with 1424 viewslondonlisa2001

The confusion that surrounds Bartley is because he looks like should be a great footballer but isn't.
Bartley gone to Leeds season loan on 17:26 - Jul 1 with 1145 viewslondonlisa2001

Sorry if already mentioned, but according to the official site, Bartley has signed an extension with us (as well as the loan)!!

What on earth for
Bartley gone to Leeds season loan on 17:28 - Jul 1 with 1134 viewsmonmouth

Bartley gone to Leeds season loan on 17:26 - Jul 1 by londonlisa2001

Sorry if already mentioned, but according to the official site, Bartley has signed an extension with us (as well as the loan)!!

What on earth for

:(

Can't do any words on that news.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Bartley gone to Leeds season loan on 17:30 - Jul 1 with 1124 viewsGriffting

What on earth for

Just incase he flukes a season of perceiving to look good, which then sets up a potential permanent deal at the end of the season involving some cash and maybe even profit?? Okay, the profit might have been a stretch too far..
Serious all I think of.
Bartley gone to Leeds season loan on 17:32 - Jul 1 with 1112 viewsItchySphincter

WTF?! Just came to post the same thing! The cub has given him an extra year before sending him on loan. Someone sees something in him.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Bartley gone to Leeds season loan on 17:35 - Jul 1 with 1104 viewslondonlisa2001

Bartley gone to Leeds season loan on 17:32 - Jul 1 by ItchySphincter

WTF?! Just came to post the same thing! The cub has given him an extra year before sending him on loan. Someone sees something in him.

Maybe Landon Donovan likes him

Snigger.
Bartley gone to Leeds season loan on 17:56 - Jul 1 with 1029 viewsTummer_from_Texas

What on earth for

Maybe we figure we can keep loaning him off for a profit.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Bartley gone to Leeds season loan on 18:04 - Jul 1 with 1006 viewsHugeEnkins

Bartley gone to Leeds season loan on 17:56 - Jul 1 by Tummer_from_Texas

Maybe we figure we can keep loaning him off for a profit.

has the loan fee been published?
Bartley gone to Leeds season loan on 19:13 - Jul 1 with 929 viewsHighjack

Girth?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024