Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Real Swansea Story 19:20 - Jul 22 with 6628 viewsgrfn

Guys, in "Thank you Huw" thread i read:
"But don't forget the real,people who saved the club ....
You know - the ones not in the film."
and i would like to know more about Swansea history.
I am relatively new in supporting Swansea (i like this club since it entered Premier League and became "solid" fan during 14/15 campaign so i cant describe myself as a true Jack :))
but i would like to know a little more about Swans rise after that crisis.
Could you recommend some reliable sources of information?
Also I haven't watched "Jack to a King", i tried watching it but accent was sometimes too diifficult to understand everything properly and i found it pointless to watch it and dont fully understand it (as you may guess english is not my first language :)).
Do any of you have english subtitles? I failed to find them online.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2016 19:20]
Real Swansea Story on 19:21 - Jul 22 with 5219 viewsPozuelosSideys

10 pager..

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Real Swansea Story on 19:23 - Jul 22 with 5204 viewsplasjack

Beware of WUM, are you one of them?.
Real Swansea Story on 20:02 - Jul 22 with 5123 viewsGlyn1

Real Swansea Story on 19:23 - Jul 22 by plasjack

Beware of WUM, are you one of them?.

Is that a wind up? Yep.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Real Swansea Story on 00:34 - Jul 23 with 4826 viewsLoyal

He / she uses very long words in a clear grammatical way for someone who can't listen to the audio from the film and understand it.
You could almost assume this is a bit of a wind up.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Real Swansea Story on 09:03 - Jul 23 with 4701 viewsgrfn

Wow.
Just wow.
Ok then, sorry to bother you.
Real Swansea Story on 09:08 - Jul 23 with 4688 viewsItchySphincter

Real Swansea Story on 09:03 - Jul 23 by grfn

Wow.
Just wow.

Maybe try the Wikipedia page? Likely to be as accurate as the film.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Real Swansea Story on 09:34 - Jul 23 with 4654 viewsgrfn

Real Swansea Story on 09:08 - Jul 23 by ItchySphincter

Maybe try the Wikipedia page? Likely to be as accurate as the film.

Well, as i wrote in first post in this thread, i wanted to know "real people who saved the club
You know - the ones not in the film.", so i asked you for some sources of information.
Watching the movie was supposed to be some kind of add-on.
Real Swansea Story on 09:55 - Jul 23 with 4598 viewsDr_Winston

This is a good place to start.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2007/sep/05/obituaries.mainsection

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Real Swansea Story on 11:50 - Jul 23 with 4525 viewsmonmouth

Real Swansea Story on 09:55 - Jul 23 by Dr_Winston

It still makes me very angry that this man was airbrushed out.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Real Swansea Story on 11:53 - Jul 23 with 4513 viewslondonlisa2001

Many on here would do well to read that again and remind themselves.
Real Swansea Story on 15:55 - Jul 23 with 4401 viewsskippyjack

http://livingonwords.blogspot.co.uk/2011/05/saving-of-swans.html?m=1

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Real Swansea Story on 16:24 - Jul 23 with 4361 viewsDr_Winston

Real Swansea Story on 11:50 - Jul 23 by monmouth

We'd never have known that Weetabix and Vodka go together if they hadn't.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Real Swansea Story on 16:39 - Jul 23 with 4338 viewsUplandsJack

Real Swansea Story on 16:24 - Jul 23 by Dr_Winston

We'd never have known that Weetabix and Vodka go together if they hadn't.

Too true Doc.....
Real Swansea Story on 18:20 - Jul 23 with 4265 viewsskippyjack

It just emphasises what the seller's were all about.. Alan Tate was airbrushed out an all..

It was nothing more than a marketing tool.. where Dineen, Jenkins, JVZ, Morgans, Katzen met one evening, decided to put 50k in a Tesco carrier bag, and went to an apartment to buy the club off Petty.. what a story.

Never mind Dave Boyle, Richard Lilicrap, Michael Williams and Nigel Hamer who let 'tea boy' Dineen as he was known, to be part of the leadership group... who invented the Trust, and gathered 600 supporters.. who signed up and raised a significant amount for the Trust..and the MAGS and SEALS supporters in exile.. 1000+ fans..

Then that group of 1000+ fans who invited Martin Morgan and David Morgan to the party.. then Jenkins, Katzen, JVZ came along in a later date to set up a consortium approved by 1000s of supporters to oust Tony Petty.

This past week illustrates that the seller's owe 1000+ fans for their multi million pound windfall.. It was a democratic decision by the Trust to allow the chosen ones to oust Petty in the first place.. Leigh Dineen somehow popped up on the Swansea City shares, because Lilicrap had given the youngster an opportunity to lead the Trust.. which I bet he regrets.. considering Leigh used his position solely for his own agenda.

People slated T2C for years.. but he was an Enoch Powell amongst posters who vehemently put him down, and out of the forum all together.

Well done Lilicrap, the true saviour of Swansea City.. RIP.. A politician without self serving attributes.. possibly the only one.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2016 19:18]

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Real Swansea Story on 18:28 - Jul 23 with 4240 viewsWarwickHunt

Aye - me too. Was at Bishop Gore with Rich and we played in the same football team although he was a few years older than me.

