Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? 11:47 - Jul 26 with 4380 viewsLoyal

When HJ was made chairman it was on the back of a tissue of lies from a plethora of Swansea owners. A flawed agenda to say one thing and then do another, divide and conquer the clubs fans, then set them against each other to conceal their real money making agenda ( McClure & Hamer ) continually lie and disorientate supporters about finances ( Lewis ) Asset strip the club of its prime capita ( Petty )

Or are certain fans being too demanding and need to be more patient whilst the best interests of the club and the community are discussed and planned ?

It seems there are two very hard talking camps forming on this subject.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 14:58 - Jul 26 with 1025 viewsvetchonian

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 14:52 - Jul 26 by blaine_scfc

Still too early to say, we have the next week to bring some quality in. If we don't strengthen our squad for the coming season, then the boards personal gain has come before the football club, this includes Jenkins and Dineen.

Stricly speaking we have until August 31st but like Fred Pontin used to say you have to "book early " to avoid dissapointment.

The chances of a marque signing especially a striker seem to be diminishing by the day.
Whilst we all hope for the return of Bony ....how can we be assured it will be a success this time around, given how Franco may want us to play?

TIme will tell if this "takeover" and all it brings is about the club or personal gain

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 15:10 - Jul 26 with 1007 viewsClinton

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 14:58 - Jul 26 by vetchonian

Stricly speaking we have until August 31st but like Fred Pontin used to say you have to "book early " to avoid dissapointment.

The chances of a marque signing especially a striker seem to be diminishing by the day.
Whilst we all hope for the return of Bony ....how can we be assured it will be a success this time around, given how Franco may want us to play?

TIme will tell if this "takeover" and all it brings is about the club or personal gain

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 15:15 - Jul 26 with 981 viewsstid

Calm it down...Hardly been any signings so far in the PL, the problem is that the top sides are going for the average ST's that we usually would go for due to the ridiculous fees eg Jansen to spurs and Ben Yedder to Arsenal
Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 15:17 - Jul 26 with 975 viewsLoyal

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 12:21 - Jul 26 by vetchonian

Interesting comments about previous regimes though SIlver Shield/Ninth floor never hid their motives that were the football club was a means to an end. Steve Hamer a fan and brother of Nigel of the trust "sold" investment opportunity to city contacts he had based on the future Morfa development. This all went belly up when the council at the time inisted the club pay for the building of the new stadium if they also waned the benefit of the commercial development at Morfa this was not what McClure had had in mind or been sold. Subsequently the council paid for the stadium and ANother commercial developer benefited from the retail development.This clever action by yet another astute set of Swansea councillors trigged off the train of events with Ninth Floor leaving as the prize was no longer available selling the club to Mike Lewis for £1 who thought he could find a buyer and keep the club going...whilst maybe making a quick buck himself but who ended up find Petty and the rest is history. what is a shame is that we have yet again sold out our club to persons who have no affiliation to the club apart from seeing its money making potential...What annoys me is our so called saviours telling us that this will be the best for the future of the club.

I am sure the previous board could have found funds for investment into the club if only not taking a dividend and reinvesting this ...especially once their original investments had been recovered.

In Huw we trust?
[Post edited 26 Jul 2016 12:27]

Then you didn't know these scoundrels as well as some I know did.
Just because Nigel is a good guy it doesn't transfer.
They were agenda ridden people who were so devious and untrustworthy in their motives the council wouldn't do business with them is the truth, and proof of that is the fact as soon as the trust and new board formed the new ground went ahead. Hamer is playing the same nonsense at Brotaol Rovers now, watch that go belly up, the fans there already gave him sussed.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 15:20 - Jul 26 with 964 viewsLoyal

My point wasn't about HJ and his mistakes though, he has done sterling work for great reward, not that he knew it at the time- it is about what he is fronting now and what that actually is and the comparison to what we have seen before.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2016 15:26]

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 16:28 - Jul 26 with 910 viewsQuakerJack

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 13:27 - Jul 26 by monmouth

In the Trust I trust

And in a man who deceived the trust, I don't trust

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 16:35 - Jul 26 with 900 viewsBorojack

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 16:28 - Jul 26 by QuakerJack

That reminds me I need to take Animal Farm back to the library its overdue.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 16:47 - Jul 26 with 856 viewsmorningstar

I don't do facebook, but my wife tells me someone has started a petition there for Huw to be removed!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Login to get fewer ads

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 17:32 - Jul 26 with 795 viewsmonmouth

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 16:47 - Jul 26 by morningstar

I don't do facebook, but my wife tells me someone has started a petition there for Huw to be removed!

