Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? 11:47 - Jul 26 with 4381 viewsLoyal

When HJ was made chairman it was on the back of a tissue of lies from a plethora of Swansea owners. A flawed agenda to say one thing and then do another, divide and conquer the clubs fans, then set them against each other to conceal their real money making agenda ( McClure & Hamer ) continually lie and disorientate supporters about finances ( Lewis ) Asset strip the club of its prime capita ( Petty )

Or are certain fans being too demanding and need to be more patient whilst the best interests of the club and the community are discussed and planned ?

It seems there are two very hard talking camps forming on this subject.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 11:49 - Jul 26 with 2332 viewsLandore_Jack

Is it time for HJ to step down as chairman?
[Post edited 26 Jul 2016 11:50]

#backtojack

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 11:55 - Jul 26 with 2294 viewsMillie

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 11:49 - Jul 26 by Landore_Jack

Jenkins for CEO
Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 12:21 - Jul 26 with 2208 viewsvetchonian

Interesting comments about previous regimes though SIlver Shield/Ninth floor never hid their motives that were the football club was a means to an end. Steve Hamer a fan and brother of Nigel of the trust "sold" investment opportunity to city contacts he had based on the future Morfa development. This all went belly up when the council at the time inisted the club pay for the building of the new stadium if they also waned the benefit of the commercial development at Morfa this was not what McClure had had in mind or been sold. Subsequently the council paid for the stadium and ANother commercial developer benefited from the retail development.This clever action by yet another astute set of Swansea councillors trigged off the train of events with Ninth Floor leaving as the prize was no longer available selling the club to Mike Lewis for £1 who thought he could find a buyer and keep the club going...whilst maybe making a quick buck himself but who ended up find Petty and the rest is history. what is a shame is that we have yet again sold out our club to persons who have no affiliation to the club apart from seeing its money making potential...What annoys me is our so called saviours telling us that this will be the best for the future of the club.

I am sure the previous board could have found funds for investment into the club if only not taking a dividend and reinvesting this ...especially once their original investments had been recovered.

In Huw we trust?
[Post edited 26 Jul 2016 12:27]

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 12:26 - Jul 26 with 2176 viewsWarwickHunt

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 11:49 - Jul 26 by Landore_Jack

Chairman - possibly.

Director of football - way overdue.
Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 12:28 - Jul 26 with 2158 viewsvetchonian

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 12:26 - Jul 26 by WarwickHunt

Chairman - possibly.

Director of football - way overdue.

I would agree there....just realised why we have so many keepers wasnt that Huw's position when he played

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 12:33 - Jul 26 with 2127 viewsMillie

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 12:28 - Jul 26 by vetchonian

I would agree there....just realised why we have so many keepers wasnt that Huw's position when he played

We have one keeper, Fabi and Norsfeldt as back up, Trems is a bit of insurance and the other two are potential, both of whom will go out on loan IMO
Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 12:56 - Jul 26 with 2022 viewsBorojack

I fear he is yes a bit early to say but if the Joe Allen transfer is anything to go by early signs are not good.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 13:06 - Jul 26 with 1964 viewsjasonbromham

Did you miss it when we signed a new goalkeeper just over a week ago?
Login to get fewer ads

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 13:22 - Jul 26 with 1885 viewsMagicDaps

It's always baffled me as to the amount of criticism he gets as a chairman. He's a fantastic chairman, and a big plus of the takeover is that he's going to continue on as chairman. He's been such a vital figure in our success far, and despite criticism recently with a limited budget he's done a very good job. People talk about the consistency of managers like Allardyce and Pulis for there consistency of keeping clubs in the division, but neither can boast the record Huw Jenkins has as a chairman with limited resources of never finishing lower than 12th in his five seasons in the Premier League. Is he going to make mistakes? Of course, nobody can get every transfer right and every club is going to face difficult challenges along the way that you can't precedent for. Are we going to sign everyone? No of course not, we haven't got a blank cheque book and he's going to have to make decisions of where to prioritise spending. He is very much in charge of transfers under our current model, and he's the ideal person for the job. He's overseen a net transfer profit despite three promotions, and been heavily involved in the building of a team that's consolidated our job as a Premier League club. I'm glad that our new owners aren't as reactionary and fickle as some of support when it comes to entrusting their support in one of the best in the business.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 13:27 - Jul 26 with 1851 viewsmonmouth

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 12:21 - Jul 26 by vetchonian

Interesting comments about previous regimes though SIlver Shield/Ninth floor never hid their motives that were the football club was a means to an end. Steve Hamer a fan and brother of Nigel of the trust "sold" investment opportunity to city contacts he had based on the future Morfa development. This all went belly up when the council at the time inisted the club pay for the building of the new stadium if they also waned the benefit of the commercial development at Morfa this was not what McClure had had in mind or been sold. Subsequently the council paid for the stadium and ANother commercial developer benefited from the retail development.This clever action by yet another astute set of Swansea councillors trigged off the train of events with Ninth Floor leaving as the prize was no longer available selling the club to Mike Lewis for £1 who thought he could find a buyer and keep the club going...whilst maybe making a quick buck himself but who ended up find Petty and the rest is history. what is a shame is that we have yet again sold out our club to persons who have no affiliation to the club apart from seeing its money making potential...What annoys me is our so called saviours telling us that this will be the best for the future of the club.

