Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Allen to Stoke? 21:09 - Jul 20 with 50326 viewsJango

Gone into odds on to join Stoke with a few links on Twitter reporting a bid rising to £13.5million has been accepted by liverpool
[Post edited 20 Jul 2016 21:10]
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 19:58 - Jul 21 with 3997 viewsplasjack

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 19:47 - Jul 21 by WxmJax

I think Stoke ARE a bigger club than us. Bigger ground, fan base, history, as are most of the clubs in the division which make our achievements even better. Newcastle, Leeds, Villa are all bigger but even if they hate us they'll have a grudging respect for what's happening in SA1 and would love to swap places with us.

Whether people like it or not we are little old Swansea, punching well above our weight and long may it continue. The joy of beating these big teams on their own patch is just something else (even though we have always been lucky enough to catch every one of them on an off day).

As i see it we are only slightly in front of three other teams for being BIGGER this next P/L season, let you choose which teams.
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 19:59 - Jul 21 with 3995 viewsbonymine

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 19:47 - Jul 21 by WxmJax

I think Stoke ARE a bigger club than us. Bigger ground, fan base, history, as are most of the clubs in the division which make our achievements even better. Newcastle, Leeds, Villa are all bigger but even if they hate us they'll have a grudging respect for what's happening in SA1 and would love to swap places with us.

Whether people like it or not we are little old Swansea, punching well above our weight and long may it continue. The joy of beating these big teams on their own patch is just something else (even though we have always been lucky enough to catch every one of them on an off day).

Stoke are definitely a bigger club than us just look at their current transfer targets ;

£13M for Joey & £20M for Berahino .....

We, on the other hand have so far ;

Sold Paloschi for £6M
Sold Eder for £5M
Looking to offload Gomis to Marseille

Bought ;

Fer £4.75M
Another (4th choice) Goalkeeper........

WTF 😳😳😳

I remember our 2nd season in the FIRST DIVISION in 1982/83 and as hard as it is to say it I see a
repeat of that.

Just hope I'm wrong !

STID. Together Stronger 💪💪💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 09:11 - Jul 22 with 3759 viewsjojaca

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 19:59 - Jul 21 by bonymine

Stoke are definitely a bigger club than us just look at their current transfer targets ;

Sold Paloschi for £6M
Sold Eder for £5M

Bought ;

Fer £4.75M

WTF 😳😳😳

I remember our 2nd season in the FIRST DIVISION in 1982/83 and as hard as it is to say it I see a
repeat of that.

Just hope I'm wrong !

What happened to out of contract Tom Carroll, wouldn't he be better option younger and cheaper.

Even when you know, you never know?

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 09:50 - Jul 22 with 3710 viewsshandyjack

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 19:58 - Jul 21 by plasjack

As i see it we are only slightly in front of three other teams for being BIGGER this next P/L season, let you choose which teams.

Burnley and Watford only 2 i can think of Hull at a stretch

Poll: Expectation for the season

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 12:11 - Jul 22 with 3591 viewsAussieSwan

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 19:58 - Jul 21 by plasjack

Burnley, Hull and Bournemouth for mine

I'd argue West Brom as well, maybe on par with Watford too

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 12:18 - Jul 22 with 3568 viewsAnotherJohn

Sold Paloschi for £6M
Sold Eder for £5M

Bought ;

Fer £4.75M

WTF 😳😳😳

repeat of that.

Just hope I'm wrong !

As far as I can remember the only signing was Dean Saunders, who had been a youth player. People say we went down because we overspent. It is true that our financial commitments exceeded our means, but arguably we went down because we did not have the money to invest when we needed to strengthen in that 2nd season.
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 12:34 - Jul 22 with 3520 viewsAussieSwan

I'm not brimming with confidence after reading Huw's comments

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/we-are-still-in-the-hunt-for-liverpool-s

""Joe is away as far as I know because, like our players, he's finished the Euros and then needs so many weeks off.

"Over the next week or 10 days things may move on, but we must remember we have a full complement of midfield players as it is.

