Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Froome or Andy Murray 18:49 - Jul 24 with 1180 viewsexiledclaseboy

Which of them is Britain's greatest active sportsperson? Or are there any other suggestions?

Poll: Tory leader

Chris Froome or Andy Murray on 18:52 - Jul 24 with 1172 viewsDr_Winston

Bradley Wiggins is a possibility.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Chris Froome or Andy Murray on 18:53 - Jul 24 with 1169 viewsexiledclaseboy

Chris Froome or Andy Murray on 18:52 - Jul 24 by Dr_Winston

Bradley Wiggins is a possibility.

Granted. Soon to be no longer active I think.

Poll: Tory leader

Chris Froome or Andy Murray on 18:56 - Jul 24 with 1158 viewsDarran

I think I'll go with Murray simply because he's more active (I think) throughout the year.
That's not to say you don't have to be a beast to win the TDF.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Chris Froome or Andy Murray on 19:13 - Jul 24 with 1131 viewsJack_Meoff

I'd suggest Murray too, only because I was reading in the week how much of a collective team effort cycling is, even though Froome will grab all the glory and headlines. Same as Wiggins a few years back. That's not to belittle their achievements in any way mind!

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Chris Froome or Andy Murray on 19:15 - Jul 24 with 1126 viewsPacemaker

Froome for me, he has destroyed all the other world class riders, mentally he seems to enjoy suffering more than his peers, on the flip side he has also done it with the support of the best and most professional team in world cycling. Most of the Sky domestiques could be lead riders in the other teams.

Murray has Lendl looking grumpy in the stands as support and no team support but equally when up against the very best he sometimes falters.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Chris Froome or Andy Murray on 19:16 - Jul 24 with 1125 viewsmax936

Andy Murray for me.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Chris Froome or Andy Murray on 19:45 - Jul 24 with 1096 viewssherpajacob

Chris Froome or Andy Murray on 19:13 - Jul 24 by Jack_Meoff

I'd suggest Murray too, only because I was reading in the week how much of a collective team effort cycling is, even though Froome will grab all the glory and headlines. Same as Wiggins a few years back. That's not to belittle their achievements in any way mind!

Cycling is absolutely a team sport.

Spoty team of the year.
Team sky, England rugby or Wales football?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Chris Froome or Andy Murray on 19:52 - Jul 24 with 1084 viewspikeypaul

Rory Mcllroy.

He has far more competition than either of the other two.

Froome is just lead player in a team sport ,didn't his mate give him his bike 1/2 way through a stage this week and sacrifice his race,in any other sport Froome would have been out of it.

How many different men have won Tennis majors in the last 5 years,not many.

Just checked it's 6.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2016 20:00]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Login to get fewer ads

Chris Froome or Andy Murray on 19:57 - Jul 24 with 1068 viewsBLAZE

Chris Froome or Andy Murray on 19:45 - Jul 24 by sherpajacob

Spoty team of the year.

That'll go to Leicester surely?
Chris Froome or Andy Murray on 20:12 - Jul 24 with 1037 viewsBanosswan

Hamilton, Cook/Root, Eddie Hall, Farah, Garry Anderson, Alistair Brownlee, Adam Peaty?

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Chris Froome or Andy Murray on 20:22 - Jul 24 with 1019 viewsBanosswan

Chris Froome or Andy Murray on 20:12 - Jul 24 by Banosswan

Hamilton, Cook/Root, Eddie Hall, Farah, Garry Anderson, Alistair Brownlee, Adam Peaty?

How could I forget Cav.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Chris Froome or Andy Murray on 20:47 - Jul 24 with 974 viewsmax936

Chris Froome or Andy Murray on 20:12 - Jul 24 by Banosswan

Just watched a re-run of the 2015 Worlds Strongest Man on Channel 5, Eddie Hall was awesome he clearly deserved 3rd spot, but sadly jus missed out.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Chris Froome or Andy Murray on 21:14 - Jul 24 with 941 viewsdickythorpe

Chris Froome or Andy Murray on 20:47 - Jul 24 by max936

Just watched a re-run of the 2015 Worlds Strongest Man on Channel 5, Eddie Hall was awesome he clearly deserved 3rd spot, but sadly jus missed out.

Thanks for that Max.
Chris Froome or Andy Murray on 21:19 - Jul 24 with 938 viewsJack_Meoff

Chris Froome or Andy Murray on 19:45 - Jul 24 by sherpajacob

Spoty team of the year.

I'd bend the rules as a one off and give it to Iceland

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Chris Froome or Andy Murray on 22:46 - Jul 24 with 881 viewssherpajacob

Chris Froome or Andy Murray on 19:57 - Jul 24 by BLAZE

That'll go to Leicester surely?

If its up to the walkers crisp sales rep, it will be.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Chris Froome or Andy Murray on 23:13 - Jul 24 with 855 viewsKilkennyjack

One Gareth Bale. The real Prince of Wales.

Beware of the Risen People

Chris Froome or Andy Murray on 23:57 - Jul 24 with 830 viewsJack_Kass

Cycling is a team sport when it comes to using tactics and strategy to get your leader a Tour win, but the team doesn't ride the bike for the winner and that still requires one guy to ride over 2000 miles in 3 weeks, constantly at around 50mph, even on your worst day you need to somehow get through a 5 hour ride, up and down treacherous terrain.

Andy Murray has achieved great things, and not to taint any of his GS wins, but sometimes in tennis you can get fortunate and not even have to play the best opponents, or even be at your best to win the tournament.

In cycling, on the grand tour level anyway, you can honestly say that you have competed against the best 200 riders in the world, over 21 different stages in 3 weeks, and came out the very best.

So I hereby nominate, (Sir) Chris Froome to receive this award.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Chris Froome or Andy Murray on 07:39 - Jul 25 with 780 viewsJFSwan

It slightly ever so easier when you have 9 team mates to carry your food, drink and block the wind. Never the less he is a phenomenal athlete within a dominant team, ala Leo Messi but also never hides during time trials.

Would like team sky to have a real go at the Giro next year, the question is whether Thomas,Rowe ect would sacrifice the spring classics to support a lead man such as Poels or Landa
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024