I am sure the previous board could have found funds for investment into the club if only not taking a dividend and reinvesting this ...especially once their original investments had been recovered.

In Huw we trust?
[Post edited 26 Jul 2016 12:27]

In the Trust I trust

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 13:27 - Jul 26 with 1849 viewswaynekerr55

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 12:28 - Jul 26 by vetchonian

I wonder if the tight git has paid his fine to the WWFA. I remember seeing his name on the banned list around 2005 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 13:34 - Jul 26 with 1792 viewsMillie

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 13:27 - Jul 26 by waynekerr55

I wonder if the tight git has paid his fine to the WWFA. I remember seeing his name on the banned list around 2005 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Bob Waygood's a robbing git though
Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 13:41 - Jul 26 with 1745 viewsvetchonian

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 13:22 - Jul 26 by MagicDaps

It's always baffled me as to the amount of criticism he gets as a chairman. He's a fantastic chairman, and a big plus of the takeover is that he's going to continue on as chairman. He's been such a vital figure in our success far, and despite criticism recently with a limited budget he's done a very good job. People talk about the consistency of managers like Allardyce and Pulis for there consistency of keeping clubs in the division, but neither can boast the record Huw Jenkins has as a chairman with limited resources of never finishing lower than 12th in his five seasons in the Premier League. Is he going to make mistakes? Of course, nobody can get every transfer right and every club is going to face difficult challenges along the way that you can't precedent for. Are we going to sign everyone? No of course not, we haven't got a blank cheque book and he's going to have to make decisions of where to prioritise spending. He is very much in charge of transfers under our current model, and he's the ideal person for the job. He's overseen a net transfer profit despite three promotions, and been heavily involved in the building of a team that's consolidated our job as a Premier League club. I'm glad that our new owners aren't as reactionary and fickle as some of support when it comes to entrusting their support in one of the best in the business.

But you do have to question some of his decsion making. at times his heart has ruled his head with certain signings which I am sure have caused "issues" with managers.
Yes we should be thankful for his efforts in bringing us to where we are BUT he could have made some better calls.eg

When appointing Monk as full time manager he should have insisted he had a more seasoned No2 ideally someone not so close to the club...as Roberto did when he came here to allow a better managment of the dressing room he had only just left as a player

The Brendon reappointment thing when Franco was here

the sign of any good "manager" is how they manage when things are going wrong. Whilst his title is chairman he is /was the senior managing executive in the organisation. Most of the time we have been riding the crest of a wave .......we are now in the doldrums so to speak lets now see how he performs

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 13:42 - Jul 26 with 1735 viewsdobjack2

Interesting points.

I suspect that the evening post article about still being in the hunt for Joe, realistic price and a little more effort was over optimistic and was uncharacteristic for HJ. There was probably a bit of heart in there.

A much wiser comment would have been that we know the price Liverpool will accept and now need to consider whether we will make a further bid taking into account our other recruitment priorities.

Unfortunately the post article raised people's expectations and it's not as if HJ is Unused to dealing with the press so should have known better. The meltdown is down to the article in my opinion.

A return to tight lips should be on the cards.

As to saying one thing and doing another our transfer dealings will come under increased scrutiny. If they are viewed as OK the meltdown will be put to one side. However if our transfer dealings by the end of the window, or even prior to the burnley game, are deemed as inadequate by the majority of fans then the meltdown over the last few days will pale into insignificance as there will be an army with torches and pitchforks demanding his head.

