Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Allen to Stoke? 21:09 - Jul 20 with 50285 viewsJango

Gone into odds on to join Stoke with a few links on Twitter reporting a bid rising to £13.5million has been accepted by liverpool
[Post edited 20 Jul 2016 21:10]
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 23:50 - Jul 24 with 3081 viewsmorningstar

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 23:41 - Jul 24 by SwanseaTID

I've all but given up on Joe coming back now, if anything was going to happen it would have happened today and all the noises are pointing towards him being a Stoke player in 48 hours.

We don't know the ins and out but if the fault lies with us then Huw and the yanks have missed out on a great opportunity to show a bit of intent and that we we're not f*cking about about progressing.

I hope I'm wrong and something happens, but if it's too late its time to turn our attention to Wilf.

? They play in entirely different positions! Or do you have the same obsession as a lot of others on here who believe we should just sign former players on 70k to 100k a week just for the hell of it?

'We missed out on Joe so let's turn our attention to Wilf'?

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 00:21 - Jul 25 with 2940 viewsdameedna

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 22:38 - Jul 24 by AngelRangelQS

I don't disagree. It would have been nice to have him back and have a player in the team with a bit of heart and who could lift the tempo in midfield.

I guess we are going to be stuck with watching Jack Cork clogging his way up the field, misplacing any passes over 5 yards and the total anonymous mess that is Ki.

Never mind, at least we've still got Naugton, Taylor and Montero

....Freddy and Angel
You never know we may bring back Scotty...
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 06:17 - Jul 25 with 2709 viewsdobjack2

Liverpool based papers saying Joe has agreed terms with Stoke and is having a medical today.

If true it would appear that very little has changed with our transfer policy following the share sale as we apparently did not make a bid. Joe was clearly a long term target but it would appear that we have been financially outmuscled by Stoke who have moved decisively.

Again if true wait for a bullshirt statement by the club followed by the sound of the sharpening of pitchforks and lighting of torches as we start moving towards meltdown.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2016 6:20]
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 07:01 - Jul 25 with 2589 viewswaynekerr55

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 23:41 - Jul 24 by SwanseaTID

I've all but given up on Joe coming back now, if anything was going to happen it would have happened today and all the noises are pointing towards him being a Stoke player in 48 hours.

We don't know the ins and out but if the fault lies with us then Huw and the yanks have missed out on a great opportunity to show a bit of intent and that we we're not f*cking about about progressing.

I hope I'm wrong and something happens, but if it's too late its time to turn our attention to Wilf.

We'll be lucky to stand still at this rate...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 07:12 - Jul 25 with 2543 viewsDr_Winston

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 22:27 - Jul 24 by monmouth

Be surprised if they'd give a shit mate tbh. As you said they'll have a budget and a financial plan. It might not be the one we'd like though.

Must admit I'm disappointed that Allen is going to that hole and that manager if this is true. Having said that, I like him as a player and I'd be happy enough if he came back, but as I've said, too often now, I don't think this one will make or break us for next season.

Sense.

Signing Joe would be a "once everything else is sorted" deal. Something to consider if we've got money left after filling the far more pressing gaps in the squad.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 07:19 - Jul 25 with 2515 viewsDDCH

Stoke? Really? It's like finding out that woman you fancy has shacked up with an Andrew Lloyd Webber look alike. Unfortunately had to spend some working time in that neck of the woods and the only good thing I can say about it is that it's close to Alton Towers. Shit club shit place.... What's Joe thinking even considering it?

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 07:23 - Jul 25 with 2487 viewsjack247

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 07:19 - Jul 25 by DDCH

Stoke? Really? It's like finding out that woman you fancy has shacked up with an Andrew Lloyd Webber look alike. Unfortunately had to spend some working time in that neck of the woods and the only good thing I can say about it is that it's close to Alton Towers. Shit club shit place.... What's Joe thinking even considering it?

Probably because Liverpool don't want him and neither does it seem, do we. I doubt it was his first choice.
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 07:26 - Jul 25 with 2475 viewsjack247

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 07:12 - Jul 25 by Dr_Winston

Sense.

