Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I get to vote in Labour's leadership election! 09:37 - Jul 25 with 1655 viewsLohengrin

I've received an e-mail informing me that I'm eligible to vote in Labour's up-coming leadership election from that nice union Assistant General Secretary, JP McHugh.

Now that I've finished laughing it just goes to underline what an absolute shambles Labour is in. Still, as I've always maintained, that nice Mr Corbyn is doing a sterling job. He's exceeding my fondest expectations.

#Team Corbyn!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

I get to vote in Labour's leadership election! on 12:12 - Jul 25 with 627 viewsBanosswan

I get to vote in Labour's leadership election! on 11:34 - Jul 25 by acejack3065

Not sure if your patronising me Loh. But Corbyn is going to win anyway so your £25 quid is a welcome donation anyway.

I think we were going to use the funds for a massive Stalin mural for the entrance of the civic centre.

Loh hasn't paid anything.

And the I'm not changing parties regardless argument is how you end up with Trump vs Hillary in the us.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

I get to vote in Labour's leadership election! on 12:17 - Jul 25 with 624 viewsbuilthjack

I get to vote in Labour's leadership election! on 10:39 - Jul 25 by Lord_Bony

Gonna be at least five years or so before Labour sort them selvesout and
appeal to the oublic again. Of course thats assuming they find a leader worthy of be coming prime minister of the uk. A shocking lack of candidates for that job I see.

too much squabbling too many divisions and back biting they are a party in disarray.

they need to rip it up and start again.

Corbyn has a master plan. Keep Labour out for another 5 years, in which time the Tories will ruin the country again. Then Labour step back in. The man is a genius.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

I get to vote in Labour's leadership election! on 12:42 - Jul 25 with 603 viewsskippyjack

Politics is f*cked..

Let's look at the options..

The Conservatives - actually looking like the only suitable candidate to elect.. take away all the hatred.. views and everything.. they're the only party that's a unit.. to take this country forward..

The Labour party - when you have 172 constituency MPs against your appointed leader.. it's in no fit state to take this country forward.. the Labour party is full of unbelievable hypocrites.

The Lib Dems - I'm not sure what their view of the current referendum result.. or anything of real note.. going with the motions.. and not taking any sort of advantage of a Labour party.. they're not giving a big account of themselves.. and after the mass exodus they suffered.. lying to their voters shouldn't be on their next mandate..

UKIP - mainly the party that has been criticised and lambasted by right/left media to the extent of pure fear.. Farage the architect has jumped ship.. let's hear what they're offering.. they already secured a democratic referendum for the people..

SNP - I think Scotland will vote them in for the foreseeable future.

Plaid - they might not have the Welsh backing like the SNP.. but Wales is a home to a lot of English people.. that will ensure a Labour, Tory, Lib Dam, and UKIP following.. Wales also have a lot of foreign industrial workers who will follow Labour if they moved to mars.. they will never follow Leanne Wood, because the English will never bow down to her barking orders.. I heard one English fellow state.. she's intellectually redundant.. and a common fantasist..

It's interesting viewing.. but the Tories are going to be in charge for at least 10 years

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

I get to vote in Labour's leadership election! on 12:49 - Jul 25 with 592 viewsacejack3065

I get to vote in Labour's leadership election! on 12:12 - Jul 25 by Banosswan

Loh hasn't paid anything.

And the I'm not changing parties regardless argument is how you end up with Trump vs Hillary in the us.

Everyone who has a vote has paid something, be it your membership or affiliate fee, or the registered supporters fee.

How so? Genuine question.
I get to vote in Labour's leadership election! on 12:52 - Jul 25 with 584 viewsBanosswan

I get to vote in Labour's leadership election! on 12:49 - Jul 25 by acejack3065

Everyone who has a vote has paid something, be it your membership or affiliate fee, or the registered supporters fee.

He's had the vote for being in a trade union. He explained it on the last page.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

I get to vote in Labour's leadership election! on 12:58 - Jul 25 with 579 viewsacejack3065

I get to vote in Labour's leadership election! on 12:52 - Jul 25 by Banosswan

He's had the vote for being in a trade union. He explained it on the last page.

Well he's paying an affiliates fee through his union.
I get to vote in Labour's leadership election! on 12:58 - Jul 25 with 579 viewsLohengrin

I get to vote in Labour's leadership election! on 12:49 - Jul 25 by acejack3065

The only thing I pay are monthly union subs yet I'm offered a vote. I honestly don't know if that's an anomaly or the organisation behind this election is that porous?

I wasn't being patronising earlier, by the way. If you and people like you don't stand up to the entryism than you'll have your constitueny organistation taken from you, if it hasn't been already.

