Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What part of the UK would you move to? 13:48 - Jul 24 with 4220 viewsdickythorpe

All hypothetical here as we all would answer Swansea of course!

Over the years I've toyed with Gower, North Wales, Dublin and Cornwall. But for some reason I fancy the Newark area in Notts. I really like the small villages like Farndon, Canton and North Muskham plus Nottingham, Lincoln and Southwell are nearby.
I have spent a lot of time up there and am seriously contemplating a move with my partner in next few years.

What part of the UK would you move to? on 19:41 - Jul 24 with 1471 viewssherpajacob

What part of the UK would you move to? on 17:41 - Jul 24 by swanskid95

I actually live in a little town called Gainsborough not to far from Lincoln, the villages surrounding Gainsborough are beautiful and quiet

I played rugby against and for Gainsborough many times.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

What part of the UK would you move to? on 20:05 - Jul 24 with 1450 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Gower

You can't beat it !

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

What part of the UK would you move to? on 20:11 - Jul 24 with 1437 viewsJackfath

The Wirral.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

What part of the UK would you move to? on 21:17 - Jul 24 with 1382 viewswaynekerr55

What part of the UK would you move to? on 19:23 - Jul 24 by max936

I don't know Wayne, but I'd guess Watford is similar to Swansea in the grand scheme of things, I was only pulling your leg mind.

Funnily enough I've just been in now to grab some bits for the treck home 😀

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

What part of the UK would you move to? on 21:30 - Jul 24 with 1374 viewsdailew

Manchester, Glasgow, London, Brighton, Cardiff.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

What part of the UK would you move to? on 21:42 - Jul 24 with 1364 viewsBrynmill_Jack

What part of the UK would you move to? on 14:51 - Jul 24 by Brynmill_Jack

Cardiff , because of the nice shops

Ok I lied. KYPROS !

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

What part of the UK would you move to? on 22:18 - Jul 24 with 1310 viewsLord_Bony

What part of the UK would you move to? on 18:48 - Jul 24 by Gowerjack

St Ives in Cornwall

Liverpool

Yay. We could be neighbours.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

What part of the UK would you move to? on 22:20 - Jul 24 with 1308 viewsmonmouth

What part of the UK would you move to? on 21:17 - Jul 24 by waynekerr55

Funnily enough I've just been in now to grab some bits for the treck home 😀

Even Caldicot has a Waitrose.

#common

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

What part of the UK would you move to? on 22:23 - Jul 24 with 1300 viewsDarran

I was in Waitrose in Cowbridge last week,some weird f*cking people in there.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

What part of the UK would you move to? on 22:59 - Jul 24 with 1263 viewsBrynmill_Jack

What part of the UK would you move to? on 22:23 - Jul 24 by Darran

Well, that much is obvious.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

What part of the UK would you move to? on 23:25 - Jul 24 with 1244 viewsGowerjack

What part of the UK would you move to? on 22:18 - Jul 24 by Lord_Bony

Yay. We could be neighbours.

We could rock the Sloop every Saturday night and be amazed at the miserable service and overiding smell of piss at the Sloop w

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

What part of the UK would you move to? on 23:45 - Jul 24 with 1225 viewsLord_Bony

What part of the UK would you move to? on 23:25 - Jul 24 by Gowerjack

We could rock the Sloop every Saturday night and be amazed at the miserable service and overiding smell of piss at the Sloop w

Sound know it well my kind of place guitar and bass duo...why not.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

What part of the UK would you move to? on 00:05 - Jul 25 with 1206 viewsKerouac

Lulworth Cove, or as near as damn it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

What part of the UK would you move to? on 07:06 - Jul 25 with 1166 viewscsf

What part of the UK would you move to? on 15:41 - Jul 24 by Buckinghamshirejack

Spent the first 20 years of my life in Swansea, the next 20 in London and the last 5 years in Buckinghamshire by The Thames with the wife and kids. Would love to come home eventually, love the idea of The mumbles but I've always fancied spending some time in Italy.

Spent the first 27 years in Wycombe, Bucks, then the last ten up here in Swansea.

It's funy, when I was that end and ear London I didn't like lt, but now I head to London twice a year and really enjoy. Wouldn't want to live there, even Wycombe, again.