A very interesting window awaits us.
Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 13:43 - Jul 26 with 1728 viewsvetchonian

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 13:27 - Jul 26 by monmouth

In the Trust I trust

well said Monny I think and I hope I am proved to be wrong we will need them to lead another rescue at some time

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 13:46 - Jul 26 with 1706 viewsMagicDaps

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 13:41 - Jul 26 by vetchonian

But you do have to question some of his decsion making. at times his heart has ruled his head with certain signings which I am sure have caused "issues" with managers.
Yes we should be thankful for his efforts in bringing us to where we are BUT he could have made some better calls.eg

When appointing Monk as full time manager he should have insisted he had a more seasoned No2 ideally someone not so close to the club...as Roberto did when he came here to allow a better managment of the dressing room he had only just left as a player

The Brendon reappointment thing when Franco was here

the sign of any good "manager" is how they manage when things are going wrong. Whilst his title is chairman he is /was the senior managing executive in the organisation. Most of the time we have been riding the crest of a wave .......we are now in the doldrums so to speak lets now see how he performs

In his time running the club, he's made very few mistakes for someone in his role. I don't see who we're going to replace him with who's going to be nearly as good as him. All of the scenarios you've brought up are all hypotheticals, for instance there's a strong argument that a more experienced number two could have undermined Monk and we might not have achieved the success in 2014/15 as a result. Jenkins has had very difficult decisions to deal with in the last few years, when things were going badly under Laudrup in 2013/14, and last season under Monk. In both circumstances he made bold decisions, that weren't liked at all by the media for the good of the club and in both he got us finishing 12th and comfortably away from relegation by the end of the season. If you want to judge him in difficult scenarios, judge him by that but we are most certainly not currently in the doldrums by any means.

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 14:08 - Jul 26 with 1605 viewsvetchonian

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 13:46 - Jul 26 by MagicDaps

In his time running the club, he's made very few mistakes for someone in his role. I don't see who we're going to replace him with who's going to be nearly as good as him. All of the scenarios you've brought up are all hypotheticals, for instance there's a strong argument that a more experienced number two could have undermined Monk and we might not have achieved the success in 2014/15 as a result. Jenkins has had very difficult decisions to deal with in the last few years, when things were going badly under Laudrup in 2013/14, and last season under Monk. In both circumstances he made bold decisions, that weren't liked at all by the media for the good of the club and in both he got us finishing 12th and comfortably away from relegation by the end of the season. If you want to judge him in difficult scenarios, judge him by that but we are most certainly not currently in the doldrums by any means.

I think many on here would quote signings such as Ngog,,Beattie,Eder,Gomis, as mistakes?
Dont get me wrong whilst I am a critic I think he has been instrumental in our success but at times I think his heart has ruled his head plus he has a belief "he knows best".

Time will tell but my may concern now is that he is just a "hired" hand and maybe the time has come for someone new with less emotional attachment but on the other hand at least Huw cares

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 14:11 - Jul 26 with 1600 viewsClinton

Very good points by Daps and well made.
5 years of Premier League football for a club with no external finance in one of the poorer areas of Britain is proof positive how effective Huw has been. He deserves the chance to continue.
For me, the most effective positives have been the way the club has recovered from the near crises at the end of the Laudrup and Monk tenures. Although they were possibly partially of Huws making, we got out of them under Huws chairmanship.
I bet the likes of Newcastle, villa, QPR,Cardiff and their big money backers wish they were in our position

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 14:15 - Jul 26 with 1586 viewsMagicDaps

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 14:08 - Jul 26 by vetchonian

I think many on here would quote signings such as Ngog,,Beattie,Eder,Gomis, as mistakes?
Dont get me wrong whilst I am a critic I think he has been instrumental in our success but at times I think his heart has ruled his head plus he has a belief "he knows best".

Time will tell but my may concern now is that he is just a "hired" hand and maybe the time has come for someone new with less emotional attachment but on the other hand at least Huw cares

As I've said of course he's made mistakes. Look at any club in the last four of five seasons and they'll have made mistakes signing players. When your bringing in the amount of players that we do, it's an inevitability but his transfer record on the whole is excellent, which is why we've managed to climb three leagues whilst making a profit in transfers. That's nothing to do with his heart ruling his head, and yes of course he has the belief that he knows best which is what you need in the business. If he'd have pandered to others, and especially if he'd have pandered to what the supporters wanted, then we wouldn't have got close to the success we'd have achieved. Don't make an illusions that anyone coming in to replace Huw worth their salt would have the belief that they know best, I'd worry if they didn't. I don't really know how that makes his heart rule his head, he's been ruthless when it's been required. When exactly do you think his heart has ruled his head, and how do you think this has cost us?

