Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did you know 02:17 - Jul 24 with 5322 viewswhiterock

That there were 1074 there today
Routledge is an option up top
Oli Mac wears schoolboys shin pads
That Joe is on the cards and Mitrovic will be our marquee signing
And Nelson Olivera will be our next Marvin
Did you know on 17:31 - Jul 24 with 1147 viewsjack247

Did you know on 17:29 - Jul 24 by Darran

He's been playing on his strengths under Guidolin? Oh ok.

A lot of people can't see it. You didn't think he did well second half of last season?
Did you know on 17:34 - Jul 24 with 1143 viewsDarran

Did you know on 17:31 - Jul 24 by jack247

A lot of people can't see it. You didn't think he did well second half of last season?

He did better than what he'd been doing but that's no great shakes.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Did you know on 17:37 - Jul 24 with 1131 viewsDr_Winston

Routs has been a superb acquisition over the years but there's summat wrong if he's starting games ahead of Barrow, Montero, Ayew or hopefully a new winger next season.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Did you know on 17:39 - Jul 24 with 1121 viewsjasper_T

Did you know on 17:14 - Jul 24 by jack247

Post clips of anyone else in our squad who has got themselves into one on one positions a dozen times.

He's good at that.

He's not good at putting away those chances.
Did you know on 17:47 - Jul 24 with 1097 viewsJango

Did you know on 17:22 - Jul 24 by Brynmill_Jack

B*llocks. don't talk sh*t mun

So let's keep him as a starter because he gets into one on ones that he can't score. Let's ignore the fact he scores less than 3 goals a season on average since he's been here and doesn't assist any either. As I've said he works hard for the team but where we're at we need our wingers to be doing a lot more than making good runs.
Did you know on 17:51 - Jul 24 with 1083 viewsjack247

Did you know on 17:39 - Jul 24 by jasper_T

He's good at that.

He's not good at putting away those chances.

I know. Compare it to Barrow and Montero, who may be exceptional finishers, but never get shooting chances.
Did you know on 17:53 - Jul 24 with 1076 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Did you know on 17:25 - Jul 24 by Darran

Routledge has been shit for the last couple of years he has a stormer against Bristol Rovers and suddenly he's f*cking Pele.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Did you know on 18:55 - Jul 24 with 990 viewsjasper_T

Did you know on 17:51 - Jul 24 by jack247

I know. Compare it to Barrow and Montero, who may be exceptional finishers, but never get shooting chances.

They're hardly exceptional finishers either. Decent at beating a man and they can run fast, but Routledge still has more to his game overall. They can only play with the ball.

If we're starting with Montero and Barrow next season we're in trouble.
Login to get fewer ads

Did you know on 18:57 - Jul 24 with 978 viewsDarran

Did you know on 17:47 - Jul 24 by Jango

So let's keep him as a starter because he gets into one on ones that he can't score. Let's ignore the fact he scores less than 3 goals a season on average since he's been here and doesn't assist any either. As I've said he works hard for the team but where we're at we need our wingers to be doing a lot more than making good runs.

Great post.

Did you know on 19:06 - Jul 24 with 949 viewsjack247

Let's bench him for the prolific Montero and Barrow then.
Did you know on 19:25 - Jul 24 with 927 viewsFlashberryjack

Did you know on 14:41 - Jul 24 by AngelRangelQS

I'd be happy with Mitrovic, Allen and Oliveria

Agree!! with the exception of Oliveria,. he's a championship player at best.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Did you know on 19:54 - Jul 24 with 885 viewsJango

Did you know on 19:06 - Jul 24 by jack247

Let's bench him for the prolific Montero and Barrow then.

Routledge played double the minutes of both montero and barrow last year yet they both had more assists than him. Montero put 111 balls into box routledge just 60, not good enough I'm afraid. They need to need to up their game big time this season but when on form they are far superior to Routledge in my opinion, montero especially and I think Guidolin will get the best out of him.
Did you know on 20:05 - Jul 24 with 871 viewsjack247

Did you know on 19:54 - Jul 24 by Jango

Routledge played double the minutes of both montero and barrow last year yet they both had more assists than him. Montero put 111 balls into box routledge just 60, not good enough I'm afraid. They need to need to up their game big time this season but when on form they are far superior to Routledge in my opinion, montero especially and I think Guidolin will get the best out of him.

He played twice as much as them because he is better than them. At least in Guidolins opinion.

It's much easier for someone like Gylfi or Ayew to play with someone who will make runs off them, play little one twos and drag defenders out of position.

Montero is always going to put balls in the box, he is an old fashioned winger who hugs the touchline and gets crosses in, we didn't score from many of them. On form, they can both rip defences apart, but on form, Ki is arguably our best midfielder.

