Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Allen Deal Done 21:32 - Jul 25 with 7285 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/wales/36850814

Now let's see what Huwey turns up......

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Joe Allen Deal Done on 16:21 - Jul 26 with 1999 viewsBorojack

Joe Allen Deal Done on 16:19 - Jul 26 by londonlisa2001

Well Levien said we wanted him on Friday as well.

Kaplin is the main backer though

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Joe Allen Deal Done on 16:22 - Jul 26 with 1986 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Joe Allen Deal Done on 16:06 - Jul 26 by londonlisa2001

Yes you're right. I forgot Fer.

Did you also forget that we had around £30M of debt from the last accounts as well?
The Yanks have put nothing in to the SCFC Bank Account, that only comes from previous earnings, so I wonder what the accounts will look like YTD.
Joe Allen Deal Done on 16:25 - Jul 26 with 1974 viewslondonlisa2001

Joe Allen Deal Done on 16:21 - Jul 26 by Borojack

Kaplin is the main backer though

Well of course we don't know what he thinks because he couldn't be bothered to stay in Swansea for 1 day to do the presser.

One would hope though that he's told both Levien and Jenkins how much money they've got.

Anyway - it's done now - pointless going over it.

I notice though that Joe has gone to the States to join up for pre season - anyone know when our players turn up? Ki can't still be doing his national service - that saga has been going on since April.

Be nice if they joined us for a day or so at least.
Joe Allen Deal Done on 16:30 - Jul 26 with 1960 viewslondonlisa2001

Joe Allen Deal Done on 16:22 - Jul 26 by A_Fans_Dad

Did you also forget that we had around £30M of debt from the last accounts as well?
The Yanks have put nothing in to the SCFC Bank Account, that only comes from previous earnings, so I wonder what the accounts will look like YTD.

No but some of that was due from Man City (I believe we received a payment this month?) and some was due to the way that the Sky money is calculated and distributed (and us taking out a bridging facility to cover it).

And if you think I believe that the Americans have put anything into our account you haven't been paying attention...
Joe Allen Deal Done on 17:05 - Jul 26 with 1895 viewsmagicdaps10

Joe Allen Deal Done on 16:25 - Jul 26 by londonlisa2001

Well of course we don't know what he thinks because he couldn't be bothered to stay in Swansea for 1 day to do the presser.

One would hope though that he's told both Levien and Jenkins how much money they've got.

I notice though that Joe has gone to the States to join up for pre season - anyone know when our players turn up? Ki can't still be doing his national service - that saga has been going on since April.

All Euro players are back this week, would imagine either yesterday or today.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Joe Allen Deal Done on 17:08 - Jul 26 with 1883 viewslondonlisa2001

Joe Allen Deal Done on 17:05 - Jul 26 by magicdaps10

All Euro players are back this week, would imagine either yesterday or today.

I saw Fab was back - hadn't seen if others were. That's good.

And little Ki? Has he had enough time off as yet, or does he want a bit more?
Joe Allen Deal Done on 17:09 - Jul 26 with 1876 viewsmagicdaps10

Joe Allen Deal Done on 17:08 - Jul 26 by londonlisa2001

I saw Fab was back - hadn't seen if others were. That's good.

And little Ki? Has he had enough time off as yet, or does he want a bit more?

Unsure sorry.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Joe Allen Deal Done on 17:18 - Jul 26 with 1838 viewsvetchonian

I think Lisa is making a point here we are missing.

It is obvious by our lack of ambition to sign Joey that nothing has changed in the clubs approach to spending....that is no big war chest. Regardless of whether or not some of us believe this would have been a good move.....finances are still tight obviously or even tighter!

I see Lisa's point of view resigning Joe is good as he knows us and his value could appreciate whilst also helping to fill future holes when Leon goes. If there was investment then "extra" monies should be available to change from our previous "prudent" transfer dealings..... as it appears there is no change so Huw et al have sold us down the river

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Joe Allen Deal Done on 17:31 - Jul 26 with 1788 viewsjojaca

Joe Allen Deal Done on 17:18 - Jul 26 by vetchonian

I think Lisa is making a point here we are missing.

It is obvious by our lack of ambition to sign Joey that nothing has changed in the clubs approach to spending....that is no big war chest. Regardless of whether or not some of us believe this would have been a good move.....finances are still tight obviously or even tighter!

I see Lisa's point of view resigning Joe is good as he knows us and his value could appreciate whilst also helping to fill future holes when Leon goes. If there was investment then "extra" monies should be available to change from our previous "prudent" transfer dealings..... as it appears there is no change so Huw et al have sold us down the river

Nobody knows f**k all.

Even when you know, you never know?

Joe Allen Deal Done on 17:34 - Jul 26 with 1774 viewsPBJxxx

Joe Allen Deal Done on 17:09 - Jul 26 by magicdaps10

Unsure sorry.

By the Korean media his holiday is untill the end of this month

However i dunno if this is regarding Asian time/UK time

If this regards to UK time he has to leave Korea 1 day early

If not he bascially arrives at June 2nd.

But he'll be talkin Fcck for the reason that he got a day off for his military holiday(Really important holliday)
Joe Allen Deal Done on 18:02 - Jul 26 with 1717 viewsmonmouth

Someone just told me on the phone that the story he has heard going around Swansea is that Joe actually did choose Stoke over other offers, to work with Hughes. Obviously I'm not saying that's true.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Joe Allen Deal Done on 18:07 - Jul 26 with 1706 viewsBanosswan

Joe Allen Deal Done on 16:25 - Jul 26 by londonlisa2001

I'd have been more concerned if he stayed here and sacked off the meeting. Shows he's running all his operations correctly. If one of his other income strains started going south, we'd be the money cow he'd milk relentlessly.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Joe Allen Deal Done on 18:08 - Jul 26 with 1698 viewslondonlisa2001

Joe Allen Deal Done on 18:02 - Jul 26 by monmouth

Someone just told me on the phone that the story he has heard going around Swansea is that Joe actually did choose Stoke over other offers, to work with Hughes. Obviously I'm not saying that's true.

