Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Allen to Stoke? 21:09 - Jul 20 with 50278 viewsJango

Gone into odds on to join Stoke with a few links on Twitter reporting a bid rising to £13.5million has been accepted by liverpool
[Post edited 20 Jul 2016 21:10]
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 11:16 - Jul 24 with 3053 viewsdobjack2

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 11:00 - Jul 24 by plasjack

As i mentioned earlier, lets strengthen where we are weak, and then add on if we need too.

Got to have several things going at the same time can't just think we have to get a striker and not look at anyone else.
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 12:00 - Jul 24 with 2921 viewsplasjack

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 11:16 - Jul 24 by dobjack2

Got to have several things going at the same time can't just think we have to get a striker and not look at anyone else.

Where did i say that.
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 12:21 - Jul 24 with 2854 viewsmagicdaps10

Looks like its all done with Stoke and he will be joining Mon or Tue.

Only one bid from Swansea before the Euro's and there has been no direct contact with the Swans to Liverpool since the bid. The rumoured bid of 13M from us in the last day or so seems to wrong.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 12:23 - Jul 24 with 2838 viewsdobjack2

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 12:00 - Jul 24 by plasjack

Where did i say that.

It can be read into your post
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 12:23 - Jul 24 with 2837 viewsmax936

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 12:21 - Jul 24 by magicdaps10

Looks like its all done with Stoke and he will be joining Mon or Tue.

Only one bid from Swansea before the Euro's and there has been no direct contact with the Swans to Liverpool since the bid. The rumoured bid of 13M from us in the last day or so seems to wrong.

Stoke is a long way from Abercrave his Mrs will still be home sick

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 12:26 - Jul 24 with 2817 viewsmonmouth

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 12:23 - Jul 24 by max936

Stoke is a long way from Abercrave his Mrs will still be home sick

If he signs for the Gogger, we obviously decided against then, given that we had a following wind.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 12:26 - Jul 24 with 2817 viewsdobjack2

Speculation is that we want to sell ki before getting Joe. If that's the case he's going to stoke and ki is staying here.
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 12:29 - Jul 24 with 2796 viewslondonlisa2001

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 12:26 - Jul 24 by monmouth

If he signs for the Gogger, we obviously decided against then, given that we had a following wind.

Given HJ comments that is unlikely.

Maybe we can't get rid of Ki?
Login to get fewer ads

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 12:30 - Jul 24 with 2796 viewsplasjack

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 12:23 - Jul 24 by dobjack2

It can be read into your post

What newspaper do you write horoscopes for?.
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 12:38 - Jul 24 with 2758 viewsAussieSwan

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 12:26 - Jul 24 by dobjack2

Speculation is that we want to sell ki before getting Joe. If that's the case he's going to stoke and ki is staying here.

Then why the hell did we not accept Stoke's 7 million offer for Ki...?

Shame that Huw's been caught napping once again whilst our rivals have strengthened. Great signing for Stoke if it goes through, Allen's going to be the one that got away for us
[Post edited 24 Jul 2016 12:39]

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 12:44 - Jul 24 with 2729 viewsmax936

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 12:38 - Jul 24 by AussieSwan

Then why the hell did we not accept Stoke's 7 million offer for Ki...?

Shame that Huw's been caught napping once again whilst our rivals have strengthened. Great signing for Stoke if it goes through, Allen's going to be the one that got away for us
[Post edited 24 Jul 2016 12:39]

Another one that got away, there's been so many I've lost count

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 12:44 - Jul 24 with 2729 viewsdobjack2

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 12:30 - Jul 24 by plasjack

What newspaper do you write horoscopes for?.

Sorry you've got my occupation wrong.
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 12:49 - Jul 24 with 2693 viewsmax936

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 12:26 - Jul 24 by monmouth

A following wind is awful, you can't plead your innocence.

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 12:50 - Jul 24 with 2690 viewslondonlisa2001

After Huw's comments immediately after the 'takeover', this will be a monumental cock up if we lose Allen to Stoke.

I agree to an extent that we don't need him now as a priority, but sometimes when players that could be a big member of the team for years to come become available, you've got to take the opportunity even if the timing's not quite right. After all, isn't that exactly the sort of financial muscle that the new regime was so desperately needed for according to our outgoing owners?
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 12:53 - Jul 24 with 2672 viewsPhaedrus

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 12:50 - Jul 24 by londonlisa2001

After Huw's comments immediately after the 'takeover', this will be a monumental cock up if we lose Allen to Stoke.

I agree to an extent that we don't need him now as a priority, but sometimes when players that could be a big member of the team for years to come become available, you've got to take the opportunity even if the timing's not quite right. After all, isn't that exactly the sort of financial muscle that the new regime was so desperately needed for according to our outgoing owners?