Signing Joe would be a "once everything else is sorted" deal. Something to consider if we've got money left after filling the far more pressing gaps in the squad.

This post has been edited by an administrator

We need that type of player certainly. If we are going to have a mobile front 3, or 3 advanced midfielders behind a striker, we need someone behind them who can dictate the tempo.

Not as pressing a concern as a striker admittedly, but this is/was a good chance to sign someone who fits the team like a glove.
Login to get fewer ads

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 07:31 - Jul 25 with 2446 viewsAndyNak

The thought of him lining up alongside Charlie Adam makes me feel somewhat nauseous

Poll: Joe or Wilf? If you could only have one

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 07:33 - Jul 25 with 2434 viewsDDCH

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 07:23 - Jul 25 by jack247

Probably because Liverpool don't want him and neither does it seem, do we. I doubt it was his first choice.

But Stoke? Just because you don't pull on a night out doesn't mean you have to grab some 20 stone lip stick smeared troglodyte to take home.

Surely he'd be better running his contract down and looking at the end of the season and getting the pick of where to go with a healthy signing on fee to boot

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 07:39 - Jul 25 with 2413 viewsnantywatcher

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 22:38 - Jul 24 by AngelRangelQS

I don't disagree. It would have been nice to have him back and have a player in the team with a bit of heart and who could lift the tempo in midfield.

I guess we are going to be stuck with watching Jack Cork clogging his way up the field, misplacing any passes over 5 yards and the total anonymous mess that is Ki.

Never mind, at least we've still got Naugton, Taylor and Montero

Utterly clueless - what the hell are you doing on a football forum - clown!
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 07:40 - Jul 25 with 2410 viewsAngelRangelQS

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 07:39 - Jul 25 by nantywatcher

Utterly clueless - what the hell are you doing on a football forum - clown!

Whatever pal.

What's your genius take on it then?
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 07:45 - Jul 25 with 2384 viewsjack247

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 07:33 - Jul 25 by DDCH

But Stoke? Just because you don't pull on a night out doesn't mean you have to grab some 20 stone lip stick smeared troglodyte to take home.

Surely he'd be better running his contract down and looking at the end of the season and getting the pick of where to go with a healthy signing on fee to boot

That's how nights out used to work for me
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 07:52 - Jul 25 with 2352 viewsDDCH

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 07:45 - Jul 25 by jack247

That's how nights out used to work for me

Works well in non league but with that hair and beard... He's premier league

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 07:53 - Jul 25 with 2348 viewsnantywatcher

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 07:40 - Jul 25 by AngelRangelQS

Whatever pal.

What's your genius take on it then?

I'm totally hacked off with people coming on here and slagging off our players. All five players you've had a pop at there are good enough for the majority of Premier clubs. I don't get the enthusiasm for Joe, and I think we've got a squad more than capable of holding its own this season, and with one or two good additions (in which I would not include Joe) of achieving top 8. I just do not understand why people come on here throwing all this negativity about. Cork and Ki whilst on our books are great players as far as I'm concerned.
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 07:59 - Jul 25 with 2310 viewsjack247

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 07:53 - Jul 25 by nantywatcher

I'm totally hacked off with people coming on here and slagging off our players. All five players you've had a pop at there are good enough for the majority of Premier clubs. I don't get the enthusiasm for Joe, and I think we've got a squad more than capable of holding its own this season, and with one or two good additions (in which I would not include Joe) of achieving top 8. I just do not understand why people come on here throwing all this negativity about. Cork and Ki whilst on our books are great players as far as I'm concerned.

That's a nuts way of looking at it mate. If you think Cork and Ki are great players (I think Cork is BTW) based on merit and you can explain why fair enough. But are you saying you think they are great players just because they play for us and you want to get behind the boys?
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 08:06 - Jul 25 with 2265 viewsAngelRangelQS

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 07:53 - Jul 25 by nantywatcher

I would disagree that they're great players mate. I like Cork in the Leon position but I don't think he has the capability to play further forward where more is required of him.

