Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Allen to Stoke? 21:09 - Jul 20 with 50284 viewsJango

Gone into odds on to join Stoke with a few links on Twitter reporting a bid rising to £13.5million has been accepted by liverpool
[Post edited 20 Jul 2016 21:10]
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 10:06 - Jul 25 with 3047 viewsicecoldjack

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 10:04 - Jul 25 by Highjack

Frustrating. Here we have a home grown player in the form of his life and his best years ahead of him who would probably want to come here over other clubs, we're apparently very interested but not actually interested enough to try to sign him. Yes the price is a bit steep for a player with a year left but he could have been a stalwart of our midfield for the next 8 or 9 seasons.

As I said frustrating.

Exactly how I feel.

It could have been a perfect statement of intent. I will prey for a last minute offer from tge swans !
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 10:09 - Jul 25 with 3031 viewsLeonisGod

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 10:04 - Jul 25 by Highjack

Frustrating. Here we have a home grown player in the form of his life and his best years ahead of him who would probably want to come here over other clubs, we're apparently very interested but not actually interested enough to try to sign him. Yes the price is a bit steep for a player with a year left but he could have been a stalwart of our midfield for the next 8 or 9 seasons.

As I said frustrating.

Could easily be the new Leon nonetheless. Someone to build the midfield around for 8 or 9 seasons as you say.

I wonder if we've already done our business and the club think we don't need another body in the centre of the park? Sounds like the sort of logical thing we'd do. Or if all our eggs are in the striker and winger basket. Or maybe there's another twist to come. Fk knows!
N/A. on 10:14 - Jul 25 with 2990 viewsHuw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 0:20]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 10:16 - Jul 25 with 2955 viewsmonmouth

Crikey it's getting like Mumsnet on here :)

Allen is hardly Inesta for goodness sake. Signing him is hardly a 'statement of intent'. Do you think the rest of the premier league would think 'wow, Swans have resigned Allen, they're going places'. I like him as a player but this isn't in any shape or form a major disaster.

What concerns me more - definitely - is the difference between the real public statements of intent from Jenkins et al if they then don't make any attempt to live up to them. If we really wanted Joe we should have spent the money and got him. if not, they should have shut the f**k up.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2016 10:17]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 10:20 - Jul 25 with 2912 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

He's signing for stoke next couple of days

We couldn't have wanted him that badly

Move on .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 10:24 - Jul 25 with 2867 viewsjack247

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 10:16 - Jul 25 by monmouth

Allen is hardly Inesta for goodness sake. Signing him is hardly a 'statement of intent'. Do you think the rest of the premier league would think 'wow, Swans have resigned Allen, they're going places'. I like him as a player but this isn't in any shape or form a major disaster.

What concerns me more - definitely - is the difference between the real public statements of intent from Jenkins et al if they then don't make any attempt to live up to them. If we really wanted Joe we should have spent the money and got him. if not, they should have shut the f**k up.

That's my concern too. It smacks of declaring an interest in a player to get fans onside with no serious intention of signing him.

I couldn't care less about statements of intent. Think he really would have brought the best out in our midfield though.
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 10:29 - Jul 25 with 2825 viewsAngelRangelQS

I don't think anybody has said he's iniesta... Just a good solid signing that'll lift the club and at a price that whilst slightly steep is probably still within the realms of "reasonable". Pointless debating his strengths and weaknesses as I think most will agree on those.

I do think that part of the disappointment is less about Joey as a player and more about the fact that we haven't signed anyone yet of any note and most of the players we've been linked with are wholly underwhelming. Add to that a pretty awful18 months or so of recruitment and you can understand the frustrations and concern
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 10:31 - Jul 25 with 2815 viewsicecoldjack

Jenkins using smoke and mirrors yet again.

I can't say he is doing himself any favours and you would think now being a time of scrutiny like never before he'd pick his words carefully.

I personally thought signing Joe Allen is the smart pro active move our club needed, a move that gives us continuity for years to come and carries almost zero rusk in terms Ov outlay.

The Joe Allen deal at £13M is as safe a deal as you will get in the prem league, yet we appear to not want to go the extra yard and seem to lack the long term thinking at times .
Joe is a perfect signing in so many ways, it would have also sent a statement of intent that the yanks are backing their words with actions.

If we fail to sign Allen then I feel it will raise more questions than ever before, especially as we've tried to sign him twice this year.
Login to get fewer ads

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 10:32 - Jul 25 with 2808 viewsUplandsJack

Spot on....

Also just as a add on. If JA really wanted to "come home" as some have stated, why didnot he just refuse Stoke's approach?
Liverpool would then have either have had to accept out £8 million offer or leave him go for nothing/Nada next summer... I'm sure if Klopp really wanted rid that would have happened.
At the end of the day we have a full compliment of midfielders already so why waste a massive amount of our budget on a player we don't really need NOW!
Tour finish though I really, really hope HJ doesn't cock up this transfer window like he has in recent years...Because the goodwill towards himy has certainly evaporated as far as I'm concerned in recent times....
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 10:39 - Jul 25 with 2754 viewsangryjack

unless we make some bigish signings we deserve to go down,even palace and bournemouth are bidding big money for average players,we tight as f8ck...
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 10:42 - Jul 25 with 2728 viewsicecoldjack

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 10:32 - Jul 25 by UplandsJack

Spot on....

Also just as a add on. If JA really wanted to "come home" as some have stated, why didnot he just refuse Stoke's approach?
Liverpool would then have either have had to accept out £8 million offer or leave him go for nothing/Nada next summer... I'm sure if Klopp really wanted rid that would have happened.
At the end of the day we have a full compliment of midfielders already so why waste a massive amount of our budget on a player we don't really need NOW!
Tour finish though I really, really hope HJ doesn't cock up this transfer window like he has in recent years...Because the goodwill towards himy has certainly evaporated as far as I'm concerned in recent times....