"Timing is the thing with Joe. Whether it's now or in the future it needs to be the time that suits us and we'll have to wait and see if things happen on that front.

"We're still in the hunt. Joe is one of our players and we'll keep that open for as long as we can.

"I think £13 million is probably a high valuation for a player with a year left in his contract. But with the market as it is, we've all seen some values put on players, it's not unrealistic.

"It's a high valuation, but the market has gone that way."

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 13:27 - Jul 22 with 3380 viewsQuakerJack

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 12:34 - Jul 22 by AussieSwan

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/we-are-still-in-the-hunt-for-liverpool-s

""Joe is away as far as I know because, like our players, he's finished the Euros and then needs so many weeks off.

"Over the next week or 10 days things may move on, but we must remember we have a full complement of midfield players as it is.

"Timing is the thing with Joe. Whether it's now or in the future it needs to be the time that suits us and we'll have to wait and see if things happen on that front.

"We're still in the hunt. Joe is one of our players and we'll keep that open for as long as we can.

"I think £13 million is probably a high valuation for a player with a year left in his contract. But with the market as it is, we've all seen some values put on players, it's not unrealistic.

Well timing wise it's now... I know for a fact that he and his missus really want him to go to the Swans and they're hoping that a move will happen... whether it does or not depends solely on us by the sounds of it.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Login to get fewer ads

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 13:43 - Jul 22 with 3337 viewslondonlisa2001

It's funny - I thought it was more positive than I expected - he actually says it's not an unreasonable valuation which I found a shock.

I personally am convinced we'll sign him as the new owners will want good PR. Shame that we didn't a few weeks ago when we could have got him for £10m I think.
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 13:47 - Jul 22 with 3305 viewsveng9

Sold Paloschi for £6M
Sold Eder for £5M

Bought ;

Fer £4.75M

WTF 😳😳😳

repeat of that.

Just hope I'm wrong !

I find comparing players we've signed compared to players a club have been linked with but not signed a very strange comparison. Especially when one of those players is a target of ours. You didn't mention any of the people we've been linked with rumour or not. So far Stoke haven't signed anyone.
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 13:47 - Jul 22 with 3302 viewsDafyddHuw

Agreed that we need a Joe Allen-type player.
That doesn't mean that it has to be Joe Allen.
We can buy equivalent quality for cheaper abroad.
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 13:53 - Jul 22 with 3272 viewsLeonisGod

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 13:47 - Jul 22 by DafyddHuw

Agreed that we need a Joe Allen-type player.
That doesn't mean that it has to be Joe Allen.
We can buy equivalent quality for cheaper abroad.

We need an Italian Allen. This fella might do it

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 13:55 - Jul 22 with 3267 viewsHighjack

The fact Huw is mentioning it at all speaks volumes. He is usually notoriously tight lipped about players we're linked with and most signings appear out of the blue waving the scarf without the media getting any sort of knowledge of it.

If he's speaking publically about it then it must be quite likely it will happen.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 17:45 - Jul 22 with 3066 viewsDyfnant

if he wants to come home he simply tells Liverpool that there's no chance Stokes gonna happen and accept the £8M or so or get zero next year. On top of £2M wages wasted and probable signing on bonus he's due for completing his contract. I wouldn't offer a penny more than been offered so far by us.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 18:29 - Jul 22 with 2991 viewsGlyn1

This BBC news item is a bit more positive:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36865493

"Joe is one of our own players and if at all possible we would probably make that signing," said Jenkins.

Jenkins revealed the Swans have already spoken to Liverpool about re-signing Allen, who has one year left on his Anfield contract, for a Swansea record fee and confirmed the club will "put in a little bit more effort" now their American takeover has been finalised.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2016 18:33]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 01:17 - Jul 23 with 2780 viewsowainglyndwr

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 18:29 - Jul 22 by Glyn1

This BBC news item is a bit more positive:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36865493

"Joe is one of our own players and if at all possible we would probably make that signing," said Jenkins.

