Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A perspective from across the bridge........... 11:48 - Jul 2 with 2439 viewsBrynmill_Jack

https://www.theguardian.com/football/euro-2016

A great piece of coverage from the Guardian here with in depth coverage and analysis and a cracking podcast too.

Anyone else seen other good blogs or newspaper articles from the "Brit Nat" * press?

*c trampie
[Post edited 2 Jul 2016 11:50]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

A perspective from across the bridge........... on 12:49 - Jul 2 with 2319 viewsperchrockjack

Ive just come back from the gym . I wore a wales shirt and have to inform trampie there was much respect from the English and genuine hope we go all the way.

Contrasts somewhat does it not.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

A perspective from across the bridge........... on 13:14 - Jul 2 with 2263 viewsjacabertawe

Love this bit: “I’ve taken the ball, turned and just hit it,” Hal Robson-Kanu said afterwards. Which is certainly one way of putting it, just as Rubens’ Descent From The Cross is a nice picture of some people standing around and Notre Dame cathedral is a big building by a river. No, Hal. You’re not getting away with that.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

A perspective from across the bridge........... on 13:35 - Jul 2 with 2207 viewsSE1_Jack

The support for Wales in England whether it be the BBC pundits, twitter or the average English fan on the streets has been abundant and it's great to see. Mind you, divisive and even hateful people like trampie will choose to ignore it.
A perspective from across the bridge........... on 14:09 - Jul 2 with 2125 viewsperchrockjack

Indeed se1.

Should be a time to unite .

Wherever you live

A perspective from across the bridge........... on 14:11 - Jul 2 with 2119 viewsLohengrin

A perspective from across the bridge........... on 13:35 - Jul 2 by SE1_Jack

The support for Wales in England whether it be the BBC pundits, twitter or the average English fan on the streets has been abundant and it's great to see. Mind you, divisive and even hateful people like trampie will choose to ignore it.

He's taken to his bed with ear plugs and an eye mask. It's all too much for the poor bugger.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

A perspective from across the bridge........... on 18:01 - Jul 2 with 1873 viewsBrynmill_Jack

A perspective from across the bridge........... on 13:14 - Jul 2 by jacabertawe

Love this bit: “I’ve taken the ball, turned and just hit it,” Hal Robson-Kanu said afterwards. Which is certainly one way of putting it, just as Rubens’ Descent From The Cross is a nice picture of some people standing around and Notre Dame cathedral is a big building by a river. No, Hal. You’re not getting away with that.

Fair play, the journalistic quality of the broadsheets is so much better than the fail or the post. I love the way the Guardian has covered this. The blog was excellent too.

A perspective from across the bridge........... on 18:16 - Jul 2 with 1828 viewsjackjackjackjack

A perspective from across the bridge........... on 13:35 - Jul 2 by SE1_Jack

It helps that all last night's goal scorers were English.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

A perspective from across the bridge........... on 18:20 - Jul 2 with 1813 viewsBrynmill_Jack

A perspective from across the bridge........... on 18:16 - Jul 2 by jackjackjackjack

It helps that all last night's goal scorers were English.

lolz

Login to get fewer ads

A perspective from across the bridge........... on 09:47 - Jul 3 with 1535 viewsWanderer

A perspective from across the bridge........... on 18:01 - Jul 2 by Brynmill_Jack

Fair play, the journalistic quality of the broadsheets is so much better than the fail or the post. I love the way the Guardian has covered this. The blog was excellent too.

Have to agree being reading the Guardian coverage in particular on the net, very fair , great pic with HRK and Tayls and kiddies on the pitch after game, such a distant image from Woy's press conference shot last week.
A perspective from across the bridge........... on 10:18 - Jul 3 with 1487 viewstrampie

Its what Brit Nats do, that is why you will get more Anglo Saxon types supporting the Celtic countries then Celtic types supporting the Anglo Saxon types.

They learnt it off the Romans, they will even try to claim Boudicea and King Arthur as British heroines and hero's as in England and the other Celtic nations, they were Welsh, King Arthur was fighting the Anglo Saxons for goodness sake.

