Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rob Davies 15:17 - Jul 24 with 4577 viewsmonmouth

Done an interesting piece in Times I read out at lunch. Can't link it as it's paywall, but he continues to justify the sale as not being for the money. As he's loaded already then it carries a bit more clout I guess.

Anyway his condensed view (from unreliable memory) is that when they took over it was like running a corner shop and now suddenly we're in charge of Saisburys...basically saying they were out of their depth and gone as far as their competence allowed. He also seems to imply that the whole model (including the trust) is not fit for purpose in the "Sainsbury" world, although I don't think it said that explicitly.

The other interesting bit is that he reckons that the yanks want to build community links with the University, Medical school and the Ospreys to create a synergy that will ebnhance the social fabric of the area, or some such words. Despite my enormous, huge, massive scepticism of the sellers motives and the buyers intentions, this did put a different lens on the topic.

Anyone got a subscription that can paste it?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Rob Davies on 15:19 - Jul 24 with 3357 viewsPozuelosSideys

That was the Randy Lerner Villa model wasnt it?

It started off nicely and everyone was happy, but then some sucky recruitment, mainly due to poor management appointments with a knock-on to transfers and look where they are.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Rob Davies on 15:20 - Jul 24 with 3348 viewsDarran

Did he mention the naming rights?

I was told a few days ago that he had quite a bit to say about the amateurish way things were being run.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Rob Davies on 15:29 - Jul 24 with 3273 viewsmonmouth

Rob Davies on 15:20 - Jul 24 by Darran

Did he mention the naming rights?

I was told a few days ago that he had quite a bit to say about the amateurish way things were being run.

Only skimmed it quickly whilst waiting for the table, plus I was having a pint waved at me. Don't recall anything about that.

Rob Davies on 15:33 - Jul 24 with 3249 viewsDr_Winston

"He also seems to imply that the whole model (including the trust) is not fit for purpose in the "Sainsbury" world"

Odd how the German clubs seem to manage OK.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Rob Davies on 15:40 - Jul 24 with 3207 viewsmonmouth

Rob Davies on 15:33 - Jul 24 by Dr_Winston

"He also seems to imply that the whole model (including the trust) is not fit for purpose in the "Sainsbury" world"

And Theresa the Unifier wants to introduce employees and wider representation onto corporate boards (allegedly; breath not held). Might just be my misinterpretation of his view on the Trust though to be fair, as it really was a quick scan.

Rob Davies on 16:01 - Jul 24 with 3106 viewslondonlisa2001

That particular spin on events may carry a touch more weight if we didn't have exactly the same people in charge post sale...
Rob Davies on 16:23 - Jul 24 with 3004 viewsMagicDaps

Rob Davies on 16:01 - Jul 24 by londonlisa2001

That particular spin on events may carry a touch more weight if we didn't have exactly the same people in charge post sale...

On the playing side of things we do, but I'd very surprised if we didn't make major structural changes to the commercial department and in the management of dealing with things like the stadium expansion.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Rob Davies on 16:38 - Jul 24 with 2949 viewslondonlisa2001

Rob Davies on 16:23 - Jul 24 by MagicDaps

On the playing side of things we do, but I'd very surprised if we didn't make major structural changes to the commercial department and in the management of dealing with things like the stadium expansion.

With the amounts being paid I'm sure we could have recruited people who could have made a difference.

It's not as if people were working for the love of it anymore.
Login to get fewer ads

Rob Davies on 16:42 - Jul 24 with 2918 viewsclement

i think they all use the 'LIDL' and 'ALDI' models

Poll: who will be our manager next season?

Rob Davies on 17:07 - Jul 24 with 2817 viewsBanosswan

I have but I can't find it?

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Rob Davies on 17:13 - Jul 24 with 2774 viewsdickythorpe

Rob Davies on 15:29 - Jul 24 by monmouth

Only skimmed it quickly whilst waiting for the table, plus I was having a pint waved at me. Don't recall anything about that.

Life doesn't get much better than when you get to that point where pints are waved at you.

Well done sir , for you have truly made it.
Rob Davies on 17:17 - Jul 24 with 2756 viewsmonmouth

Rob Davies on 17:07 - Jul 24 by Banosswan

I have but I can't find it?

It was in the sports section after the cricket pages I think. At least I think it was the ST. Definitely a broadsheet.