But none of the offers were from us according to people that know him.

Not saying that's true either, although, I'm surprised that the fact that we made an offer hasn't been leaked to one of our local investigative journos if we did ...
Joe Allen Deal Done on 18:19 - Jul 26 with 1673 viewsnantywatcher

Joe Allen Deal Done on 15:52 - Jul 26 by jasper_T

The Liverpool fans I've spoken to are sad to see him go as he always did the job for them when asked, and £11m isn't a lot of money to them in a £15m Ibe world.

Similar to how Spurs fans felt about Gylfi.

I've been talking to ex Liverpool players who still have a big following in the city - they were glad to offload JA, but let's see how it pans out.
Joe Allen Deal Done on 18:29 - Jul 26 with 1634 viewsmonmouth

Joe Allen Deal Done on 18:08 - Jul 26 by londonlisa2001

But none of the offers were from us according to people that know him.

Not saying that's true either, although, I'm surprised that the fact that we made an offer hasn't been leaked to one of our local investigative journos if we did ...

Aye, you'd think that would have surfaced through the poodles by now.

Re nanty's point, as far as their fan-sites go I think Liverpool fans were quite sad to see him go but recognise it makes sense.

I tell you what though, if we end up with 13m....sorry again...11m spare and unspent and we don't utilise it to strengthen other areas, I would be mad that we didn't get him, whether I think he's worth the money or not as that is irrelevant as there'd be no opportunity cost.

Joe Allen Deal Done on 21:21 - Jul 26 with 1490 viewsSwansNZ

Joe Allen Deal Done on 18:29 - Jul 26 by monmouth

Aye, you'd think that would have surfaced through the poodles by now.

Re nanty's point, as far as their fan-sites go I think Liverpool fans were quite sad to see him go but recognise it makes sense.

I tell you what though, if we end up with 13m....sorry again...11m spare and unspent and we don't utilise it to strengthen other areas, I would be mad that we didn't get him, whether I think he's worth the money or not as that is irrelevant as there'd be no opportunity cost.

That’s my worry, not that we did not go for (or missed out on) Allen, but that the money set aside for more pressing needs, does not get spent. We won’t have to wait for Boxing Day to find out, just over a month to go until the window closes.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Joe Allen Deal Done on 21:51 - Jul 26 with 1462 viewslawrence

If allen had,nt been such a greedy little shit he would be a swansea player tonight, good riddance
Joe Allen Deal Done on 22:00 - Jul 26 with 1427 viewsSwansNZ

Joe Allen Deal Done on 21:51 - Jul 26 by lawrence

If allen had,nt been such a greedy little shit he would be a swansea player tonight, good riddance

If he was a greedy little shit, he could have stayed a Loserpool for a year picking up big wages, and then get a massive pay day next summer.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Joe Allen Deal Done on 22:01 - Jul 26 with 1423 viewsowainglyndwr

And how do you know that ?
If your boss asked you to take a wage decrease would you ?
He wanted to come back for family reasons.
Joe Allen Deal Done on 22:09 - Jul 26 with 1393 viewsLandore_Jack

Did we bid 13M? Wouldn't surprise if we didn't.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2016 22:15]

#backtojack

Joe Allen Deal Done on 22:12 - Jul 26 with 1376 viewsmonmouth

Do tell.

Joe Allen Deal Done on 00:36 - Aug 1 with 1123 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Would have been nuts to invest this on another midfielder, given our current needs.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Joe Allen Deal Done on 00:42 - Aug 1 with 1105 viewsDrizzy

Joe Allen Deal Done on 00:36 - Aug 1 by Tummer_from_Texas

Would have been nuts to invest this on another midfielder, given our current needs.

Reliable source, that.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Joe Allen Deal Done on 01:23 - Aug 1 with 1061 viewsUplandsJack

Joe Allen Deal Done on 00:36 - Aug 1 by Tummer_from_Texas

Sorry "Dan Lewis" but I just can't believe they're paying JA anywhere near that amount... bloody ridiculous if that is true minds....
[Post edited 1 Aug 2016 1:24]
Joe Allen Deal Done on 10:28 - Aug 1 with 843 viewsDewi1jack

Joe Allen Deal Done on 15:48 - Jul 26 by nantywatcher

Lets make a note of everything in 5 months time, say Boxing Day?
I think we have dodged a bullet. JA is way over-priced for a bread and butter footballer with no real outstanding qualities other than he can run around in circles for an hour or so.
Liverpool fans cannot believe their luck in passing him on, but he's got some outstanding players to work with at Stoke, so lets watch it all unfold.
Personally I'm very pleased we stepped aside.
Meet you here just after Christmas and will see who's judgement bears scrutiny.

Personally I agree with you.
Sentimentality has played a huge part in the outpourings to bring Joey back here.

If we'd have bought any other midfielder with JA's ability (but without the name) for £13 million, there'd be outpourings of grief and dismay at the club wasting money, especially when we need strikers.
We only paid around the £12 million mark for Wilf FFS
We seem to pay around the £5 to 6 million mark for midfielders.

Unbelievable muppets aye!
Like saying bye bye to Ash when there's been no firm offers

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024