Think I've done my move! Not sure i would want to move away from the sea.
What part of the UK would you move to? on 07:31 - Jul 25 with 1151 viewsbuilthjack

What part of the UK would you move to? on 22:23 - Jul 24 by Darran

Posh birds down there

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

What part of the UK would you move to? on 09:35 - Jul 25 with 1098 viewsLord_Bony

What part of the UK would you move to? on 20:05 - Jul 24 by oh_tommy_tommy

Gower

You can't beat it !

The Gower ffs....

What part of the UK would you move to? on 09:40 - Jul 25 with 1088 viewsJackfath

What part of the UK would you move to? on 09:35 - Jul 25 by Lord_Bony

The Gower ffs....

I've received a PM reprimanding me over this!

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

What part of the UK would you move to? on 09:41 - Jul 25 with 1086 viewsLord_Bony

What part of the UK would you move to? on 09:40 - Jul 25 by Jackfath

I've received a PM reprimanding me over this!

Was it from The GowerJack again?

What part of the UK would you move to? on 10:57 - Jul 25 with 1041 viewssquarebear

I've always envisaged living in a little village somewhere in a commuter belt with a charming village pub. But 53 years into this experiment called "life" I'm as disorganised as ever.

I'd like to live close to my son (Cheshire) but I've now got the added complication of failing parents here and step-kids in London so we'll probably bottle making decisions and stick with Swansea.
What part of the UK would you move to? on 11:15 - Jul 25 with 1026 viewsLohengrin

A no-brainer for me... Capel Y Ffin. It would probably take a lottery win to be able to afford a property in or around the hamlet, mind, but it's a magical place. I first passed through there when I was a kid and felt an instant connectedness; a feeling that any distinction between past and present is superficial and largely unreal. It's remote, you seldom see traffic and as close to Heaven as I'm likely to get!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

What part of the UK would you move to? on 11:27 - Jul 25 with 1010 viewsFlashberryjack

Bradford or Rotherham

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

What part of the UK would you move to? on 11:50 - Jul 25 with 995 viewsbuilthjack

What part of the UK would you move to? on 11:15 - Jul 25 by Lohengrin

A no-brainer for me... Capel Y Ffin. It would probably take a lottery win to be able to afford a property in or around the hamlet, mind, but it's a magical place. I first passed through there when I was a kid and felt an instant connectedness; a feeling that any distinction between past and present is superficial and largely unreal. It's remote, you seldom see traffic and as close to Heaven as I'm likely to get!

A tiny chapel, a monetary, ruins, waterfall, views to die for. It's not bad there.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

What part of the UK would you move to? on 12:26 - Jul 25 with 962 viewsfbreath

What part of the UK would you move to? on 14:19 - Jul 24 by Cooperman

Great question Dicky.

My late grandparents lived in Highworth, Wilstshire. It's large village / small town about 8 miles off of junction 15 of the M4. IMO it has the perfect high street in that it contains several nice pubs, a butcher / deli, post office with cash point, takeaway, bakery, newsagent, and chemist. A short walk from there is a Co-op that caters for every need. Added to the attraction is the general quaintness of the place. It's grown a little over the past 30 years or so as organisations such as Honda and Motorola plough billions into the Swindon economy, however it's not overly large. It's also possible to reach the heart of The Cotswolds within 30 mins, Heathrow within an hour, and central London within 90 minutes. The only downside from a features point of view is its distance from the coast but in the grand scheme of things I think I could live without that. So, I'll go with Highworth.

I can vouch for Highworth. I lived there for about 5 years before my now ex wife decided she wanted to move back to Swansea.

As mentioned ideally located to everywhere apart from the sea. Plenty of lakes around though. Lechlade being 10 minutes up the road.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

What part of the UK would you move to? on 16:47 - Jul 25 with 904 viewsCooperman

What part of the UK would you move to? on 12:26 - Jul 25 by fbreath

I can vouch for Highworth. I lived there for about 5 years before my now ex wife decided she wanted to move back to Swansea.

As mentioned ideally located to everywhere apart from the sea. Plenty of lakes around though. Lechlade being 10 minutes up the road.

Whereabouts did you live?

I was going to mention Lechlade, a lovely place as well.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

What part of the UK would you move to? on 17:22 - Jul 25 with 880 viewsfbreath

What part of the UK would you move to? on 16:47 - Jul 25 by Cooperman

Whereabouts did you live?

I was going to mention Lechlade, a lovely place as well.

Lived in Knowlands

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024