Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What part of the Uk would you hate to live in? 23:35 - Jul 25 with 6195 viewsdailew

For me the worst is the Doncaster / Goole / Scunny area. Very little to recommend it.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

What part of the Uk would you hate to live in? on 13:04 - Jul 27 with 1195 viewslondonlisa2001

What part of the Uk would you hate to live in? on 12:57 - Jul 27 by angryjack

believe me some one who works up on scaffolding day in day out would rather be cold than wet and cold at least you can warm up when cold add more layers keep moving but when your wet through your done

Yes - that's a fair point.

Whereas if you don't work outside then it being wet is sometimes more acceptable than it being so cold you can't turn the heating off for 6 weeks.

Cold and sunny is lovely though to be fair - up here the last couple of winters have been cold but grey and miserable - horrible.

I know this may sound strange, but I miss that type of sea mist in Swansea - we never get that here (obviously). I like that drizzly misty weather (on the odd day) now - with the smell of salt in the air.
What part of the Uk would you hate to live in? on 13:05 - Jul 27 with 1194 viewsLeonisGod

What part of the Uk would you hate to live in? on 12:59 - Jul 27 by angryjack

charging too high for rates for starters,the council waste money on pointless s8it spent millions on oystermouth rd it looks exactly the same,turning city inyo a one way system for a bendy bus which dont run anymore its a ghost town because of the council

And my favorite, spending money on pointless double yellow lines around the Liberty which has caused MORE traffic congestion . The w4ankers!
What part of the Uk would you hate to live in? on 13:06 - Jul 27 with 1193 viewslondonlisa2001

What part of the Uk would you hate to live in? on 12:59 - Jul 27 by angryjack

charging too high for rates for starters,the council waste money on pointless s8it spent millions on oystermouth rd it looks exactly the same,turning city inyo a one way system for a bendy bus which dont run anymore its a ghost town because of the council

Some of these companies have been offered rate free deals for years, and all sorts of incentives and still haven't come to Swansea.

I agree about the Oystermouth Road stuff - as I said, some of it is their fault.
What part of the Uk would you hate to live in? on 13:07 - Jul 27 with 1194 viewsangryjack

What part of the Uk would you hate to live in? on 13:04 - Jul 27 by londonlisa2001

Yes - that's a fair point.

Whereas if you don't work outside then it being wet is sometimes more acceptable than it being so cold you can't turn the heating off for 6 weeks.

Cold and sunny is lovely though to be fair - up here the last couple of winters have been cold but grey and miserable - horrible.

I know this may sound strange, but I miss that type of sea mist in Swansea - we never get that here (obviously). I like that drizzly misty weather (on the odd day) now - with the smell of salt in the air.

ye maybe for a while but if you had deal with the wet summer winter autumn and spring you would soon get fed up..do you watch the weather forecasts because next time you watch it there always seems to be a circle of rain over swansea when rest uk is fine
What part of the Uk would you hate to live in? on 13:23 - Jul 27 with 1173 viewsFlashberryjack

What part of the Uk would you hate to live in? on 23:25 - Jul 26 by builthjack

I most likely know them

Probably do mate, you may even know Flashberryjack as well
[Post edited 27 Jul 2016 13:24]

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

What part of the Uk would you hate to live in? on 14:46 - Jul 27 with 1124 viewsAl_Bundy

The worst places I have visited with my work is -

Bridgend
Gosport
Luton
Hull
Bedford
Slough
Redcar
Parts of Sheffield
Oldham
Bootle
Leigh
South Shields
Worksop
What part of the Uk would you hate to live in? on 16:55 - Jul 27 with 1092 viewsCwmavonJack

Amazed port talbot has yet to be mentioned. Especially with it being voted the most polluted town in the uk. Cwmavons nice though.

Poll: Should St David's day be a Bank Holiday in Wales?

What part of the Uk would you hate to live in? on 17:01 - Jul 27 with 1087 viewslondonlisa2001

What part of the Uk would you hate to live in? on 13:07 - Jul 27 by angryjack

ye maybe for a while but if you had deal with the wet summer winter autumn and spring you would soon get fed up..do you watch the weather forecasts because next time you watch it there always seems to be a circle of rain over swansea when rest uk is fine

Don't have to watch the weather forecasts - I have to listen to my family moaning about it every few days on the phone mun :-)
Login to get fewer ads

What part of the Uk would you hate to live in? on 17:43 - Jul 27 with 1064 viewsGeoffThom

Come on guys have none of you been to Gurnos ! Or bleanavon even bleangwynfi ,or even reading now that's friggin bland
What part of the Uk would you hate to live in? on 19:56 - Jul 27 with 1012 viewscontroversial_jack

Barry.
What part of the Uk would you hate to live in? on 22:33 - Jul 27 with 976 viewsBigPhilG

What part of the Uk would you hate to live in? on 09:21 - Jul 26 by Darran

Merseyside.