I heard it was started by Pickfords.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 17:56 - Jul 26 with 760 viewswaynekerr55

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 16:28 - Jul 26 by QuakerJack

Which one? There's (allegedly) more than one.

Did Dineen quantify his statement on Twitter about Huw Cooze and the truth coming out? Or is he working out how to use his tumble drier? 😂😄

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 18:00 - Jul 26 with 744 viewswhiterock

3 directors told to resign, 3 step down
Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 18:12 - Jul 26 with 731 viewsOldjack

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 13:22 - Jul 26 by MagicDaps

It's always baffled me as to the amount of criticism he gets as a chairman. He's a fantastic chairman, and a big plus of the takeover is that he's going to continue on as chairman. He's been such a vital figure in our success far, and despite criticism recently with a limited budget he's done a very good job. People talk about the consistency of managers like Allardyce and Pulis for there consistency of keeping clubs in the division, but neither can boast the record Huw Jenkins has as a chairman with limited resources of never finishing lower than 12th in his five seasons in the Premier League. Is he going to make mistakes? Of course, nobody can get every transfer right and every club is going to face difficult challenges along the way that you can't precedent for. Are we going to sign everyone? No of course not, we haven't got a blank cheque book and he's going to have to make decisions of where to prioritise spending. He is very much in charge of transfers under our current model, and he's the ideal person for the job. He's overseen a net transfer profit despite three promotions, and been heavily involved in the building of a team that's consolidated our job as a Premier League club. I'm glad that our new owners aren't as reactionary and fickle as some of support when it comes to entrusting their support in one of the best in the business.

The way i see it now is ,If Franco said to Huw we need a decent striker ,Huw says i'll scout one out for you but' it's gonna cost a fair wedge so i'll have to ask the the ones who now hold the purse strings , if thy say no and that's more than likely ,no it is we'll have to lower our sights rather lower ,there's a few in the bargain basement you can have , Just like Villa loads of signings last season but no quality ,The future is not bright but i hope i'm way off the mark

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 18:29 - Jul 26 with 705 viewsmorningstar

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 18:12 - Jul 26 by Oldjack

The way i see it now is ,If Franco said to Huw we need a decent striker ,Huw says i'll scout one out for you but' it's gonna cost a fair wedge so i'll have to ask the the ones who now hold the purse strings , if thy say no and that's more than likely ,no it is we'll have to lower our sights rather lower ,there's a few in the bargain basement you can have , Just like Villa loads of signings last season but no quality ,The future is not bright but i hope i'm way off the mark

What you think Huw will say "The future is not bright but i hope i'm way off the mark", to Frankie?

Blimey! Things must be bad!
[Post edited 26 Jul 2016 18:34]

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 18:33 - Jul 26 with 690 viewsMagicDaps

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 18:12 - Jul 26 by Oldjack

Well you talk about Villa, but last summer they spent £52 million. Investment doesn't guarantee anything, and it goes to show how well we've performed considering the financial restrictions on the club.

It seems I've got a lot more faith on the new owners then most on here. I do think they're in it simply to make money, but they'll make a killing if they keep us up for three years and sell us on when the new TV rights deal comes through. We'll have money to spend, given the current TV rights deal and the wages freed up with players going and I think they're going to want to put a statement of intent with the signing of a striker. I'd be surprised if we didn't spend at least £10 million on a striker.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 18:37 - Jul 26 with 667 viewsmorningstar

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 18:33 - Jul 26 by MagicDaps

Well you talk about Villa, but last summer they spent £52 million. Investment doesn't guarantee anything, and it goes to show how well we've performed considering the financial restrictions on the club.