A huge figure in our recent history and an absolute travesty he didn't even get a mention in the Disney version.
Real Swansea Story on 19:14 - Jul 23 with 4154 viewsmax936

Real Swansea Story on 18:28 - Jul 23 by WarwickHunt

Aye - me too. Was at Bishop Gore with Rich and we played in the same football team although he was a few years older than me.

A huge figure in our recent history and an absolute travesty he didn't even get a mention in the Disney version.

Fair play to Skippy in his above post, he's pretty much nailed it spot on. Its a great pity Richard isn't still here to get his views on things and the way he's virtually been hairbrushed out of Swansea's revival is a sad indictment on the former board I hope they're proud, Mal Pope as well as much I like him.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2016 19:15]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Real Swansea Story on 19:33 - Jul 23 with 4105 viewsphact0rri

In a perfect world. These unsung heroes would have books to read going over their lives. But many of the legends of Swansea City football club aren't the legendary strikers and outspoken managers. They aren't the lads sitting around a overly large table in suits. The stories of Swansea City are the ones that people don't want to write about. The stories are the lads who sit in the stands, or who sat in stands as long as they were able.

And thats the beautiful thing about this club, getting back into football, a few years back thats the thing that really resonated with me... and got the sport's hooks inside me was how important and how vital supporters are. Players on the pitch are great, but the supporters... thats where the true glamour is, in my opinion

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Real Swansea Story on 21:26 - Jul 23 with 3998 viewswaynekerr55

Real Swansea Story on 19:14 - Jul 23 by max936

Fair play to Skippy in his above post, he's pretty much nailed it spot on. Its a great pity Richard isn't still here to get his views on things and the way he's virtually been hairbrushed out of Swansea's revival is a sad indictment on the former board I hope they're proud, Mal Pope as well as much I like him.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2016 19:15]

Hairbrushed???

Have you been on the sauce Max 😂👀

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Real Swansea Story on 21:28 - Jul 23 with 3997 viewswhiterock

Like this
Real Swansea Story on 22:05 - Jul 23 with 3956 viewsWarwickHunt

Real Swansea Story on 21:28 - Jul 23 by whiterock

Like this

David Conn was instrumental in getting that published.

Top man.
Real Swansea Story on 22:17 - Jul 23 with 3930 viewskarnataka

Real Swansea Story on 18:28 - Jul 23 by WarwickHunt

Strange, I may well have been in that exact same Bishop Gore football team had my family not moved 9 months before I was due to start there. I was in the same class as Rich all the way through Ty Coch primary and we played in their school team together. I bumped into him 41 years later on the terraces at Torquay one incredibly rainy Boxing Day 2003.
Real Swansea Story on 01:12 - Jul 24 with 3808 viewsLoyal

Real Swansea Story on 18:20 - Jul 23 by skippyjack

It just emphasises what the seller's were all about.. Alan Tate was airbrushed out an all..

It was nothing more than a marketing tool.. where Dineen, Jenkins, JVZ, Morgans, Katzen met one evening, decided to put 50k in a Tesco carrier bag, and went to an apartment to buy the club off Petty.. what a story.

Never mind Dave Boyle, Richard Lilicrap, Michael Williams and Nigel Hamer who let 'tea boy' Dineen as he was known, to be part of the leadership group... who invented the Trust, and gathered 600 supporters.. who signed up and raised a significant amount for the Trust..and the MAGS and SEALS supporters in exile.. 1000+ fans..

Then that group of 1000+ fans who invited Martin Morgan and David Morgan to the party.. then Jenkins, Katzen, JVZ came along in a later date to set up a consortium approved by 1000s of supporters to oust Tony Petty.

This past week illustrates that the seller's owe 1000+ fans for their multi million pound windfall.. It was a democratic decision by the Trust to allow the chosen ones to oust Petty in the first place.. Leigh Dineen somehow popped up on the Swansea City shares, because Lilicrap had given the youngster an opportunity to lead the Trust.. which I bet he regrets.. considering Leigh used his position solely for his own agenda.

People slated T2C for years.. but he was an Enoch Powell amongst posters who vehemently put him down, and out of the forum all together.

Well done Lilicrap, the true saviour of Swansea City.. RIP.. A politician without self serving attributes.. possibly the only one.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2016 19:18]

I love you skippy x

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Real Swansea Story on 01:50 - Jul 24 with 3783 viewswhiterock

Richard deserves every bit of praise given here but while we're at it, let's not forget Mike Kent, another wonderful guy who passed too early, respect both

Maldwin was never a big Swans fan in the true sense of the word but used his so called affinity with the club to promote himself and his career, after all he couldn't dine out on Elton john forever, he did try mind you, never been to an away match, so I'm told eitger
Real Swansea Story on 06:29 - Jul 24 with 3730 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Real Swansea Story on 09:03 - Jul 23 by grfn

Wow.
Just wow.

Just wait out the initial bull crap. Overall, this is a good place with nice folks. And I say this as a fellow outsider. Welcome.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Real Swansea Story on 07:56 - Jul 24 with 3680 viewswaynekerr55

Real Swansea Story on 22:05 - Jul 23 by WarwickHunt

David Conn was instrumental in getting that published.

Top man.

I wonder what his take on recent events is...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024