Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scottish Independence 17:47 - Jul 25 with 2965 viewsjohnlangy

I reckon they SHOULD hold another referendum. And this time the slogan should be 'Vote Yes and take back Control'.
Scottish Independence on 17:57 - Jul 25 with 2307 viewspikeypaul

The result would be non binding just like the EU vote so if the result goes against the establishments wishes they would just not act on the result and the people's democratic vote,thank god.

That's the way it works or did you not realise that.

Myself I think they have had their turn the next vote should be for Northern Ireland,England,and Wales to vote if we want them,I would vote them out of the U.K. but it would not be acted on so pointless wasting the time and money on the referendum.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2016 18:04]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Scottish Independence on 18:32 - Jul 25 with 2262 viewsmonmouth

Scottish Independence on 17:57 - Jul 25 by pikeypaul

The result would be non binding just like the EU vote so if the result goes against the establishments wishes they would just not act on the result and the people's democratic vote,thank god.

Myself I think they have had their turn the next vote should be for Northern Ireland,England,and Wales to vote if we want them,I would vote them out of the U.K. but it would not be acted on so pointless wasting the time and money on the referendum.

The Scottish referendum was binding.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Scottish Independence on 18:41 - Jul 25 with 2243 viewsAnotherJohn

Scottish Independence on 18:32 - Jul 25 by monmouth

Better tell Nicola!
Scottish Independence on 18:49 - Jul 25 with 2232 viewsDafyddHuw

Scottish Independence on 17:57 - Jul 25 by pikeypaul

If Scotland voted to leave the UK and the Tories say no, the Scots would go nuts.

Civil disobedience, refusal to pay taxes, demonstrators arrested and when their cases go to court, refusing to pay fines so that jails are overflowing.

It'll be binding all right.
Scottish Independence on 18:56 - Jul 25 with 2209 viewspikeypaul

Scottish Independence on 18:32 - Jul 25 by monmouth

The Scottish result was for no change.So nothing to be acted upon and no need to void the result.If it was for exit like the EU result the "non binding" would have come in like it has the EU vote.

You can't void "no change" which the jocks voted for,which is a possibility of a non binding vote
[Post edited 25 Jul 2016 19:02]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

Scottish Independence on 19:05 - Jul 25 with 2192 viewspikeypaul

Scottish Independence on 18:49 - Jul 25 by DafyddHuw

If Scotland voted to leave the UK and the Tories say no, the Scots would go nuts.

Civil disobedience, refusal to pay taxes, demonstrators arrested and when their cases go to court, refusing to pay fines so that jails are overflowing.

And if the UK voted to leave the EU and the conservatives said no what would happen?

Scottish Independence on 19:05 - Jul 25 with 2192 viewsmonmouth

Scottish Independence on 18:56 - Jul 25 by pikeypaul

The Scottish result was for no change.So nothing to be acted upon and no need to void the result.If it was for exit like the EU result the "non binding" would have come in like it has the EU vote.

You can't void "no change" which the jocks voted for,which is a possibility of a non binding vote
[Post edited 25 Jul 2016 19:02]

No, the legislation creating the scottish referendum specified it as binding. The legislation creating the EU referendum specified it as non-binding.

Scottish Independence on 19:07 - Jul 25 with 2189 viewsmonmouth

Scottish Independence on 18:41 - Jul 25 by AnotherJohn

Better tell Nicola!

Indeed. I think it's ridiculous that a revote is possible within a generation.

Login to get fewer ads

Scottish Independence on 19:12 - Jul 25 with 2182 viewspikeypaul

Scottish Independence on 19:05 - Jul 25 by monmouth

No, the legislation creating the scottish referendum specified it as binding. The legislation creating the EU referendum specified it as non-binding.

Wrong,it was a non binding vote.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_independence_referendum,_2014

Scottish Independence on 19:17 - Jul 25 with 2171 viewsVinnie

I think the slogan should be,"Vote Yes and become a third world country within ten years". The EU does not want them and a lot of them do not wish to be tied to the rest of the UK,they would be totally friendless in a nasty world.
Scottish Independence on 19:28 - Jul 25 with 2152 viewsmonmouth

Scottish Independence on 19:12 - Jul 25 by pikeypaul

Wrong,it was a non binding vote.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_independence_referendum,_2014

Ooh that's interesting if true. I'm pretty sure the politicians drew a different comparison after the EU vote.