I think you may be right, he may get the best out of both Montero and Barrow, signs were certainly there with Montero towards the end of the season. I'd expect Ayew and Routledge to play the most games though.
Did you know on 20:11 - Jul 24 with 852 viewsDarran

Did you know on 20:05 - Jul 24 by jack247

He played twice as much as them because he is better than them. At least in Guidolins opinion.

It's much easier for someone like Gylfi or Ayew to play with someone who will make runs off them, play little one twos and drag defenders out of position.

Montero is always going to put balls in the box, he is an old fashioned winger who hugs the touchline and gets crosses in, we didn't score from many of them. On form, they can both rip defences apart, but on form, Ki is arguably our best midfielder.

I think you may be right, he may get the best out of both Montero and Barrow, signs were certainly there with Montero towards the end of the season. I'd expect Ayew and Routledge to play the most games though.

I love how you twist things Tim,why did you mention Guidolin?

Did you know on 20:11 - Jul 24 with 851 viewsJango

Did you know on 20:05 - Jul 24 by jack247

Well if we go into yet another season with Routledge as first 11 player then we really are playing with fire. Either get the best out of montero or bring somebody in who can contribute in a regular basis not every 15 games
Did you know on 20:14 - Jul 24 with 692 viewsjack247

Did you know on 20:11 - Jul 24 by Jango

Well if we go into yet another season with Routledge as first 11 player then we really are playing with fire. Either get the best out of montero or bring somebody in who can contribute in a regular basis not every 15 games

Not scoring doesn't mean he isn't contributing. Same goes for Montero and Barrow in fairness.

I would think that if we play a front 3, or a 3 man attacking midfield behind a striker, whichever one of them plays the most will get more goals than they have previously.
Did you know on 20:23 - Jul 24 with 663 viewsJango

Did you know on 20:14 - Jul 24 by jack247

Not scoring doesn't mean he isn't contributing. Same goes for Montero and Barrow in fairness.

I would think that if we play a front 3, or a 3 man attacking midfield behind a striker, whichever one of them plays the most will get more goals than they have previously.

Ye but regardless of how many spaces he opens up 2 goals and 1 assist in a full season is not good enough for an attacking player. That goes for the other 2 as well. We desperately need better than that.
Did you know on 20:28 - Jul 24 with 653 viewsBillyChong

His stats would be better if someone told him he doesn't have to use the outside of his right foot at every shooting opportunity
Did you know on 20:33 - Jul 24 with 639 viewsjack247

Did you know on 20:23 - Jul 24 by Jango

Ye but regardless of how many spaces he opens up 2 goals and 1 assist in a full season is not good enough for an attacking player. That goes for the other 2 as well. We desperately need better than that.

If the other option is bring in better players who score more goals, as well as making life easier for our main goals threats, then I'm all for it. I thought we were just basing it on the players we have.
Did you know on 20:35 - Jul 24 with 635 viewsjack247

Did you know on 20:28 - Jul 24 by BillyChong

His stats would be better if someone told him he doesn't have to use the outside of his right foot at every shooting opportunity

Yep. I don't think anyone disputes that finishing is one of his biggest weaknesses. Certainly needs to get that right. Try blasting a shot every now and then instead of trying to pass it into the back of the net.
Did you know on 20:52 - Jul 24 with 599 viewsBrynmill_Jack

It was a gentle whimsy about playing 3 up front. He won't be a starter this seaso because there are younger, quicker players who'll go in front of him. Same for Leon, Rangel and hopefully Taylor

Did you know on 20:56 - Jul 24 with 594 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Did you know on 20:23 - Jul 24 by Jango

If he opens up spaces don't you think he'll enable other players to provide assists and score goals??

Did you know on 21:09 - Jul 24 with 567 viewsmacthejack

A lot of people making judgments about players under the Monk regime. Let's not forget that Monk just did not do attacking football, always going to be hard for attacking player to flourish under that.
Did you know on 21:45 - Jul 24 with 513 viewsJango

Did you know on 21:09 - Jul 24 by macthejack

A lot of people making judgments about players under the Monk regime. Let's not forget that Monk just did not do attacking football, always going to be hard for attacking player to flourish under that.

I completely agree with you with regards to a number of players. With Routledge tho he's very limited in what he can do anyway, we need better to progress.
Did you know on 21:48 - Jul 24 with 511 viewsJango

Did you know on 20:56 - Jul 24 by Brynmill_Jack

If he opens up spaces don't you think he'll enable other players to provide assists and score goals??

Absolutely, but surely at this level a winger should be about more than just opening up space for others to score. He's great at making those runs but he needs to be able to do it with the ball at his feet as well surely, which he struggles big time with.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024