It seems I've got a lot more faith on the new owners then most on here. I do think they're in it simply to make money, but they'll make a killing if they keep us up for three years and sell us on when the new TV rights deal comes through. We'll have money to spend, given the current TV rights deal and the wages freed up with players going and I think they're going to want to put a statement of intent with the signing of a striker. I'd be surprised if we didn't spend at least £10 million on a striker.

With £10m on a striker being a statement of intent of what exactly?

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 18:39 - Jul 26 with 644 viewslondonlisa2001

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 18:37 - Jul 26 by morningstar

Mediocrity?
Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 18:40 - Jul 26 with 636 viewsAngelRangelQS

At some point it seems like Huw went from being an excellent chairman to a poor director of football. That's when the issues started IMO.

It's one thing being able to run a football club in terms of budgets, negotiations, appointing managers/insisting on a philosophy etc but quite another to be able to identify players who will come into our side.

You can probably safely assume that a fair chunk of our signings over the last couple of years have been made by Huw as many of the players have barely had a look in.
Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 18:41 - Jul 26 with 632 viewsmax936

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 18:33 - Jul 26 by MagicDaps

Aint gonna happen Daps 10 mill for 2 or 3 players maybe, but for one no chance in my opinion.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 18:48 - Jul 26 with 606 viewsMagicDaps

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 18:37 - Jul 26 by morningstar

People were talking of Joe Allen being this much needed statement of intent at £13 million. Prioritising that money on a good striker to complete what is a good team is what's needed and I have confidence that's what we'll do. I don't think we're in a position to complain about that sort of money being spent on an individual player, it's good money.

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 18:49 - Jul 26 with 605 viewsOldjack

Have you noticed the price of average players has rocketed since this so-called golden egg has been laid , 10 mill for a decent striker not a hope in hell

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 18:52 - Jul 26 with 590 viewsOldjack

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 18:29 - Jul 26 by morningstar

What you think Huw will say "The future is not bright but i hope i'm way off the mark", to Frankie?

Blimey! Things must be bad!
[Post edited 26 Jul 2016 18:34]

no you tit , if people think Huw was careful with the dosh wait until this lot get going ,cutbacks next , those bloody afternoon naps in those pods can go

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 18:53 - Jul 26 with 584 viewsdailew

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 18:49 - Jul 26 by Oldjack

Have you noticed the price of average players has rocketed since this so-called golden egg has been laid , 10 mill for a decent striker not a hope in hell

Reckon they're eyeing up Chadli to convert him to striker. Could work. Has an eye for goal and at 1.89 has a physical presence.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 18:55 - Jul 26 with 579 viewsmorningstar

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 18:48 - Jul 26 by MagicDaps

People were talking of Joe Allen being this much needed statement of intent at £13 million. Prioritising that money on a good striker to complete what is a good team is what's needed and I have confidence that's what we'll do. I don't think we're in a position to complain about that sort of money being spent on an individual player, it's good money.

If we only have £10m to spend on a striker so be it. But it's not a statement of intent. The two just don't go together do they? Spending £13m on a defensive midfielder when we don't have a striker is a statement of stupidity imo.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2016 18:56]

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 18:55 - Jul 26 with 576 viewslondonlisa2001

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 18:53 - Jul 26 by dailew

Reckon they're eyeing up Chadli to convert him to striker. Could work. Has an eye for goal and at 1.89 has a physical presence.

My guess is 1 outright striker (possibly that Baston bloke or Haller if we can get Utrecht to talk to us), Chadli and one back up (HRK or NOliveira).

I think we'll play 433.
Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 18:59 - Jul 26 with 543 viewsMagicDaps

Is Jenkins presiding over the very thing that made him Chairman ? on 18:49 - Jul 26 by Oldjack

Well we'll see. I think he'll bring in someone who'll round the squad of nicely, and somebody of the calibre of the rest of the squad and I think he'll be given over £10 million to do it if necessary. I mean the people moaning that this wouldn't be a statement of intent, what exactly do you expect us to spend on a striker?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024