Rob Davies on 17:23 - Jul 24 with 2722 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Rob Davies on 15:19 - Jul 24 by PozuelosSideys

That was the Randy Lerner Villa model wasnt it?

It started off nicely and everyone was happy, but then some sucky recruitment, mainly due to poor management appointments with a knock-on to transfers and look where they are.

I heard the Ospreys wouldn't play ball though

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Rob Davies on 17:44 - Jul 24 with 2659 viewslondonlisa2001

Rob Davies on 17:23 - Jul 24 by Brynmill_Jack

I heard the Ospreys wouldn't play ball though

Not even Rob Davies you mean ...
Rob Davies on 17:54 - Jul 24 with 2606 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Rob Davies on 17:44 - Jul 24 by londonlisa2001

Not even Rob Davies you mean ...

Whoosh

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Rob Davies on 18:03 - Jul 24 with 2559 viewsplasjack

Rob Davies on 17:17 - Jul 24 by monmouth

It was in the sports section after the cricket pages I think. At least I think it was the ST. Definitely a broadsheet.

Was it on the Sunday Star, what a read that is.
Rob Davies on 19:01 - Jul 24 with 2399 viewswaynekerr55

Rob Davies on 16:38 - Jul 24 by londonlisa2001

With the amounts being paid I'm sure we could have recruited people who could have made a difference.

It's not as if people were working for the love of it anymore.

Come on now Lisa, don't you know that one member of staff 'studied marketing' at college...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Rob Davies on 19:10 - Jul 24 with 2355 viewspikeypaul

Rob Davies on 19:01 - Jul 24 by waynekerr55

Come on now Lisa, don't you know that one member of staff 'studied marketing' at college...

That's correct, 7pm - 8pm on a Tuesday night at Tycoch tech for 12 weeks was'nt it.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2016 19:23]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Rob Davies on 19:18 - Jul 24 with 2340 viewslondonlisa2001

Rob Davies on 19:01 - Jul 24 by waynekerr55

To be fair Wayne, that person may indeed be very good at their job. I don't imagine they feel great seeing people constantly have a pop at them without knowing the details.

I'm referring to comments by ex shareholders that may suggest that the team is out of their depth or needs beefing up. If it does, and I have no way of knowing other than the Americans have referred to it several times already, it's certainly not the fault of some kid who may be doing their best and may be really competent.
Rob Davies on 19:32 - Jul 24 with 2274 viewslonglostjack

Rob Davies on 17:17 - Jul 24 by monmouth

Yes. The headline was "Midas touch takes Swansea into a different league." It was under an article quoting Gary Neville with the headline "I had complete belief in what we were doing with England at the Euros"

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Rob Davies on 19:48 - Jul 24 with 2206 viewswaynekerr55

Rob Davies on 19:18 - Jul 24 by londonlisa2001

To be fair Wayne, that person may indeed be very good at their job. I don't imagine they feel great seeing people constantly have a pop at them without knowing the details.

I'm referring to comments by ex shareholders that may suggest that the team is out of their depth or needs beefing up. If it does, and I have no way of knowing other than the Americans have referred to it several times already, it's certainly not the fault of some kid who may be doing their best and may be really competent.

Good point.

However that doesn't exactly show a global brand attitude to marketing the product.

Rob Davies on 19:49 - Jul 24 with 2198 viewswaynekerr55

The John Lewis partnership seem to do OK though...

Who's arse is he licking then?

Rob Davies on 19:55 - Jul 24 with 2175 viewslondonlisa2001

Rob Davies on 19:49 - Jul 24 by waynekerr55

The John Lewis partnership seem to do OK though...

Who's arse is he licking then?

Funnily enough, Waitrose was exactly what came to my mind as well :-)
Rob Davies on 20:15 - Jul 24 with 2102 viewswhiterock

Rob put his hundred grand in to keep an eye on the Swans, a small price to pay at the time with the stadium being built, sounds a bit disingenuous when those he's critising gives you a £10m + return
Rob Davies on 20:37 - Jul 24 with 2044 viewsDarran

Rob Davies on 20:15 - Jul 24 by whiterock

Rob put his hundred grand in to keep an eye on the Swans, a small price to pay at the time with the stadium being built, sounds a bit disingenuous when those he's critising gives you a £10m + return

Fair point.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024