Because sometimes the right player comes along at the wrong time and any pro active club needs to be mindful of this.

Joe Allen is basically the safest big money signing we could ever make.knows the club,the area,the players, has plenty of ability and could offer us something huge in long term continuity .

Huw Jenkins has been quoted As saying tre value is about right so not sure why he decided to then not bother. Seems odd, why say anything at all ?
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 12:13 - Jul 25 with 2303 viewsSheffieldjack

I can only think that we haven't signed Joe because we need the money to make a couple of major signings - Bony plus at least one more.
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 12:17 - Jul 25 with 2271 viewsDr_Winston

Amen

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 12:23 - Jul 25 with 2219 viewsFerryjack123

Maybe things are not so close after all

Mark Hughes: Stoke City will be patient over Saido Berahino and Joe Allen moves

Manager Mark Hughes says Stoke City are happy to bide their time in their attempts to sign West Bromwich Albion striker Saido Berahino and Liverpool midfielder Joe Allen.

The Potters' £20m bid for 22-year-old Berahino was rejected but a £13m offer for Wales international Allen, 26, has been accepted.

"You can never second guess deals," Hughes told BBC Radio Stoke.

"Ideally you want to do all your business before the season starts."

Stoke, who are also finalising a deal for Egypt winger Ramadan Sobhi, are yet to go back with an improved offer for Berahino, with Albion thought to be keen to bring in a potential replacement first.

"Things are ongoing - we're very hopeful over a number of deals we're involved with but until they are actually done you can never be too sure," Hughes said.

"Sometimes the deals seem quite easy and others seem to drag on, which a number of them have this time unfortunately, but we just have to wait and be patient - sometimes other clubs need to do business first."

Stoke's preparations for the new season continue with a 10-day pre-season tour of Florida.
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 12:30 - Jul 25 with 2152 viewsGiff

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/wales/36850814

Medical at Stoke
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 12:41 - Jul 25 with 2042 viewsFlashberryjack

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 12:30 - Jul 25 by Giff

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/wales/36850814

Medical at Stoke

Looks like we didn't have the will, determination or the cash to land Joey......very disappointed indeed.

By the looks of things, £8 million seems to be our limit, if the Alex Pritchard rumor is correct

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 12:45 - Jul 25 with 2001 viewssnork44

Monny, I agree with you about Allen, but as I said before when these investments from the US where first mooted, it was for these eventualities that we could have the funds to compete with the Stokes of this world, we can't compete with the top six and we all accept that! But Stoke 'fecking' City it's not like Barcelona have offered 50 or 60 million for the lad. Huw,we have the backing and the investment now, you don't have to go crazy and try and buy Messi but at the same time overpaying by 3 to 5 million is not going to piss off messrs Kaplen and Levien in fact you may get brownie points off them by doing so!

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 12:48 - Jul 25 with 1962 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Investment?

Have I missed something?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 13:19 - Jul 25 with 1788 viewsAngelRangelQS

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 12:45 - Jul 25 by snork44

Monny, I agree with you about Allen, but as I said before when these investments from the US where first mooted, it was for these eventualities that we could have the funds to compete with the Stokes of this world, we can't compete with the top six and we all accept that! But Stoke 'fecking' City it's not like Barcelona have offered 50 or 60 million for the lad. Huw,we have the backing and the investment now, you don't have to go crazy and try and buy Messi but at the same time overpaying by 3 to 5 million is not going to piss off messrs Kaplen and Levien in fact you may get brownie points off them by doing so!

It's as most people have said all along, this has all been about the old shareholders (STID best for the club etc) lining their pockets and absolutely zero to do with the club having any more money to spend
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 13:20 - Jul 25 with 1772 viewssnork44

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 12:48 - Jul 25 by Joe_bradshaw

Investment?

Have I missed something?

Well ,that was the line Huw spun us when these American investors came in that we would have more investment so we would compete with other clubs. Unless Huw is being careful with the Dollars, just to show how prudent his is.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 13:23 - Jul 25 with 1749 viewsjasper_T

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 13:20 - Jul 25 by snork44

Well ,that was the line Huw spun us when these American investors came in that we would have more investment so we would compete with other clubs. Unless Huw is being careful with the Dollars, just to show how prudent his is.

I think that was the other Americans.
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 13:26 - Jul 25 with 1732 viewsgazza_1234

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 13:19 - Jul 25 by AngelRangelQS

It's as most people have said all along, this has all been about the old shareholders (STID best for the club etc) lining their pockets and absolutely zero to do with the club having any more money to spend

Everton have hardly splashed the cash since their billionaire took over.
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 13:27 - Jul 25 with 1717 viewsjasper_T

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 13:26 - Jul 25 by gazza_1234

Everton have hardly splashed the cash since their billionaire took over.

Too busy paying off all their debt first, I would imagine.
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 13:27 - Jul 25 with 1711 viewsdobjack2

Investment?

Have I missed something?

No - but surely one of the main selling points to supporters was that the share sale would allow us to compete financially with comparable clubs. Along with all the suggestions of investment in the team blah blah blah. Mind you I have no doubt that any investment will come at a price.

Seems like business as usual - try and do just enough business to keep us up.

So Wtf was that rubbish quoted in the press about our interest in Joe or did our midfield look so good in demolishing Bristol Rovers not full strength team that the board think that the same players plus ki and Siggy could do the same to any premiership team. Therefore not needed.
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 13:28 - Jul 25 with 1700 viewsLandore_Jack

Investment?

Have I missed something?

You should ask JVZ.

#backtojack

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024