Taylor has been a decent servant but has needed replacing for a couple of seasons now and still hasn't been. Hopefully Kingsley can step up.

One good season aside Ki has been terrible, Naughton can't get into the side despite costing £5m and presumably being on good money and Montero couldn't get a kick last season and is nothing more than an impact player who has a handful of good games a season.

The squad needs 2 or 3 quality players brought into it. Based on the window so far and previous years, I've got no faith that'll happen
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 09:04 - Jul 25 with 2062 viewsSwanseaTID

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 23:50 - Jul 24 by morningstar

? They play in entirely different positions! Or do you have the same obsession as a lot of others on here who believe we should just sign former players on 70k to 100k a week just for the hell of it?

'We missed out on Joe so let's turn our attention to Wilf'?

We had a limited amount of time to bring in a player that would significantly improve us and it looks like we've missed out, and not only it's improved a rival in the process.

We've only got a certain amount of time before Everton or someone else comes in for Bony so we've got to act quickly if he's a genuine target and not stand still.

Position's got nothing to do with the point I was making.
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 09:21 - Jul 25 with 1940 viewsAndyNak

WalesOnline reporting he's agreed terms

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-fc-star-joe-

Poll: Joe or Wilf? If you could only have one

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 09:34 - Jul 25 with 1850 viewsraynor94

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 09:21 - Jul 25 by AndyNak

WalesOnline reporting he's agreed terms

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-fc-star-joe-

Sickening I sincerely hope Huw knows what he's doing, any goodwill towards the new owners will rapidly disappear if nothing doesn't happen soon

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 09:41 - Jul 25 with 1799 viewsJackfath

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 09:34 - Jul 25 by raynor94

Sickening I sincerely hope Huw knows what he's doing, any goodwill towards the new owners will rapidly disappear if nothing doesn't happen soon

If nothing doesn't happen we are going to see something happening, I think?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 09:53 - Jul 25 with 1727 viewsicecoldjack

Looks like Joe could well be off to Stoke. Terms apparently agreed and medical lined up according to tweets etc on the Stoke forums.

Seems odd we bid for him in January, bid for him early summer, talk him up in the press this week and yet not bother to increase our bid or make a counter offer.

Huw said he is worth the market value so all bit strange, still hopeful we come back with a counter offer .
Joe Allen to Stoke? on 09:56 - Jul 25 with 1707 viewsLoyal

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 09:04 - Jul 25 by SwanseaTID

We had a limited amount of time to bring in a player that would significantly improve us and it looks like we've missed out, and not only it's improved a rival in the process.

We've only got a certain amount of time before Everton or someone else comes in for Bony so we've got to act quickly if he's a genuine target and not stand still.

This has always been the issue with HJ, too ponderous, takes things personally in negotiations like this to the detriment of the club. Fans suffer. Just my opinion.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 10:04 - Jul 25 with 1634 viewsHighjack

Frustrating. Here we have a home grown player in the form of his life and his best years ahead of him who would probably want to come here over other clubs, we're apparently very interested but not actually interested enough to try to sign him. Yes the price is a bit steep for a player with a year left but he could have been a stalwart of our midfield for the next 8 or 9 seasons.

As I said frustrating.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 10:05 - Jul 25 with 1615 viewsmonmouth

Joe Allen to Stoke? on 09:04 - Jul 25 by SwanseaTID

If Everton go for Bony he'll go there. Think about it. The minute he comes here, he's a confirmed failure, running back to 'daddy'. Go to Everton and he has a chance to show City they were 'wrong', plus Everton obviously have a miles higher profile. He will wait it out I think rather than jump back here. I'm still kind of hoping we'll be more imaginative anyway. I think we should try and get over this obsession with getting ex-players although I wouldn't be unhappy if either returned as at least we know they're not a Tabagomder.

Pace is what we need in the team, and some imagination regarding Ayew and interchanging runners. Not sure a target man like Wilf would be optimal for us now.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024