I get to vote in Labour's leadership election! on 13:06 - Jul 25 with 565 viewsacejack3065

I get to vote in Labour's leadership election! on 12:58 - Jul 25 by Lohengrin

The only thing I pay are monthly union subs yet I'm offered a vote. I honestly don't know if that's an anomaly or the organisation behind this election is that porous?

I wasn't being patronising earlier, by the way. If you and people like you don't stand up to the entryism than you'll have your constitueny organistation taken from you, if it hasn't been already.

Luckily my patch hasn't been swamped but I know of plenty others that have. Hopefully it's not just a matter of time.

I'm guessing your union is affiliated to the Labour Party and such it's members will get to vote in the leadership election.

I would beg for you to vote for Owen but I wont give you the satisfaction.
Login to get fewer ads

I get to vote in Labour's leadership election! on 13:14 - Jul 25 with 557 viewsLohengrin

I get to vote in Labour's leadership election! on 13:06 - Jul 25 by acejack3065

Luckily my patch hasn't been swamped but I know of plenty others that have. Hopefully it's not just a matter of time.

I'm guessing your union is affiliated to the Labour Party and such it's members will get to vote in the leadership election.

I would beg for you to vote for Owen but I wont give you the satisfaction.

I get to vote in Labour's leadership election! on 13:19 - Jul 25 with 554 viewsPrivate_Partz

I get to vote in Labour's leadership election! on 10:49 - Jul 25 by WarwickHunt

Corbyn's Trots deselect sitting MPs and elect quality politicians to replace them?

Fück. My. Eyes.

I did not say 'Trots' though. That is your assumption of what is happening. Could be true. Don't know yet. Perhaps I will do PS report from the hustings to let you know how things are progressing. Perhaps other members can do the same without naming names of course. Our small corner of the U.K. should be a decent snapshot.......

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

I get to vote in Labour's leadership election! on 14:12 - Jul 25 with 521 viewsnice_to_michu

Corbyn will get reelected, which is a damn shame because I think Owen Smith would be good as well.

As one or two on here have pointed out, the party was swamped in the previous leadership election with droves of people from the far-left, and the problem only seems to have got worse.

It's pretty dire stuff unfortunately.
I get to vote in Labour's leadership election! on 16:12 - Jul 25 with 485 viewsCountyJim

I get to vote in Labour's leadership election! on 13:14 - Jul 25 by Lohengrin

As a union member you have been supporting the Labour party for years

If you dont want to contribute you have to opt out
I get to vote in Labour's leadership election! on 16:15 - Jul 25 with 481 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I get to vote in Labour's leadership election! on 16:12 - Jul 25 by CountyJim

He might think it has been worthwhile for all those years because he now has the opportunity to help drive the final nail.....

Not that I would consider speaking for Loh for a nanosecond.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

I get to vote in Labour's leadership election! on 16:43 - Jul 25 with 460 viewsLohengrin

I get to vote in Labour's leadership election! on 16:12 - Jul 25 by CountyJim

I don't pay the levy, Jim. Never have.

I get to vote in Labour's leadership election! on 12:49 - Jul 26 with 388 viewsCountyJim

I get to vote in Labour's leadership election! on 16:43 - Jul 25 by Lohengrin

I don't pay the levy, Jim. Never have.

Well how the hell have you got a vote
I get to vote in Labour's leadership election! on 14:03 - Jul 26 with 364 viewsLohengrin

I get to vote in Labour's leadership election! on 12:49 - Jul 26 by CountyJim

Well how the hell have you got a vote

You tell me? It's the proverbial p!ss-up in a brewery.

I won't be using it though, Jim. My hypocrisy only extends so far.

I get to vote in Labour's leadership election! on 17:49 - Jul 26 with 340 viewsBarrySwan

I get to vote in Labour's leadership election! on 10:55 - Jul 25 by Lohengrin

I'm a member of a Trades Union but I have never been a Labour supporter, never mind a card-carrying member, which is the point of the OP. What a shambles!

As a trade union member you automatically get a vote in Labour leadership elections

Unless you have opted out of the political levy on your union subs which if you haven't of course would mean that you would be contributing to the labour party every month anyway.

Or unless your union isn't affiliated to the Labour party.

If you have opted out of the political levy or your union isn't affiliated, then you are quite correct, the Labour party is the hopeless shambles that we all know it to be
I get to vote in Labour's leadership election! on 19:05 - Jul 26 with 323 viewsItchySphincter

I get to vote in Labour's leadership election! on 10:55 - Jul 25 by Lohengrin

I'm a member of a Trades Union but I have never been a Labour supporter, never mind a card-carrying member, which is the point of the OP. What a shambles!

I got the same the other day as a member of BECTU, not the Labour Party. I'm not going to bother.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024