After careful consideration I concur that it's the worst part of the U.K. I've been too and has the worst accent too. They all say "Errr what it is" in that god awful tone
What part of the Uk would you hate to live in? on 23:04 - Jul 27 with 953 viewsangryjack

What part of the Uk would you hate to live in? on 22:33 - Jul 27 by BigPhilG

After careful consideration I concur that it's the worst part of the U.K. I've been too and has the worst accent too. They all say "Errr what it is" in that god awful tone

liverpool is a wonderful city and swansea would not get anywhere near it
What part of the Uk would you hate to live in? on 23:08 - Jul 27 with 949 viewsDr_Winston

London.

It's a great place to visit and I do so regularly, but the idea of dealing with that kind of rat race and price of living on a daily basis does not appeal to me at all.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

What part of the Uk would you hate to live in? on 23:08 - Jul 27 with 947 viewsKerouac

What part of the Uk would you hate to live in? on 17:43 - Jul 27 by GeoffThom

Come on guys have none of you been to Gurnos ! Or bleanavon even bleangwynfi ,or even reading now that's friggin bland

I'd like to second your Blaengwynfi shout, fu#k me that place is grim...like a zombie apocalypse movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

What part of the Uk would you hate to live in? on 00:09 - Jul 28 with 925 viewsGowerjack

What part of the Uk would you hate to live in? on 12:45 - Jul 27 by londonlisa2001

Swansea is very wet, but on the other hand, doesn't get a cold winter.

So pros and cons.

No.

Cold is much much better than wet.

FACT.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

What part of the Uk would you hate to live in? on 00:17 - Jul 28 with 908 viewsMurph75

Plenty more sheep out there.
What part of the Uk would you hate to live in? on 00:19 - Jul 28 with 901 viewsLord_Bony

Meh.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

What part of the Uk would you hate to live in? on 00:21 - Jul 28 with 896 viewsKerouac

She didn't play prop for Neath, the Ospreys and Wales did she?

[Post edited 28 Jul 2016 0:33]

What part of the Uk would you hate to live in? on 00:21 - Jul 28 with 894 viewsMurph75

What part of the Uk would you hate to live in? on 00:19 - Jul 28 by Lord_Bony

Meh.

That's a woolly response.
What part of the Uk would you hate to live in? on 00:34 - Jul 28 with 885 viewsImAlrightJack

Rother, East Sussex. Basically a borough conisting of Battle, Bexhilll, Rye a few hamlets, Peasmarsh where Paul McCartney now lives, Northiham where a little girl got shot by her estranged father a few years ago and this village called Westfield which neighbours Rye and Westfield.

In all those places bar Battle, Bexhill and Rye, there is absolutely nothing or next to nothing to do at all. Even getting to the nearest town costs you an arm and leg, as the nearest train station can be a hour and a half away by foot and you're walking up hills, so you need a car and in Three Oaks there is a train station as well as Doleham, but in those places there is nothing at all!. The latter is just a halt with loads of houses lined up and a nearby farm.

I had a work colleague who lived in Broad Oak, an area of Brede. She could only get to work by driving 15 mins to Doleham, which is all lanes with approaching traffic, waiting for a train there which took a 15 min walk after parking her car, then 10 mins on the platform waiting for the train to arrive. Then followed a 45 min train journey to work.

As you can see, the poor kid lived out in the middle of nowhere in the depressing sticks, was isolated and hated it. Last time i heard, she was in Eastbourne.

Broad Oak was featured on Escape To the Country for 5 seconds, which sums up the place. The lady looking at properties, soon said she would be "isolated" living there. What to do?, drink watered down Harveys at The Rainbow Trout and go sausage shopping. There was a petrol station there, but this went for the sausage shop.......
What part of the Uk would you hate to live in? on 00:38 - Jul 28 with 880 viewsKerouac

cue Loyal with a "sausage shopping" gag

What part of the Uk would you hate to live in? on 04:29 - Jul 28 with 838 viewsLoyal

What part of the Uk would you hate to live in? on 00:38 - Jul 28 by Kerouac

cue Loyal with a "sausage shopping" gag

It's too obvious, I'm still trying to find a waynof drilling a hole in to next doors bedroom so I can keep an eye on their goldfish.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

What part of the Uk would you hate to live in? (n/t) on 07:43 - Jul 28 with 827 viewsbathgatejack

What part of the Uk would you hate to live in? (n/t) on 14:30 - Jul 26 by WxmJax

[Post edited 26 Jul 2016 14:31]

Fauldhouse
What part of the Uk would you hate to live in? on 08:04 - Jul 28 with 819 viewsSwansNZ

The UK part.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

What part of the Uk would you hate to live in? on 09:19 - Jul 28 with 801 viewsnantywatcher

STOKE.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024