FFS find a hobby that cheers you up.

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 12:54 - Jul 24 with 2661 viewsmax936

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 12:50 - Jul 24 by londonlisa2001

Our business model in the purchasing department won't change Lisa, any new "financial muscle" is all smoke and mirrors spouted by Huw to attempt to smooth the water over any takeover.

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 12:59 - Jul 24 with 2621 viewsdobjack2

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 12:54 - Jul 24 by max936

Our business model in the purchasing department won't change Lisa, any new "financial muscle" is all smoke and mirrors spouted by Huw to attempt to smooth the water over any takeover.

If that is the case then the goodwill factor is going to vanish very quickly.
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 12:59 - Jul 24 with 2619 viewslondonlisa2001

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 12:53 - Jul 24 by Phaedrus

FFS find a hobby that cheers you up.

What are you talking about?

You don't think it'd be a cock up for the chairman to say on Friday afternoon that we were intending to do everything we could to get Allen back and then by the Sunday / Monday he signs for someone else?

You don't think it may be a good idea for him to, you know, check if it was possible before saying anything like that? If we don't get him we don't get him, but if he goes to Stoke it will be a cock up.
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 13:05 - Jul 24 with 2581 viewslondonlisa2001

No, I agree with you. I was quoting the official spin.
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 13:07 - Jul 24 with 2566 viewsWarwickHunt

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 12:59 - Jul 24 by londonlisa2001

What are you talking about?

You don't think it'd be a cock up for the chairman to say on Friday afternoon that we were intending to do everything we could to get Allen back and then by the Sunday / Monday he signs for someone else?

You don't think it may be a good idea for him to, you know, check if it was possible before saying anything like that? If we don't get him we don't get him, but if he goes to Stoke it will be a cock up.

"Jenkins revealed the Swans have already spoken to Liverpool about re-signing Allen, who has one year left on his Anfield contract, for a Swansea record fee and confirmed the club will "put in a little bit more effort" now their American takeover has been finalised"

"A little bit" was obviously literal.
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 13:11 - Jul 24 with 2546 viewssnork44

I love Huw when he is standing up to hostile bids for players, but when he is in knob mode then he is a pain in the arse. He this time is that pain, when it was mooted we were to have outside investment it was for situations like this so we could compete against other clubs I:e the Stokes, Palarses and Burnleys! But Huwbert is still playing cautious, ffs we have nearly £100 million surely 15 million could be spent on Joe ! The annoying thing is he will be joining that Luddite club and it's miserable gog manager.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2016 22:57]

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 13:12 - Jul 24 with 2530 viewsmonmouth

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 13:07 - Jul 24 by WarwickHunt

"Jenkins revealed the Swans have already spoken to Liverpool about re-signing Allen, who has one year left on his Anfield contract, for a Swansea record fee and confirmed the club will "put in a little bit more effort" now their American takeover has been finalised"

I'd forgotten about that. Looks a bit silly at the mo. Maybe he has a cunning plan.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 13:18 - Jul 24 with 2492 viewsThornburyswan

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 13:11 - Jul 24 by snork44

I love Huw when he is standing up to hostile bids for players, but when he is in knob mode then he is a pain in the arse. He this time is that pain, when it was mooted we were to have outside investment it was for situations like this so we could compete against other clubs I:e the Stokes, Palarses and Burnleys! But Huwbert is still playing cautious, ffs we have nearly £100 million surely 15 million could be spent on Joe ! The annoying thing is he will be joining that Luddite club and it's miserable gog manager.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2016 22:57]

It's Sunday mun, Huw will be having family time whilst his phone is switched off in the draw but don't worry he'll be up early tomorrow ;-)
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 13:23 - Jul 24 with 2463 viewslondonlisa2001

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 13:07 - Jul 24 by WarwickHunt

Yes - it's that statement that would make it a cock up if he goes to Stoke.

It's a pretty silly thing to say if we weren't going to sign him.

Edited to add - btw - I think there is a real possibility that we will still sign him and the reports are wrong, but that's just perhaps being optimistic.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2016 13:26]
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 13:29 - Jul 24 with 2421 viewsdobjack2

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 13:23 - Jul 24 by londonlisa2001

Yes - it's that statement that would make it a cock up if he goes to Stoke.

It's a pretty silly thing to say if we weren't going to sign him.

Edited to add - btw - I think there is a real possibility that we will still sign him and the reports are wrong, but that's just perhaps being optimistic.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2016 13:26]

or did he say it without getting the approval of his boss first?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024