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 14:22 - Jul 26 with 1542 viewsMillie

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 14:08 - Jul 26 by vetchonian

For balance, Beattie never played for us and if the manager wants some coaching, its up to him to decide, not HJ, FG has a number of Italian coaches that maybe useless, the point is FG rates them and HJ isn't going to stand in the way

Gomis, whilst a lazy so and so, wasn't too shabby, Eder didn't get much of a chance, N'gog, OK... there are others too, Itay, Vasquez, Olivera and Emnes, Swansea can't afford a 2nd or 3rd choice striker at the top of his game, these players are difficult to come by and upset the whole dressing room if not picked
Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 14:27 - Jul 26 with 1521 viewsvetchonian

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 14:15 - Jul 26 by MagicDaps

As I've said of course he's made mistakes. Look at any club in the last four of five seasons and they'll have made mistakes signing players. When your bringing in the amount of players that we do, it's an inevitability but his transfer record on the whole is excellent, which is why we've managed to climb three leagues whilst making a profit in transfers. That's nothing to do with his heart ruling his head, and yes of course he has the belief that he knows best which is what you need in the business. If he'd have pandered to others, and especially if he'd have pandered to what the supporters wanted, then we wouldn't have got close to the success we'd have achieved. Don't make an illusions that anyone coming in to replace Huw worth their salt would have the belief that they know best, I'd worry if they didn't. I don't really know how that makes his heart rule his head, he's been ruthless when it's been required. When exactly do you think his heart has ruled his head, and how do you think this has cost us?

Personally I think the resigining of Trundle, ( I wait for all the bricks to be thrown...)the signing of Emnes,Garry's appointment and whilst this proved to be inspired for the first season it always had a risk.
None of whcih has cost us relegation because as you have said Huw has made the decisions needed to steer us clear. I uses the doldrums as a descriptor as now after all those seasons of "success" we are treading water . It is a question as to who would replace him but maybe his "luck" will run out soon

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 14:36 - Jul 26 with 1484 viewsMagicDaps

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 14:27 - Jul 26 by vetchonian

Personally I think the resigining of Trundle, ( I wait for all the bricks to be thrown...)the signing of Emnes,Garry's appointment and whilst this proved to be inspired for the first season it always had a risk.
None of whcih has cost us relegation because as you have said Huw has made the decisions needed to steer us clear. I uses the doldrums as a descriptor as now after all those seasons of "success" we are treading water . It is a question as to who would replace him but maybe his "luck" will run out soon

It's very easy to put in an accusation like that on the face of it, but of course there were going to be signings he made that he had connections to. Some were successful, some were not. Trundle was, as was a certain resigning of Leon Britton. Jenkins has shown that his head does rule his heart, as with the sacking of Garry Monk when it was required, as with not resigning Joe Allen despite him being universally loved by the fans as our priorities of spending are with a striker. He can't really win with some, if he resigns Allen it's heart ruling his head, if he doesn't he's lost the plot. Thankfully, he's shown to ignore this kind of reactionary outcry. If you want to call 15 years of running a successful football club 'luck', then go ahead, but it's not even something I'd expect to hear from those up the road at this stage.

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 14:43 - Jul 26 with 1453 viewsvetchonian

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 14:22 - Jul 26 by Millie

For balance, Beattie never played for us and if the manager wants some coaching, its up to him to decide, not HJ, FG has a number of Italian coaches that maybe useless, the point is FG rates them and HJ isn't going to stand in the way

Gomis, whilst a lazy so and so, wasn't too shabby, Eder didn't get much of a chance, N'gog, OK... there are others too, Itay, Vasquez, Olivera and Emnes, Swansea can't afford a 2nd or 3rd choice striker at the top of his game, these players are difficult to come by and upset the whole dressing room if not picked

Craig Beattie sometimes did! TO whom I was referring

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 14:48 - Jul 26 with 1422 viewsvetchonian

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 14:36 - Jul 26 by MagicDaps

It's very easy to put in an accusation like that on the face of it, but of course there were going to be signings he made that he had connections to. Some were successful, some were not. Trundle was, as was a certain resigning of Leon Britton. Jenkins has shown that his head does rule his heart, as with the sacking of Garry Monk when it was required, as with not resigning Joe Allen despite him being universally loved by the fans as our priorities of spending are with a striker. He can't really win with some, if he resigns Allen it's heart ruling his head, if he doesn't he's lost the plot. Thankfully, he's shown to ignore this kind of reactionary outcry. If you want to call 15 years of running a successful football club 'luck', then go ahead, but it's not even something I'd expect to hear from those up the road at this stage.

I dont intend to get into a battle Daps

I actually have had a lot of respect for Huw but I do think sometimes a lot of folks do think he is "above" criticism.

By "luck" I am inferring all good leaders meet their Waterloo I do not believe what has been achieved is purely down to luck no one is that lucky!!

The resigning of Leon was a no brainer...he only left as a result of a clash with Sousa..and the "Swansea Way" envisaged by Roberto was built around him.

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 14:52 - Jul 26 with 1409 viewsblaine_scfc

Still too early to say, we have the next week to bring some quality in. If we don't strengthen our squad for the coming season, then the boards personal gain has come before the football club, this includes Jenkins and Dineen.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024