Scottish Independence on 19:42 - Jul 25 with 2131 viewspikeypaul

The statements focused on the substantive process. It was taken for granted that, owing to the principle of parliamentary sovereignty, the actual achievement of independence would require legislation by the UK Parliament. Formally, therefore, the referendum was non-binding. If a 'Yes' result had been accepted by the UK Parliament (which the UK government anticipated but could not guarantee), both the UK Parliament and the Scottish Parliament would have legislated to establish a process of negotiation. No time limit for the process was agreed.

monmouth,thats the way it was,

Scottish Independence on 19:57 - Jul 25 with 2112 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Scottish Independence on 18:49 - Jul 25 by DafyddHuw

They'd sack York again!
Had a trial run, Wembley in 1977

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Scottish Independence on 22:43 - Jul 25 with 2038 viewsKilkennyjack

Of course they should.

The old people were scared into voting no, and the pro EU types felt it was safer to stay. Not any more.

Unless you want to be Scotlandshire and be ruled by English Tory types then do it.

It will be a landslide as well.

Beware of the Risen People

Scottish Independence on 23:22 - Jul 25 with 2008 viewslonglostjack

Take back control Scotland and forget all this fear crap from the remain UK camp. What could possibly go wrong?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Scottish Independence on 23:24 - Jul 25 with 2003 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Scottish Independence on 23:22 - Jul 25 by longlostjack

Take back control Scotland and forget all this fear crap from the remain UK camp. What could possibly go wrong?

We re-invade and steal the oil again.

Scottish Independence on 23:27 - Jul 25 with 1998 viewslonglostjack

Scottish Independence on 23:24 - Jul 25 by Brynmill_Jack

We re-invade and steal the oil again.

Who's we.?

Scottish Independence on 23:29 - Jul 25 with 1992 viewslondonlisa2001

Scottish Independence on 22:43 - Jul 25 by Kilkennyjack

Of course they should.

The old people were scared into voting no, and the pro EU types felt it was safer to stay. Not any more.

Unless you want to be Scotlandshire and be ruled by English Tory types then do it.

It will be a landslide as well.

She won't call it - can't afford it. Couldn't afford it last time and since then oil has plummeted.

And this time she couldn't even begin to claim things like using sterling as currency, etc etc.
Scottish Independence on 23:35 - Jul 25 with 1980 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Scottish Independence on 23:27 - Jul 25 by longlostjack

Who's we.?

Us. Great Britain mun

Scottish Independence on 23:37 - Jul 25 with 1976 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Scottish Independence on 23:29 - Jul 25 by londonlisa2001

She won't call it - can't afford it. Couldn't afford it last time and since then oil has plummeted.

And this time she couldn't even begin to claim things like using sterling as currency, etc etc.

Spot on. Wee Jimmy Krankie is knackered lol

Scottish Independence (n/t) on 00:22 - Jul 26 with 1951 viewslonglostjack

Scottish Independence on 23:35 - Jul 25 by Brynmill_Jack

Us. Great Britain mun

Scottish Independence on 00:30 - Jul 26 with 1940 viewslonglostjack

Scottish Independence on 23:35 - Jul 25 by Brynmill_Jack

Us. Great Britain mun

Don't forget N.Ireland !

Scottish Independence on 04:43 - Jul 26 with 1906 viewsKilkennyjack

She will. Unless the EU exit somehow allows Scotkand to stay in the EU then its nailed on.

Such a shame us welsh dumbos voted leave. Mad.

Beware of the Risen People

Scottish Independence on 12:58 - Jul 26 with 1820 viewsHighjack

They won't call another referendum because they know they won't win it. People are greatly overestimating the strength of feeling towards the EU when most people had never even heard of it 3 months ago.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Scottish Independence on 13:05 - Jul 26 with 1808 viewsHighjack

Yeah all their arguments last time are null and void now. They needed to base their entire future on something more substantial than a finite resource that doesn't keep a reliable value.

It's like trampie campaigning for independence on the basis we can sell water and sheep to England for the next 2500 years.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024