If lots of Ingurlanders want to support Wales that is their choice, if some Welsh decide not to support Ingurlund or even support Ingurlunds opponents then that is the choice of those Welsh supporters.

If Ingurland was playing 'little green men from Mars', some Welsh would be supporting the 'little green men', some Brit Nats don't like that.

Lots of Welsh will give England praise when they merit it, but wanting England to win........cough, that is a different matter.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2016 10:25]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

A perspective from across the bridge........... on 10:23 - Jul 3 with 1457 viewsBrynmill_Jack

A perspective from across the bridge........... on 10:18 - Jul 3 by trampie

Its what Brit Nats do, that is why you will get more Anglo Saxon types supporting the Celtic countries then Celtic types supporting the Anglo Saxon types.

They learnt it off the Romans, they will even try to claim Boudicea and King Arthur as British heroines and hero's as in England and the other Celtic nations, they were Welsh, King Arthur was fighting the Anglo Saxons for goodness sake.

If lots of Ingurlanders want to support Wales that is their choice, if some Welsh decide not to support Ingurlund or even support Ingurlunds opponents then that is the choice of those Welsh supporters.

If Ingurland was playing 'little green men from Mars', some Welsh would be supporting the 'little green men', some Brit Nats don't like that.

Lots of Welsh will give England praise when they merit it, but wanting England to win........cough, that is a different matter.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2016 10:25]

Oh my god, I think you actually believe that don't you. I imagine that the Welsh, Scots and Irish all segregated themselves from the English in the trenches and probably crawled away to a Celtic area when they fell mortally wounded too.

I think your hatred now borders on rascism. Ban him mods, this sh*t ain't even funny anymore

A perspective from across the bridge........... on 10:53 - Jul 3 with 1391 viewsStarsky

A perspective from across the bridge........... on 10:23 - Jul 3 by Brynmill_Jack

Oh my god, I think you actually believe that don't you. I imagine that the Welsh, Scots and Irish all segregated themselves from the English in the trenches and probably crawled away to a Celtic area when they fell mortally wounded too.

I think your hatred now borders on rascism. Ban him mods, this sh*t ain't even funny anymore

He's the most devisive poster on here. Gives the a Welsh a bad name. The irony

It's just the internet, init.

A perspective from across the bridge........... on 10:58 - Jul 3 with 1373 viewsraynor94

A perspective from across the bridge........... on 10:23 - Jul 3 by Brynmill_Jack

He's a very sad bitter and covetous individual

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

A perspective from across the bridge........... on 11:20 - Jul 3 with 1336 viewsperchrockjack

I disagree with most on here ,sometimes out of sheer naughtiness .

I ve pointed out before trampie is on at wind up and he may be.

I've probably overstepped the mark several times as have the best posters but his open nasty racism is just shocking.

Many of us have English wives or siblings . He insults them all.

British troops are BRITISH and rely on each other.

A perspective from across the bridge........... on 11:23 - Jul 3 with 1331 viewsDarran

A perspective from across the bridge........... on 11:20 - Jul 3 by perchrockjack

I disagree with most on here ,sometimes out of sheer naughtiness .

I ve pointed out before trampie is on at wind up and he may be.

I've probably overstepped the mark several times as have the best posters but his open nasty racism is just shocking.

Many of us have English wives or siblings . He insults them all.

British troops are BRITISH and rely on each other.

You stated you didn't care less about England when they were playing Iceland what does your English wife and siblings think of that?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

A perspective from across the bridge........... on 11:31 - Jul 3 with 1305 viewsDr_Winston

A perspective from across the bridge........... on 11:23 - Jul 3 by Darran

You stated you didn't care less about England when they were playing Iceland what does your English wife and siblings think of that?

Many of us have wives and siblings from Swansea. Doesn't stop him slagging the place off every five minutes.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

A perspective from across the bridge........... on 11:32 - Jul 3 with 1295 viewsDarran

A perspective from across the bridge........... on 11:31 - Jul 3 by Dr_Winston

Many of us have wives and siblings from Swansea. Doesn't stop him slagging the place off every five minutes.

Absolutely correct.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024