Jenkins revealed the Swans have already spoken to Liverpool about re-signing Allen, who has one year left on his Anfield contract, for a Swansea record fee and confirmed the club will "put in a little bit more effort" now their American takeover has been finalised.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2016 18:33]

Joe wants to be back home, Stoke deal has stalled,
If terms can be agreed he will be back
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 01:43 - Jul 23 with 2757 viewstylagarwjack

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 01:17 - Jul 23 by owainglyndwr

Joe wants to be back home, Stoke deal has stalled,
If terms can be agreed he will be back

As good a player as he is I can't believe we will spend £13m, or even £10m, to get him back.

Where does he play? He's no CDM, we have Cork and Leon for that position anyway, and we have KI and Fer for the CM position, both of whom are more likely to score goals than Joe.

I like Joe as a player a lot, but IMO we have to prioritise bringing in players who can score goals in the Premier League as we have very few (Gylfi and Ayew) who are capable of scoring regularly, and Joe, for all his qualities, won't do that, his assists record isn't that good either.

You could argue that we bomb KI and buy Joe instead, and yes, there is the Welsh V South Korea factor to consider in terms of who will be at the club for longer but the fact remains that KI has an 8 goal Prem season on his CV and I would be amazed if Joe ever got close to that. If I was FG I would be intent on getting the best out of KI rather than selling him and buying Joe for more.

For me, the money would be better spent on other areas of the team.
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 03:37 - Jul 23 with 2705 viewskyswans

If Joey's coming back, Ki is gone.

We now know what Stoke will pay – with Ki's international draw, I think 10m for him is reasonable.

We'd essentially pay 3m to swap Ki for Joey. That's a win in my book.
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 06:03 - Jul 23 with 2662 viewsclement

give me hope joe allen, hope joe allen....

http://www.footballfancast.com/football-news/swansea-have-13m-offer-accepted-for

Poll: who will be our manager next season?

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 08:08 - Jul 23 with 2499 viewsJohnw102

Much as I would like to see Joe back here £13mill for a player in the last year of his contract and in a position that we have adequate cover for, is too much IMO . Spending that sort of money when we have no strikers at the club makes no sense at all.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 08:16 - Jul 23 with 2477 viewsBorojack

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 08:08 - Jul 23 by Johnw102

Much as I would like to see Joe back here £13mill for a player in the last year of his contract and in a position that we have adequate cover for, is too much IMO . Spending that sort of money when we have no strikers at the club makes no sense at all.

All Joe has to do is stick to his guns and say I dont want to sign for Stoke RFC.
KI is worth about 10 million so were right to knock back the first bid.
There wiĺl be a 2nd bid no doubt once Joe makes it clear he has no interest in playing rugby.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 13:57 - Jul 23 with 2249 viewskyswans

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 06:03 - Jul 23 by clement

give me hope joe allen, hope joe allen....

http://www.footballfancast.com/football-news/swansea-have-13m-offer-accepted-for

The Guardian link that is shown says Stoke have a bid accepted, not Swansea.
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 13:59 - Jul 23 with 2234 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 13:57 - Jul 23 by kyswans

The Guardian link that is shown says Stoke have a bid accepted, not Swansea.

The point that Jenkins is playing on is that the bid has been accepted by Liverpool, but not necessarily by Joe himself, cos he's on his hols.
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 14:03 - Jul 23 with 2215 viewsmax936

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 09:11 - Jul 22 by jojaca

What happened to out of contract Tom Carroll, wouldn't he be better option younger and cheaper.

No, no and no, Joey is a far far superior player to Tom Carroll, in fact he couldn't lace his boots.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 14:09 - Jul 23 with 2186 viewsdobjack2

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 13:59 - Jul 23 by A_Fans_Dad

The point that Jenkins is playing on is that the bid has been accepted by Liverpool, but not necessarily by Joe himself, cos he's on his hols.

And of course we wouldn't have spoken with Joes agent.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024